#1 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

ok if it was a level playing field with no holes in the ground for obi to jump out and kill maul, who would win just a straight duel no obstacles around to help either.

#2 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30154 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's just a duel then Maul would win. He took on a master like Qui-gon with little to no problem.

#3 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"If it's just a duel then Maul would win. He took on a master like Qui-gon with little to no problem."

Its not that cut and dry, Qui-Gon was older and wasn't as fast as he used to be.

#4 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Obi from episode 1 or what?

#5 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

which version of Obi-wan?

#6 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

yes obi wan from episode 1

#7 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Given that, Obi-Wan would have to be exceedingly lucky to come out on top in this fight.

#8 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Warsman says:

"If it's just a duel then Maul would win. He took on a master like Qui-gon with little to no problem."

Warsman the reason why Maul was able to defeat my father is because Darth Maul's Juuyo was able to defeat Qui Gon was because of the small spaces, and that Qui Gon had to watch out for his current Padawan at the time, Obi-Wan Kenobi, who was being thrashed around by the powerful Sith lord. Ataru is the Fourth (IV) form of the Seven Lightsaber styles taught to Jedi.

#9 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

ok but when you watch obi wan fight he still doesnt seem the best swordsman, theres always one better.

#10 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

No because he said that there on a level playing field there would be no obstacles or interuptions so he wouldn't have the problems Qui-gon had

#11 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

From episode 1 Maul wins but any of the later ones when obi wan is a full jedi master he would beat maul

#12 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, It defends on what Form obi wan is using, If He was the form Qui-Gon used he would be slain.

#13 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Thousandhorse says:

"Iron MK II says:
"ok if it was a level playing field with no holes in the ground for obi to jump out and kill maul, who would win just a straight duel no obstacles around to help either."

As far as jumping up from the low ground or a 'hole' as it's stated, Obi-wan has shown he can win either way. He chops Maul straight in half when he jumps up from the low ground to attack Maul (Ep.I), and he messes up Anakin pretty hardcore when Anakin jumps up from low ground to attack him (Ep. III). Obi-wan proved his skills on both sides of the same manuever, so I do not see it as a factor. I do like Darth Maul better, but I can't really give him the win here.

"

Great Logic.

#14 Posted by Maximillius (249 posts) - - Show Bio

venom hybrid says:

"No because he said that there on a level playing field there would be no obstacles or interuptions so he wouldn't have the problems Qui-gon had"

It still depends on what form they are using.

#15 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Thousandhorse (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron MK II says:

"ok if it was a level playing field with no holes in the ground for obi to jump out and kill maul, who would win just a straight duel no obstacles around to help either."

As far as jumping up from the low ground or a 'hole' as it's stated, Obi-wan has shown he can win either way. He chops Maul straight in half when he jumps up from the low ground to attack Maul (Ep.I), and he messes up Anakin pretty hardcore when Anakin jumps up from low ground to attack him (Ep. III). Obi-wan proved his skills on both sides of the same manuever, so I do not see it as a factor. I do like Darth Maul better, but I can't really give him the win here.

#17 Posted by ChrisAngel (3955 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as said, if it's Obi-Wan circa Phantom Menace, he's meat.

#18 Posted by Fall (5 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are trippin. Thousandhorse has got this one spot on.

Obi Wan left Mauls sh!t in ruins in episode 1 as he was able to think constructively and use his abilities to their fullest. Maul on the other hand didn't think of hurling thinks at him while he was down the hole, using the force to send him tumbling to his doom, throw his lightsabre or any other combination of moves that would result in the totally defenseless Obi Wan from being killed. All he could do was throw a little tantrum at the top of the shaft slashing at the floor with his saber and then look like a gormless idiot while getting sliced in half.

Even without pits, a dubious advantage at best, Obi Wan would be able to devise a strategy or even beat maul down through skill alone. In the fight he slashes Mauls sabre in half and then gets kicked down the pit. If the pit wasnt there he would have got to his feet and finished the job.

Iron MK II says:

"ok but when you watch obi wan fight he still doesnt seem the best swordsman, theres always one better."

And yet Obi Wan is always left standing. Vader was only able to kill him because he let him.

I say that Kenobi gets medieval on Maul just like it went down in episode 1.

#19 Posted by shimuku (179 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan wins flatout

#20 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

obi wan let vadar beat him huh....=D

#21 Posted by shimuku (179 posts) - - Show Bio

that dule stunk they both kind of just stood there and touched sabers

#22 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah he put his saber away and stood there

#23 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

so you think if they both tried to there fullest in episode 4 obi wan would beat vadar, his old retired, and vadar would be at his most powerful with the force.

#24 Posted by venom hybrid (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's impossible to tell because Obi wan let vader win so we don't know what his power level was at but he held vader off for as long as he needed to

#25 Posted by Iron MK II (203 posts) - - Show Bio

vadar took on anakin in episode 6 in the last batle quite well, and i highly doubt obi would of been able to stand against anakin then

#26 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6196 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron MK II says:

Well Obi-Wan did kill Maul when Maul had him on the ropes, so I'll stick with the original winner of the dual
#27 Posted by Strike3 (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maximillius: Maul countered and stabbed Qui-Gon, that's about it. The room they fought in was wide spaced.