#1 Posted by MaceWindu (41 posts) - - Show Bio

- Obi-Wan from Episode III

- Luke from Episode VI

- Fight takes place on mustafar on the platform where the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin began

#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

I have absolutely no idea who would win this.

#3 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, idk. For a second I thought you put IV instead of VI, and I was ready to call it a stomp.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm.

You know, as much as I really don't want to, I might give this to Obi-Wan. He was capable of holding his own and beating (with CIS) Anakin in his prime. Luke beat Vader, but he was not as powerful as he was on Mustafar. Just arguably a better duelist ("better" meaning more skilled and more experienced. Not as fast).

It could go either way.

#5 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@MaceWindu said:

@JediXMan: @Silver2467: I think Obi-Wan would win this because as JediX said he was able to defeat Anakin in his prime and he defeated Darth Maul and Grievous which are good accomplishments.....I think....

Obi-Wan wins.

Obi-Wan beat Maul by exploiting a surprise tactic. And, yes, he beat Anakin, but as JXM said, Anakin's CIS was interfering with his powers and competency. And in addition, part of the reason Obi-Wan managed to hold his own against Anakin was because the two of them knew each other's fighting styles so thoroughly, as the RotS novel described. 

Still not really sure about this. 

@JediXMan said:
He was capable of holding his own and beating (with CIS) Anakin in his prime.
Well, this comparison is valid in the sense that Luke and Anakin are both Djem So practitioners. So Obi-Wan might have similar success, but it is hard to say.
#6 Posted by JediXMan (30547 posts) - - Show Bio
@MaceWindu said:

@JediXMan: @Silver2467: I think Obi-Wan would win this because as JediX said he was able to defeat Anakin in his prime and he defeated Darth Maul and Grievous which are good accomplishments.....I think....

Obi-Wan wins.

Maul was also a case of CIS. Maul got overconfident and didn't simply finish Obi-Wan off when he had the chance. As far as I'm concerned, Maul won that fight, and Obi-Wan killed him while he was celebrating. 

@Silver2467 said:
Well, this comparison is valid in the sense that Luke and Anakin are both Djem So practitioners. So Obi-Wan might have similar success, but it is hard to say.
I could see a means for Luke to win. I mean, that "high ground" crap was just that - crap. All Anakin had to do was make a small hop and then run up the rock. He didn't have to do a fancy flip.
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Its very hard to say this one Luke could win possibly he did defeat Vader.

Luke beat Vader by drawing on the dark side. While fighting as he normally does, he and Vader were equals. 

I have to applaud you for making such an even thread by the way.
#8 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan I have to say

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

Hm, idk. For a second I thought you put IV instead of VI, and I was ready to call it a stomp.

I thought exactly the same.

#10 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say Obi-Wan still wins.

#11 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Wow really, Vader was better than I imagined But are just talking about Luke from Ep VI or Luke in the years after that ?

I was referring to Luke in RotJ. 

And thank you I have been trying to earn your respect ever since i came on ComicVine but because my last threads i posted were terrible i failed until now. Thank you.

LOL. All right. 

And the other threads you were hardly terrible. All of them were good matches; I just think this one may be the closest so far. 
#12 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@MaceWindu said:

@HBKTimHBK: I like Obi-Wan i really do after all my favorites characters are....

1.Mace Windu

2.Yoda

3.Obi-Wan

4.Kit Fisto

5.Plo Koon

I like Obi-Wan i think he would win....but you have to look at evidence I suppose...

That one doesn't surprise me lol, I love Samuel L. Jackson.

#13 Posted by Stompa (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm yes propably Kenobi for reasons already brought up by JXM.

@Silver2467: IIRC Obi-Wans fighting style was perfect against Djem-So.....although i can´t remember the name of his style.....

#14 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stompa said:

@Silver2467: IIRC Obi-Wans fighting style was perfect against Djem-So.....although i can´t remember the name of his style.....

Soresu. 

And theoretically speaking, Soresu is perfect against any style because it can defend from basically any attack. That hardly means a Soresu master is unbeatable. 

@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Oh alright I see thanks.

And thanks this one was the best so far I think although i liked the Mace vs Dooku one me and you spent a good while arguing about that one lol.

The Mace vs Dooku thread was similarly close.
#15 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

@MaceWindu said:

@HBKTimHBK: haha yeah he's a great actor! But what do you think of the character Mace Windu ?

Mace Windu would probably be my 3rd or 4th favorite character, but that's because I hold Padme in high regard lol

#16 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan was much more impressive. He takes this quite easily.

