#1 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Nekron comes to Asgard to steel the dead from Valhalla and has to go through Odin standing at the gates of the bifrost bridge with Gungnir in hand to get there.  Odin has had a replenishing Odinsleep and is at full power.  Can Nekron defeat or get through Odin at least to get what he wants? 

vs 

#2 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
probably nekron,
#3 Edited by BlackestShite (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin might hold him off if he's on his home turf and given any equipment

@The Dude.

said:

"
  Can Nekron defeat or get through Odin at least to get what he wants?

"

Maybe not 

The thing about Nekron is he is damn powerful, but I can't take it serious the way he is wrote. Sometimes Johns is just a terrible, terrible writer. Ok I admit he can be better than Bendis or Loeb but that ain't saying much
  Geoff Johns does funny stuff like this, he grabs an old character hypes them up to be the most powerful thing in the planet, most powerful in the multi verse. Then a couple of months later, this very same character maybe gets owned by Captain Atom, Kilowag or Lex Luthor with some multi colored rainbow designed Lantern Ring. 

Nekron might beat a guy like Spectre but not the way Johns writes it, that  was garbage  

I go with Odin because he's one his home turf, he's wrote consistently  over the years with no reset buttons
The only Nekron I take serious is the one fro the orginal Bronze Age Green Lantern comics or the one from Dr Fate comics, I don't go with these Blackest Night Bright Day stuff because I know the house of cards won't last
The old Nekron might take Odin in a random fight but the new one is too silly to be taken serious

You can almost beat that next year Geoff Johns will have Nekron jobbing even more than the little Blue Smurfs do
#4 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically Nekron didn't defeat Spectre, as much as dismiss him and tell him that he has no soul hence Spectre has no power over him, which is silly in it'self since one does not need to have a soul for Spectre to actually be affective or use his powers, but as stated numerous times, Spectre is generally used as a plot device/character for alot of stories, and honestly feel better if he wasn't in them or circumvented for the sake of the story and the character.  Does AM have a soul? Didn't stop Spec from taking him on.  We really need to wait and see what's done with Nekron post BN to see if he maintains any level of cosmic proportional powers.  He has been around for a while, it's not like he's a new character.  Anyway, for the fight, I don't see him getting past Odin in his hometown with all his Odin power and resources.
#5 Posted by wolfmaster77 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

nekron,

#6 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#7 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

Nekron in a no contest, hes dismissed the Spectre and the Antimonitor, was cut in half by the White Lantern which did absolutely nothing. He wins this handily.

#8 Posted by superman69 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Odin
#9 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfmaster77 said:

nekron,

#10 Posted by Needlebay (1916 posts) - - Show Bio

Nekron easily. Nothing Odin can do to Nothingness.

#11 Edited by SlimJ87D (8913 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay... Nekron's average showings is not that of his blackest night appearance. He had some serious prep to perform blackest night, like a whole army behind him. and he was amped from... OH! A whole black lantern corps!

He needed to capture a very VERY weak Anti-Monitor in a battery that continuously sucked the weakened Anti-Monitors powers away. That being said, I'm not sure who wins here. Nekron might win.

#12 Posted by NeonGameWave (7205 posts) - - Show Bio

Nekron after a difficult fight.

#13 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Nekron.

#14 Posted by Bo88gdan (4374 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#15 Posted by terry2012 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: This.

#16 Posted by spiderbuck (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bo88gdan said:

Odin

#17 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin. Blackest Night Nekron had prep and the Anti-Monitor amping him.

#18 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

Take into consideration how Nekron lost. All Odin has to do is revive his host. Done. Bamo. Finished.

This isn't a particularly daunting fight, given Nekron took down a not so potent Anti Monitor via BFR and the Spectre was power less against him. Not much for power feats.

#19 Posted by BigCimmerian (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins.

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (8326 posts) - - Show Bio

@lagoon_boy said:

probably nekron,
#21 Posted by thanosii (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

still odin when nekron channels universal energies then maybe

#22 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Take into consideration how Nekron lost. All Odin has to do is revive his host. Done. Bamo. Finished.

This isn't a particularly daunting fight, given Nekron took down a not so potent Anti Monitor via BFR and the Spectre was power less against him. Not much for power feats.

Yeah this