Obi-Wan, no contest.

phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phoenix654

Considering Obi-Wan beat Maul, Grevious AND Anakin Skywalker, while Kit Fisto (or Rasta Fly as the RiffTrax guys call him) died in 3 seconds to Sidious, I think Obi-Wan can be said to be a far better duelist. I agree with JediXMan, Obi wins, no contest.

GodOfMischief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GodOfMischief

Kit Fitso hasn't really done anything that impressive to put himself up against Obi-Wan. I think Obi-Wan takes this pretty easily.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xanni15

@phoenix654 said:

Considering Obi-Wan beat Maul, Grevious AND Anakin Skywalker, while Kit Fisto (or Rasta Fly as the RiffTrax guys call him) died in 3 seconds to Sidious, I think Obi-Wan can be said to be a far better duelist. I agree with JediXMan, Obi wins, no contest.

Kit isn't and wasn't the only Jedi to die to Sidious that fast, there's no shame in losing to the greatest Sith or Jedi anywhere. Obi didn't go up against Sidious, thankfully Yoda prevented that from happening. Also, Obi knew everything about Ani's abilities, fighting style, etc, so I would be surprised if he didn't win against him. Not that I think Kit takes this.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Obtrusive

Im biased on this one to, but obi wan.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MasterJohn

Lets see, a Sorseu Master vs a Shii-Cho master. I'l go with the Sorseu Master. So, Obi-Wan.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

What is going on?

Kit Fisto is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho.

Obi-Wan is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho, Form III: Soresu, has proficiency in Form IV: Ataru, Form VI: Niman, and has basic knowledge and skill in using Form V: Shien.

Not to mention Obi-Wan has superior skill overall and experience. He's charged into entire armies' worth of blaster fire.

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

Kit isn't and wasn't the only Jedi to die to Sidious that fast, there's no shame in losing to the greatest Sith or Jedi anywhere. Obi didn't go up against Sidious, thankfully Yoda prevented that from happening. Also, Obi knew everything about Ani's abilities, fighting style, etc, so I would be surprised if he didn't win against him. Not that I think Kit takes this.

The thing is, that's irrelevant. Obi-Wan would be incapable of reacting (or even seeing Sidious) before Sidious blitzes him, so there's no point in discussing this.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By Xanni15

@ShootingNova said:

What is going on?

Obi-Wan is a master of Form I: Shii-Cho, Form III: Soresu, has proficiency in Form IV: Ataru, Form VI: Niman, and has basic knowledge and skill in using Form V: Shien.

Not to mention Obi-Wan has superior skill overall and experience. He's charged into entire armies' worth of blaster fire.

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

The thing is, that's irrelevant. Obi-Wan would be incapable of reacting (or even seeing Sidious) before Sidious blitzes him, so there's no point in discussing this.

The poster was using Fisto losing to Sidious in 3 seconds, I think it's relevant to state that Obi wouldn't have lasted long either.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@Xanni15: It wasn't three seconds. The movie just made it look like that, but it was prior to Windu even reacting, and Windu can react in far less than 3 seconds.

Yes, Obi-Wan would have died in less than a second.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

He has spoken. Anything else said short of Silver is automatically invalidated.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Obi Wan has this.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@ShootingNova said:

What is going on?

@Xanni15 said:

@phoenix654 said:

The poster was using Fisto losing to Sidious in 3 seconds, I think it's relevant to state that Obi wouldn't have lasted long either.

Kit Fisto lasted longer than everybody else except for Mace Windu. The guy does deserve some credit.

That said, Obi-Wan might last... a second or two longer. I only say that because his specialty is, after all, Soresu - a defensive style. I could see him holding out a tiny bit longer, but he's not winning by any means. It's hardly worth mentioning.

@phoenix654 said:

Maul and Anakin both lost due to their own respective stupidity. Both were overconfident. Maul was clearly the better fighter in their fight, and Anakin was evenly matched with him.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

Listen to this man.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@JediXMan said:

Obi-Wan, no contest.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

Yep.

@JediXMan said:

That said, Obi-Wan might last... a second or two longer. I only say that because his specialty is, after all, Soresu - a defensive style. I could see him holding out a tiny bit longer, but he's not winning by any means. It's hardly worth mentioning.

I doubt it. Sidious can take him in less than a second.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@ShootingNova:

Obi-Wan is a vastly better duelist than Kit, and Kit lasted more than a second. So I don't see any reason as to why Obi-Wan wouldn't be able to match or better his time.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShootingNova

@JediXMan: If you're referring to the movie.