#17 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenobi has this one, cause Luke wasn't that powerful yet. Kenobi grew up as a Jedi whether Luke took the fast courses. I think that a future version of Luke could beat Kenobi. Still, Obi-Wan wasn't just a jedi, he was a knight, member of the council and already powerful enough to beat Anakin even under the specific conditions.

#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Azrael66 said:

Obi-Wan was much more impressive. He takes this quite easily.

Nonsense. What has Obi-Wan done to prove he is better? Move his lightsber fast enough to create a shield out his lightsaber blade or run in a blur or deflect countless blaster bolts or see ships moving at sublight speeds in slow motion? Luke has done all that. As far as skill, Luke fought as an equal to Vader, beat Lumiya, and roughly stalemated Flint while attempting to avoid killing him. Obi-Wan has fought as an equal with Ventress and beaten Grievous. Telekinetically, Obi-Wan moved Durge's ship. Luke supported AT-STs. Obi-Wan has used Force Deflection; so has Luke.  

Seriously, there is very little if any difference between the two in power and skill. 

@Phaedrusgr said:

Kenobi has this one, cause Luke wasn't that powerful yet. Kenobi grew up as a Jedi whether Luke took the fast courses. I think that a future version of Luke could beat Kenobi. Still, Obi-Wan wasn't just a jedi, he was a knight, member of the council and already powerful enough to beat Anakin even under the specific conditions.

Right, and Luke was already powerful enough to beat Vader even under specific conditions. 

None of this proves Obi-Wan would win. 

@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Indeed. After doing research i have came to the conclusion that the only people that were equal to Mace were Yoda ,Dooku and Sidious. Nobody else could defeat him except maybe Anakin I don't know but you seem to have a lot more knowledge than me so I normally just listen to you LOL.

You mean in the prequel era? Yoda, Dooku, Palpatine, and Anakin are probably the only ones who could beat him, as well as Kar Vastor, since he already beat Mace.
#19 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-wan has defeated Anakin on Mustafar where he was in his prime as said by JediXMan where as Luke managed to beat Vader who overall was alot less fast and powerful from all the cybernetics and life support system Obi-wan has defeated Darth Maul( twice if you count Visionairies),Pre Vizsla,Durge and General Grievous so I'm giving this to Obi-wan since he has more experience in combat then Luke and that gives him the edge

#20 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@spystreak said:

Obi-wan has defeated Anakin on Mustafar where he was in his prime as said by JediXMan where as Luke managed to beat Vader who overall was alot less fast and powerful from all the cybernetics and life support system

Obi-Wan beat Anakin because Anakin was fighting stupidly and because Obi-Wan and Anakin knew every nuance of the other's respective fighting form, neither of which circumstance aids Kenobi in a duel against Luke. If it came down to a serious confrontation where Anakin acted competently, he would have defeated Obi-Wan. Moreover, Anakin is not far more powerful than Vader at all. In fact, Vader is more versatile as a Force practitioner and is at least as potent in his abilities overall, having demonstrated powers on the scale of crushing structures and buildings, both of which occurred before he reached his peak Post-Mustafar. As for speed, given the fact that Vader regularly fights characters such as Maul, Luke, and Obi-Wan, all of whom are only a notch below Anakin in speed (if even that), no, he is only slightly slower.

Obi-wan has defeated Darth Maul( twice if you count Visionairies),

The story Old Wounds in Visionaries is N-Canon, and Obi-Wan lost to Maul. Obi-Wan only killed Maul by surprising him. 

Pre Vizsla

So? 

,Durge

Durge has beaten Obi-Wan too, at least as many, if not more times than Obi-Wan has beaten him, and furthermore, fighting Durge is drastically different from fighting a Force sensitive of respectable lightsaber skill.

General Grievous

Because Obi-Wan's style afforded him the necessary defense. Mace and the other Council members specifically chose Obi-Wan to deal with Grievous for that very reason. In fact, Grievous is a superior duelist to Ventress, but Obi-Wan only manages to fight evenly with her, as well as trade a select few wins and losses with her. Is Obi-Wan defeating Grievous an impressive feat of skill? Yes. One which directly translates to this fight or conclusively indicates that he would win this fight? No. 

so I'm giving this to Obi-wan since he has more experience in combat then Luke and that gives him the edge

Vader had more experience than Luke too, but Luke was even with him. Also, this emphasis on experience, while marginally important, is rather unfounded. If experience were an irrefutable signification of superiority, then no one would be capable of defeating Yoda or Odan-Urr or Beldorian or Ood or any of the other century to millennia old Jedi. Fact is though, Palpatine beat Yoda; Exar Kun killed Odan-Urr; Leia defeated Beldorian; and a few Massassi beat Ood. Let's not pretend experience equates to a superseding status among other characters.
#21 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@MaceWindu said:

And Kar vastor beat him too lol did Mace defeat anyone ? lol

He beat Ventress, technically speaking.
#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke with a crazy theory.

