debate!

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ximpossibrux

Full powered Galactus would still stomp.

FULL POWERED GALACTUS.......

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

Sigh this is Current lvls then Yes Galactus would Curbstomp.  

A better fight would have been Classic Dormammu and Odin. Dormammu and Odin back in the Classic Days greated/destroyed Galaxies. Classic Dormammu killed Killed Eternity from the Feats I seen. Classic Dormammu along with Umar foguht Zom and survived until LT himself dealt with Zom. Dormammu created the Hell Lord Satannish who is = to Mephisto as a Hell Lord and Mephisto in turn is Equal to a raging Galactus in his realm.  

Classic Dormammu and Classic Odin are boss. Also we have NEVER seen a fully powered Galactus, So theres no real way to judge his limit except he is on par and never excedes the power of Eternity or Death. So if Dormammu can kill Eternity than thats a good judge how he could deal with Galactus. In his own Realm he is even more boss.  

So unless we have a Classic Version this is totally in Galactus Favore.
FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By FourthDeity

@CadenceV2 said:

Sigh this is Current lvls then Yes Galactus would Curbstomp. A better fight would have been Classic Dormammu and Odin. Dormammu and Odin back in the Classic Days greated/destroyed Galaxies. Classic Dormammu killed Killed Eternity from the Feats I seen. Classic Dormammu along with Umar foguht Zom and survived until LT himself dealt with Zom. Dormammu created the Hell Lord Satannish who is = to Mephisto as a Hell Lord and Mephisto in turn is Equal to a raging Galactus in his realm. Classic Dormammu and Classic Odin are boss. Also we have NEVER seen a fully powered Galactus, So theres no real way to judge his limit except he is on par and never excedes the power of Eternity or Death. So if Dormammu can kill Eternity than thats a good judge how he could deal with Galactus. In his own Realm he is even more boss. So unless we have a Classic Version this is totally in Galactus Favore.

^This

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Freefa11

@CadenceV2 said:

Also we have NEVER seen a fully powered Galactus

Galactus was at full power during the attack on Thanos during Infinity Gauntlet. It's shown in one of the Silver Surfer tie-ins.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fondofpacman

Don't know about current versions, but classic Dormammu would likely kill fully fed Galactus from what I've seen. Also, when you think about it, Dorm likely commands all the power of the Dark Dimension, while Galactus obviously doesn't have a whole universe of power at his command.

@CadenceV2 said:

Also we have NEVER seen a fully powered Galactus, So theres no real way to judge his limit except he is on par and never excedes the power of Eternity or Death. So if Dormammu can kill Eternity than thats a good judge how he could deal with Galactus. In his own Realm he is even more boss. So unless we have a Classic Version this is totally in Galactus Favore.

Dormammu didn't kill Eternity, but he did, however, seemingly incapacitate him (and himself) with a massive kamikaze attack--but still, it was no prep and it's a feat Galactus would never be able to match.

And Galactus is not on par with Eternity, not by a longshot. Eternity is the most powerful abstract, Galactus is just a high-level cosmic powerhouse who's presence is useful/necessary to the universe...I'd say Galactus is below all abstracts, but maybe close to lower level ones like Lord Chaos and the InBetweener. And this is far from official, but there's sort of a tacit hierarchy established by the order of characters Thanos fights in Infinity Gauntlet, and Galactus is placed in the group with high level cosmics and low level abstracts, and Thanos seemed to struggle more with Eternity than everyone else he battled combined.

The Stranger's power is supposedly that of a fully fed Galactus, so if you ever wanted a good range of fully-fed Galactus' strength, then look up comics with the Stranger (he appears pretty rarely however).

