• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see: God vs Cosmic Entity. That would be Cosmic Entity for the win. Galactus.

#3 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus owns.

#4 Posted by Stryfe (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor beat Galactus once didn’t he? So the same could be said about Oden who would be more powerful than Thor.

#5 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Stryfe says:

"Thor beat Galactus once didn’t he? So the same could be said about Oden who would be more powerful than Thor. "

Bad writing. Thor was beat by Surfer a couple times I don't remember the comic name though. I read it was marvel.com. And Galactus beams Asgard with the most powerfull attack he has.

#6 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there no chance for Odin? Don't underestimate the all-father..

#7 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Overkill says:

"Is there no chance for Odin? Don't underestimate the all-father.."

Not really. Current Thor would put one hell of a fight with Galactus (Who is stronger then Odin), but he'll lose, depending on the level of power Galactus has.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224025 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins this fight

#9 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Stryfe says:
"Thor beat Galactus once didn’t he? So the same could be said about Oden who would be more powerful than Thor. "
Bad writing. Thor was beat by Surfer a couple times I don't remember the comic name though. I read it was marvel.com. And Galactus beams Asgard with the most powerfull attack he has."

Hah! Quite the opposite, Thor has owned SS in most, if not all their battles!

#10 Posted by Vrakmul (23407 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus sneezes in odins face and odin dies.

#11 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Galactus sneezes in odins face and odin dies."

Only to come back like he does after each ragnarok and pay hom back lol

#12 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

A recently Galactus's power is much greater in scope than Odins.

The only issue here is that Galactus does not manipulate mystic energy and Odin's power is described as such by Thanos in the Thanos/Odin confrontation shown in the older Thor comic.

This may present a momentatry issue for Galactus but that is all.

#13 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus ..

#14 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Legendary Bio Vishanti says:
"Stryfe says:
Bad writing. Thor was beat by Surfer a couple times I don't remember the comic name though. I read it was marvel.com. And Galactus beams Asgard with the most powerfull attack he has."

Hah! Quite the opposite, Thor has owned SS in most, if not all their battles!"

Have any examples?

#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you revive this thread just to state something that is obvious.

#16 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Legendary Bio Vishanti said:
"

Stryfe says:

Bad writing. Thor was beat by Surfer a couple times I don't remember the comic name though. I read it was marvel.com. And Galactus beams Asgard with the most powerfull attack he has.

"

Yeah joking, wright??? Thor has owned SS in most, if not, actuallly all their battles, I don't think SS has EVER actually won a battle with Thor, he even once commented that Mjlolnir surpassed his cosmic power!
#17 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

god of earth or god of cosmos? you decide

#18 Posted by Mind_Games (888 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya but this is Odin not Thor.
I'll go with Galactus for now till there is more evidence.

#19 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus

#20 Posted by Fresh Prince (5100 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Galactus"
#21 Posted by The Accuser (35 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus.

#22 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i think odin can last a full 5mins with the cosmic might of galactus now if he had the destroyer armor add another five to that he could give a few power blast strong enough to knock of his helmet or cut his armor before galactus kills him and even then he would take a hand full of blast before he goes down.

#23 Posted by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio
Zenma said:
"god of earth or god of cosmos? you decide"

??? who's god of earth???
#24 Posted by Ownerz (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin can win if Galactus is hungry or weak

Did you see how Thanos knocked Galactus down, Odin can maybe do even worse to the big Galactus

#25 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ownerz said:
" Odin can win if Galactus is hungry or weak  Did you see how Thanos knocked Galactus down, Odin can maybe do even worse to the big Galactus "
Thanos was begging for his mercy two panels later. The fight lasted five times less than with Odin.
#26 Posted by The Last Son Of Krypton (791 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, I was asked this same question from a friend of mine today. I thought about making this thread, but until I saw how many had been made I decided to just post here.

Now, I don't think that without the Odin Force, Odin can win. Tapping into and using the power of the Odin Force could make this a good fight, but I am unsure if it will give him a victory. Does the state of Galactus matter? Whether he is fed or he is starving, does his state matter in this fight? Will he lose if he is starving? To be honest, I thought that Galactus will win no matter what state he is, due to just how powerful he is, but the fact that Odin can tap into the Odin Force kind of gets me thinking. I would like for someone to explain to me and give me some clarification on this. If Odin taps into the Odin Force, can he defeat Galactus no matter what state he is in? I would like to know. Thanks.

#27 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Last Son Of Krypton: Odin is a very very powerful character, but Galactus is on a whole different level. Galactus will win this unless he is deprived to near starvation. odin does have a slight chance due to the odin force, but only if galactus is rather weak. Galactus at his full power is capable of wiping entire galaxys away. galactus at near starvation was almost killed by Beta Ray Bill. so the state of Galactus's hunger changes everything.
#28 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus should win here. 
=]
#29 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus.

