Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFallen_1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Great Jedi Purge begins, and Vader hired this Marvel team to get bounties. They cornered the Jedi Obi Wan and ready to attack. Can Obi Wan win?

Legends Obi Wan.

Current or last seen 616 Electro, Doc Ock (Adamantium Tentacles), Sandman, Kraven, Vulture, and Mysterio.

Death or KO.

Start 50 feet apart here.

No Caption Provided

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sand man is currently dead but not sure if Obi-wan can deal with him. Maybe a jedi mind trick all though I doubt that would be his first move. Electro can also turn into pure energy and move as fast as lightning apparently, plus I think his sheet destructive feats like destroying buildings might be too much.

All though I am not an expert on Obi-Wan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhh group but barely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bump1010 said:

Sand man is currently dead but not sure if Obi-wan can deal with him. Maybe a jedi mind trick all though I doubt that would be his first move. Electro can also turn into pure energy and move as fast as lightning apparently, plus I think his sheet destructive feats like destroying buildings might be too much.

Obi-Wan could possibly use the team against each other.. just spitballing here but if Electro was sent in Sandman's direction as a blast of electricity wouldn't that seriously hurt Sandman? Kenobi's lightsaber and energy deflection could be used to do that. He also has electronic manipulation that could be used on Doc Ock's arms (he's done this to both Grievous and Anakin in the past).

I think he could probably take everyone apart from Electro and Sandman for certain, I'm just not sure if he can really put down those two.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandman could probably be put down since the heat of Kenobi's lightsaber would probably turn him into glass. That's a way to beat him.

Electro I'm not sure about. Telepathy might work but I don't know if Kenobi would employ that. Deflection could keep Electro from hurting him, but Kenobi still can't hurt him, so it might be a stalemate at best.

He can beat the rest. Kraven and Ock aren't problems. He's much faster and more skilled than them and has electronic manipulation for Ock and telekinesis to get around his tentacles if need be. Kraven's just sort of out of his league. Force sense should cancel Mysterio's illusions and telekinesis can handle Vulture.

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sandman could probably be put down since the heat of Kenobi's lightsaber would probably turn him into glass. That's a way to beat him.

Electro I'm not sure about. Telepathy might work but I don't know if Kenobi would employ that. Deflection could keep Electro from hurting him, but Kenobi still can't hurt him, so it might be a stalemate at best.

He can beat the rest. Kraven and Ock aren't problems. He's much faster and more skilled than them and has electronic manipulation for Ock and telekinesis to get around his tentacles if need be. Kraven's just sort of out of his league. Force sense should cancel Mysterio's illusions and telekinesis can handle Vulture.

Much faster? Ock and Kraven have kept up with Spider Man. At least a non blood lusted one.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_1: Yes much faster. Count Dooku is also much faster than Spider-Man and infinitely more skilled.

TheFallen_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefallen_1: Yes much faster. Count Dooku is also much faster than Spider-Man and infinitely more skilled.

Proof? What solid speed feats in combat speed they have over Spider Man?

This thread here covers all that actually. Most of the Star Wars speeds are overhyped, and been done by street levelers of other comics. They are fast, top Jedi being Super Sonic easy, maybe a very few Hyper Sonic, but Dooku is not alot faster than Mach 4 Spider Man IMO.

The only real speed feats that are super fast is Reaction Time (Mostly thanks to the Force Slowing time down to the perceptions, and precog via Farsight) and not Movement Speed.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can find a way to beat Electro, he can do it.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bump1010

@bump1010 said:

Obi-Wan could possibly use the team against each other.. just spitballing here but if Electro was sent in Sandman's direction as a blast of electricity wouldn't that seriously hurt Sandman? Kenobi's lightsaber and energy deflection could be used to do that. He also has electronic manipulation that could be used on Doc Ock's arms (he's done this to both Grievous and Anakin in the past).

I think he could probably take everyone apart from Electro and Sandman for certain, I'm just not sure if he can really put down those two.

