#1 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this sounds crazy, SA Superman sneezed away a Solar System and flew so fast that he can time-travel.

However I've discovered that most people whom believe he's overall more powerful do not have a vast knowledge about Thor's capabilities. Sure he'd win in a fight because he's practically indestructible. Thor has fought beings that are more powerful than him, such as Galactus and Celestials. I assume that most people on here already know a lot about Superman's abilities during the Silver-Age but to make this a fair comparison I will mention that his greatest strength feat (that is consistent) that I've seen was holding a mini black-hole in his palms.

Superman has the speed and durability advantage

Now as for this forum, who has more powerful attacks?? and strength?

Thor's greatest strength feats:

The mass of a Neutron Star can be 4-8x greater than the sun according to physicists. This is done by Thor in his normal state of strength, his strength can amplify by 10X of its original extent by Warrior Madness as well as enhancing his strength with Odin Force to a far more incalculable amount.

Destructive power (Who has more powerful attacks):

Thor has too many more attacks than SA Superman to name, but I'll just name his most powerful. Energy absorption and projection. Thor was once capable of absorbing the energy of a Null Bomb which was powerful enough to cause an explosion to destroy an entire galaxy, meaning he could re-direct the Null Bomb energy and form the explosion to destroy an entire galaxy if he wanted but instead he directed it as a "Torrent of cosmic force":

And even energy sufficient enough to destroy one fifth of the Universe:

Thor can absorb energy and project it by 100 times of its original power:

Theoretically he could destroy the equivalent of 100 galaxies as well as 20 universes if he's capable of amplifying the energy of the Null Bomb and Life-Bomb contained in his hammer by 100.

With Odin Force Thor is able to destroy as well as create galaxies with relatively ease.

SA Superman is powerful but as for weaponry, he doesn't have a lot of abilities other than Heat-Vision and Super-Breath.

#2 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

you may not know, but superman has a sword, called the Sword of Superman, which makes him Nigh-Omnipotence and Nigh-Omniscience. it makes the odin sword look like a piece scrap metal

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

you may not know, but superman has a sword, called the Sword of Superman, which makes him Nigh-Omnipotence and Nigh-Omniscience. it makes the odin sword look like a piece scrap metal

Comics really don't make any sense... at all.

#4 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz: Sure but it has never been mentioned to have the ability that could destroy and create galaxies

#5 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin said:

@kcaz: Sure but it has never been mentioned to have the ability that could destroy and create galaxies

it made him omnipotent and omniscience. it was about to make superman 1 with the universe. remember when thanos had the heart of the universe, he said something like he is one with the universe. but superman rejected the offer

#6 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver age supes has my vote...and with the Sword of Superman he stomps

#7 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz: He never used the Sword of Superman so therefore it had no specific display of power. Anyway have you read my scans??

Who has more powerful attacks, Thor with Mjolnir and Odin Force or SA Superman??

#8 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah because that totally makes sense.

Odin force Thor would beat Sa Superman? come on man get real!

#9 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: The Sword of Superman was never used so therefore it had no displays of power, which one of the 2 has displayed more power though??

Thor with Odin Force can obliterate galaxies as well as creating some, he absorbed the energy of a bomb that could destroy 1/5 of the universe and as demonstrated above he can project the energy in his hammer by 100X it's original power...so in this case comparing Thor to SA Superman?? who is more powerful, other than sneezing SA Superman does not have a lot of weaponry other than Heat-Vision.

#10 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Yeah because that totally makes sense.

Odin force Thor would beat Sa Superman? come on man get real!

this thread is %@# lol

SA superman wins

#11 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: This is not a fight, it's a comparison on who can be more destructive. Odin Force enables Thor the ability to destroy galaxies as well as create some Thor can absorb the amount of energy sufficient to destroy a galaxy and with him being able to project it by 100 as shown before he could theoretically destroy more than 1 galaxy. With Odin Force his energy is far more stronger.

#12 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: uh you and I talked before?? I'm searching for new opinions so you won't have to comment, I already know yours.

#13 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

some thing too crazy in here..