Moderator Online
#23 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

@MaceWindu said:

@spystreak: Yes but as Silver said Obi-Wan killed Maul by exploiting a surprise tactic. Maul actually defeated Obi-Wan but Maul let his guard down at the end and Obi-Wan used a surprise tactic.

Then the same can be said between Luke and Vader. Vader never wanted to kill his own son, so he was holding back...

Obi-Wan had trained all his life and was much older than Luke was in VI, who trained for only a few years.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: How extensively did Obi train Luke? I can't recall since I haven't watched the old Star Wars in 10 years.

Moderator Online
#25 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Azrael66 said: 

Then the same can be said between Luke and Vader. Vader never wanted to kill his own son, so he was holding back...

False. 

You are unwise to lower your defenses,” Vader warned. His anger was layered, now—he did not want to win if the boy was not battling to the fullest. But if winning meant he had to kill a boy who wouldn't fight...then he could do that, too.

--Taken from Return of the Jedi 

Vader was willing to kill Luke, and besides, your argument is reversible. Luke wanted to save Vader, not kill him. If you want to play a CIS card, it goes both ways.
#26 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@Silver2467: How extensively did Obi train Luke? I can't recall since I haven't watched the old Star Wars in 10 years.

Not much. The bulk of Luke's training was from Yoda.
#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Yeah I recall that. Nvm then, I was gonna say Luke if Obi trained him well he could possibly pick up on his style + what Yoda taught him could have been an advantage.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Old Darth Vader, old and broken, if we believe what Anakin says to Luke. Don't know. It seems more solid believing Kenobi could beat Luke (the specific version of Luke, cause as I said a future version of Luke Skywalker would definitely beat Kenobi). That's what I think, can't be certain though, it's fiction! LOL

#29 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: It might have been a neutral advantage, because, chances are, Obi-Wan would pick up on Luke's style too. But since they had very little time to train, it should be irrelevant.
#30 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: True, didn't think of that.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phaedrusgr said:

@Silver2467: Old Darth Vader, old and broken, if we believe what Anakin says to Luke. Don't know. It seems more solid believing Kenobi could beat Luke (the specific version of Luke, cause as I said a future version of Luke Skywalker would definitely beat Kenobi). That's what I think, can't be certain though, it's fiction! LOL

"Old and broken" Vader was still far more powerful than Obi-Wan and at least as skilled a duelist.
#32 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

It does indeed go both ways.

I'm simply unsure why you think that Luke was so much stronger than Obi-Wan. Luke also had very minimal mastery of the Force unlike Obi-Wan who had trained in it since his birth.

#33 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Azrael66 said:

It does indeed go both ways.

I'm simply unsure why you think that Luke was so much stronger than Obi-Wan.

Are you even reading my posts? 

@Silver2467  said: 
I have absolutely no idea who would win this. 
@Silver2467  said: 
Still not really sure about this. 
@Silver2467  said: 
So Obi-Wan might have similar success, but it is hard to say.
@Silver2467  said: 
All of them were good matches; I just think this one may be the closest so far. 
@Silver2467  said: 
Seriously, there is very little if any difference between the two in power and skill. 

I never once said Luke was so much stronger than Obi-Wan.

Luke also had very minimal mastery of the Force unlike Obi-Wan who had trained in it since his birth.

Again, are you reading my posts? 

@Silver2467 said: 
Nonsense. What has Obi-Wan done to prove he is better? Move his lightsber fast enough to create a shield out his lightsaber blade or run in a blur or deflect countless blaster bolts or see ships moving at sublight speeds in slow motion? Luke has done all that. As far as skill, Luke fought as an equal to Vader, beat Lumiya, and roughly stalemated Flint while attempting to avoid killing him. Obi-Wan has fought as an equal with Ventress and beaten Grievous. Telekinetically, Obi-Wan moved Durge's ship. Luke supported AT-STs. Obi-Wan has used Force Deflection; so has Luke.  

#34 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

If you put Anakin instead of Luke, we know who's going to win. Right? =P

#35 Posted by Stompa (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Stompa said:

Soresu.

