Obi Wan Kenobi VS Yoda (Sabers Only)

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No force abilities what-so-ever.

All of you need know that this Obi Wan is more than a match for Yoda in this situation and it might be hard to argue against him.

Who do you think wins?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Yoda didn't beat Dooku on Geonosis while Anakin killed him. Yoda also was defeated by Sidious. I mean, if Obi beated the Chosen One, what stops him from rofl stomp.

Obi-Wan 10/10 000000000000000000 Of course I am trolling.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LuckyStrike

@penderor said:

Well, Yoda didn't beat Dooku on Geonosis while Anakin killed him. Yoda also was defeated by Sidious. I mean, if Obi beated the Chosen One, what stops him from rofl stomp.

Obi-Wan 10/10 000000000000000000 Of course I am trolling.

By ROTS Lucas stated Anakin, Kenobi, Mace, Dooku Yoda and SIdious were near each other in skill than most people think, that each on had the right skillset to defeat another. Kenobi > Anakin > Dooku yet Yoda > Dooku and Yoda > Mace but Mace > Sidious.

They're equals but, Obi-Wan's Variant of Djem SO will prevail in this match up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roflysst your fanboyism for Kenobi knows no bounds does it? Yoda wins.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckystrike: In which part of his life Obi-Wan teached himself Djem So?

Also, if Obi-Wan will tell that Luke Skywalker excrement is more powerful than Obi-Wan, would you believe it?

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@luckystrike: In which part of his life Obi-Wan teached himself Djem So?

Also, if Obi-Wan will tell that Luke Skywalker excrement is more powerful than Obi-Wan, would you believe it?

Obi Wan's Soresu was so good it can be classified as a Djem So Variant

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL They're not all equals.

And Mace isn't > Sidious and Kenobi isn't > Anakin.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LuckyStrike

@mije_101 said:

@mije_101 said:

In terms of LIGHTSABER skill they are

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Force abilities whatsoever means Yoda loses 95% of his combat effectiveness. He's well beyond his physical prime and can't augment himself with the Force. Obi-Wan is at least in his late thirties/early forties by RotS IIRC, so......

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LuckyStrike

@i_like_swords said:

No Force abilities whatsoever means Yoda loses 95% of his combat effectiveness. He's well beyond his physical prime and can't augment himself with the Force. Obi-Wan is at least in his late thirties/early forties by RotS IIRC, so......

Do you have to foil me so early in Obi Wan is 36.... tehehehehe

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheVivas

Nope. Still Yoda

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ostyo

Obi-Wan has a bigger Saber if you know what I mean.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DarthManhunter

Lol.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckystrike: Obi-Wan combined Ataru and Soresu. He never used Djem-So.

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ostyo: Nope, Yoda has by far a bigger, green possibly wrinkled saber than kenobi.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ostyo: and yoda's saber has priceless ancient white furs on it.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No force abilities? Yoda pops a hip....

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Noone301994

Yoda.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi wan

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda no contest

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By MasterKungFu

obi wan is good but yoda is better

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo koon >>>>> all

Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo said:

Obi-Wan has a bigger Saber if you know what I mean.

It's not the size of the saber, it's how well you use it.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sure Yoda goes back into using a stick to walk, the dude is 800 yrs old, the only reason he is alive is thanks to the force.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With no force abilities whatsoever Obi-Wan wins. With just the force abilities to amp his stats Yoda wins.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: Yoda's species is generally long lived, with or without the force, his abilities are thanks to the force.

Anyway if they can use the force to allow a decent lightsaber match Yoda would win easily. If not There wouldnt be much of a fight.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noxmagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A point on the not defeating Dooku for Yoda- He would have if not for Dooku using immoral methods to cause a mexican standoff that Obi-Wan never would. On the other hand Obi-Wan's Soresu mastery would likely mean that Yoda would not break his defense, but unlike Grevious, Yoda wouldn't leave him an opening to change to offense either. It would be a very long, draw out, and honestly likely not very talkative.

I think Yoda would win in the end, assuming by no force powers you meant no active powers, not no powers including the ones Yoda uses to make up for his age, and the ones that jedi use for lightsaber fighting at the most basic? If you really meant no force powers, then Yoda looses as Obi-Wan cuts his walking stick in half and he falls over.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By okayalright_44

The OP needs to be more specific. Saying "no force abilities" doesn't mean either Obi-wan or Yoda lose the abilities to passively or actively call on the Force to augment their physicals movements/reflexes. So regardless of applicable force abilities (like force and such), unless they are both completely severed from the Force, Yoda would still win by virtue of being the more adroit swordsman.

