#1 Posted by coolguyr99 (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

Both at peak.

Morals off.

#2 Posted by JediXMan (32245 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan, no contest.

#3 Posted by phoenix654 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Obi-Wan beat Maul, Grevious AND Anakin Skywalker, while Kit Fisto (or Rasta Fly as the RiffTrax guys call him) died in 3 seconds to Sidious, I think Obi-Wan can be said to be a far better duelist. I agree with JediXMan, Obi wins, no contest.

#4 Posted by GodOfMischief (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Kit Fitso hasn't really done anything that impressive to put himself up against Obi-Wan. I think Obi-Wan takes this pretty easily.

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenix654 said:

Considering Obi-Wan beat Maul, Grevious AND Anakin Skywalker, while Kit Fisto (or Rasta Fly as the RiffTrax guys call him) died in 3 seconds to Sidious, I think Obi-Wan can be said to be a far better duelist. I agree with JediXMan, Obi wins, no contest.

Kit isn't and wasn't the only Jedi to die to Sidious that fast, there's no shame in losing to the greatest Sith or Jedi anywhere. Obi didn't go up against Sidious, thankfully Yoda prevented that from happening. Also, Obi knew everything about Ani's abilities, fighting style, etc, so I would be surprised if he didn't win against him. Not that I think Kit takes this.

#6 Posted by Obtrusive (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Im biased on this one to, but obi wan.

#7 Posted by MasterJohn (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see, a Sorseu Master vs a Shii-Cho master. I'l go with the Sorseu Master. So, Obi-Wan.

#8 Edited by ShootingNova (20838 posts) - - Show Bio

What is going on?

Kit Fisto is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho.

Obi-Wan is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho, Form III: Soresu, has proficiency in Form IV: Ataru, Form VI: Niman, and has basic knowledge and skill in using Form V: Shien.

Not to mention Obi-Wan has superior skill overall and experience. He's charged into entire armies' worth of blaster fire.

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

Kit isn't and wasn't the only Jedi to die to Sidious that fast, there's no shame in losing to the greatest Sith or Jedi anywhere. Obi didn't go up against Sidious, thankfully Yoda prevented that from happening. Also, Obi knew everything about Ani's abilities, fighting style, etc, so I would be surprised if he didn't win against him. Not that I think Kit takes this.

The thing is, that's irrelevant. Obi-Wan would be incapable of reacting (or even seeing Sidious) before Sidious blitzes him, so there's no point in discussing this.

#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6791 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

What is going on?

Obi-Wan is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho, Form III: Soresu, has proficiency in Form IV: Ataru, Form VI: Niman, and has basic knowledge and skill in using Form V: Shien.

Not to mention Obi-Wan has superior skill overall and experience. He's charged into entire armies' worth of blaster fire.

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

The thing is, that's irrelevant. Obi-Wan would be incapable of reacting (or even seeing Sidious) before Sidious blitzes him, so there's no point in discussing this.

The poster was using Fisto losing to Sidious in 3 seconds, I think it's relevant to state that Obi wouldn't have lasted long either.

#10 Posted by ShootingNova (20838 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: It wasn't three seconds. The movie just made it look like that, but it was prior to Windu even reacting, and Windu can react in far less than 3 seconds.

Yes, Obi-Wan would have died in less than a second.

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20928 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

He has spoken. Anything else said short of Silver is automatically invalidated.

"Be water my friend"

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19271 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan has this.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (32245 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@ShootingNova said:

What is going on?

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

The poster was using Fisto losing to Sidious in 3 seconds, I think it's relevant to state that Obi wouldn't have lasted long either.

Kit Fisto lasted longer than everybody else except for Mace Windu. The guy does deserve some credit.

That said, Obi-Wan might last... a second or two longer. I only say that because his specialty is, after all, Soresu - a defensive style. I could see him holding out a tiny bit longer, but he's not winning by any means. It's hardly worth mentioning.

@phoenix654 said:

Maul and Anakin both lost due to their own respective stupidity. Both were overconfident. Maul was clearly the better fighter in their fight, and Anakin was evenly matched with him.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

Listen to this man.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (20838 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

"Be water my friend"

Yep.

@JediXMan said:

That said, Obi-Wan might last... a second or two longer. I only say that because his specialty is, after all, Soresu - a defensive style. I could see him holding out a tiny bit longer, but he's not winning by any means. It's hardly worth mentioning.

I doubt it. Sidious can take him in less than a second.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (32245 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

Obi-Wan is a vastly better duelist than Kit, and Kit lasted more than a second. So I don't see any reason as to why Obi-Wan wouldn't be able to match or better his time.

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (20838 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: If you're referring to the movie.

Otherwise, counting the EU, Sidious murdered the masters before Windu could react, and Windu can react in less than a second.