#30 Posted by The Last Son Of Krypton (791 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire-brand said:
" @The Last Son Of Krypton: Odin is a very very powerful character, but Galactus is on a whole different level. Galactus will win this unless he is deprived to near starvation. odin does have a slight chance due to the odin force, but only if galactus is rather weak. Galactus at his full power is capable of wiping entire galaxys away. galactus at near starvation was almost killed by Beta Ray Bill. so the state of Galactus's hunger changes everything. "
When was this? I remember in "Stormbreaker" that Galactus squashed Beta Ray Bill like a bug.
#31 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Last Son Of Krypton: in Godhunter. Galactus got so weak BRB was almost able to kill him, but instead had a change of heart and saved Galactus's life. in thanks, galactus made a female korbinite to let BRB rebuild his people.
#32 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

As powerful as Odin is, Galactus is on another level.

#33 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490: unless galactus is almost starved to death.
#34 Posted by The Average Bear (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire-brand said:
" @courtney12490: unless galactus is almost starved to death. "
That is irrelevant to this battle, whether it is truth or not.
#35 Posted by Fire-brand (2308 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Average Bear: it's completely relevant. the only chance odin has is if galactus is significantly weakened. i could see odin doing the same thing BRB did in going around destroying planets to starve galactus, but that isn't exactly a battle.
#36 Posted by The Average Bear (2072 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fire-brand said:
" @The Average Bear: it's completely relevant. the only chance odin has is if galactus is significantly weakened. i could see odin doing the same thing BRB did in going around destroying planets to starve galactus, but that isn't exactly a battle. "
The OP didn't state Galactus is starving, and it is typically rule of thumb to do so if such is the case. And Odin doing what BRB did would be pretty out of character. 
#37 Posted by allhaildoom (182 posts) - - Show Bio

odin could have a chance if he had destroyer armor, but since there is no details on the fight.  Galactus would win in a strait fight though. 

#38 Posted by jonjonzz (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a problem when it comes to rating the power of the gods. What makes a god a god? Invulnerability? Imperviousness to pain? Incredible power? If Thor has beaten countless powerful beings of god-like power, what can his more powerful father do? Odin has never been destroyed or killed, though he has been through eons of battles. I cannot see Galactus destroying him. Asgard is not a planet like earth. The gods are not human, nor do they have human limitations. Norse gods are what, like, thousands of years old? Why aren't they dead? Why can't they be killed? I believe that many script writers have incorrectly written about the power of the gods.
#39 Posted by jonjonzz (5 posts) - - Show Bio

What doesn't make sense, is, I've seen the Fantastic Four beat Galactus, although it was the worst fight of their lives. The Silver Surfer gave the FF a serious fight as well. That means SS isn't far from Galactus in power. Thor has beaten SS numerous times, so he should be able to give Galactus a good fight as well. Odin, who is more powerful than Thor, should be able to beat Galactus, if the world devourer should try to take Asgard.

#40 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@jonjonzz:
thor cant defeat current surfer only a pre upgraded version, current surfer has shown to easily take out people on thors power level like a thor counterpart who was just as powerful or BRB, nobody seems to care to make a debate about this as we know galactus would destroy odin
#41 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Galan one shot Odin.

#42 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus kills odin.

#43 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins, he's a god!
#44 Edited by Grimnir (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Living Tribunal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eternity>>>>>>>>>>Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Asgardians and Olympians>>>>>>Humans

There is more chance of me beating Odin than there is of Odin beating Galactus

If Galactus is hungry he eats Odin for a starter, Asgard for his main course and then Earth for dessert nom nom nom

#45 Posted by MrDirector786 (43511 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus solos all of Asgard.

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (37684 posts) - - Show Bio

Big G
#47 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

"Galactus solos all of Asgard. "

He could probably actually solo the pantheons themselves based off Chaos War. 

Galactus is shocked Zeus is standing after blasting him.  
Pretty much helps establish Doom punkin out Odin without a problem while having Galactus's power.
#48 Posted by Reptilicus (682 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke: Could Zeus actually beat Galactus? And would win in a fight between Odin and Zeus? Just wondering.
#49 Posted by supermandefender (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus owns Odin.
#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Reptilicus said:
" @isaac_clarke: Could Zeus actually beat Galactus? And would win in a fight between Odin and Zeus? Just wondering. "
1.Odin = Zeus
 2.In scan above, it is Mikaboshi. That is why Galactus didn't take him and that is why he was suprised that "Zeus" survived.