And Odin is strong, enough to do a little damage to fully-fed Galactus perhaps, but he's never depicted fighting abstracts like Eternity and was no threat to the 4th host of Celestials, so he's mostly inconsequential to this fight.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Almighty_Darkseid

dormammu solos with ease

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist
@fondofpacman
Um the three faces of LT is Galactus, Death, and Eternity. They are Equals. Eternity is the main guy but is Partners with Death and without Galactus Abarax would come into being and Eternity be screwed. LT/Phoenix Force> Galactus/Eternity/Death  http://marvel.com/universe/Eternity 

There really around the same Power Level thus those three make up the 3 faces of LT. http://marvel.com/universe/Living_Tribunal the 3 main aspects of any Marvel Universe.
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fondofpacman

@CadenceV2: I still don't see anything that puts big G on Eternity's level as far as power goes. You won't find Eternity getting hurt by Thor or running away from the ultimate nullifier, he's a representation of the whole universe (some say omniverse if there's no multi-eternity)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pokergeist
@fondofpacman
Um Eternity is (this is a Fact) a Single Universe being. There is Suppose to be a Eternity and Death Omniverse Being but I have to research that. But Eternity is simply a single top 3 power of any single Marvel Universe. Dormammu killed one.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Grand Ninja

@fondofpacman said:

@CadenceV2: I still don't see anything that puts big G on Eternity's level as far as power goes. You won't find Eternity getting hurt by Thor or running away from the ultimate nullifier, he's a representation of the whole universe (some say omniverse if there's no multi-eternity)

Not the omniverse. Btw, Galactus basically lives inside of Eternity and without the planets Eternity's body offers, Galactus would have starved to death a long time ago... Just pointing that out.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fondofpacman

@CadenceV2: Dorm didn't kill him if you're referring to that classic Dr. Strange story arc. And although I also believe Eternity's avatar represents a single universe, it's been proposed in other threads where people discuss the concept of mult-Eternity that there's only one Eternity avatar for all universes.

Edit: Also, please refer to these old battles if you want more discussion on Galactus' power relative to Eternity's:

Eternity vs Galactus

Eternity vs Galactus vs Odin

Eternity vs Galactus vs blah blah

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grand Ninja

@fondofpacman: I wanted to add that the Multiverse doesn't include realities like the Dark Dimension, Choas Dimension etc... It does however include Asgard, Hell etc. etc...

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

isn't odin powerful enough to make galactus vanish?

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fondofpacman

@Grand Ninja: Yeah, the multiverse is supposed to be closer dimensions to the 616 universe, the omniverse includes all universes, even those not parallel to 616. The Dark Dimension is obviously not an alternate reality of 616, and the Chaos Dimension is supposedly on the periphery of reality (if that's where Strange fights Shuma in the Strange Tales Vol. 2 story arc)

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fondofpacman

@deadpool6_6_6: I don't think Odin could ever do much to Galactus unless he was starving.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pokergeist
@fondofpacman
I refer to the official Cannon of Marvels Wikia. People can dicuss and slice it how they want doesnt change the official Bios. Death and Eternity are Partners not one better than the other and Galactus is held on the same lvl cause without him Eternity and Death are screwed. They make up the 3 Faces of LT for that reason. Now looking at your post I think your ... agreeing?

Also as GrandNinja pointed out some Realms Exist outside of the Marvel Universe and can be applied to many Universes like the Dark Dimension and N-Zone.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grand Ninja

@fondofpacman said:

@Grand Ninja: Yeah, the multiverse is supposed to be closer dimensions to the 616 universe, the omniverse includes all universes, even those not parallel to 616. The Dark Dimension is obviously not an alternate reality of 616, and the Chaos Dimension is supposedly on the periphery of reality (if that's where Strange fights Shuma in the Strange Tales Vol. 2 story arc)

Yes, and Dormammu has the ability to effortlessly walk around the "omniverse" when he went to visit the Multiverse Sphere from his Dark Dimension. Some people need to remember that Galactus can't even travel around the omniverse without some kind of subsistence to keep him fed and welly vital. They need to remember that Galactus weakens as time goes by and through his everyday activity like flying around etc just kind of like how mortals get weaker as the day progresses without food.

In a sense..... Galactus IS mortal....

That is compared to Eterntiy and Dormammu who don't need any such subsistence to be well or kept alive.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fondofpacman

@CadenceV2: You've shown no evidence to suggest that they're equal in power, only that they both represent necessities in the universe. By your logic, Antman is as strong as Thor because they both represent 2 parts of the 4 founding members of the Avengers.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pokergeist

Well Let me put it to you this way and by your logic, Venom need Brock to Survive and lives within him, but does that make Eddie (or now Flash) stronger than the Symbiot?! Just putting it that way.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@deadpool6_6_6 said:

isn't odin powerful enough to make galactus vanish?

