#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio

vs. 

Rules & Specifications 
-NO BFR 
-Fight takes place in a huge open field in the Savage Land 

Who wins?
#2 Posted by -Unseen- (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hulk can kill grandmaster, silver surfer and a watcher but then get nearly taken out by Wolverine and Modok, a rather confusing character.  
Not really sure what to make of him, but if Nova uses his advantages like flight, speed, and ranged attacks he could maybe win, not sure if he has anything in his arsenal to permantely put Rulk down though.   

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Unseen- said:
" Red hulk can kill grandmaster, silver surfer and a watcher but then get nearly taken out by Wolverine and Modok, a rather confusing character.  Not really sure what to make of him, but if Nova uses his advantages like flight, speed, and ranged attacks he could maybe win, not sure if he has anything in his arsenal to permantely put Rulk down though.    "
What did Modok do to him?
#4 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a hard time taking Nova seriously sometimes. In his entire series, I don't think he's beaten anyone of notice. He had problems with moonstone, and yet he's supposed to take on Gladiator...

#5 Posted by -Unseen- (1198 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @-Unseen- said:
" Red hulk can kill grandmaster, silver surfer and a watcher but then get nearly taken out by Wolverine and Modok, a rather confusing character.  Not really sure what to make of him, but if Nova uses his advantages like flight, speed, and ranged attacks he could maybe win, not sure if he has anything in his arsenal to permantely put Rulk down though.    "
What did Modok do to him? "

Pretty much he and the Hulk robot restrain him, strap him to this machine,  and drain him of his energy.
#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Unseen- said:
" Red hulk can kill grandmaster, silver surfer and a watcher    "
Don't forget OF Thor, Doctor Strange, Namor, Baron Mordo and Terrax. -_-

Good thing that Surfer was from an alternate timeline and not the 616 version.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Nova beat Annihilus?

#8 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: tore his heart / guts straight out of his chest.

Does Nova have worldmind?
#9 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Didn't Nova beat Annihilus? "
Yeah. I've never seen him do anything as badass since.
#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
That was a pretty cool moment. But he only did it after Phyla claimed the nega-bands from Annihilus.
#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" That was a pretty cool moment. But he only did it after Phyla claimed the nega-bands from Annihilus. "
Cough*Quantum bands*cough
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Vance Astro: tore his heart / guts straight out of his chest.  Does Nova have worldmind? "
Does he currently have it? If not..not in this battle.
#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" That was a pretty cool moment. But he only did it after Phyla claimed the nega-bands from Annihilus. "
Cough*Quantum bands*cough "
All that Genis-Vell talk went over my head.
#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Voidheart said:
" @Vance Astro: tore his heart / guts straight out of his chest.  Does Nova have worldmind? "
Does he currently have it? If not..not in this battle. "
Not the original Worldmind. He has a new one that's based on Korell, I think her name was. The Nova Centurion who took his place after he "died" early on in his series and the Nova Force took time recovering him.
#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Rulk absorb the Nova Force?

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Could Rulk absorb the Nova Force? "
If he could grab Nova.
#17 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: does he need to grab him or does a touch do the trick also?
#18 Posted by -Unseen- (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm..... 

+ 

= 

Means...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

?

#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Unseen- said:
" Hmmm..... 

+ 

= 

Means...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

?

"
LOL. The scans burn my eyes and threaten my mental stability.
#20 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how Rulk is holding the Surfer in that scan by the neck, yet his hand is bigger than Surfer's head. Did the Surfer gain a foot extra in neck length I wasn't aware of?

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Vance Astro: does he need to grab him or does a touch do the trick also? "
I'm pretty sure he does.I haven't seen him taking energy like Ms.Marvel.
#22 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Though, is the nova force something he can actually take from him?

#23 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @-Unseen- said:
" Hmmm..... 

+ 

= 

Means...

?

"
LOL. The scans burn my eyes and threaten my mental stability. "

lol
#24 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

if Loebs writing it, then Rulk 
otherwise Nova

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" if Loebs writing it, then Rulk otherwise Nova "
#26 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: i think that his neck is just clasped between rulk's thumb and forefinger and that the rest of his hand is just resting on silver surfer's back
#27 Posted by TheJuggernautpunch (6133 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490 said:
" @AtPhantom: i think that his neck is just clasped between rulk's thumb and forefinger and that the rest of his hand is just resting on silver surfer's back "
Indeed.
#28 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulks absorption abilities are touch based.

#29 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

But could he catch Nova? Nope, Nova would barrage him and then rip his guts out.

#30 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Red_Justice said:
" if Loebs writing it, then Rulk otherwise Nova "
........... "
Let me be more clear, I think Nova would easily take out Rulk, that is just my opinion. but if Jeph Loeb was to actually write an issue about a confrontation between Rulk and Nova, then he would write it so Rulk would destroy Nova. As according to Loeb Rulk is strong enough to defeat Odinforce Thor... that is all. I'm not hating on Loeb I actually like his work but I don't like the Rulk all that much, I think he is a bad concept.
#31 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: Is that why Rulk was beaten getting dominated by Thor in the next encounter?
#32 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  I knew somebody would bring that up, well Rulk said that Thor had him "on the ropes" and personally, I don't think that counts as getting dominated. Furthermore because of Original Hulk's interference while Thor and Rulk were having round two, there can be no guarantee that Thor would have actually completely taken out Rulk. Once again just my opinion.
#33 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: No guarantee? Rulk admitted he was getting beat. In fact, he stated on panel that it was Hulks interference that saved him from getting beaten. Of course then the silly "madder Rulk gets hotter Rulk gets" bull they had to use to let Hulk get the victory.
#34 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Red_Justice: No guarantee? Rulk admitted he was getting beat. In fact, he stated on panel that it was Hulks interference that saved him from getting beaten. Of course then the silly "madder Rulk gets hotter Rulk gets" bull they had to use to let Hulk get the victory. "

That Rulk guy sure makes no sense. On one instance Thor's blows made no damage and where like ants hitting him and the other one they where devastating him ? I mean WTF ??
#35 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  I agree with pretty much everything you just said, but I was annoyed that it wasn't written so we actually saw Thor get to defeat Rulk outright,
 it just gave him benefit of the doubt and that annoyed me after Thor got dominated in their first encounter.
#36 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: 
 @Xan:
Rulk did his homework initially, and as it's often shown, Thor holds back against opponents. It's the same reason the Hulk and Hercules give him trouble sometimes, because he either holds back against friends or never utilizes his full power. In the second encounter, he obviously had no reservations about beating the tar out of Rulk.  and made Rulk pay for it.
#37 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut:  But still the Rulk came of waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than he should have and that is annoying. 
#38 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: I guess.  Honestly, I think it showed Rulk where he needed to be.
#39 Posted by SgtRYNO (170 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: Look closer, rulk only has one finger around surfers neck.
#40 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Well agree to disagree
#41 Posted by GhostPool (663 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" Could Rulk absorb the Nova Force? "
If he could grab Nova. "

Nova is retty speedy though
#42 Posted by Surge2477 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

my avatar wins. Rulk is terrible concept
#43 Posted by Havoc@Heaven (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually thor did pretty good against rulk with loebforce. Thor was taken by surprise at first that's why he lost. Rulk had prep knowledge and exploited it to take thor's hammer and use it against him. Round two Thor smacks rulk around and nearly kills rulk. It was pretty cool that Rulk even admits it himself. I think it was thor that stripped rulk's loebforce. It sure explains why next issue rulk get manhandled by wolverine.

#44 Posted by Havoc@Heaven (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Rulk can only absorb cosmic and gamma energy because that's what he's made of. Anything else is prob unlikely