• 83 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Odin defeat Lucifer Morningstar ?

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to guess Lucifer, but that's if we're talking of the Odin in his universe, seeing as he completely fried about half a dozen of the Norse god/giants because he was a little annoyed with them

the Odin of Marvel, I'm fairly sure he couldn't beat Lucifer, but I'm not 100% sure

Moderator
#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer absolute curbstomp.

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer absolute curbstomp."
isn't Odin an omnipotent god though?
Moderator
#6 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer absolute curbstomp."
isn't Odin an omnipotent god though?"
Since nothing is said in the OP i'm guessing It's Odin from MU, because he's more prominent.

No. Odin is the most powerful of all earthling gods and one of the most powerful beings in mu, but he is far from omnipotent. He is easily outclassed by beings such as the Celestials, Galactus and pretty much every abstract in the universe.

Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin.
#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin."
ah, but see, Lucifer isn't on the same level of the Living Tribunal, The Presence is, but Lucifer would be like the Tribunal's Herald, his plaything

yes Lucifer is powerful but he has not attained "cosmic entity" levels, his powers are tremendous but since I don't know exactly what Odin's powers are, I don't know how useful Lucifer's are in this fight
Moderator
#8 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer rapestomp
This fight wont even last more then a second

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read over 90% of the comics Lucifer appears in, and from what I've understood of Odin I have no idea how Lucifer is SOOOO much better than him, so please, if you know Odin, enlighten me

Moderator
#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Lucifer, with his role in creation, is somewhere on par with the Living Tribunal, the overseer of all realities in MU, and he is a couple of hundred steps above Odin."
ah, but see, Lucifer isn't on the same level of the Living Tribunal, The Presence is, but Lucifer would be like the Tribunal's Herald, his plaything

yes Lucifer is powerful but he has not attained "cosmic entity" levels, his powers are tremendous but since I don't know exactly what Odin's powers are, I don't know how useful Lucifer's are in this fight"
Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember).
#11 Edited by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence = TOAA
Michael Demguros/Lucifer Morningstar = Living Tribunal





Odin= Highfather Izuya

#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember)."
thank you for that response, it was quite helpful actually

I still disagree with the first comparison, seeing as LT can basically do anything...even trump the Infinity Gauntlet which Lucifer could not

but the second comparison will suit me fine, if he's not equal to The Spectre than I know he can't touch Lucifer

btw, Death isn't afraid of Lucifer, (nor maybe Dream for that matter), but they both realize that they have no power over him
Moderator
#13 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
nvm, I take that back, Dream IS scared of Lucifer, it says it word for word in Sandman #23 :P
Moderator
#14 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Living tribunal is not omnipotent, he is the servant of The One Above All, and TOAA is the omnipotent entity equated with The Presence.

Therefore, Lucifer, the second being to The Presence, would be equal to LT, second to TOAA.

If you would like a different comparison, Odin is nowhere near the level of a fully powered, unbound Spectre. The Spectre himself is probably not as  powerful as any of the endless, and we know that Dream himself is quite frightened of Lucifer (though Death and Destiny aren't as far as I remember)."
thank you for that response, it was quite helpful actually

I still disagree with the first comparison, seeing as LT can basically do anything...even trump the Infinity Gauntlet which Lucifer could not

but the second comparison will suit me fine, if he's not equal to The Spectre than I know he can't touch Lucifer

btw, Death isn't afraid of Lucifer, (nor maybe Dream for that matter), but they both realize that they have no power over him"
Glad to help.

As for the infinity gauntlet, that's a debate in itself, but the way I see it: Infinity Gauntlet basically fives you the power to infinitely shape reality at will. Now I'm not sure about Lucifer's complete role in creation, but from I can gather, After Michael created the universe, Lucifer shaped it to fit their needs (or for whatever reason) which pretty much coincides with the power of the gauntlet.
If so, Lucifer is a being of a higher order and infinite will, and could easily trump it.
#15 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I remember this thread...
#16 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

LM ftw..