And theoretically speaking, Soresu is perfect against any style because it can defend from basically any attack. That hardly means a Soresu master is unbeatable.

@MaceWindu said:

@Silver2467: Oh alright I see thanks.

And thanks this one was the best so far I think although i liked the Mace vs Dooku one me and you spent a good while arguing about that one lol.

The Mace vs Dooku thread was similarly close.

ah yes Soresu thank you. And of course a Soresu master is not unbeatable but you have a really hard time getting through his defenses. Wasn´t Zannah also a Soresu user? (i really have to re-read my Star Wars collection....but works a b****) Yeah whatever this is really a good matchup...

#36 Posted by Briancolding2 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke is the weakest Jedi ever. He only killed Vader because Vader was holding back. Obi Wan beat Vader in his prime, and Vader was not holding back.

#37 Posted by The Stegman (24306 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi Wan

#38 Posted by marvelboy02 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

luke had a old man to fight against. thats it. obi won fought the most powerful the sith had to throw at him. obi won seems to know alot more about the force than luke. hard one to answer but i go with obi won.

#39 Posted by Tony_Shark (474 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Obi could win. Hard to say though. Really Luke doesn't impress me as much as Obi does.

#40 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Briancolding2 said:
Luke is the weakest Jedi ever. He only killed Vader because Vader was holding back. Obi Wan beat Vader in his prime, and Vader was not holding back.
Not even worth responding to. 

@marvelboy02 said:

luke had a old man to fight against. thats it. obi won fought the most powerful the sith had to throw at him. obi won seems to know alot more about the force than luke. hard one to answer but i go with obi won.

Again with this "old man" nonsense in attempt to lowball Vader? When Obi-Wan can destroy cathedrals, casually throw ships, knock over colossal trees, withstand explosions, use Force Deflection to block hails of blaster bolts, use Deflection to stop lightsaber blows, control winds, and implant fear in other minds, let me know. Until then, the "old man" is still far more powerful than Obi-Wan is. And besides that, Luke also had Dark Jedi to deal with, just as Obi-Wan did. Furthermore, "the most powerful the Sith had to throw at him" would include Asajj Ventress and General Grievous. Are they formidable? Sure. As formidable as a true Sith? Not at all. And Obi-Wan's track record against Sith is poor. He lost to Darth Maul and lost to Tyranus multiple times. He defeated Vader on Mustafar but only because Anakin didn't have his head screwed on straight. Comparing that with Luke, Luke lost to Vader twice, but both of those losses occurred before he ever reached the rank of Knight and was still greatly inexperienced. By the end of the Rebellion era (RotJ and the events after), he was a perfect equal to Vader in lightsaber skill. Yes, he was inferior to Vader in power, as Luke himself had noted later on, but then again, so is Obi-Wan. So the point is moot.

All of this downgrading Luke and/or Vader is becoming tiresome. There is far more equality between the two than disparity. 

@Silver2467  said: 

I will be waiting for anyone suggesting Obi-Wan wins to tell me what Obi-Wan can/has done that Luke couldn't/hasn't. 

@Tony_Shark said:

I think Obi could win. Hard to say though. Really Luke doesn't impress me as much as Obi does.

Why not? If anything, Luke is more impressive than Obi-Wan because of how short his learning curve is, which comes on account of his massive potential.
#41 Posted by Transmetal (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Won would win this fight...he had more experience by that point then Luke did, His defensive style would work in his favor, and Obi-Won could hold his own against Anakin in his prime who Luke had trouble beating when he was subdued by his armor,

#42 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Transmetal said:

Obi-Won would win this fight...he had more experience by that point then Luke did, His defensive style would work in his favor, and Obi-Won could hold his own against Anakin in his prime who Luke had trouble beating when he was subdued by his armor,

-_- 

@Silver2467  said: 
@Silver2467  said: 