No.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Enosisik

Galactus is the combination of Galan and the Eternity of the Universe before this. Galactus can do roughly anything at full power.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fondofpacman

@CadenceV2: My logic is simply that if Eternity and Galactus fought for whatever reason, I'm very confidant Eternity would win, even if Galactus was fighting him in neutral space so as to not destroy himself upon winning. Although, I also agree with the notion that Galactus still needs a universe in which to exist even more than Eternity needs Galactus to keep Abraxis away or whatever, although that wasn't my main point. Eternity is the highest abstract, but obviously below the LT, and there are few other things that can match him with no prep that aren't one-shot story arcs like the Beyonder or InfinityGauntlet.

By the way, what comic revealed Galactus as the role of Equity...just asking for my own reference, I'm not denying the Marvel wiki.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grand Ninja

@Enosisik said:

Galactus is the combination of Galan and the Eternity of the Universe before this. Galactus can do roughly anything at full power.

Not combination, he is just Galan who absorbed all of the power of the previous universe when it condensed into the Cosmic Egg. That previous universe power, he names it "The Power Cosmics". The previous universe was much smaller than 616 anyway so there's no way that Galan with the Power Cosmics of the previous universe more powerful than an expanded Eternity.

1 = One = Eternity = as the Multiverse

countless of Galactus up to hundreds of trillions in each of Eternity's universes.

One Eternity

Multiple Galactus's

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fondofpacman

@Grand Ninja: That's all I was saying before about the Eternitys...some people think there's an Eternity avatar for each universe, others think there's only one avatar of Eternity for the omniverse, even if that one avatar is only as strong as the universe he's in or something.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokergeist
@Grand Ninja:  
 Everytime the Phoenix destroys and Creats a Universe it makes a new Eternity, Galactus, ect. phoenix Actually created Galactus not Eternity. Thats stated in his and Phoenix Bio as well.  

@fondofpacman:   
No clue I think it would be found in either F4 Comics or Inffinity Gaunlet Comics. one of those 2 I think.
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fondofpacman

Wait, so the Phoenix force is supposed to be responsible for creating universes nowadays, not just protecting the M'Kran crystal? That's a bad move on Marvel's part, I think that'll ruin a lot of continuity, like the Sise-neg story in Marvel Premier.

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grand Ninja

@CadenceV2 said:

@Grand Ninja: Everytime the Phoenix destroys and Creats a Universe it makes a new Eternity, Galactus, ect. phoenix Actually created Galactus not Eternity. Thats stated in his and Phoenix Bio as well. @fondofpacman: No clue I think it would be found in either F4 Comics or Inffinity Gaunlet Comics. one of those 2 I think.

Well, the old universe ended right after Sise-Neg reconned the entire Marvel continuity into 616. Phenoix is also a necessity of that balance however, Dormammu is still older than Galactus because he is not a part of Eternity.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist
@Grand Ninja
Dormammu is older is new to me and that makes alot of sense. Im in the process trying to figure out What Dimensions and Entities are older than the 616 Universe. Sems the dark Dimension is older as is Dormammu and Umar. The Fear Lords as well as all the Hell Lords (Lucefer is a fat ???) are after the Universe Began. All the Sky Fathers and Half the Hell Lords are after the Eldar Gods who came After the New universe was made. Celestials are after the new Universe it seems as are the Watchers. Beyonder, Korvac and other Cosmic Cube entities are ???.  Vishanti are made of a Eldar God and her offspring and some other uber Magical entity so they are after the New Universe. Set and Chthon are Eldar gods so afetr.... 

