• 74 results
#1 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos: now sky father shall we try this again?
Odin: Aye, titan it seems we will. 
ko, kill no BFR.

#2 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH is a none factor here 
and thanos without the item he had last time (if i am right) loses.
#3 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
what items are those?
#4 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"what items are those?
"
orb of wisdom he was drawing power from
#5 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the 1st time he fought odin he didnt use any shields or the orb of wisdom...
#6 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"the 1st time he fought odin he didnt use any shields or the orb of wisdom... "
did thanos lose that fight?
#7 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins this fight in the nude, WWH dies from shock shortly after.
#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
he was sent flying around and took a few beatings but he didnt fall or fail to rise. 
 thanos didnt really use all his exotic powers he just went shot for shot with Odin.
#9 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"he was sent flying around and took a few beatings but he didnt fall or fail to rise. 
 thanos didnt really use all his exotic powers he just went shot for shot with Odin. "
i ask again though did thanos lose the fight? since if he did then this is whats gonna happen again since odin did not use his full powers in that fight as well.
#10 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
no, thanos did not lose the fight nor did odin win...
#11 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12062 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"no, thanos did not lose the fight nor did odin win... "

well then idk, when it comes to thanos it's hard to say since at times it seems like he would but then others it seems he would not.
#12 Posted by icecream1991 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Are u guys bullshting? 

Odin beat the living hell outta thanos last time they fought.  Odin would strike him down, back up, let thanos struggle to stand up again, and knock him down again

Odin said Thanos was a worthy opponent, worthy of his time, but odin beat the shit outta thanos last time they fought.

#13 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

If this went down, Thanos would push WWH under the bus (Odin).  WWH isn't on Thanos's level and he certainly isn't on Odin's.  Why would Thanos want WWH slowing him down?

Thanos stomps with prep pretty badly...

#14 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" If this went down, Thanos would push WWH under the bus (Odin).  WWH isn't on Thanos's level and he certainly isn't on Odin's.  Why would Thanos want WWH slowing him down?  Thanos stomps with prep pretty badly... "
Thanos had prep last time they fought. Didn't seem to slow Odin down in the slightest.
#15 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" If this went down, Thanos would push WWH under the bus (Odin).  WWH isn't on Thanos's level and he certainly isn't on Odin's.  Why would Thanos want WWH slowing him down?  Thanos stomps with prep pretty badly... "
Thanos had prep last time they fought. Didn't seem to slow Odin down in the slightest. "
Thanos coulda prepped more then and won.  He obviously went light on the prep to give Odin a chance.  I know Odin was crapping his pants when Thanos had IG...
#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
Thanos had prep last time they fought. Didn't seem to slow Odin down in the slightest. "
Thanos coulda prepped more then and won.  He obviously went light on the prep to give Odin a chance.  I know Odin was crapping his pants when Thanos had IG... "
Right. Because it was the only time Thanos was even a threat to Odin. You can say all you want about prep, but even with it, Thanos was getting tossed like a house salad.
#17 Posted by star notes (243 posts) - - Show Bio

WWH is useless in this fight and Thanos will be beaten in a few shots.
#18 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
Thanos coulda prepped more then and won.  He obviously went light on the prep to give Odin a chance.  I know Odin was crapping his pants when Thanos had IG... "
Right. Because it was the only time Thanos was even a threat to Odin. You can say all you want about prep, but even with it, Thanos was getting tossed like a house salad. "
Odin couldnt finish the job for a reason...you gotta put Thanos down to kill him, he couldnt finish the job.  Those scans just showed Odin didnt have what it took to keep the Titan down...
#19 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
Right. Because it was the only time Thanos was even a threat to Odin. You can say all you want about prep, but even with it, Thanos was getting tossed like a house salad. "
Odin couldnt finish the job for a reason...you gotta put Thanos down to kill him, he couldnt finish the job.  Those scans just showed Odin didnt have what it took to keep the Titan down... "
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... oh, you're serious? Thanos couldn't even scratch Odin, and Odin wasn't trying.
#20 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... oh, you're serious? Thanos couldn't even scratch Odin, and Odin wasn't trying.

I think they are on the same level pretty much.  Thanos went against him for a reason.  He wanted to prove he was in Odin's league...he did.
#21 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"

I think they are on the same level pretty much.  Thanos went against him for a reason.  He wanted to prove he was in Odin's league...he did. "

In his league? He didn't even hurt Odin. Stop making ridiculous posts.
#22 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @Klandicar said:

"

I think they are on the same level pretty much.  Thanos went against him for a reason.  He wanted to prove he was in Odin's league...he did. "
In his league? He didn't even hurt Odin. Stop making ridiculous posts. "
End of fight...Thanos was ready to keep going.

