#1 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight takes place: Keystone City (night)

Rules:

- Morals off

- Pre-reboot versions of both

- Combatants start 500 metres apart

- Win via KO, Kill or BFR

VS

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (16726 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm good one

#3 Edited by beatboks1 (7893 posts) - - Show Bio

this should be good speed force v shadowlands

#4 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

This is going to be good.

#7 Edited by XLR87T3 (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting on Obsidian for the win against this speed-freak!

#8 Posted by Wardemon32 (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets go Wally!

#9 Posted by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok , sorry i was un-responseive , im back now , you go first

#10 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok , sorry i was un-responseive , im back now , you go first

Sure thing.

#11 Posted by dondave (39870 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good

#12 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

First and foremost, Wally won't be able to hit or touch Obsidian, due to him being made up of pure shadows:

And because he's pure shadow, Wally can't vibrate his molecules back into tangible like he can Martian Manhunter, so he doesn't really have any way to get his hands on Obsidian.

Not to mention Wally can't Speed Steal Obsidian due to the fact that shadows don't produce any kinetic energy and Obie can summon shadows with just a thought regardless:

And he can produce his shadows at the speed of light to Wally into the Shadowlands:

Obie could weaken him down using a virtually endless army of shadow monsters, too:

Basically, while Obsidian might have a hard time catching Wally, Wally can't hurt Obsidian. All Todd has to do is sit back, spawn his shadow army and wait until he has an opportunity to BFR Wally into the Shadowlands.

The fight is essentially a countdown until death for Wally.

#14 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

First and foremost, Wally won't be able to hit or touch Obsidian, due to him being made up of pure shadows:

Well this is true but Obe won't really be able to touch wally either , also , im curious , since wally cant really hurt him , are you allowing him to use a flashlight or any other light source ? , It is also worth noting that , if the fight begins with obe in shadow form or not , because if not , wally would hit him god knows how many times before he can even think to turn intangible

And because he's pure shadow, Wally can't vibrate his molecules back into tangible like he can Martian Manhunter, so he doesn't really have any way to get his hands on Obsidian.

Not to mention Wally can't Speed Steal Obsidian due to the fact that shadows don't produce any kinetic energy and Obie can summon shadows with just a thought regardless:

But , he can vibrate out of a shadow attack And he can steal energy from shadow monsters

And he can produce his shadows at the speed of light to Wally into the Shadowlands:

Wally is way faster than light

Obie could weaken him down using a virtually endless army of shadow monsters, too:

Thats true but due to the nature of the shadow monsters , Wally wont have any trouble destroying them.

Basically, while Obsidian might have a hard time catching Wally, Wally can't hurt Obsidian. All Todd has to do is sit back, spawn his shadow army and wait until he has an opportunity to BFR Wally into the Shadowlands.

Like i said before , wally would have little difficulty defeating a handful of shadow monsters in seemingly no time at all , and to mention , todd cant spawn them forever and when todd is out of energy , wally can build up speed and use IMP , but this is only if todd doesn't maintain his intangible form.

#16 Posted by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

Well this is true but Obe won't really be able to touch wally either , also , im curious , since wally cant really hurt him , are you allowing him to use a flashlight or any other light source ? , It is also worth noting that , if the fight begins with obe in shadow form or not , because if not , wally would hit him god knows how many times before he can even think to turn intangible

But , he can vibrate out of a shadow attack And he can steal energy from shadow monsters

Thats true but due to the nature of the shadow monsters , Wally wont have any trouble destroying them.

Like i said before , wally would have little difficulty defeating a handful of shadow monsters in seemingly no time at all , and to mention , todd cant spawn them forever and when todd is out of energy , wally can build up speed and use IMP , but this is only if todd doesn't maintain his intangible form.

Yeah, we're assuming Todd is in his shadow form. Just like we'd assume Batman is wearing his suit and Hal Jordan has his ring.

Anyway, I'm going out now, I'll respond to you once I get back.

#17 Edited by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok

#18 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder said:

@comicstooge said:

I guess there's no reason why Flash can't grab something like a flashlight, but I don't see why it would help fighting someone like Obsidian. He has fought the likes of Alan Scott and Kyle Rayner and their light constructs didn't bother him in the least.

And Obie can fight in direct sunlight:

Obsidian can also turn Wally's fears against him effectively rendering him harmless, or blind him (as he did in the scans above) as soon as he gets his hands on him.

Obsidian spawns shadow monsters by turning people into them. He could easily turn the whole population of Keystone city (a few million people, I believe) against Wally. And true, it wouldn't take Flash long to dispatch them all, it's more time for Todd to act.

Todd's shadows can expand across the entire planet:

I know Wally is the fastest character in comics, but I don't see how he can escape that without BFRing himself (which would constitute a win for Obie).

And in regards to Obsidian's stamina, I have honestly never seen him worn out at all, especially not in darkness or at night.

Not to mention that, if by some miracle Flash does manage to hit Obie with an IMP, it won't do much more then slow him down, considering he's been completely obliterated by the lightning of Shazam and he reformed only a few moments later:

After he engulfs the whole planet in darkness, Obsidian will basically be omnipresent and everywhere. Wally's only option will be to BFR himself or continue running until he tires himself out, then he'll be left to Obsidian's mercy.

#19 Posted by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry but by pre-reboot do yo mean , before new-52 , golden age , silver age..ect?

#20 Posted by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sorry but by pre-reboot do yo mean , before new-52 , golden age , silver age..ect?

Before the New-52.

#21 Edited by spiderbuck (2462 posts) - - Show Bio

Obsidian pwns Flash

#22 Posted by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: Anyway dude, I've said pretty such all I wanted to say for this thread I think, I'll allow you to have the last word, if you wish.

#23 Posted by Dredeuced (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

Obsidian pwns Flash

I think you don't understand the point of Viner vs Viner threads.

#24 Posted by dondave (39870 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be good

#25 Edited by logy5000 (6828 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the games begin.

#26 Posted by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder: Anyway dude, I've said pretty such all I wanted to say for this thread I think, I'll allow you to have the last word, if you wish.

OK , I had a lot more to say but , ok , I had a fun time debating.

#27 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

You can say as much as you want, dude. You can make the final argument pretty much, because I've made all mine.

#28 Posted by NighThunder (5501 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder said:

You can say as much as you want, dude. You can make the final argument pretty much, because I've made all mine.

oh , right ok.

Well , to be honest i can't come up with a way for wally to beat obie. I concede defeat.

#29 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

wait

wat

obsidian is intangible

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

I DON'T GET IT

0/10 style points

comicstooge wins

#31 Edited by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

wait

wat

obsidian is intangible

THIS MAKES NO SENSE

I DON'T GET IT

0/10 style points

comicstooge wins

Yeah, it mightn't be exactly fair, but unless your name starts with 'Alan' and ends in 'Scott', you might be out of luck facing an angry Obsidian.

#32 Posted by Dredeuced (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

ComicStooge was obviously the superior debater, here.

#33 Posted by dondave (39870 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone finally beat the mighty Wally West. If its not clear ComicStooge gets my vote

#34 Posted by ComicStooge (16674 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, with the votes I'm getting all these votes and that my opponent himself admitted defeat, I hope it isn't arrogant to celebrate my victory.

Todd really is a great anti-speedster character.

#35 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally found a character than can beat Wally, lol.

#36 Posted by Dratini1331 (7145 posts) - - Show Bio

Obie's intangibility makes speed kinda moot =/ Seems like a case of RPS to me. Comicstooge gets my vote