Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666
@lagoon_boy said:
" Q Curbstomps. "
To my knowledge, You are right. Isn't Q bassicly omnipotent?
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@czarny_samael said:
" @lagoon_boy said:
" Q Curbstomps. "
To my knowledge, You are right. Isn't Q bassicly omnipotent? "
There is no way to know, one Q say no, Q the original say yes, then is a debate about it.
Still Q is to powerfull by far que could beat all the Marvel Universe.
And i still belive he is mroe powerfull thet the Beyonder, even that PreRetcon Beyonder.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hellos

Odin has vastly better feats then Q.  
Like I said he screams implied power in his showings, he has good feats but I'm not entirely sure they will cut it. 

@czarny_samael said:
" @lagoon_boy said:
" Q Curbstomps. "
To my knowledge, You are right. Isn't Q bassicly omnipotent?"

They aren't. They where able to turn phasers into Q killing machines with some edits by another Q and the concept of having a race of all powerful beings seems somewhat silly.
Plus Q and Odin are big on calling themselves omnipotent, doesn't make it remotely true IMO.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Perfect Cell

I think there is only 1 Q (which is the Q Continuum) that can will himself to have a race just for entertaining itself.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By lagoon_boy
Q is omnipotent, thus automatically will get stalemated if fighting one above all, another omnipotent.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hellos
@Perfect Cell said:
"I think there is only 1 Q (which is the Q Continuum) that can will himself to have a race just for entertaining itself. "

Since when? Q even had a child with another Q on Voyager. 

@lagoon_boy
said:
"Q is omnipotent, thus automatically will get stalemated if fighting one above all, another omnipotent."

No he's not.  
Generally if your Omnipotent people can't take away your powers right from under you. Not to mention have an entire race of equals. 
Heck properly equipped with weapons that can kill a Q(That look just like normal phasers and such) a normal members of Voyager where holding multiple Q's at gun point.

Did I miss something that upped Q and his race to truly Omnipotents?
sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By sa5m

q

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hellos

I'm seeing a lot of Q's not so much reasoning outside the "omnipotent" card. 
Honestly what has Q done to make him above good old Odin? 

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Hellos said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
"I think there is only 1 Q (which is the Q Continuum) that can will himself to have a race just for entertaining itself. "

@lagoon_boy
said:
"Q is omnipotent, thus automatically will get stalemated if fighting one above all, another omnipotent."
No he's not.  Generally if your Omnipotent people can't take away your powers right from under you. Not to mention have an entire race of equals. Heck properly equipped with weapons that can kill a Q(That look just like normal phasers and such) a normal members of Voyager where holding multiple Q's at gun point.  Did I miss something that upped Q and his race to truly Omnipotents? "
i kinda agree with cell. its powers are onmipotent but the Q is still learning so it's not completely omniscience. so i think what he's saying is that there can be 1 omnipotent entity, but one with multiple personalities that divided itself on different on different thought processes and opinions. having so many opinions can manifest itself as a whole race. and though it seems like a bunch of Q are going around the universe "watching", there are actually one Q just being omnipresent and pondering its on thoughts. 

so Q could be omnipotent and omnipresent, but the only reason why its not omniscience is because it wills itself not to be. 

and odin can not do this. 
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hellos
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Hellos said:
" @Perfect Cell said:

@lagoon_boy
said:
No he's not.  Generally if your Omnipotent people can't take away your powers right from under you. Not to mention have an entire race of equals. Heck properly equipped with weapons that can kill a Q(That look just like normal phasers and such) a normal members of Voyager where holding multiple Q's at gun point.  Did I miss something that upped Q and his race to truly Omnipotents? "
i kinda agree with cell. its powers are onmipotent but the Q is still learning so it's not completely omniscience. so i think what he's saying is that there can be 1 omnipotent entity, but one with multiple personalities that divided itself on different on different thought processes and opinions. having so many opinions can manifest itself as a whole race. and though it seems like a bunch of Q are going around the universe "watching", there are actually one Q just being omnipresent and pondering its on thoughts.    so Q could be omnipotent and omnipresent, but the only reason why its not omniscience is because it wills itself not to be.   and odin can not do this.  "

My main beef with this is the battle isn't even listed as the entire Q continuum and just the one very familair Q we all enjoy vs Odin.  