Yea electricity can turn sandman to glass. I just don't know if Kenobi can deflect the level of electricity electro can output. Not to mention sand man in his showings before he died was huge. Admittedly sandman isn't normally that huge but if we are using the most current version (That would be @thefallen_1 call). Also worth noting is IIRC electro also has magnetic powers so he might be able to disarm Obi-wan of his light saber.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Electro has resisted X-mans telepathy so I'm not sure if that would work. Granted the force works different so its hard to say how it works....But if electro can resist the force Nate Gray is a way more telepath then Obi-wan to my knowledge:

No Caption Provided

So not sure if the mind trick will work on electro. The only reason it might is because the force is all mystic and stuff I guess but beyond that electro has some powerful TP defences. He's the biggest problem here IMO. From the little I know of the expanded universe I think he is way more powerful than Obi-wan. Obi-wan has a chance because electro isn't very competent but with his powers he doesn't need to be very competent....

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister Six wins.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010: Pretty sure Electro was amped at the time. Even if he wasn't…holding his own against Nate Grey seems to be an inordinately high end showing given that Nate is planetary and such. Obi Wan doesn't approach Nate so if that is a consistent showing he can't really beat him. Raw power isn't a great way to gauge Star Wars characters being put against comic characters.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bump1010

@bump1010: Pretty sure Electro was amped at the time. Even if he wasn't…holding his own against Nate Grey seems to be an inordinately high end showing given that Nate is planetary and such. Obi Wan doesn't approach Nate so if that is a consistent showing he can't really beat him. Raw power isn't a great way to gauge Star Wars characters being put against comic characters.

He never lost the amp from what I recall. Regardless the point wasn't he can overpower his TK but resist Nates TP. His only other showing against mind control is dock ocks tech but we have no way of knowing the limits of Ottos machines so I don't view that as a contradictory showing. Ottos machines did control thor who has TP resistance himself (albeit thor is inconsistent in that department himself but it still shows Ottos tech is up there).

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Doc Ock, Vulture and Kraven aren't much trouble.

Mausterii....if he had prep he might pose a problem. But he doesn't have prep.

Sandman & Electro are the only real problems here. Sandman can be turn into glass by the Lightsaber in theor. So i guess that's enough. I also think Obi-Wan is fast enough to deflect Electro's charges and Electro himself.

It might be a stalemate. But i think that Obi-Wan is smart enough to realize that he can't beat Electro in a normal way and he would after some time mind-manipulate Electro or something like that.

It's either Obi-Wan or Stalemate

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 8bitGangsta

My thoughts.

Obi does not have the strength or durability of Spider man, most of these guys can kill him easy.

Obi does have Force Pushes to get breathing room, as well anLightsaber that can help against Sandman and Electro, though Ocks Adamantium will tank it. Jedi Mind tricks are need used In heated fights so that's not a factor really, not that it should work on characters like Ock, Electro, or Kraven who all have either high will or TP resistance.

Obi speed and slight precog matches Spider Mans speed and Spider Sense, that's helps.

Obi is outnumbered still and does not have the durability to tank most of these guys attacks, these guys who harm or batter insane durable Spider Man.

Team sinister slight edge. Spider man Durability, web Incaps on some of these guys, and knowledge of them is the only reason Spidey does not get stomped. Obi Wan has no means to incapacitate sandman, electro or the rest with special webbing, and his lack of durability against foes that match and tag Spidey is a downside overall.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010 said:

@highaccuser said:

He never lost the amp from what I recall. Regardless the point wasn't he can overpower his TK but resist Nates TP. His only other showing against mind control is dock ocks tech but we have no way of knowing the limits of Ottos machines so I don't view that as a contradictory showing. Ottos machines did control thor who has TP resistance himself (albeit thor is inconsistent in that department himself but it still shows Ottos tech is up there).

That showing is just plain inconsistent then. I don't care how incompetent Electro is, if he's powerful enough to hold his own against Nate Grey, there's literally no way he could screw up against Spider-Man.

PawlNewman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

TrueSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e: excellent analysis.

I also think his mental training and resistance could hold off Mysterio’s illusions.

The fact that Electro’s power set and attacking method can be used against the others is not to be discounted. I imagine Electro blitzing Kenobi who either instinctually or strategically (or both) deflects this offense into someone else. Even standard projectile blasting is an issue. Most of the others he can make relatively quick work off. I don’t think they’re immune to lightsabers.