Odin Vs. Galactus

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Octagon Freak

Someone said something about this to me, and I became confused as to the victor. I'd like to think Galactus, but what do you guys think?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah galactus odin with the destory and all the asborbed energy from everybody in asgard except thor couldnt beat a celestial which isnt a strong as galactus so yeah galactus wins.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Octagon Freak

Well tanks for clearing that up.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zee crusher

Sure no problem.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Gottheit

I'd say Odin simply because ManoWar has written songs about Odin, as well as Thor. They haven't written anything about the World Devourer, at least not to my knowledge...

Odin from comics? Lose.

Odin from mythology? I'd like to think he'd win, but even if he wouldn't, Galactus would be seriously weakened from the battle. Think about it. The number one enemy to the Norse Pantheon are the giants. They are completely experienced and comfortable in fighting huge creatures, and that's ultimately what Galactus is. A huge dude. And then there's the aspect of Odin knowing that they will not fall until Ragnorok. Yeah...It depends on which Odin, I think.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gottheit says:

"I'd say Odin simply because ManoWar has written songs about Odin, as well as Thor. They haven't written anything about the World Devourer, at least not to my knowledge... Odin from comics? Lose. Odin from mythology? I'd like to think he'd win, but even if he wouldn't, Galactus would be seriously weakened from the battle. Think about it. The number one enemy to the Norse Pantheon are the giants. They are completely experienced and comfortable in fighting huge creatures, and that's ultimately what Galactus is. A huge dude. And then there's the aspect of Odin knowing that they will not fall until Ragnorok. Yeah...It depends on which Odin, I think."

Well what if Galactus shrank down to Odin's size? Would he be helpless?

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gottheit

Can Galactus shrink? And even if he could, no. Odin from mythology I think would win no matter what, but the fight would be waay different if Galactus shrank down.

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Octagon Freak

Gottheit says:

"Can Galactus shrink? And even if he could, no. Odin from mythology I think would win no matter what, but the fight would be waay different if Galactus shrank down."

I believe he can change his size.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zee crusher

Galactus can change size his smallest size has been seen at 28'9 his tallest is abotu twice that of earths sun pretty big. either way i think galactus could probabyl win the mythology odin i mean i know what you mean abot giants but surtur the fire demon over 1000ft is suppore to kill all the gods he beat odin odin doesn thave ot much trouble with big people though even at small sizes he could knock surtur down with a blast.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gottheit

The only reason Odin and all the other gods lose there is because they have to lose there. There was never really any doubt about Ragnorok. Surtur wins because he's supposed to win. But there is no such prophecy about this battle. If, either one could walk away as far as destiny and fate was concerned, I see Odin as claiming Galactus's head here...

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the creator

Galactus had energy Manipulation powers beyond those of Odin.

Even at his most powerful, in Asgard, Odin could not beat Galactus at the height of his powers.

Being able to fight giant creatures does not effect the battle because the fight woulf not descend to a physical battle for Galactus. He would simply destroy Odin through a battle of energy manipulation/projection.

Odin, in Asgard, is a massively tough opponent but Galactus has the power of a massive star in his body.

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ownerz

Odin would beat a weak Galactus if he had time to prepare

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Ownerz said:
" Odin would beat a weak Galactus if he had time to prepare "
I don't think so. But if You think about Galan from end of Annihilation (when he almost die), than yeah, Odin probably can defeat this guy.