Odin admitting Thanos is worthy to fight him.  Thanos also blasting Odin with Odin cringing.

Thanos swatting Odin's meteor storm...yawn.

Thanos imprisoning Odin

Odin pulling a weapon because he cant fight Thanos man to man...

Odin declaring victory because he doesn't wanna keep going with big T.

Thanos charging through Odin's energy beam and grabbing his weapon

Odin realizing he can't take down Thanos

#23 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Thanos not in his league?  Odin kept declaring he won and Thanos kept coming.  The fact he needed to pull a weapon hurts Odin's credibility.  Let's see him fight Thanos with the power gem and keep going.

#24 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar: Wow. You misinterpreted that entire fight. Completely so.
Not surprising, given your fanboyism for Thanos, but nowhere did Odin

1. Odin cringed? Where? 
2. Took out a weapon because he couldn't fight Thanos man to man... Hm. sounds similar to what happened between Thanos and WM Thor. How odd that you'd try to use Gungir, a weapon Odin utilizes much like Thor utilizes Mjolnir, but you continue to refute Thanos needing a gun to finish his dirty work.
3. Realized he couldn't take Thanos? Where the hell are you getting this from, seriously?

So let's see..... Thanos couldn't compete with Odin physically.. he couldn't compete with Odin when it came to energy manipulation.... and he couldn't even keep Odin imprisoned. And yet he's on Odin's level. Wow. That's a lot to say, seeing as how Thanos never really layed hands on Odin the entire fight. See, it seems to me (and all sane people) that Odin was completely controlling that battle. Which is a fact. Where as Thanos was being knocked around like a mofo. 

#25 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

So let's see..... Thanos couldn't compete with Odin physically.. he couldn't compete with Odin when it came to energy manipulation.... and he couldn't even keep Odin imprisoned. And yet he's on Odin's level. Wow. That's a lot to say, seeing as how Thanos never really layed hands on Odin the entire fight. See, it seems to me (and all sane people) that Odin was completely controlling that battle. Which is a fact. Where as Thanos was being knocked around like a mofo.

Odin was not controlling the fight until he pulled the weapon.  Even then Thanos walked through the energy projection and grabbed the spear tip.  In other words, Thanos walks through Odin's best and refuses to go down.  Odin looked like he wanted to declare victory without actually achieving it.  Odin being an old man was going to tire out, Thanos was still fresh and ready to go as seen when they stopped the fight.

Thanos didn't lose that match...it obviously wasnt over.
#26 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"

Odin was not controlling the fight until he pulled the weapon.  Even then Thanos walked through the energy projection and grabbed the spear tip.  In other words, Thanos walks through Odin's best and refuses to go down.  Odin looked like he wanted to declare victory without actually achieving it.  Odin being an old man was going to tire out, Thanos was still fresh and ready to go as seen when they stopped the fight. "
xD There was no part of that fight Odin wasn't controlling.Quit being silly. And the best Odin can dish out? It busts galaxies. There were no galaxy busting shots when he fought Thanos. And Odin about to tire out? Did you just look at the pictures? The fight ended because Beta Ray Bill and Sif begged Odin to stop. I'm seriously concerned about you now.
#27 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

xD There was no part of that fight Odin wasn't controlling.Quit being silly. And the best Odin can dish out? It busts galaxies. There were no galaxy busting shots when he fought Thanos. And Odin about to tire out? Did you just look at the pictures? The fight ended because Beta Ray Bill and Sif begged Odin to stop. I'm seriously concerned about you now.

You can't just say Odin won unless Thanos was put down for the count.  He tanked everything Odin threw at him.  It was an excellent showing for both of them, moreso Thanos since he showed that insane durability he always does.
#28 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"

You can't just say Odin won unless Thanos was put down for the count.  He tanked everything Odin threw at him.  It was an excellent showing for both of them, moreso Thanos since he showed that insane durability he always does. "
Really? You seem to claim that Thanos beat Tyrant, yet Tyrant was never put down for the count. You claim that Sentry put down WWH, yet Bruce went on to become a stronger incarnation of Hulk.You seem to enjoy contradicting yourself a lot, a habit that seems to be growing throughout this thread. It's a massive double standard, and quite frankly, no one is buying your bull any more.
#29 Posted by Batosaims7 (904 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"

You can't just say Odin won unless Thanos was put down for the count.  He tanked everything Odin threw at him.  It was an excellent showing for both of them, moreso Thanos since he showed that insane durability he always does. "
Thanos lost
#30 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos lost 

Odin: Do you yield villain?

