ODIN

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Odin would stomp Ares easily. He stand on the other side of the world and throw Gugnir, empalling Ares dead on the side of a mountain with his spear through his head.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kingkronos

@Crom-Cruach: Doesn't DC Ares have the God Wave which is a multiversal attack.

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eisjfiejss

I thought Odin in mythology is omnipotent.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@eisjfiejss said:

He's not omnipotent he dies just like most the gods at Ragnarok and was powerless in stopping the destruction of the world. Mythological Odin is nowhere omnipotent

@kingkronos: Mythological Odin created the 9 worlds from the body of the world giant Ymir he personally slew. He had knowledge of past, present and future with wisdom of all magic.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingkronos

@eisjfiejss said:

What?? Not even close.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rolldestroyer

@Crom-Cruach: no odin only created midgard when he slew ymir

eisjfiejss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eisjfiejss

@kingkronos said:

@eisjfiejss said:

What?? Not even close.

To be honest I don't know a lot of norse mythology I know more greek.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@rolldestroyer said:

@Crom-Cruach: no odin only created midgard when he slew ymir

Wrong. Read your Voluspa again:

Therefore without the death of Ymir, nothing had been created. The only thing that existed before the death of Ymir was Muspelheim and Niffleheim. From where the cosmic cow rose when the ice melted and her milk fed the first being after her Ymir.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingkronos

@Crom-Cruach: I know who odin is. He was omniscient and his gungir is a one shot kill.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kingkronos

@eisjfiejss said:

@kingkronos said:

@eisjfiejss said:

What?? Not even close.

I know everything about greek mythology. It interests me much more than norse myth

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@kingkronos said:

@Crom-Cruach: I know who odin is. He was omniscient and his gungir is a one shot kill.

Then what is your point?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kingkronos

@Crom-Cruach said:

@kingkronos said:

Then what is your point?

I'm not pointing anything here, I just wanted you to know that I know a good deal about Odin in myth.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach

O.K.

Odin still wins.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rolldestroyer

and arent Muspelheim and Niffleheim one of the nine worlds? if memory serves well they were the fire and ice worlds respectively.

ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThatThorFan

Odin stomps.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@rolldestroyer said:

and arent Muspelheim and Niffleheim one of the nine worlds? if memory serves well they were the fire and ice worlds respectively.

Muspelheim is where the fire jotnar was said to dwell while Niffleheim the endless cold. This is however irrelevant to proving the multiversal creation of Odin. Because before creation time. Between these shapeless expanses was Gunnagagap, the void. And after ice came into contact with fire to reveal the cow (whom came out of nowhere) and she fed the giant Ymir there was nothing else except fire one side, cold other and water in the middle. Nothing else had shape before Odin came along. After Odin came along killed Ymir, then he massacred all his giant sons (escape a few that escaped and their descendants became the enemies of Ragnarok).

Then Odin made the 9 worlds as they are. He ordered the heavens and the earths, shaped them with the body of the giant and made every world as it is now.

Conclusion: Odin is multiversal, capable of creating, altering and willing entire worlds into being.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingkronos

@Crom-Cruach said:

@rolldestroyer said:

Muspelheim is where the fire jotnar was said to dwell while Niffleheim the endless cold. This is however irrelevant to proving the multiversal creation of Odin. Because before creation time. Between these shapeless expanses was Gunnagagap, the void. And after ice came into contact with fire to reveal the cow (whom came out of nowhere) and she fed the giant Ymir there was nothing else except fire one side, cold other and water in the middle. Nothing else had shape before Odin came along. After Odin came along killed Ymir, then he massacred all his giant sons (escape a few that escaped and their descendants became the enemies of Ragnarok).

Then Odin made the 9 worlds as they are. He ordered the heavens and the earths, shaped them with the body of the giant and made every world as it is now.

Conclusion: Odin is multiversal, capable of creating, altering and willing entire worlds into being.

Odin created the nine realms not nine universes. Anyway, doesn't matter, if you could tell me that he created the actual infinite universe then you can call him multiversal. Since the multiverse is basically all existence, and that means whoever created everything in norse mythology would be called multiversal.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@kingkronos said:

Odin created the nine realms not nine universes. Anyway, doesn't matter, if you could tell me that he created the actual infinite universe then you can call him multiversal. Since the multiverse is basically all existence, and that means whoever created everything in norse mythology would be called multiversal.

The norse who imagined the legends of Odin had no concept of the infinite universe as you define the term here, to them the entirety was contained within these nine worlds as they described them, ordered and shaped by Odin. So this is basically semantics.

The point is that Odin in myth is capable of multiversal creation and because of this he is far stronger then Ares whom is just lord over Conflict and War with low level Sky-Father power.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kingkronos

@Crom-Cruach said:

@kingkronos said:

The norse who imagined the legends of Odin had no concept of the infinite universe as you define the term here, to them the entirety was contained within these nine worlds as they described them, ordered and shaped by Odin. So this is basically semantics.

The point is that Odin in myth is capable of multiversal creation and because of this he is far stronger then Ares whom is just lord over Conflict and War with low level Sky-Father power.

How is odin a multiversal creator when he did not create all existence/multiverse? And Ares with the God Wave is capable of multiversal destruction. And I know that a multiversal creator is infinitely much stronger than a multiversal destroyer. But odin is not a multiversal creator. To be a multiversal/universal(the norse had one universe meaning all existence) creator one must create everything from nothing. Ymir did fight odin, and when he did the actual multiverse/universe did exist. So how can odin be the creator of all existence?

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Crom-Cruach said:

Odin would stomp Ares easily. He stand on the other side of the world and throw Gugnir, empalling Ares dead on the side of a mountain with his spear through his head.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kingkronos

@jeanroygrant: What about the God Wave?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

Odin mythology can solo any Greek God in the DC. Ares would get pummeled.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

@kingkronos said:

@jeanroygrant: What about the God Wave?

Odin would still win.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

Odin mythology can solo any Greek God in the DC. Ares would get pummeled.

I would pretty much agree with you there. It's just I thought Ares would be a challenge since he has a MULTIVERSAL ATTACK which is the god wave.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Odin throws Gungnir, any Greek God dies instantly. Odin has faced far bigger entities like Ymir, and created the world with it, created day and night, etc. Ares has done nothing to match that.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Odin throws Gungnir, any Greek God dies instantly. Odin has faced far bigger entities like Ymir, and created the world with it, created day and night, etc. Ares has done nothing to match that.

WTF?? He created the nine realms nothing more. Not night and day.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: He didn't create the nine worlds.... OMG he created Midgard with Ymir. Apparently, he also created Asgard. Yes he did, he created Night and Day to ride around the sun.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@kingkronos said:

So how can odin be the creator of all existence?

Because as the Voluspa explains. All there was before he came along was Gunnagagap, fire and cold+cosmic cow and Ymir. Nothing was made, had the shape or was organized like it is now until Odin came along and did it. Existence as it is now is how it is because Odin did the work.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

@Crom-Cruach: There were many more things prior to Odin... it wasn't just fire, it was a world of fire, Muspellsheimr, and an entire world of ice/cold/snow Niffleheimr. It's "Ginnungagap". There was also the world tree, Yggdrasil, Odin's father, Bor, etc.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By The_Thunderer

@kingkronos said:

@eisjfiejss said:

@kingkronos said:

@eisjfiejss said:

What?? Not even close.

I know everything about greek mythology. It interests me much more than norse myth

Same :D

Need to see some Ares feats before I judge tbh..

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShootingNova

@The_Thunderer: I like Nordic myths just as much.... And Kingkronos, you don't know everything about Greek mythology.