first post!!now on to the battle.Odin against the overthrown guardian.who wins

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin

#3 Posted by puerto rican beacon (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Odin"

? and then......

#4 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

If the battle is in Asgard, then Odin, as he can draw upon other life forces and other magic sources here (where he is strongest).

If it's elsewhere in the universe, then Ganthet.

#5 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin, easily against someone like ganthet, cause he's not in odin's league!

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"If the battle is in Asgard, then Odin, as he can draw upon other life forces and other magic sources here (where he is strongest).If it's elsewhere in the universe, then Ganthet."

true...

Ganthet is pretty much unstoppable in the normal universe, Odin would have to take him 'outside' of the universe for him to have a chance.

M

#7 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Odin, easily against someone like ganthet, cause he's not in odin's league!"

A guardian, who dwarfs a Green Lantern in power, is immortal, can manipulate matter and energy on a microscopic level - to a level that is at least continent wide in scope. Acting in unison, around a dozen (or is it 10) of them power all the GL rings. How many GL's is that - like several thousand. So he is individually around the same power level as a few hundred GL's.

#8 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"lordraiden says:
A guardian, who dwarfs a Green Lantern in power, is immortal, can manipulate matter and energy on a microscopic level - to a level that is at least continent wide in scope. Acting in unison, around a dozen (or is it 10) of them power all the GL rings. How many GL's is that - like several thousand. So he is individually around the same power level as a few hundred GL's. "

I just realized that it's ganthet, after reading methos's post over in the 'who could take out superman prime post' and realised the situation! it would be an awsome battle, but i still think odin would take it in the end!

#9 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"The_Creator says:
"lordraiden says:
A guardian, who dwarfs a Green Lantern in power, is immortal, can manipulate matter and energy on a microscopic level - to a level that is at least continent wide in scope. Acting in unison, around a dozen (or is it 10) of them power all the GL rings. How many GL's is that - like several thousand. So he is individually around the same power level as a few hundred GL's. "
I just realized that it's ganthet, after reading methos's post over in the 'who could take out superman prime post' and realised the situation! it would be an awsome battle, but i still think odin would take it in the end!"

Can Odin effect plant wide devastation - No, he does not have the scope of power for that. Thats why he will always play second fiddle to the Celestials.

Ganthet on the other hand appears to have this level of power.

I had forgotten about Ganthet being the only original guardian, so this only seals the deal for me.

#10 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"lordraiden says:
"The_Creator says:
"lordraiden says:
I just realized that it's ganthet, after reading methos's post over in the 'who could take out superman prime post' and realised the situation! it would be an awsome battle, but i still think odin would take it in the end!"
Can Odin effect plant wide devastation - No, he does not have the scope of power for that. Thats why he will always play second fiddle to the Celestials. Ganthet on the other hand appears to have this level of power. I had forgotten about Ganthet being the only original guardian, so this only seals the deal for me. "

I'm really assuming you mean planet wide, not plant wide! and the answer is yes! he can do alot more than just planet wide, he's a reality warper! he can take out galaxies!!

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"I'm really assuming you mean planet wide, not plant wide! and the answer is yes! he can do alot more than just planet wide, he's a reality warper! he can take out galaxies!!"

and this is Ganthet who isn't limited to time, dimensions or planes of existence...

M

#12 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lordraiden says:
"I'm really assuming you mean planet wide, not plant wide! and the answer is yes! he can do alot more than just planet wide, he's a reality warper! he can take out galaxies!!"
and this is Ganthet who isn't limited to time, dimensions or planes of existence... M "

and neither is odin! he's fought before on multiple dimensions!

Powers and abilities

Odin possesses all the conventional attributes of an Asgardian god, such as immunity to all known diseases and greatly extended lifespan, including superhuman strength that, despite his advanced age, is much greater than that of most other Asgardians, as well superhuman stamina that allows him to physically exert himself for much longer periods of time than a human being. Odin's body is also highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding great forces and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. If injured, Odin is able to recover with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency.

