Obi Wan Kenobi vs Cade Skywalker

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Now that my match is over, what does the average joe think on personal opinion.

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Battle in the Jedi Library.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

skywalker

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cade wins via the Force.

Kenobi would win sabers only.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan Kenobi. Cade is not that good.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Thats funny, he is in the same tiers of Maul and Vader.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made my case in our debate bro. Kenobi wins via superior, speed, skill, durability, equal strength and TK and ability to deflect Force Lightning and dodge Dark Transfer attempts.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 8bitGangsta
Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8bitgangsta: I would put him at Quinlan Vos level, Obi-Wan is a bit too skilled for him. Cade cheapshotted Krayt to beat him, Obi-Wan beat him when he was younger, he's the reason Krayt only has 1 hand.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LuckyStrike

@8bitgangsta said:

@i_like_swords@jacthripper@luckystrike You three seem to know Cade, you think he is on Obi Wan level?

Obi Wan is a more skilled duelist, however Cade will have no problem forcing him into submission with his noticeably better telekinetic prowess which he won't hesitate to use, whether he resorts to it after not being able to impregnate Kenobi's style, or at the beginning of the fight. Kenobi's force shield has been been broken by weaker force users and there's a few other techniques that Obi Wan has no defense against if should Cade use them.

Don't let the Horseshit post below give you delusions about Krayt's power, Obi Wan fought the man who became Krayt long before his prime, in a confrontation that lasted a substantial amount of time too, so Cade can contend with people on Kenobi's level of skill.

@jacthripper said:

@8bitgangsta: I would put him at Quinlan Vos level, Obi-Wan is a bit too skilled for him. Cade cheapshotted Krayt to beat him, Obi-Wan beat him when he was younger, he's the reason Krayt only has 1 hand.

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cade still wins

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Well Cade has fought and beaten many times Nihl, Talon, and matched Krayt a few times. The first time he fought Krayt was when he fought Nihl, Krayt, and Talon at the same time.

Also he did not cheap shot anything form how I saw it. Krayt tried to attack him, Cade held his own easy, Krayt tried to mind screw him, and then Cade just stabbed him. Krayt had every opportunity to block. He could not do it in time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That is a good speed feat too. He was on his knees, back turn. Yet he moved fast enough to turn around, jump up, and stab Krayt who was actively fighting Cade. Thats a good speed feat now I think about it.

Also what about all the times Cade fought Sith who trained in the Korriban Temples with Korriban Holocrons for 3 generations straight? There not unproven Dark Jedi, they are more close to the training and skill of the Old Republic Sith. Cade owned them all in groups easy.

No Caption Provided

So yes, Quinlon Vos level dueling may well be accurate actually.

I think all that should be taken into acount for dueling. But would lose in natural dueling. The question is if his abuse of powerful TK powers can overcome.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made my case in our debate bro. Kenobi wins via superior, speed, skill, durability, equal strength and TK and ability to deflect Force Lightning and dodge Dark Transfer attempts.

I know your stance my friend. Good debate too. Closer fight than i would have thought at first.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WollfMyth209
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cade really can't do too much since I doubt he would ever land his Dark Transfer, and I'm not sure if the power disparity is enough to allow that in the first place. His telekinesis is definitely superior, but not enough for him to win a majority.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm actually in the middle of another debate now, lol.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Not really hooked, just a theme I wanted to debate and someone was happy to ablige and join in, defending the other party.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Not really hooked, just a theme I wanted to debate and someone was happy to ablige and join in, defending the other party.

Tag me for votes then.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cade really can't do too much since I doubt he would ever land his Dark Transfer, and I'm not sure if the power disparity is enough to allow that in the first place. His telekinesis is definitely superior, but not enough for him to win a majority.

Why not?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckystrike: I didn't make the argument, but it's probably because his enemy is holding a lightsaber that can slash his arm off pretty easily

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 8bitGangsta

@luckystrike: I didn't make the argument, but it's probably because his enemy is holding a lightsaber that can slash his arm off pretty easily

Yet Cade has a lightsaber as well. Its not hard for him to lock blades and then just grab Obi Wan with his free hand. Also Cade is a master martial artist in hand to hand. Which he uses in lightsaber combat. Saber on saber and kick to the face or punch, whatever, making contact for Dark Transfer. Once it starts, its game over. I can see reasons he would land it.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckystrike:

Obi Wan is a more skilled duelist, however Cade will have no problem forcing him into submission with his noticeably better telekinetic prowess which he won't hesitate to use, whether he resorts to it after not being able to impregnate Kenobi's style, or at the beginning of the fight. Kenobi's force shield has been been broken by weaker force users and there's a few other techniques that Obi Wan has no defense against if should Cade use them.