So farthe only uber beings in the 616 Universe that are mutliversal and Older than the 616 is Zom, Dormammu, Umar, and maybe the N-Zone, and maybe Lucifer and every other Angel. 
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fondofpacman

@CadenceV2: Hoggoth of the Vishanti could be older than the Universe, I'm not sure as I think he belongs to a different universe originally (Oshtur met him while exploring the omniverse I believe), but you're correct about Oshtur and Aggomotto definitely being conceived after the 616 Universe was created (although i think Aggamotto might represent something that predates his birth somehow). I also agree that Zom is extremely old, and I remember reading that the Dark Dimension was also extremly old, and if Dormammu is older than 616, than the Faltine Universe must be older than 616 as well.

Shuma-Gorath is also likely older than 616 since he traveled to there before the dawn of man on Earth (before being moved to Conan's age by Sise-neg), and considering that Shuma cannot ever die, some might argue that he just always existed, but that's only speculation on my part. Members of the Octessense, like Cyttorak, Watoomb, Raggador, and Valpor, may well predate the 616 Universe as well, but there's little info on them so who knows. Actually, lots of Dr. Strange villans could be older than the 616 universe since most of them dwell in separate universes to begin with.

Avatar image for mrbossawesomedude
MrBossAwesomeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chuck Norris wins this one.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokergeist
@fondofpacman
I totally forgot Shuma Gorath and good to know how Oshtur came into theVishanti.
a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By a88378438

BIG G EASily

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Freefa11

@fondofpacman: I believe Galactus' role relative to Eternity and Death was revealed during Starlin's run on Silver Surfer. I'll see if I can find the issues, if you need them, but I think the culmination of that arc was when Galactus battled the In-Betweener.

@CadenceV2: Galactus being of equal cosmic importance as Eternity and Death does not mean they are all equal in actual power. That fat slug thing in Infinity Abyss (Atlez?) was significantly more important than all 3 of them, and yet, he was nearly killed by a couple of Thanos clones.

To use another analogy; gravity and electromagnetism are both fundamental forces of the universe, the other two being the strong and weak nuclear forces. All 4 are needed for matter and the universe to exist as we know it, but they are by no means equal in strength.

Nessy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nessy

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/dormammu-vs-galactus/591962/

Back then everyone knew that galactus would dominate dormammu. Not sure why everyone these days seems so clueless on this forum.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fondofpacman

@Freefa11: If it's not a lot of trouble for you to look, I'd appreciate it, otherwise don't bother, I'll just google Galactus and InBetweener and work back from there. I actually think I've got about 2 Silver Surfer comics in total, any story arc in particular you'd recommend?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By nefarious

Galactus.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

dormammu solos with ease

not that easy.

Avatar image for onedoesnotsimplywalkintomordor
OneDoesNotSimplyWalkIntoMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nessy said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/dormammu-vs-galactus/591962/

Back then everyone knew that galactus would dominate dormammu. Not sure why everyone these days seems so clueless on this forum.

One did not simply pay attention to Dormammu back then until after Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Afterall, most of Dormammu's feats was back in the 60's and 70's. Most readers these days didn't even know that Dormammu fought Eternity millions of times since the beginning of the universe and that Dormammu or at least the Fualtins are older than Eternity.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Freefa11

@fondofpacman: It looks like it actually goes back to Silver Surfer v3 #6, by Steve Englehart. It is an arc that involves the Elders of the Universe attempting to kill Galactus, apparently for no other reason than that he is older than them. The story starts in SS 4 and runs through SS10, although a few issues focus more on the Kree.

There is a follow up arc that occurs shortly afterwards, starting in SS Annual 1 and running from SS 15-18 that involves the SS teaming up with the FF to save Galactus, and SS 18 is the issue where Big G fights the Inbetweener, which expands a little more on what Englehart wrote earlier.

There honestly aren't a lot of SS storyarcs that I found very memorable or compelling. The ones I just mentioned I mainly remember because of their importance to the Marvel cosmology, but the stories themselves I thought were only okay (and the motivation of the Elders seems silly, to say the least). Overall I think the issues from when Starlin comes in, to the end of Infinity Gauntlet are worth reading (so 34-59), and an arc called "The Herald Ordeal", from issues 70-75, which is the arc that involves all the previous heralds teaming up to combat an amped up Morg. I also liked the Tyrant arc, that ran from 79-82 (with Tyrant himself mainly being only in 82).

