No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Standard Equipment
  • Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi (The team) are their TPM incarnations
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (The solo combatant) is his ROTS incarnation
  • ROTS Kenobi is morals off
  • The team's morals are standard/ neutral

Setting:

The Battle takes place at the same location in which Darth Maul faces Qui-Gon and his apprentice in Theed

The Question:

Could Obi-Wan Kenobi perform what Darth Maul could not and defeat both Jedi?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

RotS Obi-Wan could well win. He understands the Ataru form and the chemistry he had with Qui-Gon as an apprentice much moreso than Qui-Gon/TPM Kenobi understand his Soresu, which in of itself is a solid counter to their Ataru forms anyway. I'd also submit that Obi-Wan is as skilled as Maul, who was decidedly superior to both Qui-Gon and TPM Kenobi combined. He doesn't have the same advantages of unorthodoxy as Maul did, but he does have a knowledge edge on the TPM team as compensation. And I don't see the TPM team making it up in any other way (Force powers, physicals etc. all go to RotS Obi-Wan).

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Holocron24

Callouts:

@shootingnova@thevivas@brightsteel@wollfmyth209@jkbart@@zaluk@darkdefender@themuser@silentbat@killerwasp@bat_siri@emperordmb@erkan12@silver2467@burnface@floopay@sirfizwhiz@stl9997@i_like_swords@ricochicomalico@darthant66@radioactivehaggis@zapan87@forkliftermatt

If you don't want to be called out anymore or would like to be added to my callout list just mention in the comments

Or, if you prefer/dislike certain battles i.e. Canon, Legends, Prequel, Original, Sith etc... make sure to mention and I'll alter my callout list accordingly with regard to specific threads

Thanks,

H24

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

duo

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShootingNova
Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Holocron24

@shootingnova said:

@holocron24: I've already responded.

Sorry, I posted my callout list about ten or so seconds after your response and your post hadn't appeared on my screen yet

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Well said, RoTS kenobi's form knowledge of his opponents would help swing things in his favor in a big way.

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser said:

@shootingnova: Well said, RoTS kenobi's form knowledge of his opponents would help swing things in his favor in a big way.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova said:

RotS Obi-Wan could well win. He understands the Ataru form and the chemistry he had with Qui-Gon as an apprentice much moreso than Qui-Gon/TPM Kenobi understand his Soresu, which in of itself is a solid counter to their Ataru forms anyway. I'd also submit that Obi-Wan is as skilled as Maul, who was decidedly superior to both Qui-Gon and TPM Kenobi combined. He doesn't have the same advantages of unorthodoxy as Maul did, but he does have a knowledge edge on the TPM team as compensation. And I don't see the TPM team making it up in any other way (Force powers, physicals etc. all go to RotS Obi-Wan).

I concur.

Before posting the thread, I had a vague preliminary assessment of sorts and reached a similar conclusion to this and would similarly favour ROTS Kenobi, although for a strong 8/10 majority due to, as you have stated, his form advantage and his duelling proficiency/skills being equal or roughly comparable too Mauls who himself outclassed the combined assaults of Kenobi and Jinn despite not being able to exploit the same form advantage ROTS Kenobi can readily exploit...

This should give Kenobi a solid majority. Also, although a minor factor, he is far less likely to become complacent and cocky, as Maul did and would hence be somewhat more focussed perhaps.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mauls who himself outclassed the combined assaults of Kenobi and Jinn despite not being able to exploit the same form advantage ROTS Kenobi can readily exploit...

Maul was not as aware of all the inner workings of Kenobi/Jinn's forms and their synergy with each other (which RotS Obi-Wan will be), but he also had the distinct advantage of unpredictability. His form and weapon were unlike anything Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had ever fought before.

Also, although a minor factor, he is far less likely to become complacent and cocky, as Maul did and would hence be somewhat more focussed perhaps.

That never factored in the TPM fight until Maul literally had Obi-Wan dangling on the precipice of death.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Holocron24

@shootingnova said:
@holocron24 said:

Mauls who himself outclassed the combined assaults of Kenobi and Jinn despite not being able to exploit the same form advantage ROTS Kenobi can readily exploit...

Maul was not as aware of all the inner workings of Kenobi/Jinn's forms and their synergy with each other (which RotS Obi-Wan will be), but he also had the distinct advantage of unpredictability. His form and weapon were unlike anything Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had ever fought before.

I agree.

I simply meant that Kenobi's form advantage and insight into his opponents forms/ synergy at least equals Mauls own advantage, deriving from his stylistic unpredictability and unprecedented form/weapon which should henceforth secure Kenobi a similar success to Maul's, minus the momentary lapse of judgement and resulting bisection...

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think ROTS Kenobi wins only if he has knowledge of who he's fighting and if he's morals off. In a true hypothetical situation he would not inherently know what his opponents were capable of (in the sense that he is dropped in cold).

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theredheadedyeti
TheRedHeadedYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan should win this. He knows his own, and Qui-Gon's forms inside and out and that in itself is an amazing advantage. And he's also more skilled, physically superior and more powerful.

DarthThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah kind of one sided thread tbh, since ROTS Kenobi clearly has the advantage of knowing his former self and his former Master.

If we had ROTS Kenobi have no idea who the duo were it would be more interesting. But I'd still say ROTS Kenobi would win, as he was > TPM Maul.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erkan12

Looks like a stalemate to me. RotS Kenobi's perfect defense prevents giving any opening to the team's Ataru combination, but also Obi-Wan isn't aggressive enough to beat the team for a majority as well.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that ROTS Kenobi wins. His Soresu is a formidable counter to Qui-Gon's Ataru. He also knows the man very well, whereas Qui-Gon doesn't know how the older Obi-wan fights.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi. For reasons above, and a stamina advantage.

Avatar image for ricochicomalico
ricochicomalico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ricochicomalico

Others have already stated in betters words than can say, though I'll still give my own words. ROTS Kenobi is essentially Maul's equal in skill and so should comfortably outclass the duo as Maul did. Furthermore, he has extensive familiarity with the synergy and respective skills of his two opponents, and he's decently more powerful.

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS Kenobi. He's more skilled, more powerful and knows how the duo fights, and their weaknesses.