#14 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin said:

@Killemall: This is not a fight, it's a comparison on who can be more destructive. Odin Force enables Thor the ability to destroy galaxies as well as create some Thor can absorb the amount of energy sufficient to destroy a galaxy and with him being able to project it by 100 as shown before he could theoretically destroy more than 1 galaxy. With Odin Force his energy is far more stronger.

Come on man, Odin was the one who destroyed galaxy which itself is highly arguable. Also Odin Force Thor does not automatically equal Odin.

Now you show a scan of him absorbing and redirecting null bomb, how is that Thor's power and where is he going to get that amount of power. I think bio states Thor can absorb unlimited amount of energy to if he gets enough time he would sit there absorbing energy, problem is in terms of a fight that strategy is just useless. Thor's most potent blast is God blast, it has been outright said so and all it has done is harmed galactus and while thor was weakened did not even manage to scratch Juggernaut. Thor has hurt Chaos King, awesome but that doesnt automatically mean he's very powerful.

So yeah theoretically thor should be able to win, but than thats as far as fan speculation goes. Based on the feats we have seen SA Superman outclasses Thor in destruction department by an absolute mile.

#15 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: i agree X100000000000 time

the SA superman no Massive attack ability,but still was can beat some universe-level being though

#16 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: yeah SA Superman would get rid of Thor in a fight just like getting rid of an annoying fly, but this is about who has more massive attack ability though.

#17 Posted by Killerjax (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin: Killemall just told you.. SA Superman.

#18 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin: i go to back read comic

#19 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killerjax: He did tell me but he didn't convince me, maybe you could. Please mention me an attack that could directly wipe out a galaxy that SA Superman could perform, Odin Force enabled Odin to wipe out countless Galaxies; Thor is capable of absorbing the amount of energy sufficient of destroying 1/5 of a universe, assuming that he could project it by 100X like he did with other devastating attacks would he still be unable to overpower Heat-Vision?

#20 Posted by Hemlin (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killerjax: Don't ignore reply, can Heat-Vision directly destroy 1/5 of a universe, Life-Bomb sure could and Thor absorbed all of it's energy; if Thor multiplies it by 100 and then project it...you know what would happen.

#21 Posted by Killerjax (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin said:

@Killerjax: Don't ignore reply, can Heat-Vision directly destroy 1/5 of a universe, Life-Bomb sure could and Thor absorbed all of it's energy; if Thor multiplies it by 100 and then project it...you know what would happen.

Just because im afk doesnt mean im ignoring you....

He doesnt need heat vision or anything, Superman destroyed reality simply by flying too fast. His heat visions heat is unquantifiable i.e. He decides how hot it is. His strength level is also unquantifiable which should at least tell you what kind of hit he could land when he is serious.

#22 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

I'd assume OF Thor can cause more destruction than SA Superman.

But I think Superman would win in a fight.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Bump.

That a very unreasonable assumption, look at feat, Odin force Thor hasnt even destroyed a planet, and the OP is adding feats from Odin to relate it to Odin force, the formal of which got knocked out trying to re-arrange a moon, the latter of which created a planet out of nothing with a mere wave of his hand. Its just a very bad assumption.

Sa Superman should beat him, in both category by absolute mile.

#24 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@logy5000 said:

Bump.

That a very unreasonable assumption, look at feat, Odin force Thor hasnt even destroyed a planet, and the OP is adding feats from Odin to relate it to Odin force, the formal of which got knocked out trying to re-arrange a moon, the latter of which created a planet out of nothing with a mere wave of his hand. Its just a very bad assumption.

Sa Superman should beat him, in both category by absolute mile.

I've never seen you defend Superman against Thor like that. 0.o

OF Thor is near featless, and I haven't read any comics about him. (For that matter I've only read 2 SA comics.) But he's supposed to be galaxy level from what people say about him.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (19233 posts) - - Show Bio

Only in the Silver Age would there exist a sword that made the vastly overpowered Superman omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. Typical Silver Age logic.

#26 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is still Superman.

#27 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

OF Thor is near featless, and I haven't read any comics about him. (For that matter I've only read 2 SA comics.) But he's supposed to be galaxy level from what people say about him.

LOL i am not a Thor fan boy and have defended Superman before.

Also might i ask who says this, and about whom (the bolded part)

I have read every Thor issue where he has had Odin force and appeared as King Thor or Odin Force thor, and he has never done anything even remotely close to it.

#28 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@logy5000 said:

LOL i am not a Thor fan boy and have defended Superman before.

Also might i ask who says this, and about whom (the bolded part)

I have read every Thor issue where he has had Odin force and appeared as King Thor or Odin Force thor, and he has never done anything even remotely close to it.

No no, don't get me wrong, I never thought you were a fan boy.

As for the galaxy claim. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/movie-superman-vs-movie-thor/611584/ 3rd post. Also, I made a OF Thor vs AS Superman thread and people said OF Thor is a reality warper who can wreck AS Superman with a thought.

#29 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: By the way, can you name some of the OF Thor & King Thor comics so I can read them?

#30 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: By the way, can you name some of the OF Thor & King Thor comics so I can read them?

Sure :)

Thor assumes King Thor from The Mighty Thor Volume 2, Issue 53 to Thor volume 2 Issue 79.

He then loses his power for a bit, then becomes Rune King Thor, a rather featless but over-powered version of Thor.

Then Thor loses RKT powers but retains Odin Force from Thor volume 2 84 all the way to Thor 613.

If you are interested his list of feat as King Thor (where he had full odin force as oppose to a mere portion as Odin Force Thor) as as below:

'll post it here, you'll get message in the pm anyways , that way if NerdFTW would like to use any scans from here he could.

So first, bring a kid back to life

Beat Desak

Beat Dark Gods (Not sure if you are familiar with Dark Gods at all, would you like to see how Thor faired the first time around when he fought dark gods?)

Matter manipulation and remaking a shattered moon (if you are like me you would like to compare abilities of one hero with another, just to put it out there Silver Surfer on his own accord has shown planetary level matter manipulation twice)

Beat Iron Man in Thor buster Armor

The battle continues in Avenger Volume 2 Issue 63

fight and beat the Avengers

Defeat Destroyer Armor, stop time, and time travel

Have a look and you can gauge his power level on your own :)

#31 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@logy5000 said:

Sure :)

Thor assumes King Thor from The Mighty Thor Volume 2, Issue 53 to Thor volume 2 Issue 79.

He then loses his power for a bit, then becomes Rune King Thor, a rather featless but over-powered version of Thor.

Then Thor loses RKT powers but retains Odin Force from Thor volume 2 84 all the way to Thor 613.

If you are interested his list of feat as King Thor (where he had full odin force as oppose to a mere portion as Odin Force Thor) as as below:

'll post it here, you'll get message in the pm anyways , that way if NerdFTW would like to use any scans from here he could.

So first, bring a kid back to life

Beat Desak

Beat Dark Gods (Not sure if you are familiar with Dark Gods at all, would you like to see how Thor faired the first time around when he fought dark gods?)

Matter manipulation and remaking a shattered moon (if you are like me you would like to compare abilities of one hero with another, just to put it out there Silver Surfer on his own accord has shown planetary level matter manipulation twice)

Beat Iron Man in Thor buster Armor

The battle continues in Avenger Volume 2 Issue 63

fight and beat the Avengers

Defeat Destroyer Armor, stop time, and time travel

Have a look and you can gauge his power level on your own :)

Wow, that's amazing. I should read these. I remember seeing King Thor vs Thorbuster Iron Man. How do you find that many scans?

#32 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Also, how do you think a fight between King Thor & Silver Age Superman would look?

#33 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: some have the comics in digital form on a folder. They just upload them from there.

#34 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Because i have digital comics and i uploaded all these scans previously during a challange a viner match.

As for a match between OF Thor and SA Superman, well SA Superman should just beat OF Thor to death.

#35 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

SA Superman wins this.

#36 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is...althogh Thor did possess the Odin force for some time, I don't know that I've ever seen feats that would put him on par with Odin. But SA Superman was massively over powered (depending on the decade I suppose...). Just don't see any version of Thor beating Silver Age Superman.

#37 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread reeks of Power Level Madness.

Akira Toriyama himself stopped using the famous power levels because people did scalar arithmetic with them; person A has twice the power level of person B, therefore if person A can destroy a universe with a certain attack, person B can destroy two universes!

No.

Power levels and comic feats and anything fictional, unless otherwise stated within it's own publications, do not multiply exactly, or add on exactly, or anything.

They are fictional characters with inconsistent feats, the most consistent characters in Marvel or DC comics still are a bit inconsistent and have issues like this. Do not, ever, go with what "should be possible", such as Warrior Madness giving him exactly 10x his normal strength, thus he's able to most a solar system with his bare hands; or his power amplification letting him destroy 20 universes with one blow. Never go with what "Should be possible". Only go with what is directly stated to be possible. Crossing feats over with one another is dangerous, and unless the specific crossover of abilities is supported, fans generally get it wrong (because writers don't write based on math or what "should be possible", they write based on good stories and what sells).

Thor can absorb energy.

Thor can amplify energy.

He's never been shown to be able to amplify energy capable of destroying one fifth of the universe however.

We also don't know if his amplification in your scans is exactly 100x, or if he's just bluffing completely, or whatever. Character dialogue =/= facts. Narration is usually more consistent, but even then, it's questionable.

Thor's never destroyed a universe to my knowledge.

These are the kind of assumptions we can make about Thor that make sense. They're based on what he has or has not done.

SA Superman with sword of superman is nearly omnipotent and omniscient.

Has this ever happened? Do we have actual facts to back this up, or just dialogue that claims that he would be or could be nearly omnipotent or omniscient? What about the limits to his "omnipotence"? Omnipotent, god-like characters, like Galactus in Marvel or Darkseid in DC, get smacked around by not-so-omnipotent characters all the time.

Basically, stick to the feats, people, don't extrapolate. It doesn't work.

#38 Edited by PokemonDefender (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

Akira Toriyama himself stopped using the famous power levels because people did scalar arithmetic with them; person A has twice the power level of person B, therefore if person A can destroy a universe with a certain attack, person B can destroy two universes!

No.

Power levels and comic feats and anything fictional, unless otherwise stated within it's own publications, do not multiply exactly, or add on exactly, or anything.

Hate to interrupt but what does DBZ have to do this any of this?

And Akira stopped powerlevels because scouters were no longer being used. And powerlevels would limit the story. Akira didn't care if people were scaling, he even answered that himself in the Super Exciting DBZ guide.

So if what your saying is correct a person with a PL of 2,000,0000 can only blow up the same amount as a person with a PL of 200,000?

No.

#39 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@PokemonDefender said:

@minigunman123 said:

No.

Hate to interrupt but what does DBZ have to do this any of this?

And Akira stopped powerlevels because scouters were no longer being used. And powerlevels would limit the story. Akira didn't care if people were scaling, he even answered that himself in the Super Exciting DBZ guide.

So if what your saying is correct a person with a PL of 2,000,0000 can only blow up the same amount as a person with a PL of 200,000?

No.

No. Re-read my post. You focused entirely too much on the fact I used Akira Toriyama as an example, and then misinterpreted what I said to mean "things don't scale at all" when I specifically said "things scale, but they don't scale as nicely as mathematics would make us want to believe, when talking about fictional characters".

#40 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Thing is...althogh Thor did possess the Odin force for some time, I don't know that I've ever seen feats that would put him on par with Odin. But SA Superman was massively over powered (depending on the decade I suppose...). Just don't see any version of Thor beating Silver Age Superman.

I think Rune King Thor beats Silver Age Superman because of his insane magic vulnerability.

#41 Edited by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin force thor makes SA superman cry for mama kent.

#42 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hemlin: Thor withstanding gravity akin to that of a neutron star isn't a strength feat, it's a durability feat.

#43 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

Odin force thor makes SA superman cry for mama kent.

Based on what a few others have told me, I doubt it.

Unless you're kidding.

#44 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Malevolent1 said:

I think Rune King Thor beats Silver Age Superman because of his insane magic vulnerability.

Good point. Rune King Thor is the most magical version of Thor and Silver Age Superman back then actually had a "weakness" to magic, back before DC came back and changed it to, "Well...he doesn't have a weakness to magic so much as he has no more defense against it than the average mortal..."

So, yeah, you may be right.

#45 Posted by logy5000 (5726 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1: Imo, SA Superman would beat RK Thor if he didn't have the vulnerability to magic. After all, he's capable of destroying a universe with his speed.