#1 Posted by Marvel_Beats_DC (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Location is Asgard, WW has all proper equipment for breathing, and it does not affect her battle.

Round 1: No Prep, need the other to be beaten down.

Round 2: 1 day prep, need to immobilize the other

Round 3: 2 days prep, need to kill the other

No allies can be called upon.

All characters are in their normal form.

#2 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Norse Gods All Rounds!

#3 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

odin solos all rounds.

#4 Posted by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

So Odin vs Zeus?

#5 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (845 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin Solos both rounds ! DC skyfathers don't stack up to Marvel Skyfathers in the raw power category !

#6 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini:

actually DC's zeus is quite powerful, more powerful than marvel's.

#7 Posted by Marvel_Beats_DC (20 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_beats_dc: WW and Thor are pointless here. Whoever wins between Zeus and Odin will wreck either of the other two. And what versions of these characters? Zeus hasn't appeared in the New 52 yet.

#9 Posted by theancientking (66 posts) - - Show Bio

would prep really matter in this fight i mean either way it would become a slug fest

#10 Posted by Shadowseeker2 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians crush the Greek wimps!!!

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: He has no feats to suggest he is more powerful than Marvel's.

#12 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

he has.

he did defeat the source along with 2 skyfathers in as shown in the death of the new gods.

also a 1985 bio pretty much compares him to abstracts, stating that destiny of the endless is the only one who was able to resist Zeus' limitless power:

i am not aware of any on panel encounter between zeus and destiny though, so if anyone is, id like him/her to reference an issue.

Though it's also revealed that darkseid was able to conquer the whole olympus, so there's that. In conclusion, Marvel's odin has way better consistent feats than either Zeus (be it dc or marvel), so he solos.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh more to do with the fact that marvel Zeus has no feat to suggest he has done anything significant.

I would disagree with rolldestroyer on the Death of New God instance, because as much as I respect Starlin, that was a pretty weird total retcon of what Source is anyways, and i dont think that story was even canon. Every new gods died in Death of New Gods, including Darkseid, yet we see both Orion and Darkseid alive in Countdown and it doesnt fit the cronology well.

The destiny part i have no clue, heck i didn't even know DC had bios :p, that sounds pretty cool really. Only if Zeus had any real feat, worthy of skyfather, it would have been nice. Heck Thanos has much better feats than Zeus, and so does Ultron to be honest, unless we try and drag the whole Zeus being superior to Posiedon and him actually having some cool feats (not even remotely on the same ball park as Odin).

I think marvel just made a decision, we are gonna wank the hell out of Odin, and give him feats to dwarf anything any other gods have done and see what happens :p

But at the end of the day totally agree with this

odin solos all rounds.

And this wouldnt change for me even if they had Thor on the other side, alongside a couple of extra heavy hitters on the same weight class.

#14 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i keep forgetting about that, for some reason.

The destiny part i have no clue, heck i didn't even know DC had bios :p, that sounds pretty cool really.

the bios are called Who's who. Unfortunately, they only ran from 1985 till 1992, to my knowledge.

personally, i see marvel bios as being more accurate.

#15 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Odin and Thor.

Far as I've notice DC Zues hasn't done anything compared to what Marvel Odin has done.

#16 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardians

#17 Posted by dondave (38907 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#18 Posted by IIXIIOIIXII (41 posts) - - Show Bio

The Asgardians since Odins a more powerful skyfather

#19 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin solos

#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I can understand, apart from the questionable canonity, which well i can live with, i think i would question the new power level of the source and how it was potrayed. Even in full form not being able to beat Soul Fire amped Dark Seid, which wasnt anywhere close to as big a boost as one would expect Darkseid would need to even hang with the source.

I recall someone mentioning even Lucifer being scared of source?? perhaps you could comment on that.

#21 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@rolldestroyer: I can understand, apart from the questionable canonity, which well i can live with, i think i would question the new power level of the source and how it was potrayed. Even in full form not being able to beat Soul Fire amped Dark Seid, which wasnt anywhere close to as big a boost as one would expect Darkseid would need to even hang with the source.

I recall someone mentioning even Lucifer being scared of source?? perhaps you could comment on that.

soul fire darkseid was impressive, we know for a fact that the anti life equation is insignificant compared to soul fire

another important note: their battle was cutting through the fabric of reality to the bleed:

id say that's pretty impressive.

regarding the source, i don't think it was ever mentioned that lucifer is afraid of the source, in fact when he met it, he ignored it, lucifer #12:

but in spectre v3 #58, the source is apparently the same as god, how do i know that? the source literally grants spectre the power of God to show him its nature (right to left)

and that's no surprise considering the source has been called The one above all:

(edited the post to show a better reference)

this is just one reference, there are many more.

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Marvel_Beats_DC (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: not necessarily, if zues is weakened by Odin, but somehow manages to take him out I'd say thor (with WW out of the way) could beat zues. Or visa versa

#24 Posted by Pokeysteve (8699 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvel_beats_dc:

Why would Wonder Woman be out of the way. I'd argue she could beat Thor any day. Even a weakened Zeus should be too much for Thor.

#25 Posted by Marvel_Beats_DC (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: for 1, I'd love to see Wonder Woman beat thor (not gonna argue).

2, I said and visa versa, that means it could also go the other way around