Thanos: No

Fight ends due to interruption

Yeah, he lost alright...

Really? You seem to claim that Thanos beat Tyrant, yet Tyrant was never put down for the count. You claim that Sentry put down WWH, yet Bruce went on to become a stronger incarnation of Hulk.You seem to enjoy contradicting yourself a lot, a habit that seems to be growing throughout this thread. It's a massive double standard, and quite frankly, no one is buying your bull any more.

Thanos did get the victory on that one.  He tied Tyrant and stole his orb.  I said Sentry could put WWH down, and he basically did just that.  Hulk is as good as beat when he turns into Bruce.  You guys are just Thanos haters.  You turn perfectly good tanking feats into monumental losses, when the fact is Thanos was going to keep fighting...he was charging up a laser to blast him when they stepped in.

#31 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar: 

He tied? You mean when he was getting up from the smoking crater Tyrant put him in, or when he teleported from the fight? Yeah, because that seems like a massive win for Thanos.

Way to go hero.
#32 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar:   He tied? You mean when he was getting up from the smoking crater Tyrant put him in, or when he teleported from the fight? Yeah, because that seems like a massive win for Thanos.   Way to go hero. "
Who left with the orb?  It wasn't Tyrant that is for sure.  Oh wait, it was Thanos of Titan.  So much for him losing.
#33 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar:   He tied? You mean when he was getting up from the smoking crater Tyrant put him in, or when he teleported from the fight? Yeah, because that seems like a massive win for Thanos.   Way to go hero. "
Who left with the orb?  It wasn't Tyrant that is for sure.  Oh wait, it was Thanos of Titan.  So much for him losing. "
So... if he didn't lose, then where did he win?
#34 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Who left with the orb?  It wasn't Tyrant that is for sure.  Oh wait, it was Thanos of Titan.  So much for him losing. "
So... if he didn't lose, then where did he win? "
The writer said he won...Tyrant was humbled by Thanos of Tyrant.  That's all I need.  Upper left corner.

#35 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
The writer said he won...Tyrant was humbled by Thanos of Tyrant.  That's all I need.  Upper left corner.

"
No seriously. Where did he put Tyrant down?
#36 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
No seriously. Where did he put Tyrant down? "
Thanos fought him to see if Tyrant could take the orb back.  When he realized Tyrant couldnt he left with Tyrant's orb.  I'd call it a tie based on the action since neither were down, then again the author does stated Tyrant was humbled by Thanos.  I'll go with what the writer intended and say Thanos flat out bested him.
#37 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
Thanos fought him to see if Tyrant could take the orb back.  When he realized Tyrant couldnt he left with Tyrant's orb.  I'd call it a tie based on the action since neither were down, then again the author does stated Tyrant was humbled by Thanos.  I'll go with what the writer intended and say Thanos flat out bested him. "
Tie? There's nothing in that fight that even implies a tie. Or flat out besting. Seriously, where did Thanos physically beat Tyrant, under his own power.
#38 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
Thanos fought him to see if Tyrant could take the orb back.  When he realized Tyrant couldnt he left with Tyrant's orb.  I'd call it a tie based on the action since neither were down, then again the author does stated Tyrant was humbled by Thanos.  I'll go with what the writer intended and say Thanos flat out bested him. "
Tie? There's nothing in that fight that even implies a tie. Or flat out besting. Seriously, where did Thanos physically beat Tyrant, under his own power. "
Don't ignore the fact Tyrant could not get the orb back from Thanos. That was the whole point of the fight.  Thanos simply stole the orb, dared Tyrant to take it back, and walked away with it.
#39 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

"
Tie? There's nothing in that fight that even implies a tie. Or flat out besting. Seriously, where did Thanos physically beat Tyrant, under his own power. "
Don't ignore the fact Tyrant could not get the orb back from Thanos. That was the whole point of the fight.  Thanos simply stole the orb, dared Tyrant to take it back, and walked away with it. "
Once again, where did Thanos beat Tyrant. You keep on saying Thanos won, but he didn't physically best Tyrant, he didn't prove to have superior energy manipulation powers, he couldn't even fight Tyrant without amping himself with the orb. You keep on saying he beat Tyrant, but by the same token, Odin didn't beat Thanos?

So let's end this right here.

By your logic: 

Odin didn't knock out Thanos. Therefore, Odin didn't beat Thanos.

Thanos didn't knock out Tyrant. Therefore, Thanos didn't beat Tyrant. 

You're contradicting yourself horribly. You can't have it both ways. You cant have a double standard just because he's your favorite character.
#40 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again, where did Thanos beat Tyrant. You keep on saying Thanos won, but he didn't physically best Tyrant, he didn't prove to have superior energy manipulation powers, he couldn't even fight Tyrant without amping himself with the orb. You keep on saying he beat Tyrant, but by the same token, Odin didn't beat Thanos?