I'll quote Nova for you:

His telekinesis is definitely superior, but not enough for him to win a majority.

Who's weaker than Cade that has broken through Obi-Wan's Force defenses? And what techniques are you referring to, Dark Transfer? That requires Cade to make contact first, which there is a slim chance of that happening.

Obi Wan fought the man who became Krayt long before his prime, in a confrontation that lasted a substantial amount of time too, so Cade can contend with people on Kenobi's level of skill.

No it didn't last a substantial amount of time and the only reason Hett did so well was because he had an age advantage, a terrain advantage, and Obi Wan wasn't trying to kill him in the first place. Even with all of that, he still lost.

"You will have a Jedi funeral, Master Kenobi," Hett said. "That I promise."

Hett's hands dropped to his belt and the two lightsabers practically leapt into his gloved hands. He ignited both weapons at once, unleashing their identical green energy beams. He swung fast with the lightsaber in his right hand but Ben blocked it. The lightsabers sizzled loudly as they clashed.

It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull. He did not think about how long it had been since he had used his lightsaber in combat. Nor did consider that he was older than Hett by at least a decade, or Hett's considerable skills with his own weapons, and that the Tusken was far more experienced at fighting in the desert. Ben knew that any such thoughts would probably only get him killed.

As prepared as Ben was for many things, he was not ready to die. Not yet. Not today.

Hett brought his other lightsaber in at a sharp angle, forcing Ben back. Ben gripped his own weapon with both hands as he swung at Hett's legs, but Hett blocked the swipe. There was another loud sizzle as the blades dragged across each other.

Ben gasped as Hett launched a powerful kick to his midriff. The kick knocked Ben off his feet, and as he fell back through the air, Hett hurled one of his lightsabers at Ben's body. Ben clung tight to his own lightsaber as he twisted his body in midair to avoid being struck by the spinning blade of Hett's weapon. The moment Hett's lightsaber whipped past Ben's head, Hett used the Force to retrieve it, drawing it back to his waiting left hand.

As Hett caught the lightsaber, Ben rolled up from the ground and swung out again. Hett blocked the strike with his right lightsaber, then threw his left arm forward to smash his other lightsaber's handle into Ben's jaw.

Ben ignored the painful jolt to his head and reflexively brought his blade up, forcing Hett to block the blow with his right lightsaber and leaving his own midsection briefly exposed. Before Hett could strike with his other lightsaber, Ben kicked him hard in the stomach.

Hett grunted, but didn't go down. He lashed out again at Ben, kicking up sand as he moved in for the kill. Not one of the mounted Tuskens so much as flinched as they watched the duel, nor did they rally for their chief. They merely watched in silence, waiting for the outcome.

Ben blocked each blow, but he wasn't doing it with ease. Hett was far more experienced at fighting on the sand and in the desert heat. Ben knew that his opponent would never surrender, let alone withdraw. As much as he hoped to avoid killing Hett, he also knew that they couldn't keep fighting indefinitely.

But in the end, Ben knew he wasn't fighting for his own life. He was fighting for Luke's.

Quickly raising his left hand, Ben used the Force to push out at Hett, shoving him back through the air as Ben's lightsaber swept up and through Hett's right arm. Hett shouted as his arm fell away from his body. As Hett stumbled back, Ben used the Force to tear Hett's other lightsaber from his left hand's grip. Both of Hett's lightsabers deactivated as they sailed past Ben and landed in the sand behind him.

Source: The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi

That was not "a confrontation that lasted a substantial amount of time." Anakin vs Obi-Wan and Maul vs Qui Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan were fights that lasted a substantial amount of time. There were reasons Hett did so well against Obi-Wan, and most of them weren't because he can fight people on Obi-Wan's skill tier. Same goes for Cade. ABC logic rarely works in Star Wars.

@penderor said:

Thats funny, he is in the same tiers of Maul and Vader.

