Obi Wan vs Kenshi

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silvanus

Obi Wan from AoTC versus Kenshi's strongest version. Kenshi's sword is made of cortosis. Fight takes place in the Pit 3.

Who wins?

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Jedi or the blind swordsman

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvanus: You do know cortosis shuts a lightsaber down right, once and if they cross blades, kenobi loses his greatest asset.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lightsabers have still cut through cortosis before. It is not a guaranteed anti-lightsaber mechanic. The only things that can consistently withstand a lightsaber blade without fail are high-level Tutaminis and other lightsaber blades.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I agree, but a cortosis blade used against vader effectively shut his blade off, that is why he instead broke the jedi's neck. Unless that blade was more special than any other cortosis blade.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

@eisenfauste: It doesn't always happen in such ways. And Obi-Wan is not defenseless without his lightsaber.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I know he isn't defenseless, but from what I have seen a cortosis blade can do to a lightsaber I don't see why it wouldn't shut his blade down unless that was PIS.

@silvanus Does the swordsman have any good speed feats, strength, TK, Telepathy or anything because right now Kenobi could take this IMO

Master_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenshi in Armageddon was killed by Quan Chi in a swordfight. Kenshi is not fast enough to defend Obi wan, I think.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. I gave Kenshi cortosis blade feeling he is at a big disadvantage without one. He doesn't have much feats. We have to compare them by abilities.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenobi

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His only feat is that he killed Sheeva in armageddon but was killed by Quan Chi. He in DA was defeated by Mavado.

Despite being blind, Kenshi's other senses allow him to fight well. His sword gives him guidance and he is a good H2H fighter of MK standards. He has TK which as of gameplay is good enough to lift and slam a man or push him some meters away. As of MK9, he can also teleport and can cast a ghostly version of himself that fight for him for a which. Since he doesn't have feats for speed or strength, take them as regular MK level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lightsabers have still cut through cortosis before. It is not a guaranteed anti-lightsaber mechanic. The only things that can consistently withstand a lightsaber blade without fail are high-level Tutaminis and other lightsaber blades.

How many different types of cortosis is there? I've seen one type of Cortosis (probably some kind of alloy) only resist a lightsaber, whereas "Pure" cortosis has shown the ability to short out lightsabers. I haven't seen it cut by a lightsaber before. It must vary depending on how the weapon/armor has been crafted.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: I don't believe this has to do with variations of the material than it does with simplistic inconsistency.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shootingnova: Well.. there's obviously a difference between Cortosis alloys, and Pure Cortosis. I think it just comes down to the quality/properties of what is being crafted.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-wan, he could use TK if his blade shuts down.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: By logical assumption, if a material has limited cortosis, it isn't as strong as raw cortosis, of course, but at the same time, a number of weapons such as vibroblades are just made out of cortosis-weave, not which has never shut down lightsabers before.