This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DarkSpidey21 (132 posts) - - Show Bio
                                             Versus                                         
http://www.comicvine.com/odin/29-3507/                                                                                                                               http://www.comicvine.com/darkseid/29-2349/ 

Strongest incarnations of both. Odin has Gungnir, no Destroyer Armor. Battle is on Apokolips, no morals, no prep. Battle to the death. Darkseid accidently boom tubed himself and Apokolips to the Marvel universe, and it trying to rule that universe. Odin is trying to stop him. They have 72 hours to finish this fight or the universe will tear apart because of the extra god level being shouldn't be there. One of them must die to restore balance. No help, no teammates. 

If this is lopsided I'm sorry, but it seems relatively even to me. Opinions? 
#2 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins, PC DS would give him a fight, if Odin didn't had the destroyer armor, even without it I would take Odin, allthough barely, but with the Destroyer Odin takes a solid win.
#3 Posted by DarkSpidey21 (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
"Odin wins, PC DS would give him a fight, if Odin didn't had the destroyer armor, even without it I would take Odin, allthough barely, but with the Destroyer Odin takes a solid win. "

Does the Omega Beam effect this fight at all?
#4 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkSpidey21 said:
"@NeonNemesis said:
"Odin wins, PC DS would give him a fight, if Odin didn't had the destroyer armor, even without it I would take Odin, allthough barely, but with the Destroyer Odin takes a solid win. "
Does the Omega Beam effect this fight at all? "

A skyfather like Odin can parry it with the odinforce.
#5 Posted by DarkSpidey21 (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis:
So in effect, you're saying that Odin can bea Darkseid, who has beaten Superman once or twice. So cut out he middle man; Odin>>Superman. Sweet!!
#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (13656 posts) - - Show Bio
@DarkSpidey21:
Ofcourse odin is superman superior. 
but darkseid wins and his strongest version wins very easily.
#7 Posted by deathlife (493 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins.

Darkseid has not feats (except withstanding Superman's strongest punches) to put him in Odin's class. 

Odin is a proven galaxy buster (Mangog is evidence of his power).

Odin wins this after a very tough fight.

#8 Posted by manx422 (477 posts) - - Show Bio

DS

#9 Posted by emmbro30 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Odin on this one.  In his most powerful state, Darkseid is no match for him.  I think the battle would go much the same way it did when Odin fought Thanos.

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (13656 posts) - - Show Bio
@emmbro30 said:
"I have to go with Odin on this one.  In his most powerful state, Darkseid is no match for him.  I think the battle would go much the same way it did when Odin fought Thanos. "

What makes you say this? 
darkseid in his most powerful state would EAT odin.literally.
#11 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen plenty of battle threads matching Darkseid vs Thanos and seen supporters of each. Overall they seem to be equivalent characters within their respected Universe. 
Although Thanos hasn't proven to be above Odin and I don't see why Darkseid should either. 
Odin should win this fight. 

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos and darkseid are'nt the same. 
seriously why do people keep using each others counterparts to make a case. 
is spectre equal to the living tribunal? 
is deadpool equal to deathstroke? 
does sentry have anything on superman? 
#13 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"Thanos and darkseid are'nt the same. seriously why do people keep using each others counterparts to make a case. is spectre equal to the living tribunal? is deadpool equal to deathstroke? does sentry have anything on superman?  "

Are you saying Darkseid is somehow far more powerful than Thanos? 
Wether or not they are exactly identical ... many would disagree that Darkseid is more powerful, just as many would agree that he may be. 
What does Darkseid have over Thanos or Odin in this fight that makes him so much more formidable?
#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (13656 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid destroying the antimonitor

Darkseid reducing a daxamite to dust

darkseid destroys mordru,who i would assume is odins equal if not superior.

darkseid helping destroy imperiex and succeeded.

Darkseid manages to harm the spectre. 
though admittedly the spectre killed but he was brought back due to his importance. 

darkseid wins.
#15 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (776 posts) - - Show Bio

odin ftw

#16 Posted by NeonNemesis (353 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
"

Darkseid destroying the antimonitor

Darkseid reducing a daxamite to dust

darkseid destroys mordru,who i would assume is odins equal if not superior.

darkseid helping destroy imperiex and succeeded.

Darkseid manages to harm the spectre. though admittedly the spectre killed but he was brought back due to his importance.  darkseid wins. "

You are mixing there pre and post crisis versions, future, and present/past versions, pick a single one and put it in this fight, but not everything at once like it was all the same, by that logic guys like Doom would stomp the likes of Superman with ease because he has versions that conquered the world, DS most powerfull version is either PC or GDS, not sure which one has the better feats, besides you are posting there stuff he did with preparation (AM and Imperiex), and making it look like he's pulling that in the middle of battle. 

And are we ignoring Odin casually blows galaxies in his fight? Tears the fabric of the Multiverse in fights? Creates pocket universes? restores damage done by his fights with ease?
#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio