• 84 results
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Who wins this all out battle between these Magical and Cosmic Forces ? Odin and Thor versus Silver Surfer and Surtur. Random Encounter. Fight takes place in Olympus. Standard Levels for Everyone.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@king_saturn: Odin can 1 shot silver surfer and then he and Thor fight surtur. I don't know who would win betwen Odin with Thor and Surtur.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn: Odin can 1 shot silver surfer and then he and Thor fight surtur. I don't know who would win betwen Odin with Thor and Surtur.

Odin can't one shot Silver Surfer... because he will be busy fighting his rival known as Surtur. Thor and Silver Surfer will more than likely tussle...

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer said:

Odin can't one shot Silver Surfer... because he will be busy fighting his rival known as Surtur. Thor and Silver Surfer will more than likely tussle...

Hmm, well actually Thor can add more to this battle than Surfer, so I will say team 1. Thor has actually hurt Odin before, so I don't see why he can't help take down Surtur mean while Odin one-shots Surfer.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All PIS aside, morals off...Surfer is too fast for anyone to hit. He takes out Thor which leaves Surtur and the Surfer against Odin. I lean toward Surtur and the Surfer.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malevolent1: Not if Thor goes after Surter to distract him while Odin 1 shots him. Then it's odin and thor vs surtur but I know nothing on surter.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Well...there are many what if scenarios that lead to endless conjecture.

I think what I mean, is if we are considering this fight, each character doing their absolute best and with no compunction about killing their opponent to get the job done, Surfer is just too fast for most characters to tag. Matter of fact, all PIS off, bloodlusted? Surfer decks Thor before he has a chance to react, then takes a shot at Odin. Thing is, in many scenarios, speed is king. But when you are as powerful as Odin, that same speed is virtually moot. IMHO, Odin is right up there with Galactus in power. Surtur, generally is considered on par with Odin in power. Surfer might be able to tip the scales in favor of Surtur.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Hmm, well actually Thor can add more to this battle than Surfer, so I will say team 1. Thor has actually hurt Odin before, so I don't see why he can't help take down Surtur mean while Odin one-shots Surfer.

What makes you think Thor can add more to this battle than Silver Surfer ?

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leaning towards team 2

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malevolent1: The OP does not state that they are blood lusted. Thor has beaten Surfer in every single one of their encounters in canon or at least that's what this shows. http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/05/thor-vs-silver-surfer.html

And it does not change that Odin can and will 1 shot silver surfer in the beginning getting rid of him. Even if he did get Thor, Odin could always heal him. Not to mention while surfer has a lot of speed thor has great reaction speed like being able to counter a pheonix avatars blast while weak and others. It all boils down to either Odin and Thor vs Surter or Surter and Silver surfer vs odin. Surter could take out thor and odin could take out surfer then it would be Odin vs Surter and I think it would stalemate or go to surter.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Surfer and Surtur.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if surfer is actually willing to fight for once he and surtur should win in a good fight

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 King_Saturn  Online

anyone else ?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath said:
@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Mjolnir>Surfer

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 King_Saturn  Online

@king_saturn said:

@thundergodswrath said:
@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Mjolnir>Surfer

What makes this so ? Because they both seem to have great versatility.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malevolent1: The OP does not state that they are blood lusted. Thor has beaten Surfer in every single one of their encounters in canon or at least that's what this shows. http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/05/thor-vs-silver-surfer.html

And it does not change that Odin can and will 1 shot silver surfer in the beginning getting rid of him. Even if he did get Thor, Odin could always heal him. Not to mention while surfer has a lot of speed thor has great reaction speed like being able to counter a pheonix avatars blast while weak and others. It all boils down to either Odin and Thor vs Surter or Surter and Silver surfer vs odin. Surter could take out thor and odin could take out surfer then it would be Odin vs Surter and I think it would stalemate or go to surter.

No. It doesn't. But if all battle forums operated under the assumption that morals were off and characters were bloodlusted, it would eliminate a lot of "what if" scenarios. What happens in the comic books is written for the sake of plot. Hence the terms PIS. How Surfer and Thor have been portrayed over the years in a comic book really means little for the sake of battle forum discussions, because...

Such discussions lead to endless conjecture about what if this or what if that. Venom beat Superman in a comic book as did Muhammad Ali. Should that be weighed in a conversation about Superman vs Thor? Probably not. Hulk recently lifted Thor's hammer in Avengers Assemble 4. Should that be weighed in a discussion between Thor and whoever?

So, again. If (notice I said if) we consider this fight from the stand point of morals off (which is actually pretty easy for Surtur), I think there's a good chance Thor gets taken out rather quickly since he has not FTL reflexes to speak of, while the Surfer has demonstrated reaction speed while travelling time, which is decidedly well beyond the light speed barrier.

Just my two cents.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath said:

@king_saturn said:

@thundergodswrath said:
@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Mjolnir>Surfer

What makes this so ? Because they both seem to have great versatility.

Versatility isn't everything. Surfer has even said Mjolnir is more powerful than his power cosmic. As I've said Mjolnir has hurt Odin.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: Well...there are many what if scenarios that lead to endless conjecture.

I think what I mean, is if we are considering this fight, each character doing their absolute best and with no compunction about killing their opponent to get the job done, Surfer is just too fast for most characters to tag. Matter of fact, all PIS off, bloodlusted? Surfer decks Thor before he has a chance to react, then takes a shot at Odin. Thing is, in many scenarios, speed is king. But when you are as powerful as Odin, that same speed is virtually moot. IMHO, Odin is right up there with Galactus in power. Surtur, generally is considered on par with Odin in power. Surfer might be able to tip the scales in favor of Surtur.

SS can fly fast. He can't punch fast. It will take more then one blitz from SS to take down Thor. In fact in their last fight when SS did blitz Thor both of them got hurt. SS has not shown the strength or ability to constantly zip past thor and knock him out with light speed punches. I think Thor has fought Surtur before. I don't think Surtur can take out Thor as quickly as Odin can take out Surtur. Even if it is SS/Surtur vs Odin it's still like a lion and a squirrel vs a lion. I'm giving the slight edge to Team 1

@thundergodswrath said:
@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Hasn't Thor fought Surtur before? Wasn't it an extended battle? I know that within the last 5 yrs when Odin was in Limbo constantly killing surtur, who would come back to life every day, Thor helped Odin in battle to defeat surtur. I don't remember all the details but i think Thor can last longer against Surtur then SS can against Odin.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 King_Saturn  Online

@pooty said:

@king_saturn said:

@thundergodswrath said:
@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

Hasn't Thor fought Surtur before? Wasn't it an extended battle? I know that within the last 5 yrs when Odin was in Limbo constantly killing surtur, who would come back to life every day, Thor helped Odin in battle to defeat surtur. I don't remember all the details but i think Thor can last longer against Surtur then SS can against Odin.

Thor has fought Surtur... but that maybe have been a little stretching in favor of Thor's skill being it is Surtur supposedly has the power to bust Galaxies.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: True. it's like if Odin has a hard time vs Surtur then Surtur should murder Thor easily but Thor puts up a good fight. IDK

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King_Saturn  Online

@pooty said:

@king_saturn: True. it's like if Odin has a hard time vs Surtur then Surtur should murder Thor easily but Thor puts up a good fight. IDK

exactly

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Killemall

@bronze_surfer said:

Honestly, Surfer (EDIT: Sorry i meant SURTUR not Surfer) should have little problem one shotting Thor either though, he is just on same level.

I know in comics Thor gets to stand up to Surtur often, has beaten him once recently with plot (shadow of the twilight sword) but on panel potrayal of the 2 have been rather consistent. Surtur is there or there about in power level with Odin, its pretty equally matched, Thor and silver surfer here are outgunned.

Odin vs Surtur and Silver Surfer vs Thor , are both just as close as it gets.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Malevolent1

@pooty: Question for you: in the feat below, is it possible for Wally to punch the person he is standing in front of?

No Caption Provided

I mean, obviously, he isn't punching anyone. But aside from the fact that Wally is not a cold hearted person, and he has no reason to, what is keeping him from punching theperson in front of him?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Question for you: in the feat below, is it possible for Wally to punch the person he is standing in front of?

No Caption Provided

I mean, obviously, he isn't punching anyone. But aside from the fact that Wally is not a cold hearted person, and he has no reason to, what is keeping him from punching theperson in front of him?

1) yes wally can hit those people.

2) Since he is not fighting anyone there is no reason for him to punch them. What is the reason you're getting at?

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: What Wally is experiencing above is called time dilation. The closer to the speed of light we move, then the slower everything around us appears to be moving.

We already know the Surfer is capable of blitzing opponents at light speed, although there is no actual on panel feat of him punching a character at faster than light speeds:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

In any of the feats indicated, is the Surfer punching anyone? No. Is he capable? Absolutely. In each of these feats, who is beyond light speed. Against Thanos, he is millions of times light speed.

But what about below? What do you see?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is Mighty Thor 193. Thor and the Surfer both failed to do much but piss Durok off, each in a straight up fight. Norrin gambles and does the only thing he thinks will work. While struggling with Durok, the Surfer goads his board past the light speed and time travel barrier. Durok finally passes out unconscious due to temporal buffeting. He couldn't handle fighting the Surfer past light speed much less travelling time. Many chalk this up to a travel feat. However, when a character "travels" time, he's not covering points in space, but points in time. The Surfer is clearly able to think and move and react within that frame...even engage in combat after having crossed the time travel barrier as these scans indicate. Depictions of some time travel (a la passing the light speed barrier) shows the travelers on ships moving that fast as frozen in time. This is often rectified by "hyperspace" which allows, for example, characters on a ship in hyperspace to react with one another in real time. Surfer did not use hyperspace on this one, and Durok suffered the effects. I'd say time dilation on this one is pretty much down to nil.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: What Wally is experiencing above is called time dilation. The closer to the speed of light we move, then the slower everything around us appears to be moving.

Relativistic time dilation would actually have the opposite effect, with the person moving near light speed experiencing less time than others. This is why in the Twin Paradox, the twin shot off into space in a rocket stays the same age while the one stuck back on earth gets older and older.

Of course, Special Relativity properly applies to inertial frames of reference; every time Wally accelerates (i.e. changes his velocity or the direction he's moving in), Special Relativity would fail to apply.

Back on topic though, Odin has fought the Surfer, along with the Infinity Watch, and swatted him like a fly. Even without Thor, the Surfer's presence is meaningless; he cannot harm Odin.

On the other hand, Thor has actually harmed Surtur. Moreover, I believe Surtur is actually a notch below Odin. He's close enough to make a good fight of it, but even with the Twilight Sword, which acted as a perpetual amp, Surtur had some difficulty with Odin. In another instance, Thor was empowered with the Odin Force and defeated Surtur himself. I also believe Surtur was beaten by Odin in his first appearance, though that was admittedly long before Simonson turned him into the menace we recognize today.

Basically, I feel Odin takes a majority over Surtur, and can easily mop up the SS when he's done (or just swat him beforehand; for that matter, the collateral damage alone from a full-scale Odin vs. Surtur battle could potentially take the Surfer out).

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Malevolent1

@freefa11 said:

@malevolent1 said:

Relativistic time dilation would actually have the opposite effect, with the person moving near light speed experiencing less time than others. This is why in the Twin Paradox, the twin shot off into space in a rocket stays the same age while the one stuck back on earth gets older and older.

Of course, Special Relativity properly applies to inertial frames of reference; every time Wally accelerates (i.e. changes his velocity or the direction he's moving in), Special Relativity would fail to apply.

Back on topic though, Odin has fought the Surfer, along with the Infinity Watch, and swatted him like a fly. Even without Thor, the Surfer's presence is meaningless; he cannot harm Odin.

On the other hand, Thor has actually harmed Surtur. Moreover, I believe Surtur is actually a notch below Odin. He's close enough to make a good fight of it, but even with the Twilight Sword, which acted as a perpetual amp, Surtur had some difficulty with Odin. In another instance, Thor was empowered with the Odin Force and defeated Surtur himself. I also believe Surtur was beaten by Odin in his first appearance, though that was admittedly long before Simonson turned him into the menace we recognize today.

Basically, I feel Odin takes a majority over Surtur, and can easily mop up the SS when he's done (or just swat him beforehand; for that matter, the collateral damage alone from a full-scale Odin vs. Surtur battle could potentially take the Surfer out).

Correct. We are actually saying the same thing. However, I think Mark Waid did a great job of trying to apply a theoretical application to a comic book feat. A simpler illustration: when Barry Sanders ran the football and he evaded tacklers, he was quick enough to stop on a dime, re-direct and essentially make tacklers almost look like they were standing still. Wally, approaching the speed of light essentially made everyone look as if they were statues.

On topic: I agree that Odin is well beyond the Surfer. I think most folks know that. What I'm saying is, typical comic PIS a non consideration, Thor and Surfer are on the same level of power. Because of Surfer's speed, Thor is literally a non factor. I think I already mentioned in a previous post above that there also finally comes a point where speed is a non factor, as in the case of someone like the Surfer and Odin, or better example, like Thanos and Surfer. Surfer is faster than Thanos (although...some argue Thanos has FTL reflexes...topic for a whole nother discussion...), yet the vast difference in speed makes no difference to someone with that power. Same with Odin and Surfer. Matter of fact, I thin I already mentioned Odin as close to Galactus in power. However, once Thor is out of the picture, which he would be against someone of a similar power set who is way, way faster than him, that leaves Odin against the Surfer and Surtur. Surfer has been shown to augment those with magical abilities, so while he may be a non-factor against Odin, what about an amped Surtur?

No Caption Provided

From Defenders 8. Strange and Surfer combine the mystic and the magical.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Above is another example of the power cosmic being joined with mystical powers. Why prevents the Surfer from augmenting Surtur's power?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Team 2

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By theDCkid

Team 2.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, morals off Silver Surfer>Thor.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's all this crap about Thor beating Silver Surfer?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 King_Saturn  Online

ha ha... that made me laugh.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team 2

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Clark_EL

What's all this crap about Thor beating Silver Surfer?

Well classic Thor would beat classic Surfer like he already has....modern versions surfer takes it.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Team 1

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Well classic Thor would beat classic Surfer like he already has....modern versions surfer takes it.

Contrary to popular belief Thor has only ever beaten Surfer during Thor: Blood and Thunder, where Thor was bloodlusted, and his feats in that particular series are totally unmatched with his feats anywhere else.

Apart from that even in classic days Sufer has beaten Thor twice, both in non-canon what ifs, with little help from context.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Contrary to popular belief Thor has only ever beaten Surfer during Thor: Blood and Thunder, where Thor was bloodlusted, and his feats in that particular series are totally unmatched with his feats anywhere else.

Apart from that even in classic days Sufer has beaten Thor twice, both in non-canon what ifs, with little help from context.

Overall I want to say they are even in power...but I'm not suer.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 King_Saturn  Online

Hey, what was the purpose of those Flash scans ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Overall I want to say they are even in power...but I'm not suer.

That sound like a fair statement. Also Thor is more honned in the art of war, he is a warrior born, loves fighting, while Silver Surfer is , well no offence to Surfer fan, normally a wuss :p

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malevolent1: eliminating PIS does not mean a character fights out of character. i agree that SS should be able to Zoom past Thor. But is that in his character? If he did it more often i would say it's a habit, but since he rarely does it, I can't say it's in his character.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:
@bronze_surfer said:

What if Surtur one shots Thor first? Then it would be Silver Surfer and Surtur vs Odin lol.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bronze_surfer: Did you even read the blog you put the link to? Their fights have ended in stalemates except when thor was in warriors madness while surfer was being more passive. The op said they are in characters so this outcome isn't happening. The writer of the blog is bias and disregards majority of the facts which is why his favorite characters win every fight. Odin is not one shotting surfer and if surfer does face odin you completely forget that thor has to face surtur alone who will deal with thor quickly as well. Surtur is on par with odin and odin has the power to put thor down quickly so surtur can too.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thundergodswrath: Just because surfer said that over 40 years ago does not mean it applies today. Surfer's power cosmic has shown to be more powerful than mjolnir through feats. Actions>words

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Malevolent1

@pooty: Is that in his character? Great question.

Surfer tanks a shot from laser fire
Surfer evades Midnight Sun at light speed
Surfer reacts and tanks laser fire

Surfer learns Starhawk is away at 3x light speed
Surfer sees and reacts Starhawk by intercepting him at that speed

Galactus explains Surfer's rescue mission, to rescue Nova behind walls of vibranium set to explode on contact
Galactus explains Surfer's rescue mission, to rescue Nova behind walls of vibranium set to explode on contact
He hits the second wall at
He hits the second wall at "star spanning speed"...how fast did he hit the first wall at?

After bursting through two walls of vibranium, at 'star spanning speed
After bursting through two walls of vibranium, at 'star spanning speed" he locates Nova and
he manages to pull her out of harms way
he manages to pull her out of harms way
Speed has always been an integral part of the Surfer's character
Speed has always been an integral part of the Surfer's character

Surfer evades Hulk at close range
Surfer evades Hulk at close range
Searches 196, 000, 000 mi2 and five billion people in only seconds
Searches 196, 000, 000 mi2 and five billion people in only seconds
Speed has always been integral to the Surfer's character from beginning to end
Speed has always been integral to the Surfer's character from beginning to end

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Scans?

@thundergodswrath: Just because surfer said that over 40 years ago does not mean it applies today. Surfer's power cosmic has shown to be more powerful than mjolnir through feats. Actions>words

No.

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be a hard fight but i lean towards team 2 winning this fight

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Is that in his character? Great question.

He hits the second wall at
He hits the second wall at "star spanning speed"...how fast did he hit the first wall at?

@malevolent1: Your scans prove what we already know. That Surfer is very fast. Thor has dodged and deflected his blast many times before. So thor has proven he can react to the speed of SS blast which i assume is about light speed. SS can travel faster then his beams, I admit. but only in one of those scans does he actually use his travel speed to blitz an opponent. Is it possible for SS to blitz Thor? Yes. Is it likely? I say No.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Malevolent1

@pooty: And I appreciate your viewpoint, but still have to disagree. I can show quite a few scans of Surfer tanking shots from beings far less than light speed. This does not mean he should be considered slower than light, particularly with reference to reaction speed. To me, as much as he is shown reacting and moving at light speeds, him getting tagged by slower characters like Thor, is tantamount to saying Slade can tag Wally West. It's PIS. Just my opinion, and no disrespect to you. I appreciate your viewpoint.

edited because evidently I cannot string together a coherent thought tonight. Sheesh.