Also, where the heck is everyone getting this whole deal that the Q's are just multiple personalities of the Continuum?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Q wins here.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
"Q wins here. "

Now perhaps I'll get an answer, what's he done to put him above Odin outside the minor parlor tricks?  

Implied power is strong within the Q, not so much many big schemes outside so easily not being effected by whatever happens to the time line and so easily manipulate it.

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Q for the win.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
" @JediXMan said:
"Q wins here. "

Now perhaps I'll get an answer, what's he done to put him above Odin outside the minor parlor tricks?  

Implied power is strong within the Q, not so much many big schemes outside so easily not being effected by whatever happens to the time line and so easily manipulate it.

"
Bare with me. You know I'm a Star Wars fan. Debating in favor of a Star Trek character is hard for me.

I haven't seen much, but from what I have seen:

- Threatened to prevent humans from evolving (in this same moment, I think he also created a rift in space to carry this out)
- Created an alternate reality without effort.
-  Matter / reality / time manipulation on a whim.

I don't know all that much about Q, honestly. But I've come to see him as near-omnipotent or a bit below that (not omnipotent like a lot of people like to view him as).
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Hellos said:
" @JediXMan said:
"Q wins here. "

"
well, Q's implied power happens in the mainstream universe so of course he is much more powerful than a skyfather outside it's realm. and from what can understand, the Q continuum is not a pocketed reality like odins. its "THE CONTINUUM" so the entire space-time continuum is basically Q's playground. remember in one star trek episode about a single house inside an uninhabitable planet. this guy wasn't a Q but his demonstrated killed an entire race all across the universe with just one thought. yet, he can not bring back the dead. thus eventhough he had an incredible destruction feat, he still isn't anywhere near Q's level.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hellos
 God bless I got some responses. I felt like a kid in a candy store trying to get mom's attention lol. 

@Lance Bastro said:

"well, Q's implied power happens in the mainstream universe so of course he is much more powerful than a skyfather outside it's realm. and from what can understand, the Q continuum is not a pocketed reality like odins. its "THE CONTINUUM" so the entire space-time continuum is basically Q's playground. remember in one star trek episode about a single house inside an uninhabitable planet. this guy wasn't a Q but his demonstrated killed an entire race all across the universe with just one thought. yet, he can not bring back the dead. thus eventhough he had an incredible destruction feat, he still isn't anywhere near Q's level. "

You know I never actually considered the lack of an Asgard for Odin to tap into, good point. 
Not across the universe, just the galaxy.I remember the particular alien in question, playing old man with an artificial woman of his creation. (I also want to point out if I recall correctly from Voyager the Q didn't even know Janeway was out there till they finally met up with them.) 

@JediXMan

said:

"Bare with me. You know I'm a Star Wars fan. Debating in favor of a Star Trek character is hard for me.   
I haven't seen much, but from what I have seen:  - Threatened to prevent humans from evolving (in this same moment, I think he also created a rift in space to carry this out)- Created an alternate reality without effort.-   
Matter / reality / time manipulation on a whim. I don't know all that much about Q, honestly. But I've come to see him as near-omnipotent or a bit below that (not omnipotent like a lot of people like to view him as). "

Believe me I'm just happy to get some responses to my comments. :P 

Preventing humanity from evolving would be a fairly easy trick, they are complete masters of manipulating time they could simply chuck the Earth into the sun.  
If your talking about holding Humanity on trial and preventing them from space travel past a certain point(The first episodes in the TNG series) that might be a tad bit different.

Q are very big on easily manipulating the time stream with seemingly absolutely no consequences. That's a feat on it's own essentially making time their play thing. 
Not entirely sure if Picards various trips through time in various alternate futures, presents and pasts were creations of Q though, Star Trek runs under it's own multiverse.  

Although another solid feat for the Q is essentially being completely unaffected during the events that led to the whole Anti-Time fiasco and gave Picard the ability to prevent it entirely and save essentially the Milky Way's life.
TonyMack510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TonyMack510

Q God Stomps any Odin

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Logic Mark III

LOVE Odin, but bredrin is done, get me star? BRAAP BRAAAAP!!
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Bastro said:
" i kinda agree with cell. its powers are onmipotent but the Q is still learning so it's not completely omniscience. so i think what he's saying is that there can be 1 omnipotent entity, but one with multiple personalities that divided itself on different on different thought processes and opinions. having so many opinions can manifest itself as a whole race. and though it seems like a bunch of Q are going around the universe "watching", there are actually one Q just being omnipresent and pondering its on thoughts.    so Q could be omnipotent and omnipresent, but the only reason why its not omniscience is because it wills itself not to be.   and odin can not do this.  "
You people are pulling this out of your asses. There is absolutely no evidence to support such a view.