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist
@Nessy
Galactus DOES beat Dormammu, its current versions. If ya been reading we were discussing Classic Dormammu beating Galactus cause he ahs for a fact better showings and could only be defeated by Classic Strange who was >>>>> to Big G.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist
@Freefa11:  
SS never seem to interesting to me. I like how he has Comsic size Battles but mostly it seem him being pursued by Mephisto a supernatural being. Struck me odd. Lets revolve a Cosmic hero of the Stars against a Hell Lord. I guess it proves yet again Marvels Magic Community (Vishanti, Nightmare, Mephisto, Dormammu, Odin, Gaia) are as powerful as the Cosmic side.
@Nessy:  
Galactus does beat Current Dormammu, were not questioning that. Were saying Classic Dormammu had better feats, less defeats, and overall older and more powerful than Galactus.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bigcimmerian

@fondofpacman said:

@deadpool6_6_6: I don't think Odin could ever do much to Galactus unless he was starving.

I think that Odin>starving Galactus

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bigcimmerian

What is Cyttorak's power level? Is he on skyfather level, Eternity' s level or Galactus level? I've read somewhere that Cyttorak>Living Tribunal

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pokergeist
@BigCimmerian said:

What is Cyttorak's power level? Is he on skyfather level, Eternity' s level or Galactus level? I've read somewhere that Cyttorak>Living Tribunal

Oh hell no. Hes barely Vishanti lvl. I even put him slightly lower than Hell lord lvl. More like LT/Phoenix>Eternity/Galactus/Death> Vishanti/Dormammu>HellLords/FearLords/Cyttorak
cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cliffrice

@CadenceV2 said:

Sigh this is Current lvls then Yes Galactus would Curbstomp. A better fight would have been Classic Dormammu and Odin. Dormammu and Odin back in the Classic Days greated/destroyed Galaxies. Classic Dormammu killed Killed Eternity from the Feats I seen. Classic Dormammu along with Umar foguht Zom and survived until LT himself dealt with Zom. Dormammu created the Hell Lord Satannish who is = to Mephisto as a Hell Lord and Mephisto in turn is Equal to a raging Galactus in his realm. Classic Dormammu and Classic Odin are boss. Also we have NEVER seen a fully powered Galactus, So theres no real way to judge his limit except he is on par and never excedes the power of Eternity or Death. So if Dormammu can kill Eternity than thats a good judge how he could deal with Galactus. In his own Realm he is even more boss. So unless we have a Classic Version this is totally in Galactus Favore.

Well Dormy could BFR galactus to the dark dimension than fight him on more even terms.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pokergeist
@cliffrice
LOL that is true. But then Galactus would just eat his realm like he did to Mephisto when Big G couldnt win. LOL
cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cliffrice

Well considering that Dormy can create Maphisto level beings and can take on the likes of eternity i think he might have more juice than mephisto.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By fondofpacman

@Freefa11: Thanks for taking the time to dig that info up, appreciate it. I oddly enough already have the first issue of the Morg series you mentioned.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fondofpacman

@BigCimmerian: Try to understand, there are some rabid...rabid Juggernaut/Cyttorak fans here who think of Cyttorak as being nearly unbeatable, but I guess that's part of the point of the character, unstopability / indestructibility. Regardless of the entity himself, Cyttorak's spells could be among the strongest in Marvel comics, for example, in the first appearance of the Living Tribunal, the spell that Classic Strange and LT used to attack each other was the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which might be Doc's most frequently used spell in history. But in Cyttorak's own realm (where he's supposed to be omnipotent) during the infinity crisis arc...which may have been the character's first full appearance, Cyttorak was beaten by his own avatar Juggernaut, which is both a poor showing on his part and a plot turn that's so stupid that Cyttorak fans will dismiss it an non-cannon, and it's hard to blame them.

In the end, he's just a principality with very good spells, but to assess his actual strength, the truth is that there just aren't enough stories featuring the actual character to know for sure. I'd roughly put him on the level with the other characters that Dr. Strange invokes, probably stronger than the likes of Satanish, but maybe a little weaker than the Vishanti.