@noxmagnus said:

A point on the not defeating Dooku for Yoda- He would have if not for Dooku using immoral methods to cause a mexican standoff that Obi-Wan never would. On the other hand Obi-Wan's Soresu mastery would likely mean that Yoda would not break his defense, but unlike Grevious, Yoda wouldn't leave him an opening to change to offense either. It would be a very long, draw out, and honestly likely not very talkative.

I think Yoda would win in the end, assuming by no force powers you meant no active powers, not no powers including the ones Yoda uses to make up for his age, and the ones that jedi use for lightsaber fighting at the most basic? If you really meant no force powers, then Yoda looses as Obi-Wan cuts his walking stick in half and he falls over.

Yoda did defeat him

An instant later, Dooku raised his hands and sent a stream of deadly Force lighting toward him. Yoda blocked the lighting automatically, grieved by this final evidence of Dooku's change in allegiance. Only those who turned to the darkside of the Force misused their abilities so. This he had feared ever since Count Dooku left the Jedi Order.His old student had not just left the path of the Jedi; he had betrayed everything he had once stood for. He had joined the dark side. "Much to learn you still have," Yoda told him. A startled expression crossed Dooku's face at the utter failure of his attack. Then his eyes narrowed. He lowered his hands and replied, "It is obvious that this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with the lightsaber".

As he spoke, he reignited his weapon and whirled it in the formal salute that Yoda remembered teaching him fifty years before. Yoda drew his lightsaber and answered the salute. In contest, he had no interest, but in stopping Count Dooku, he had great deal of interest indeed. And Dooku had left him no other choice. Count charged forward. Yoda sighed. Nothing has he learned. Nothing has he remembered. He closed his eyes, bowed his head, and felt the Force that bound all things, even himself and the Count.

His lightsaber moved effortlessly, flowing with the force to find the balance point between them and block Dooku's every stroke. He did not even have to step back. The Count's attack grew more desperate, to no avail. Breathing hard, he backed away, but Yoda did not pursue him. To stop Dooku was all that was necessary, and he could not pass Yoda to reach his Solar Sailer. The Count slowed once more, then stopped, his blade braced against Yoda's. Yoda could feel him drawing on the dark side in an attempt to pressYoda's weapon back, but the darkside was only an easier path, not a stronger one. Back by the full power of the true Force, Yoda's lightsaber was unmovable. "Fought well, you have, my old Padawan," Yoda said gently, giving him the truth, though he knew that the Count would not want to hear it. Count Dooku had never been happy to merely fight well; the best he must be, always. But not this time.

Star Wars:Attack of the Clones Junior Novelization

Never could he strike low, though, for never did Yoda seem to be on the ground, leaping and spinning, flying all about, parrying each blow and offering cunning counters that had Dooku skipping backward desperately.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones novel

Despite his deadly lightsaber skills, Darth Tyranus is no match for his former Master Yoda when they duel on Geonosis.

Source: Star Wars: Beware the Sith.

Never underestimate Yoda. Being small doesn't mean he can't be deadly. Yoda's strength comes from the force. He achieves any height he needs in battle thanks to acrobatic force jumps. When Count Dooku realizes that Yoda is more than a match for him, he flees in his Solar Sailer.

Source: Star Wars: Mysteries of the Jedi

noxmagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@okayalright_44 Yes, i agree. Thus leading to the mexican standoff that makes it look like he didn't. So I'll agree, Yoda won that one.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP needs to be more specific. Saying "no force abilities" doesn't mean either Obi-wan or Yoda lose the abilities to passively or actively call on the Force to augment their physicals movements/reflexes. So regardless of applicable force abilities (like force and such), unless they are both completely severed from the Force, Yoda would still win by virtue of being the more adroit swordsman.

If they were both severed from the force, Yoda's skill edge is completely and utterly nullified.

This

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By okayalright_44

@redranger:

If they were both severed from the force, Yoda's skill edge is completely and utterly nullified.

@okayalright_44 said:

That's why I said unless.Read my comment better before replying to me.

And the OP didn't state that they were completely severed from using the force to naturally boost their physicals. He just stated no force abilities, which only suggest they aren't allowed to use things like telekinesis.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RedRanger

@redranger:

@okayalright_44 said:

That's why I said unless.Read my comment better before replying to me.

And the OP didn't state that they were completely severed from using the force to naturally boost their physicals. He just stated no force abilities, which only suggest they aren't allowed to use things like telekinesis.

Gotcha Now, glad you don't think cripple yoda can beat Obi - Wan

I could beat up Yoda is his wasn't augmenting himself.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yoda's faster and has better showings than Kenobi. It's just about a stomp, nothing really stops Yoda from blitzing him.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WollfMyth209

@darthaznable: Not even physical augmentation and Valor? In that case, Yoda bores him to death. lol, Kenobi wins if Force Valor is not allowed.