Superman

battle rules:

blood lusted

win by death

P.S if it's a stomp switch version of characters

#2 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#3 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova Prime. I don't see Supes getting past his sheilds and with the Worldmind on his side, Nova can easily drain him of his solar energy.

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlastCore9 said:

Didn't Nova take a solar system busting attack?

Yes and without a scratch.

#5 Posted by Mr_Winchester (706 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Nova Prime. I don't see Supes getting past his sheilds and with the Worldmind on his side, Nova can easily drain him of his solar energy.

This.

#6 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova easy he is way more powerful now

#7 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

#8 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Really?

Yep.

#9 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

so... is it safe to say Nova Stomps Supes

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

huh Superman defeated... :P

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Really?

Yep.

How powerful are Nova's shields?

#12 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Really?

Yep.

Powerful enough to take a solar system destroying blast from Galactus.

#13 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said

Dang... wow Nova got some impressive power. Taking a solar system destroying attack is insane.

#14 Edited by God_Spawn (37562 posts) - - Show Bio

He tanked solar system attack with his shields up. Without them Superman can hurt him.

#15 Posted by Z3RO180 (6426 posts) - - Show Bio

superman

#16 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Really?

Yep.

O.o

#17 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

superman

Elaborate.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37562 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlastCore9: He doesn't always have his shields up in the first place so yes, they can be turned on or off at will.

#19 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7403 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#20 Posted by Killemall (18458 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlastCore9 said:

Don't see how anyone can hurt this guy outside of Skyfather level characters.

Surfer had no problem stomping him, neither did Lord Mar Vell, i dont see either being a skyfather level, do you?

That blast didnt hurt anyone on side of Galactus though. assuming we are talking about Annihilation 06, and the list of people who didnt get killed also include Surfer and Gamora, i dont think one would argue Gamora could tank anything like that.

Also surfer had no problem beating him, neither did Lord Mar Vell. Although it was nice seeing him lobotomise Ego. Also note its bloodlusted, Surfer has blitzed him, superman could too.

#21 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Which superman are we talking about?

Other than that, to answer a few questions:

-The blast wasn't directed towards Nova and let all of the "good guys" intact, courtesy of Galactus. A few weeks after that, Nova almost got reduced to a pulp and Worldmind shut down for a while by a way lesser level of energy as they went through one of big G's siphons.

-Worlmind stated that the Surfer outclassed Nova in an incredible number of fields including speed and even offered to establish a list.

-The Shields and powers of Nova in general are of gravimetric nature (related to gravity), which let us think that going through his shields at max intensity is probably nigh impossible for something (or someone) with a mass.

#22 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

That blast didnt hurt anyone on side of Galactus though. assuming we are talking about Annihilation 06, and the list of people who didnt get killed also include Surfer and Gamora, i dont think one would argue Gamora could tank anything like that.

Also surfer had no problem beating him, neither did Lord Mar Vell. Although it was nice seeing him lobotomise Ego. Also note its bloodlusted, Surfer has blitzed him, superman could too.

Using the Surfer fight is not a good example. Nova wasn't using any of his more beneficial abilities against Surfer, like his sheilds, Worldmind, and energy blasts. Also Nova was trying to reason with Norrin, not fight him.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18458 posts) - - Show Bio

Using the Surfer fight is not a good example. Nova wasn't using any of his more beneficial abilities against Surfer, like his sheilds, Worldmind, and energy blasts. Also Nova was trying to reason with Norrin, not fight him.

Thats because surfer popped out before the world mind could warn him, also Nova 15 during Annihilation world mind itself states he's not nearly as powerful as Surfer (apparently i am missing scans of World Mind saying that).

#24 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Yes, but the Worldmind itself explained to nova how much he was outclassed by the Surfer and told him no to fight.

#25 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

docfatalis- Galactus teleported Drax and Gamora safely to a far away planet so they wouldn't be obliterated. Annihilus survived because he is really powerful and was amped by the cosmic control rod and the nega bands. But outside of them and Nova and those Nova shielded, nobody survived. The Galactus event also killed a Watcher.

#26 Posted by ckal (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

killemall- lord marvell is extremely powerful. That is not a good comparison as he would crush superman as well.

#27 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

NOVA FTW

#28 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlastCore9 said:

Can he activate shields at will? If so can they be bypassed? Superman has shown the ability to go intangible so it's possible he can get through his shields. How are Nova's speed and reaction time?

I'm not sure if that will work since Nova's powers are gravity-based. His shields are not just a static barrier, they constantly repel anything coming at him so I don't know if it can be bypassed by being vibrated through.

#29 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Thats because surfer popped out before the world mind could warn him, also Nova 15 during Annihilation world mind itself states he's not nearly as powerful as Surfer (apparently i am missing scans of World Mind saying that).

I do agree he has Nova outclassed, but then again he has Supes outclassed too.

Just cause Norrin can blitz Nova, doesn't mean Supes can and all Nova needs to do is turn his forcefield on and Supes has no way of harming him.

#30 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man of Steel!

#31 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Superman, though Nova could win if he fully utilizies his variety of powers.

#33 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes Bloodlusted could make the planet crumble. "as seen on the Superboy Prime Comic Arc"

#34 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to give this to Nova Prime, Last time he was blood lusted and had all the powers of the corp and worldmind? he destroyed the entire cancerverse. people should really have read Thanos Imperative.

Pre-52 superman or even current superman would not win, just do to the fact that Nova could absorb the yellow sun energies from his body at will. even if superman gets the first punch the damage is done and he would get weaker and eventually become too weak to fight.

#35 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends if Nova's force field is auto. But even then, he should have enough durability to hold his own against Superman.

#36 Posted by MB25 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Childs play...Bloodlusted Supes takes this, any more brain busters? :)

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@MB25 said:

Childs play...Bloodlusted Supes takes this, any more brain busters? :)

Explain. Nova is just as fast as Supes and there is no way for Supes to get past his forcefield.

#38 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova has so many variety of powers that there is no way he can actually beat him. I will put nova in the same league with the silver surfer. Both of them will stomp superman

#39 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm saying Nova for arguments stated.

#40 Posted by kktheman1 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Nova be cause he is a PWOTAGONIST HA HAHAHAHAHAAH but really Supes not getting past those SHields i may be a Dc fanboy but Nova wins here

#41 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio