• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Spartan101 (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin is caught in flashes speedforce where the flash is at his most powerful almost god like,fight on! Can odin defeat him? Pre 52 flash. {sorry cant put in pictures,wont load?}

#2 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin stomps

#3 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash stomps.

#4 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin easily.

#7 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

#8 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: xD

just trying to show the flash fanboys what would happen if they said that.

#10 Edited by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin ROTFL stomps

#11 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Speed Force, the Flashes are already dead/absorbed if they're inside of the Speed Force, with the exception of Wally who could go in and out as he pleases, but never was shown to be more powerful while in the Speed Force.

#12 Posted by rpottage (893 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash murderstomps.

#13 Edited by hsm1 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

#14 Posted by rpottage (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@hsm1 said:

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

No; he can't.

See the problem to the is right in the OP. It says that the fight takes place in the Speedforce itself. Well the speedforce is where speedsters go when they die; they can't die or be harmed in there; in fact the speedforce is their final BFR attempt when an enemy is too strong. They push him into the speedforce (like they did to Superboy Prime) and that's that. While Superboy Prime was able to leave; nobody in the Speedforce was harmed in any way shape or form, Bart even made the trip out of the speedforce by using Barry's Costume. Superboy Prime was unable to do anything to them in the speedforce; meanwhile he left with a case of "Flash Phobia". So by being in the speedforce already; there's simply nothing Odin can do to harm Flash at all; meanwhile Odin himself is BFR'd there from the very start by its very nature. The scenario; if you understand the speedforce and its relation to speedsters; actually sets up in such a way that Odin automatically loses. It's not a matter of power or ability at that point; The Flash is simply immune to anything Odin can do because he's already in the Speedforce.

#15 Posted by DedrabbiT (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@hsm1 said:

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

No; he can't.

See the problem to the is right in the OP. It says that the fight takes place in the Speedforce itself. Well the speedforce is where speedsters go when they die; they can't die or be harmed in there; in fact the speedforce is their final BFR attempt when an enemy is too strong. They push him into the speedforce (like they did to Superboy Prime) and that's that. While Superboy Prime was able to leave; nobody in the Speedforce was harmed in any way shape or form, Bart even made the trip out of the speedforce by using Barry's Costume. Superboy Prime was unable to do anything to them in the speedforce; meanwhile he left with a case of "Flash Phobia". So by being in the speedforce already; there's simply nothing Odin can do to harm Flash at all; meanwhile Odin himself is BFR'd there from the very start by its very nature. The scenario; if you understand the speedforce and its relation to speedsters; actually sets up in such a way that Odin automatically loses. It's not a matter of power or ability at that point; The Flash is simply immune to anything Odin can do because he's already in the Speedforce.

But can't powerful enough magic kind of mess with the fabric of the speed force? I mean the speed force is a scientific thing in comics. Magic doesn't really give a crap what science thinks. I mean if the magic is powerful enough.

#16 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5063 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin stomps no matter where the battle takes place

#17 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@hsm1 said:

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

No; he can't.

But can't powerful enough magic kind of mess with the fabric of the speed force? I mean the speed force is a scientific thing in comics. Magic doesn't really give a crap what science thinks. I mean if the magic is powerful enough.

I don't really think galaxy level magic would be even a minor hindrance to a multiversal dimension that is the source of time and movement of all things. Speed force is hardly science, it's an abstract of a dimension.

That said, Odin wins at the start because the Flash is either dead from merging with the speed force or has to leave to avoid merging with the speed force. If the Speed Force can't permanently put down Superboy Prime, it probably won't put down Odin, either.

#18 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin stomps no matter where the battle takes place

if it takes place in my imagination he doesn't

:3

#19 Posted by rpottage (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@hsm1 said:

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

No; he can't.

No; nothing has been shown capable of messing with the speedforce like that.And such a thing would likely be impossible by its nature.
To quote what Max said about it:
Max: "When you were hit by that bolt of lightning, you didn't tap into the Speed Force - you created it. When you run, you generate the kinetic wall between the present and the time barrier. It's an electrical energy that exists in every dimension, every universe and every era. It touches every part of reality. It contains the knowledge of every place and time. The Speed Force is the all-encompassing Flash Fact."

So the problem is that it exists in every part of reality; to mess with the speedforce you'd have to be powerful enough to mess with all reality. More than that; there's no telling what that would do to reality nor is there telling what would happen to Odin inside the Speedforce if he managed to mess with it. And of course there's the issue of how to even affect it; conjuring powerful attacks should theoretically have even less effect on the speedforce then on regular space since the speedforce exists through all dimensions and realities rather than being confined to one universe.

#20 Edited by Ministurt (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin has so many things he can do to Flash like take away his speed force or magicaly bind him to a ygdrasil and punch in around demension drop him or use the Odin force to become faster than the flash

#21 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin beats The Flash...

#22 Posted by DedrabbiT (588 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

in the speed force?

Why do you think Flash being in the Speed Force makes him more powerful? It just makes him dead until he leaves.

#25 Posted by DedrabbiT (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced, @king_saturn.

OK...

we got two different ideas here. Which is it? Magic trumps the speed force? or Flash is technically dead in there anyways?

Anyways, in the new 52 so far I dont even think it says anything about Flash being dead when he enters it. All he has said at least to my knowledge is that he is almost like god in there. It is his realm. Blah blah blah.

At first I was thinking Odin, now idk.

#26 Posted by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#27 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

#28 Edited by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

OK...

we got two different ideas here. Which is it? Magic trumps the speed force? or Flash is technically dead in there anyways?

Anyways, in the new 52 so far I dont even think it says anything about Flash being dead when he enters it. All he has said at least to my knowledge is that he is almost like god in there. It is his realm. Blah blah blah.

It depends on the level of Magic... Odin's Magic is of another scale than you average Magical user... because of this we can say that the Odin Force could affect the Speed Force and essentially stop Flash in his tracks... possibly.

#29 Posted by therrieur (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin Force > Speed force

That's just the way it is.

#30 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@dedrabbit said:

OK...

It depends on the level of Magic... Odin's Magic is of another scale than you average Magical user... because of this we can say that the Odin Force could affect the Speed Force and essentially stop Flash in his tracks... possibly.

I don't think Odin could do jack sh*t to the Speed Force. Speed Force is infinite and multiversal, far beyond Odin's scale of efficacy.

Dedrabbit: The op said it was Pre-52 Speed Force. Pre-52 Speed Force is, as I said, a multiversal dimensional energy source that provides all movement, both kinetic and through time, to the multiverse. It is also heaven for Speedsters -- it's where Speedsters who have been affected by the Speed Force go when they die. If a Flash were to try to fight inside the Speed Force, they would be instantly drawn into it and become one with it. Wally is the main exception because he, through concentration and control, escape the Speed Force before he becomes one with it. He most certainly could not fight inside it.

New-52 Speed Force is different, and Barry DOES get more powerful inside of it, by a significant margin, but it's not new-52 Speed Force as the OP said.

@therrieur said:

Odin Force > Speed force

That's just the way it is.

This is laughably untrue. Odin is at best Galaxy+. He gets smacked down by less than Universal forces (like Celestials). The Speed Force is literally a multiversal abstract constant in DC. Odin Force isn't even relevant.

Odin is more powerful than Speedsters, though.

#31 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@dedrabbit said:

OK...

I don't think Odin could do jack shit to the Speed Force. Speed Force is infinite and multiversal, far beyond Odin's scale of efficacy.

Dedrabbit: The op said it was Pre-52 Speed Force. Pre-52 Speed Force is, as I said, a multiversal dimensional energy source that provides all movement, both kinetic and through time, to the multiverse. It is also heaven for Speedsters -- it's where Speedsters who have been affected by the Speed Force go when they die. If a Flash were to try to fight inside the Speed Force, they would be instantly drawn into it and become one with it. Wally is the main exception because he, through concentration and control, escape the Speed Force before he becomes one with it. He most certainly could not fight inside it.

New-52 Speed Force is different, and Barry DOES get more powerful inside of it, by a significant margin, but it's not new-52 Speed Force as the OP said.

an assertion I don't think is totally true

#32 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao wait wait wait, you guys are putting him most powerful as in terms of being connected with the Speed Force, and you guys are saying that Flash loses? WTF IS THIS SHIIII?

First thing to cover:

Odin is doing nothing to the Speed Force, at all. Reason being is that EVERYTHING is connected to the Speed Force, even Odin himself but to a lesser degree as compared to Flash. Flash also can not be disconnected from the Speed Force, so it would be impossible to "Stop" or "Destroy it".

But for hells sake, let's give Odin to actually destroy the speed force, don't you know that he would basically be killing himself? As I recall didn't Professor Zoom say that everything revolves around the Speed Force including time and movement itself? You destory the Speed Force your basically destroying time, as in a sense of perception, for everyone. That would just leave everyone motionless. I don't think you guys understand that the only reason that the only reason Odin can move now is because of the speed force lol.

Second thing to cover:

If you are actually giving Flash FULL POWER of the speed force he should technically have the power to decide if Odin moves or not? But even if he isn't at full power, shouldnt he still be able to do the same?

Third thing to cover:

Wouldn't being at FULL power include him being able to create clones of himself like how Bart did and/or if he is effected of the pain they feel? Now I do hope you guys know that Odin is only invulnerable to a certain degree. But hey he can take a couple of IMPs since he's a god right? Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. He's no juggernaut lmao. And also, doesn't Flash already runs trillions of times the speed of light since that means he can literally make a pico second of a million years? And as I recall being at full power would allow him to break the time barrier once again where time was actually frozen? But if I'm wrong about the time barrer thing you can cross that out.

But time for one of the biggest questions in this thread......

Do you honestly think Odin can take trillions or billions on punches by Flash, not including the other Flashes Wally has created which will just do the same, all in less than one second?

Now I see you Dereduced talking about how Odin would break out or what not. But you are still forgetting that when Superboy-Prime broke out he was scared of him?

You see, the Flash has the power to slow or speed down your'e perception of time(which you've even argued in other threads), whats stopping Flash from making one second into a million years, while leaving him motionless(via speed steal), while having TONS of Flashes bashing his face in? I think it's kind of funny to me that people are say "stomp" though.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Censor the cursing if you must, please.

#34 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I'm sure we've all seen and used worse language as comic readers, but alright, I'll try to tone it down. My apologies.

#35 Posted by theDCkid (884 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@hsm1 said:

@rpottage said:

The Flash murderstomps.

Odin murderstomps.

No; he can't.

I came in here to say "Odin stomps", but now I need to go re think everything. There goes my afternoon.

#36 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should we play by the nonsensical rules of DC's speed-force? Is that fair?

I understand that these are comicbook characters. I'm just saying.....

The speed-force makes no sense whatsoever!!!

It's just a PIS(Plot Induced Stupidity) cop-out that DC used to transform Flash from a lame character who runs really fast to a guy who makes no sense but is somehow invincible.

The Flash's powers are absolutely ridiculous because they follow no logic train of thought.

#37 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should we play by the nonsensical rules of DC's speed-force? Is that fair?

I understand that these are comicbook characters. I'm just saying.....

The speed-force makes no sense whatsoever!!!

It's just a PIS(Plot Induced Stupidity) cop-out that DC used to transform Flash from a lame character who runs really fast to a guy who makes no sense but is somehow invincible.

The Speed Force makes about as much sense as an old guy who can magically blow up galaxies by pointing really hard.

#38 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

How does Odin make no sense? Odin is just really powerful.

People who blow up galaxies may not exist but at least its plausible.

How does Odin make no sense?

Flash's powers are a convoluted mess even for a comic book character.

#39 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

How does Odin make no sense? Odin is just really powerful.

People who blow up galaxies may not exist but at least its plausible.

How does Odin make no sense?

Flash's powers are a convoluted mess even for a comic book character.

Because Magic isn't actually a thing that makes sense. He just does stuff because he's magically a powerful skyfather. Flash does stuff because of equally stupid physics defying speed powers. Both are inherently non sensical. Just because you like Odin or dislike Flash doesn't make either one any less dumb comics BS.

#40 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

What about his magic makes no sense?

For me, magic is just the generation of energy and matter manipulation.

When I say "matter manipulation" I mean the destruction and assembly of atoms, typically deconstructing one type of atom and forming it into another.

It's like nuclear power+ nuclear chemistry.

Time travel is the only comics book magic that makes no sense(because it does not exist).

#41 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: Haha and also, if it's "Energy Manipulation" that wouldn't work on Flash since he take away energy.

Now Flash powers you can actually apply science and logic to. How do you do that with magic?

IMP is scientifically real. You can't just say that he makes no sense since he has a certain power set, if that's the case you could say that for about every comic character. It's comics.

Time Travel is also real, if you are able to travel at the speed of light you can time travel. That's also another power that revolves around Flash.

#42 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

What about his magic makes no sense?

For me, magic is just the generation of energy and matter manipulation.

When I say "matter manipulation" I mean the destruction and assembly of atoms, typically deconstructing one type of atom and forming it into another.

It's like nuclear power+ nuclear chemistry.

Time travel is the only comics book magic that makes no sense(because it does not exist).

All of Flash's powers revolve around the constant of kinetic energy control, even if it breaks the laws of physics.

Odin's powers have no such nuclear set. They're literally magic with no rhyme or reason other than he has a magic power named after him. It's magic, magic isn't real and doesn't have any slight basis in reality. Flash's powers, no matter how non sensical, atleast revolve around stuff that actually exists like kinetic energy.

#43 Posted by whacknasty (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

The Speed Force makes about as much sense as an old guy who can magically blow up galaxies by pointing really hard.

Lol, that was awesome.

Are there many on panel examples of what it is like within the Speed Force?

#44 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

1. the universe is made of atoms. Atomic energy is nuclear energy. It doesn't matter what synonym you use. It's all the same.

The only difference is how ionizing the energy is.

The different levels of energy are defined by whether they merely raise temperature and break atoms bonds between atoms or simply smash the atoms entirely.

2. I defined magic.

You did not.

Why did you not?

Also, take note that "magic", as seen in the DC universe and the Marvel universe, are two different things.

What I described was the magic of the Marvel Universe.

How does magic work in DC? Does it allow to do basically whatever you want unless the plot laid out by the writers says otherwise?

That's not how magic works in the Marvel universe.

3. You can't talk about energy and ignore the effect of energy. The whole point of energy is that is affects things.

Flash's powers are a flat-out contradiction.

Just because his powers are based on generating energy does not mean it truly respects the concept of energy.

#45 Edited by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: You didn't define magic. You lied about what Odin's magic is. You said it was nuclear and atomic control when it isn't, it's MAGIC. Odin's ability to stop time has nothing to do with nuclear, atomic, or matter manipulation, for instance. He can just do lots of stupid stuff like project energy blasts that destroy a galaxy faster than light is capable of travelling (a galaxy destroying explosion would take thousands of years to happen due to the wave physics of energy dispersement). It doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to, but you're trying to force it to.

I told you exactly what the speed force does -- it governs kinetic movement and the multiverse's movement along the timestream. This is why Flash can do things like steal kinetic energy, lend kinetic energy and time travel. There's nothing contradictory about any of the things Flash does.

There's nothing contradictory about Odin, either, it's just magic which doesn't need explanation. The entire point of magic is it's non sensical and defies reality.

#46 Edited by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001:

There is NO sciene to magic, at all. This guy walks around and creates planets and destroys them like it's nothing. No-one can just summon lightning out of no-where or make something basically indestructable. None of that is even close to real.

While in Flash case

• If you do vibrate something fast enough it will phase through
  • If you go light speed you can time travel
  • An IMP IS real
  • If you are going faster enough you CAN run on water, just as a motorcycle
  • You should be able to create tornadoes with your hands to fly since it's air picking you up

In comic everything derives for the Speed Force which is energy. Just as we would need a signisicant source of energy to the point that we can go light speed(which is in Flash case). You give the man the power to manipulate the speed force he can either slow you down or speed you up. Kind of like a drug.

See there's a certain aspect of realism in his powers when in Odins there's about absolutely none.

#47 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001:

There is NO sciene to magic, at all. This guy walks around and creates planets and destroys them like it's nothing. No-one can just summon lightning out of no-where or make something basically indestructable. None of that is even close to real.

While in Flash case

• An IMP IS real
  • You should be able to create tornadoes with your hands to fly since it's air picking you up

In comic everything derives for the Speed Force which is energy. Just as we would need a signisicant source of energy to the point that we can go light speed(which is in Flash case). You give the man the power to manipulate the speed force he can either slow you down or speed you up. Kind of like a drug.

See there's a certain aspect of realism in his powers when in Odins there's about absolutely none.

Wait a minute... did you say that an Infinite Mass Punch is real ? Are you smoking that good Kush ?

#48 Posted by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash wins.

#49 Posted by Dredeuced (5548 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32 said:

@dum529001:

While in Flash case

• An IMP IS real

Wait a minute... did you say that an Infinite Mass Punch is real ? Are you smoking that good Kush ?

Relativistic mass increasing effects as an object approaches lightspeed is true, even if there's not actual people who can do it.

#50 Edited by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: You didn't define magic. You lied about what Odin's magic is. You said it was nuclear and atomic control when it isn't, it's MAGIC. Odin's ability to stop time has nothing to do with nuclear, atomic, or matter manipulation, for instance. He can just do lots of stupid stuff like project energy blasts that destroy a galaxy faster than light is capable of travelling (a galaxy destroying explosion would take thousands of years to happen due to the wave physics of energy dispersement). It doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to, but you're trying to force it to.

I told you exactly what the speed force does -- it governs kinetic movement and the multiverse's movement along the timestream. This is why Flash can do things like steal kinetic energy, lend kinetic energy and time travel. There's nothing contradictory about any of the things Flash does.

There's nothing contradictory about Odin, either, it's just magic which doesn't need explanation. The entire point of magic is it's non sensical and defies reality.

I don't think it really matters what extent writer's of comic book characters (and their respective feats) go to give some sort of credence to the feats. They're all comic book feats. If "crisis" had never happened, we'd all still be talking about how Superman could use his super breath to control the rotation of the earth or to blow out a star. As ridiculous as the feat is, its still comic books we're talking. One feat in continuity as the same as any other and no less valid, unless it can be proved by a preponderance of feats that the others are invalid.

Odin is a confirmed galaxy buster. He has gone up against some of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, including Galactus.

This is a murder curb stomp. Odin for the win.