@Silver2467  said: 
Obi-Wan beat Anakin because Anakin was fighting stupidly and because Obi-Wan and Anakin knew every nuance of the other's respective fighting form, neither of which circumstance aids Kenobi in a duel against Luke. If it came down to a serious confrontation where Anakin acted competently, he would have defeated Obi-Wan. Moreover, Anakin is not far more powerful than Vader at all. In fact, Vader is more versatile as a Force practitioner and is at least as potent in his abilities overall, having demonstrated powers on the scale of crushing structures and buildings, both of which occurred before he reached his peak Post-Mustafar. As for speed, given the fact that Vader regularly fights characters such as Maul, Luke, and Obi-Wan, all of whom are only a notch below Anakin in speed (if even that), no, he is only slightly slower.
@Silver2467  said: 
Vader had more experience than Luke too, but Luke was even with him. Also, this emphasis on experience, while marginally important, is rather unfounded. If experience were an irrefutable signification of superiority, then no one would be capable of defeating Yoda or Odan-Urr or Beldorian or Ood or any of the other century to millennia old Jedi. Fact is though, Palpatine beat Yoda; Exar Kun killed Odan-Urr; Leia defeated Beldorian; and a few Massassi beat Ood. Let's not pretend experience equates to a superseding status among other characters.
@Silver2467  said: 
Again with this "old man" nonsense in attempt to lowball Vader? When Obi-Wan can destroy cathedrals, casually throw ships, knock over colossal trees, withstand explosions, use Force Deflection to block hails of blaster bolts, use Deflection to stop lightsaber blows, control winds, and implant fear in other minds, let me know. Until then, the "old man" is still far more powerful than Obi-Wan is. And besides that, Luke also had Dark Jedi to deal with, just as Obi-Wan did. Furthermore, "the most powerful the Sith had to throw at him" would include Asajj Ventress and General Grievous. Are they formidable? Sure. As formidable as a true Sith? Not at all. And Obi-Wan's track record against Sith is poor. He lost to Darth Maul and lost to Tyranus multiple times. He defeated Vader on Mustafar but only because Anakin didn't have his head screwed on straight. Comparing that with Luke, Luke lost to Vader twice, but both of those losses occurred before he ever reached the rank of Knight and was still greatly inexperienced. By the end of the Rebellion era (RotJ and the events after), he was a perfect equal to Vader in lightsaber skill. Yes, he was inferior to Vader in power, as Luke himself had noted later on, but then again, so is Obi-Wan. So the point is moot.

All of this downgrading Luke and/or Vader is becoming tiresome. There is far more equality between the two than disparity.
Getting tired of repeating myself. 

All of these redundant arguments about how Obi-Wan has more experience (so what?) or how he fought Anakin (even though Anakin never even fought competently) or how Vader is supposedly weak (stop that) have been refuted over and over again. Time to present something new.
#43 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Obi-Wan because he's more lucky. :D

#44 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

Obi-Wan because he has the high ground. :D

Fixed.
#45 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Fixed.

That's not just it. Think about it, Obi-Wan barely won every fight he was involved in, Maul decided to brag, he found a gun to use against Grevious, and he just happened to get the high ground. Every fight has one little thing that makes it turn out in his favor.

What I'm saying is I think Obi-Wan can manipulable probability.

#46 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

@Silver2467 said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Fixed.

That's not just it. Think about it, Obi-Wan barely won every fight he was involved in, Maul decided to brag, he found a gun to use against Grevious, and he just happened to get the high ground. Every fight has one little thing that makes it turn out in his favor.

What I'm saying is I think Obi-Wan can manipulable probability.

More like manipulate reality. Think about it, Maul and Grievous both had the high ground over Obi-Wan, and he still beat them. But when Obi-Wan had the high ground against Anakin, he still won. So if his opponent has the high ground, it doesn't matter. But if Obi-Wan has the high ground, he's invincible. 

Obi-Wan can win any fight if he or his enemy has the high ground. Notice how against Dooku, nobody had the higher or lower ground; they were on even footing. And because of that, Obi-Wan lost. 
#47 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Genius. Obi-Wan is the master of grounds.

Where is this taking place again?

#48 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

@Silver2467: Genius. Obi-Wan is the master of grounds.

Where is this taking place again?

According to the OP. 

@MaceWindu  said: 

- Fight takes place on mustafar on the platform where the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin began

That being the case, there is the possibility Obi-Wan could gain the high ground again. So I guess Obi-Wan wins then.  

All joking aside, I would still consider this a perfect 50/50 split.
#49 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: Agreed.

#50 Posted by Malonius (886 posts) - - Show Bio

I always assumed there was a lot of telepathic battle going on during the final duel between Vader and Luke in ROTJ...probably mostly telepathic. Plus the Emperor was there trying to turn Luke and get rid of Vader. The Force would have been like a fog in there. The physical confrontation was nothing compared to what was seen of the Jedi and Sith in their primes during the prequels.

Based on just what was in the movies I don't see how anyone could think ROTJ Luke could stand up to ROTS Obi-Wan. Might be better to think of Luke's skin-of-his-teeth performance on Jabba's sail barge. He pulled it off because the Force was with him, but Obi-Wan by the time of ROTS would have handled that situation with grace and style.