Odin is capable of manipulating magical energy - referred to as the Odin Power - for a number of purposes, such as vastly increasing his size to over a 1000 feet, endowing people or objects with powers, transporting the entire human race to an alternate dimension, compressing the population of an entire planet into a single being, the Mangog; taking a soul away from the arch-demon Mephisto; and, by greatly increasing his size and power, EVEN DESTROYING ENTIRE GALAXIES!. Odin is not, however, all-powerful. Once a year, he needs to undertake the Odinsleep - a state of deep sleep lasting for a day in which the OdinPower is recharged. During this time Odin is guarded closely as he is vulnerable.

In combat, Odin was capable of defeating an alliance that consisted of the Silver Surfer, Drax the Destroyer, and Thanos. In such battle-situations, Odin often carries the magical spear Gungnir ("The Spear of Heaven"), an artifact made of the metal uru, that he uses to channel his personal energies, in addition to having the ability to returnin to its owner only when called.

Odin is a master tactician and schemer. In addition to feats such as preventing Ragnarok, it has been revealed that Odin was planning for the arrival of the Celestial Fourth Host for centuries.

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

my money is on Ganthet for this...

Ganthet was a member of the Quintessence, he's equal to Lord Shazam, Zeus, Highfather...

Odin is powerful, but i have never seem him do anything on Ganthets level

M

#14 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

So with that said, how would ganthet fair against taking on Thanos & Silver Surfer with drax on top of that? and thats a low end feat for odin!

#15 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"my money is on Ganthet for this... Ganthet was a member of the Quintessence, he's equal to Lord Shazam, Zeus, Highfather... Odin is powerful, but i have never seem him do anything on Ganthets level M"

Which is?

#16 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

odin can kick that lil boy a$$

#17 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, where did the whole quote come from ?

If it's from Wikpedia then it's not worth the cyberspace paper it's written on.

lordraiden says:

"Odin's body is also highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding great forces and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury."

Odins durability has been quoted as around the same level of Thor.

So this would be significantly lower than Ganthet, as it takes beings of Superman Prime or the Anti Monitor power level to even damage Guardians.

"If injured, Odin is able to recover with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency."

I have seen Odin hurt and not recover quickly before, so unless this is a magical effect, I would think that he would heal at the same rate as Thor and other Asgardians.

"Odin is capable of manipulating magical energy - referred to as the Odin Power - for a number of purposes, such as vastly increasing his size to over a 1000 feet"

Which he did when fighting Surtur.

"endowing people or objects with powers, transporting the entire human race to an alternate dimension, compressing the population of an entire planet into a single being, the Mangog; taking a soul away from the arch-demon Mephisto;"

Pretty much agree with most of these.

"and, by greatly increasing his size and power, EVEN DESTROYING ENTIRE GALAXIES!. Odin is not, however, all-powerful."

Definately don't agree with this one.

The entire Asgardian race has been been shown to be less powerful than 1 celestial (as was shown in the Thor comic when the Celestials threatened to close off Asgard from Earth and when Odin and all the asgardian life forces powered the Destroyer armour and lost to the Celestials - all part of the Celestial Fourth Host story).

Odin is no where near the power level of Galactus (even when Galatus is not at full power) and neither a Celestial or Galactus can destroy a whole Galaxy.

How does increasing his size increase his power (other than physical strength)?

"In combat, Odin was capable of defeating an alliance that consisted of the Silver Surfer, Drax the Destroyer, and Thanos."

Yep. It was in Asgard. And Drax was taken out before the other 2 double teamed Odin.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Which is?"

Ganthet's strength level is Quintessence and above...

in DC terms think Specter power level... dunno how to equate that to Marvel terms...

M

#19 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"lordraiden says:
"Which is?"
Ganthet's strength level is Quintessence and above... in DC terms think Specter power level... dunno how to equate that to Marvel terms... M "

Well fed Galactus level.

