Odin

gets a week of prep time

Vs

Dr who

No prep time

Battle field is Earth

Who wins?

#2 Posted by _Atomikill_ (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people make threads with Dr. Who as a combatant. Because that isn't what he is. He beats people with his mind. Because he isn't a fighter.. None of his opponents were adept fighters. Odin does not need the prep time. D-Who dies. Instantly. Unless he starts in his TARDIS, but even then, he would have to spend YEARS training and getting power and then go back to that exact second. But then he could beat anyone. Odin in a stomp.

#3 Edited by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder:

@gularte2000 said:

I don't know why people make threads with Dr. Who as a combatant. Because that isn't what he is. He beats people with his mind. Because he isn't a fighter.. None of his opponents were adept fighters. Odin does not need the prep time. D-Who dies. Instantly. Unless he starts in his TARDIS, but even then, he would have to spend YEARS training and getting power and then go back to that exact second. But then he could beat anyone. Odin in a stomp.

What gularte2000 said, the Doctor wins through talking people down. In such a one sided match, yes, he'll loose the encounter. He does that all the time; it's when he has time to think and plan that he wins.

Also, his name is the Doctor :P :P

EDIT: Save the Doctor when he was taken over by the Grandfather of Faction Paradox's timeline, I cant think of a Doctor that might actually have enough stuff on hand to randomly fight.

#4 Posted by Iragexcudder (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder:

doctor who facepalm photo:  giftenfacepalm.gif

This

#6 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor should win though I think he needs alittle bit more prep time.

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (14616 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin kills the 13th doctor and has forever rid us of him

#8 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

How does this keep getting bumped?

#9 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

For God's sake. It's 'THE DOCTOR' ,NOT 'DOCTOR WHO'.

#10 Edited by i_like_swords (13288 posts) - - Show Bio

I KNOW

I reckon the Doctor would be able to talk Odin down and win via opponent retreating, and he wouldn't be blasted immediately because of his plot armor/universal aura.

#11 Edited by ComicStooge (12051 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (16131 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds so much like comic Odin..

#13 Posted by SheenLantern (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

The answer is obvious; it's Peter Cushing.

The....13th Doctor? Am I missing an inside joke or something?

#14 Posted by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Ah yes, Peter Cushing Doctor loses hard here, it's the only thing that makes sense! ;) :D

The 13 Doctor is apparently Peter Capaldi, since Hurt's Doctor was forcibly surpressed or whatever, making Matt Smith 12.

#15 Posted by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_imperator: @gularte2000: put it in a battle situation then. Put all of the power and smarts of dr who into a battle.

Wait, you are giving the Doctor a chance to talk to Odin? The Doctor's powerset literally includes "talk down people." It's like Talk no Jutsu in Naruto ;)

#16 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

[imagetag]

How could the Doctor possibly win against Odin in this scenario??

#17 Posted by The_Imperator (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@carter_esque: Literally talking him down. If the Doctor has a chance to speak, it usually goes to his favor. Though in a straight battle with Odin, no monologuing, sure the Doctor loses; but if he gets time to talk, he's going to come out ahead. It's why he's not a good Vs. character for fights. He doesn't fight, he talks people down.

#18 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

How could the Doctor possibly win against Odin in this scenario??

Well nabby not one week but a month or two he would defiantly beat Odin.

#19 Posted by dondave (34646 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

@the_imperator: @gularte2000: put it in a battle situation then. Put all of the power and smarts of dr who into a battle.

Wait, you are giving the Doctor a chance to talk to Odin? The Doctor's powerset literally includes "talk down people." It's like Talk no Jutsu in Naruto ;)

QFT

#20 Edited by _Atomikill_ (3625 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: I must admit, I agree to this. The Doctor is like Batman- with the right amount of prep, he can take down almost anyone. However, in this scenario specifically, Odin takes the cake.

#21 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Odie Boy wins

#22 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha people really are wanking The Doctor, it's almost as bad as those Chuck Norris jokes. Odin one shots The Doctor into oblivion.

#23 Edited by RetconCrisis (3386 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjlozza said:

Haha people really are wanking The Doctor, it's almost as bad as those Chuck Norris jokes. Odin one shots The Doctor into oblivion.

Yeah, the Doctor is overrated on this forum. He's great with his strategy and mind, but not in straight up fights like this.

#24 Posted by Racob7 (5411 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

One, his name is the Doctor. Two, Odin curbstomps.

Racob has spoken.