Also, still learning? So that, "There is nothing left for us to do" speech, didn't include mastering your damn powers?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Hellos said:
"Not entirely sure if Picards various trips through time in various alternate futures, presents and pasts were creations of Q though, Star Trek runs under it's own multiverse. "
I'm pretty sure he outright created an alternate universe (or alternate dimension, perhaps). He created a Robin Hood world.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lance Bastro
@AtPhantom said:
" @Lance Bastro said:
" i kinda agree with cell. its powers are onmipotent but the Q is still learning so it's not completely omniscience. so i think what he's saying is that there can be 1 omnipotent entity, but one with multiple personalities that divided itself on different on different thought processes and opinions. having so many opinions can manifest itself as a whole race. and though it seems like a bunch of Q are going around the universe "watching", there are actually one Q just being omnipresent and pondering its on thoughts.    so Q could be omnipotent and omnipresent, but the only reason why its not omniscience is because it wills itself not to be.   and odin can not do this.  "
You people are pulling this out of your asses. There is absolutely no evidence to support such a view.

Also, still learning? So that, "There is nothing left for us to do" speech, didn't include mastering your damn powers? "
yes there is but faintly. god and jesus and the holy spirit are one. we were made under his image so to speak, we are a collective of his conscious. for all we know, we could all be god in many form and humbleness and most ignorant part of him which he willed.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AtPhantom
@Lance Bastro: You are kidding me with this, right?
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FinalStar86
@AtPhantom: Save yourself a headache and ignore him, it's his way of trolling.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:

" @Hellos said:

"Not entirely sure if Picards various trips through time in various alternate futures, presents and pasts were creations of Q though, Star Trek runs under it's own multiverse. "
I'm pretty sure he outright created an alternate universe (or alternate dimension, perhaps). He created a Robin Hood world. "
He actually created a time/space paradox, where Picard mind could be in diferent time places and diferent times and think the same on the future, past an present.
Q ,can control the universe, time and the space.
For all i know, he did it, when Picard was dead, the Robin Hood episode and the last episode of The Next Generation, Voyager was a horribly bad storyline, they only used Q  becuase he was more popular that the Voyager show.
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Picard

Q supposed to be omnipotent,  so any topic like this is pretty ridiculous. :)  

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @Hellos said:
I'm pretty sure he outright created an alternate universe (or alternate dimension, perhaps). He created a Robin Hood world. "

I don't know it might help if you narrow down the particular instance, does it involve chucking Picard through time or something along those lines?
Oh that? Yeah that would count under his reality warping belt, since everyone there was fictional outside the crew and whats her name.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Hellos said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Hellos said:
 I don't know it might help if you narrow down the particular instance, does it involve chucking Picard through time or something along those lines?Oh that? Yeah that would count under his reality warping belt, since everyone there was fictional outside the crew and whats her name. "
Are you talking about Vash

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hellos
@Cypher's Gambit said:
"Are you talking about Vash

"

That would be her.
Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Hellos said:
" @Cypher's Gambit said:
"Are you talking about Vash

"
That would be her. "
Haha... It was just a feeling while reading that part of your comment. I CAN'T BELIEVE I REMEMBERED HER NAME though 0_0 (I think she was only in 2 episodes)
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hellos
@Cypher's Gambit said:
"Haha... It was just a feeling while reading that part of your comment. I CAN'T BELIEVE I REMEMBERED HER NAME though 0_0 (I think she was only in 2 episodes) "

It might have been two in Next Gen(I think Picard ran into her on Vacation), only once on DS9 with Q.  
I am very suprised anyone remembered her name. :P
Juliusz2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. the q arent even nigh-omnipotent and they have never created universes

2. as far as i dont like to admit that q wins this one the q are on the level of celestials , one celestial <odin

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the exploding-pen could give Odin a run for his money.

No Caption Provided