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Well fed Galactus level."

i'll take your word for it lol

i've worked out Ion's power levels compared to Marvel characters, but not sure about a lot of them still

M

#21 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Well fed Galactus level."
i'll take your word for it lol i've worked out Ion's power levels compared to Marvel characters, but not sure about a lot of them still M "

Spectre, near the height of his power (Crisis on Ifinite earths) was capable of effecting planetary sized bodies. Galactus has the power of a contained sun.

Ergo, a partially dimished Galactus should equate to a Spectre.

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Spectre, near the height of his power (Crisis on Ifinite earths) was capable of effecting planetary sized bodies. Galactus has the power of a contained sun.Ergo, a partially dimished Galactus should equate to a Spectre."

that's vaguely logical...

but as was shown in the Specter series (Hal), he was capable of creating an entire universe within himself...

and as was shown in the JLA series "Timegap" where The Specter was captured by something and a planet was allowed to evolve around him, if damaged his body emits more energy than a supernova...

M

#23 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Spectre, near the height of his power (Crisis on Ifinite earths) was capable of effecting planetary sized bodies. Galactus has the power of a contained sun. Ergo, a partially dimished Galactus should equate to a Spectre."
that's vaguely logical... but as was shown in the Specter series (Hal), he was capable of creating an entire universe within himself... and as was shown in the JLA series "Timegap" where The Specter was captured by something and a planet was allowed to evolve around him, if damaged his body emits more energy than a supernova... M "

Good points.

Then perhaps a fully charged Galactus (aka a Sun) should be likened to the Spectre.

Was the universe creation even a full universe, or was it in reality only a planet (like Franklin Richards pulled off in the Onslaught saga) ?

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Good points. Then perhaps a fully charged Galactus (aka a Sun) should be likened to the Spectre. Was the universe creation even a full universe, or was it in reality only a planet (like Franklin Richards pulled off in the Onslaught saga)?"

no, it definitely had more than one planet lol

it was shown to have several stars with planets orbiting them with more shown in the distance

M

#25 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Good points. Then perhaps a fully charged Galactus (aka a Sun) should be likened to the Spectre. Was the universe creation even a full universe, or was it in reality only a planet (like Franklin Richards pulled off in the Onslaught saga)?"
no, it definitely had more than one planet lol it was shown to have several stars with planets orbiting them with more shown in the distance M "

But where the planets / other solar systems visited i.e. not an illusion ?

#26 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"But where the planets / other solar systems visited i.e. not an illusion?"

flown past...

M

#27 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"The_Creator says:
"But where the planets / other solar systems visited i.e. not an illusion?"
flown past... M "

I might need to do more homework on this one and read up on the Spectre series.

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, it was a weird series...

basically inside the Specter... he can appear inside himself and have conversations with other people inside himself, while he's there...

it gets confusing...

M

#29 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is equal to the Living Tribunal in power. They occupy basically the same position, both powerwise and in job description. Direct servant to the Prescence and only answerable to them. The quintessence, DC's version of the Godhead Concil, are only slightly below them. Similiar to the Galactus/Odin debate is how this should go. Ganthet is shown to be more powerful than your average gaurdian, wich are mid to high level skyfather. About the same power of Zeus, whose arguably right below Odin. So Ganthet and Odin should be about equal in power. The difference is Odin is stronger while in his home dimension of Asgard, Ganthet doesn't have that liability. So it tips slightly in his favor in the normal universe. Though Odin has better showings... yet I'm more familiar with Ganthet, so he's the horse i'm backing.

#30 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
i would back up ganthet here, same as the creator, if odin is in asgard than he wins
#31 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

A guardian, who dwarfs a Green Lantern in power, is immortal, can manipulate matter and energy on a microscopic level - to a level that is at least continent wide in scope. Acting in unison, around a dozen (or is it 10) of them power all the GL rings. How many GL's is that - like several thousand. So he is individually around the same power level as a few hundred GL's.

"
So Gaurdians are immortal now even though one killed himself trying to kill SBP. And even Krona himself has killed guardians. WTH are you saying

@the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"Odin's body is also highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding great forces and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury."