No he's not.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper said:

Yet Cade has a lightsaber as well. Its not hard for him to lock blades and then just grab Obi Wan with his free hand. Also Cade is a master martial artist in hand to hand. Which he uses in lightsaber combat. Saber on saber and kick to the face or punch, whatever, making contact for Dark Transfer. Once it starts, its game over. I can see reasons he would land it.

Obi-Wan fought h2h with Anakin Skywalker. You cannot compare Anias opponent with Cade lol. Besides, Obi-Wan already fought with someone using those tactics. It wont suprise him that much as you want.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckystrike: Obi-Wan also fights more defensively than any other duelist of his tier, he knows exactly how to keep safe and still disarm Cade.

8bitGangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@8bitgangsta said:

@jacthripper said:

Obi-Wan fought h2h with Anakin Skywalker. You cannot compare Anias opponent with Cade lol. Besides, Obi-Wan already fought with someone using those tactics. It wont suprise him that much as you want.

Obi Wan has been manhandled many times without his Saber in fights against peak human pirates, bounty hunters, Cad Bane, and more as well.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8bitgangsta: All of which occurred in TCW, which also had Ventress simultaneously choking Anakin and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka matching General Grievous, and some other rather PIS moments. For example, if you head over to ILS General Grievous Thread, he specifically states that he discluded his TCW feats because of the disparity to the EU.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@jacthripper said:

@8bitgangsta: All of which occurred in TCW, which also had Ventress simultaneously choking Anakin and Obi-Wan, Ahsoka matching General Grievous, and some other rather PIS moments. For example, if you head over to ILS General Grievous Thread, he specifically states that he discluded his TCW feats because of the disparity to the EU.

Whoah Whoah Whoah.... why is any of that bad?

Ventress has BETER feats in the EU against Anakin and Obi Wan with Force.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here Ventress nearly crushes Master Fay's heart, breaking through her TK defense. Master Fay was stated by Obi Wan to be far more powerful than himself.

"She was the strongest of us all, and for a brief moment, I could feel how strong. I suspect she would have lived forever, if not for this one sacrifice."―Obi-Wan Kenobi

No Caption Provided

Here she blows Kenobi through a reinforce wall, flying hundreds of feet.

No Caption Provided

Force pushes Anakin again across the dirt.

Do we Ignore these feats now because we dislike them? These are EU feats.

Ahsoka was very skilled fighter by the end of the Clone Wars, I think you seen her respect thread. She was the youngest padawan of the time, testament to her skill and potential, and made Jedi Knight in 3 years, but turned it down to walk away from it all.

@i_like_swords just dislikes how the big bad wolf is portrayed in Clone Wars. But its still canon and part of the EU. So he can deal with it.Grievous is no different than say Sabertooth. We know he is awesome when he wants to be, but we cannot ignore the mass Jobber feats becuase we simply dislike how it portrays him. Grieous jobs to Windu all the time, getting beat hilariously easy both times in EU, and also had major issues with a rookie Ventress after cracking her skull, and dealing with Durge who was a non factor.

Everyone has their good days and bad days, and ignoring the bad stuff becuase we dislike it is fine for a Respect Thread, but not ok to pretend it never happen or not a factor in battles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sirfizzwhizz: Can you please stop trying to bait me at every turn? I'm not interested.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@i_like_swords said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Can you please stop trying to bait me at every turn? I'm not interested.

Please bro, thats low, I tag ya because I am man enough to let ya know I am talking about you since I knew ya for so long. Or are we not cool anymore because I got into Star Wars and disagree with what you and Nova put out at times? Im just debating my point of views, don't take it personal from me, it all BS arguing over stupid comics and feats.

Better yet, I will PM ya.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@8bitgangsta said:

@jacthripper said:

Obi Wan has been manhandled many times without his Saber in fights against peak human pirates, bounty hunters, Cad Bane, and more as well.

Cade wont suprise him with anything.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@8bitgangsta said:

@penderor said:

@8bitgangsta said:

@jacthripper said:

Cade wont suprise him with anything.

True enough.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: To be fair, the only guy who doesn't job to Windu is Dooku, but it's not even jobbing, he's the freaking GrandMaster, of course he's a boss.

SwagBender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SwagBender

@sirfizzwhizz: I have a theory that force users who have been resurrected by Dark Transfer become twice as powerful. The reason why Cade blitzed Darth Krayt.