So let's end this right here.

By your logic: 

Odin didn't knock out Thanos. Therefore, Odin didn't beat Thanos.

Thanos didn't knock out Tyrant. Therefore, Thanos didn't beat Tyrant. 

You're contradicting yourself horribly. You can't have it both ways. You cant have a double standard just because he's your favorite character.

Not true.  Against Tyrant the winner was decided who can leave with the orb.  Thanos left with the orb thus he humbled Tyrant as the author said.  If Tyrant outclasses Thanos so badly then why couldnt he get the orb back?  You still havent explained that after dozens of posts.

Against Odin it was a fight to the death and it got interrupted right when Thanos was ready to let loose on Odin.  If Thanos gave up then he would lose, but he didnt, he took everything Odin had and came back for more.  Odin looked out of tricks and Thanos was going to show him one of his.  Thanos knows when he is in over his head, he asked Galactus to stop attacking him before.  Odin asked if Thanos forfeited and Thanos said NO.  It meant Thanos thought he could win even after taking all the blasts from Odin.
#41 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin. WWHulk and Thanos shouldn't be much of a challenge.

#42 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"WWH is a none factor here and thanos without the item he had last time (if i am right) loses. "

I agree and would like to add that Thanos is not a threat as well unless he had some preparation for the battle.
#43 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

1.WWHulk is non factor here.
2.Thanos don't have enough fire power to defeat Odin.
3.Odin didn't beat Thanos.
4.No one prove that Thanos was using anything on his battle against Odin. Not even his shields
5.Odin didn't hold back. Two proves: a)He had to use his weapon to concentrate his energy on Thanos, b) He was ready to destroy Asgard to defeat Thanos.
6.I belive that Odin will defeat Thanos, but after long,long fight because Titan's durability is just incredible and as we could see even galxy buster had problem not even to one-shot him,but even defeat him.

#44 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
"1.WWHulk is non factor here. 2.Thanos don't have enough fire power to defeat Odin. 3.Odin didn't beat Thanos. 4.No one prove that Thanos was using anything on his battle against Odin. Not even his shields5.Odin didn't hold back. Two proves: a)He had to use his weapon to concentrate his energy on Thanos, b) He was ready to destroy Asgard to defeat Thanos. 6.I belive that Odin will defeat Thanos, but after long,long fight because Titan's durability is just incredible and as we could see even galxy buster had problem not even to one-shot him,but even defeat him. "

You should read the 2nd Thor series #23-25 and you may chnage your mind about Thanos being able to last that long against Odin.
#45 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio

why is hulk here LOL

#46 Posted by King Hercules (1160 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1 said:
"why is hulk here LOL "

He could be a distraction to Odin for Thanos to implement some form of plan, but if Thanos just attack with only his own power, he would be just a distraction as well.
#47 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Hercules said:
"@FLCL1 said:
"why is hulk here LOL "
He could be a distraction to Odin for Thanos to implement some form of plan, but if Thanos just attack with only his own power, he would be just a distraction as well. "

so basicly put some bacon around the mouses neck so the hawk can get him LOL geneus!!!
#48 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Hercules said:
" @czarny_samael said:
"1.WWHulk is non factor here. 2.Thanos don't have enough fire power to defeat Odin. 3.Odin didn't beat Thanos. 4.No one prove that Thanos was using anything on his battle against Odin. Not even his shields5.Odin didn't hold back. Two proves: a)He had to use his weapon to concentrate his energy on Thanos, b) He was ready to destroy Asgard to defeat Thanos. 6.I belive that Odin will defeat Thanos, but after long,long fight because Titan's durability is just incredible and as we could see even galxy buster had problem not even to one-shot him,but even defeat him. "
You should read the 2nd Thor series #23-25 and you may chnage your mind about Thanos being able to last that long against Odin. "
I still don't have all this story (Blood & Thunder) that is why I wanna prove that Thanos had up-grade on this fight.
#49 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thanos was using anything but his own power to tank Odin.  You know guys, Odin really went all out and Thanos just stood up from it without showing injury (burnt clothes dont count).  Yeah, he got smacked around by massive energy blasts, but he looked far from defeated.  Thanos wouldnt lie, he would have said "Yes" when Odin asked him if he yielded if the fight was over...

#50 Posted by pooty (11174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: 
No Thanos did not lose but it looked like he was going to lose if the fight continued. Same as with Tyrant. But what prep did he use against Odin. I thought he was just using his own power on that one. Nevertheless Odin wins.