So this would be significantly lower than Ganthet, as it takes beings of Superman Prime or the Anti Monitor power level to even damage Guardians.

"

Odins durability is the same as Thor's, Ok creator LOL. I don't see how people listen to you.

Odin can probably solo all the guardians by himself they have no feats.

#32 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"

If the battle is in Asgard, then Odin, as he can draw upon other life forces and other magic sources here (where he is strongest).

If it's elsewhere in the universe, then Ganthet.

"

That about sums it up.
#33 Posted by Larfleeze (726 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"If the battle is in Asgard, then Odin, as he can draw upon other life forces and other magic sources here (where he is strongest).

If it's elsewhere in the universe, then Ganthet."

I can agree with this
#34 Posted by Mr. Exfed (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
@SeSAW said:
" @the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"
So Gaurdians are immortal now even though one killed himself trying to kill SBP. And even Krona himself has killed guardians. WTH are you saying

@the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"
Odins durability is the same as Thor's, Ok creator LOL. I don't see how people listen to you.Odin can probably solo all the guardians by himself they have no feats. "
See kids..this is why we don't do drugs
#35 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin owns

Ganthet doesn't have many impressive feats

#36 Posted by Fresh Prince (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

In Asgard or not, I give it to Odin. Tough fight though.

#37 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
ganthet outside asgard
#38 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

odin if ganthet is a guardian of hope 

#39 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why people are doubting Odin's ability to affect things on a global scale. Thats probably quite low on the scale of his range. He teleported the entire population of earth to another dimension and erased their memories of the event with a wave of his hand. His fights with Surtur have been felt on 9 different planes of existance. When he fought the Living Talisman fellow they created mini suns and destroyed planets with the backwash of the energies they were unleashing. When Hela made Infinity [evil Odin using a fraction of Odin's life force] It was snuffing out planets with ease and if i remember correctly, threatening the very fabric of space.  

Odin should be on a level with Galactus [I believe Celestials to be above BOTH. WAY above both, Galactus knew fear when the Dreaming Celestial was awakened] since Thor managed to use his life force channeled through Mjolnir to harm Galactus before and Beta Ray has managed to crack Galactus armour.  

I agree Odin is stronger in Asgard BUT i have never seen any appreciable diminishing of power when outside of Asgard [that isn't related to previous events having expended energy or being near a time when he needs the Odin sleep]. Furthermore whilst he never mastered them to the degree Thor had, he does have the Rune Magiks.
#40 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin takes this, in feats alone!
#41 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
odin due to feats ganthet severely lacks in that department and in a forum battle assumption of power doesnt get you a win....
#42 Posted by DEGRAAF (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"

they dont power the rings. Also they might be powerful but superboy-prime killed one and he survived the blast from the death. i dont think they are as powerful as they were originally portrayed
#43 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the original guardians werent even that powerful either very low showings from what i recall.... they used high tech equipment in their clothing... when they died they gave all their power to ganthet making him extremely powerful but even then he didnt show any display of power, he then recreated the guardian an act that should have lowered back down his power lvl with the whole energy conservation theory the creator can tell you more...
#44 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done before
Ganthet wins blindfolded and in his sleep

#45 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Also as long as we are using low showings
Odin failed to put down that purple fatass Thanos even though he was amped at the time
Odin also had to sacrifice himself to beat Surtur

Guardians punked out Darkseid, Spectre and even the Anti Monitor

Odin doesnt have a prayer in this fight

#46 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Ganthet gets owned, the little blue midget is all talk and no action

Odin takes this

#47 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio

ganthet.....

#48 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Queen AgaPo would curbstomp the asgardans

#49 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Show some scans, thats the only real way we can determine who is the more powerful here.
#50 Edited by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Logic Mark III said:

" Show some scans, thats the only real way we can determine who is the more powerful here. "

Better yet..how about reading a GL comic....=/
I know it breaks your heart when a Marvel character loses but please..have a little dignity