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely
#18 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")
#19 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win...
#20 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer
#21 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win
#22 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win"
OHH you see i need to learn this because until a few weeks ago i never new what lmfao meant and then my sister told me
you see i thought when you said that to me it was an insult ...............................................................no wait a minute !
#23 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio

LM CURBSTOMP

#24 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"ecsnclr said:
"King Saturn said:
"Ball Buster said:
"LM ftw.."
More Than Likely"
(wispers "What does that mean ?")"
Lucifer will probably win..."
No ftw what does that mean i know LM is Lucifer"
ftw means For The Win"
OHH you see i need to learn this because until a few weeks ago i never new what lmfao meant and then my sister told me
you see i thought when you said that to me it was an insult ...............................................................no wait a minute !"
LOL...

#25 Edited by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken

#26 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up
#27 Posted by ecsnclr (4147 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !
#28 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them
#29 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen.
#30 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me?
#31 Edited by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me?"
Pee Wee Hermen." Thats where that qoute comes from.The movie.
#32 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Pee Wee Herman ?

lol
#33 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer

#34 Posted by PineSavior (76 posts) - - Show Bio

things gettin a little hot in here....

#35 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
PineSavior said:
"things gettin a little hot in here...."
Naw... it aint too bad

lol
#36 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Number one, Odin would beat Galactus. 
 
Odin beat the tar outta Thanos (who almost destroyed the universe) easily.  Thanos was on an even playing field with Galactus. 
 
And number two, no Odin is NOT EVEN CLOSE to Lucifer 
 
Odin is skyfather level, but he is far from being in the same level as living tribunal and spectre......... 
 
And Lucifer was stated to be second ONLY to the one above all..........................
#37 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio
@chunjacktao said:
" Number one, Odin would beat Galactus.  Odin beat the tar outta Thanos (who almost destroyed the universe) easily.  Thanos was on an even playing field with Galactus.  And number two, no Odin is NOT EVEN CLOSE to Lucifer  Odin is skyfather level, but he is far from being in the same level as living tribunal and spectre.........  And Lucifer was stated to be second ONLY to the one above all.......................... "
no he wont he has no chance of beating Galactus, thanos almost destroyed the universe because of the power of the IG (infinity gauntlet) and no living tribunal is the second most powerful being in the marvel universe, and the spectre is no where near the power of odin
#38 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer was STATED to be only SURPASSED by God...... 
 
So, I do admit Living Tribunal may be on the same playing field as Lucifer, but nevertheless...... Odin can't beat Lucifer 
 
And as for Thanos, he was going toe to toe with that other guy ( i forgot name ) who was supposed to be Galactus lvl, that's why I assume Odin can beat Galactus......... 
 
Anyways I might be wrong about Galactus 
 
But on wikapedia and a bunch of other sites, they said Lucifer was ONLY SURPASSED by God.
#39 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio
@chunjacktao said:
" Lucifer was STATED to be only SURPASSED by God......  So, I do admit Living Tribunal may be on the same playing field as Lucifer, but nevertheless...... Odin can't beat Lucifer  And as for Thanos, he was going toe to toe with that other guy ( i forgot name ) who was supposed to be Galactus lvl, that's why I assume Odin can beat Galactus.........  Anyways I might be wrong about Galactus  But on wikapedia and a bunch of other sites, they said Lucifer was ONLY SURPASSED by God. "
i don't really trust wiki
#40 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...... 
 
Then do you trust the comics?
#41 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

ODIN

#42 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
#43 Posted by Lunacyde (19120 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer....Odin is like a flea to him.

Online
#44 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer wins.  As much as I love the asgardians, Lucifer is stated to have omnipotent and infinite power..........
#45 Posted by Ronyc (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Ppl who said Odin should be banned
#46 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
"
#47 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

"Lucifer blinks, Odin dies" (to quote Oh Tru)
#48 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" Lucifer absolute curbstomp. "
pretty much sums it up
 
@HalJordan1986x said:
" Ball Buster said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Saturn you SOB ! come face me like a man or are you chicken"
shut up"
Make me !"
I dont make monkeys, I train them"
Pee Wee Hermen."
what did you just call me? "

lol
#49 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer would murder Odin
#50 Posted by gobstakid777 (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@spekqj said:
" Lucifer would murder Odin "
very true