Otherwise, counting the EU, Sidious murdered the masters before Windu could react, and Windu can react in less than a second.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan's one tier ahead of Fisto. Differences between tiers are "huge." End of story. His feats are much better anyway but we don't even need to go that far.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Erkan12

Obi-Wan is much better. He can't stomp him perhaps due to his mainly defensive style, but the difference is there.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard matchup.

Two solid mid tiers. Two different styles. Both were able to defeat Grievous, which puts them very high in duelist rankings. Obi Wan clearly has more feats but also more low end feats which evens out their records.

Id give it to Kit Fisto in a very hard fight. Why? Obviously details in a matchup this close. Mostly because of how impractical Obi Wan's Soresu is for 1v1 lightsaber fights. Soresu is an anti-blaster defensive art specifically. We've seen Obi Wan being outplayed by Maul, Savage, Dooku, Ventress and many others too many times to consider Obi Wans style an efficient dueling tool. If you compare Obi Wans fight with Grievous with Kit Fisto's fight with Grievous you can clearly see Kit Fisto was able to outmanouver him a lot faster and easier. Id consider him better suited for duels and a slightly better duelist in general. Obi Wan has better feats in using the force, but not enough to stomp Fisto. Fight will go down to lightsabers for sure, and Kit's more duel oriented style and better handling other mid tiers like Grievous will give him a majority.

Kit Fisto 6-7/10.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kit Jobber loses to Obi-Wan about 9 out of 10 times, factoring in lucky shots and such

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with most everyone else on this. ROTS Kenobi is the better Force combatant of the two. Some people have referenced Gillard's tiering for reference because he specifically mentioned Fisto, and I'll do the same.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi is better by any metric.

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still feel Fisto gave Greivous a better fight than Obi did.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi is better by any metric.

This, pretty much.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixtitan: How? Kenobi dismembered two of Grievous’s hands in a much shorter time than it took Fisto to take one. Only reason Kenobi seemed to struggle was because he lost his lightsaber (and his lack of Force usage). I doubt Fisto would’ve done any better if put in the same situation

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixtitan: How? Kenobi dismembered two of Grievous’s hands in a much shorter time than it took Fisto to take one. Only reason Kenobi seemed to struggle was because he lost his lightsaber (and his lack of Force usage). I doubt Fisto would’ve done any better if put in the same situation

Greivous was already seriously injured before that encounter. He was in his prime against Fisto.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixtitan: He didn't really

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/wollfmyth209/blog/star-wars-misconceptions-kit-fisto-vs-general-grie/129533/

AnonymousJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan wins every time.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greysentinel365PhoenixTitan

Also Grievous wasn't injured by Mace at all if you go by the ROTS novelization, which follows continuity of Labyrinth Of Evil.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I remember, Fisto even admits that Kenobi is better than him in Episode III.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ranking master of Shi-Cho vs the ranking master of Soresu.

Fisto is a superior swordsman, although just by the slightest of margins. However, I do not think that Fisto's form is precise enough nor concentrated enough to penetrate Kenobi's unrivaled defenses, due to Shi-Cho's lack of effectiveness against opponents wielding a single blade. Add that to Obi-Wan possessing formidable skill in Shi-Cho, although definitely not to the extent of Fisto, thus affording him a full-knowledge of Fisto's style, and Kenobi will take the win in pure bladed combat. Fisto is much faster, a more skilled martial artist, nearly or equally strong, and more powerful in the Force. He may be somewhat more agile than Kenobi. These advantages can afford Fisto a couple rounds in spite of his dueling inferiority.

Kenobi 8/10

TJTheDuelist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123

TBH, Kenobi is in between high (Plo, Shaak and Fisto) and top tier (Anakin, Windu, Yoda) in terms of how he compares to most of the council. He'd decisively beat anyone there, but lose to any of the latter 3.

That said, Kenobi wins 10/10 in decent fights.

GohanDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: When did he say that in episode III ? As far as I remember the only thing he "said" was screaming in pain as palpatine blitzed him

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan stomps.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hurricanefunnel

@tjtheduelist said:

@dark-sith123

TBH, Kenobi is in between high (Plo, Shaak and Fisto) and top tier (Anakin, Windu, Yoda) in terms of how he compares to most of the council. He'd decisively beat anyone there, but lose to any of the latter 3.

That said, Kenobi wins 10/10 in decent fights.

copy that, mismatch ironically