Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
vs 

No Caption Provided
I know the basics and generalities of the two characters without any actual in depth knowledge and was curious about the outcome of the two characters.

1.The first round is a straight up fight until one of the two can no longer fight.  

2.The second round is a race across the country. From Las Angeles to Washington D.C.  

Who wins?
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Psyker star

Quick Silver is a better fighter and would probably win in a fight but North Star would win in a race.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

Northstar slaughters him.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Northstar would wreck Quicksilver

DaMainMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaMainMan

Quicksilver kicks his funny lil azz.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Northstar for both.

Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123

Isn't Northstar a WHOLE lot faster than Quicksilver??
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
" Isn't Northstar a WHOLE lot faster than Quicksilver?? "
YES.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
"Isn't Northstar a WHOLE lot faster than Quicksilver?? "
Yeah. 

Like 880 thousand times faster in addition to being tougher and generally more competant.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Northstar can make sharp turns at faster speeds than Quicksilver's max ranges.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@MisterGuyMan said:
" Northstar for both. "
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@DaMainMan said:
" Quicksilver kicks his funny lil azz. "
No he doesn't
Th3 FlAsH 123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Th3 FlAsH 123
@Zoom said:
"@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
"Isn't Northstar a WHOLE lot faster than Quicksilver?? "
Yeah.  Like 880 thousand times faster in addition to being tougher and generally more competant. "

lmao
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Northstar hands down..  

well unless Pietro decides to wear something like this during the race.. 

Then Jean Paul would be so preoccupied with something else and loss concentration on the race.. QUICKSILVER WINS.. LOL!!!
Holacik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Holacik
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
" Isn't Northstar a WHOLE lot faster than Quicksilver?? "
Oh yeah, Northstar moves at just under Lightspeed whereas Quicksilver does not.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lokheit

Northstar could reach higher speeds, but Quicksilver reaction time is higher than northstar because he lives at superspeed (northstar reach superspeed but he doesn't react at superspeed). Is like comparing two cars: the first one is the faster, but the second one while being fast too,can reach maximum speed in an instant. 

The difference is that for Quicksilver, everything is really slow compared to him, while from Northstar position, he is really faster than the rest of the world (I think that that's the reason for him to wear glasses sometimes, he feels the speed of the wind on his eyes when he reachs high speeds, while for Pietro, the speed of the wind is very slow). This is one of the reasons for Pietro having his bad attitude, he hates to wait for the rest of the world and that makes him angry. 

So, about the race, if this is a 3,2,1...GO! Quicksilver would win in short distances (where short is travelling from New York to Boston for example, he has run bigger distances in less than a second) because he would be at the end line when Northstar starts running. If the distance is big, Northstar would end covering the intial advantage due to higher speed. 

About a fight, I'm not sure. I'm supossing that Northstar isn't going to fly away from the fight or that they are in a close space so no one could try to scape or that they are really willing to fight till the end . 

Northstar is faster, but the thing is that Pietro can try to dodge him more effectively than Northstar can, and northstar can't reach the "0,9xspeedoflight" in a fight just because he would end out of the planet in just a second, so he has to fight at slower speeds than his real max speed. So in a fight their speed is caped at a more similar max (with Northstar max still being higher once capped) because  they have to control it, and given that Pietro has a better reaction time, I would give this one to him but I'm not really sure, I would need to think about it. 

I mean, it would be like (like, not exactly the same obviously) 2 monster trucks (yes, another example with cars lol) one of them can reach the same speed than a ferrari, wich useless when the car don't have enough space and will end crashing. The other one can maneuver better. If the first one caught the second one in a bad situation, the speed (that can't be his max "ferrari speed" ) will give it advantage and will hit it. But if both cars are in motion, the second one (the one wich can maneuver easier) will end winning this.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zoom

If Quicksilver's reaction time is so high, why is he constantly getting beaten up by people with normal reaction time? 

Northstar has better relexes by far and stomps this fight easily.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

What exactly is Pietro going to do against a guy that actually moves at light speed?

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kreg_penny
@Lokheit said:
" Northstar could reach higher speeds, but Quicksilver reaction time is higher than northstar because he lives at superspeed (northstar reach superspeed but he doesn't react at superspeed). Is like comparing two cars: the first one is the faster, but the second one while being fast too,can reach maximum speed in an instant.   The difference is that for Quicksilver, everything is really slow compared to him, while from Northstar position, he is really faster than the rest of the world (I think that that's the reason for him to wear glasses sometimes, he feels the speed of the wind on his eyes when he reachs high speeds, while for Pietro, the speed of the wind is very slow). This is one of the reasons for Pietro having his bad attitude, he hates to wait for the rest of the world and that makes him angry. So, about the race, if this is a 3,2,1...GO! Quicksilver would win in short distances (where short is travelling from New York to Boston for example, he has run bigger distances in less than a second) because he would be at the end line when Northstar starts running. If the distance is big, Northstar would end covering the intial advantage due to higher speed.  About a fight, I'm not sure. I'm supossing that Northstar isn't going to fly away from the fight or that they are in a close space so no one could try to scape or that they are really willing to fight till the end .   Northstar is faster, but the thing is that Pietro can try to dodge him more effectively than Northstar can, and northstar can't reach the "0,9xspeedoflight" in a fight just because he would end out of the planet in just a second, so he has to fight at slower speeds than his real max speed. So in a fight their speed is caped at a more similar max (with Northstar max still being higher once capped) because  they have to control it, and given that Pietro has a better reaction time, I would give this one to him but I'm not really sure, I would need to think about it.  I mean, it would be like (like, not exactly the same obviously) 2 monster trucks (yes, another example with cars lol) one of them can reach the same speed than a ferrari, wich useless when the car don't have enough space and will end crashing. The other one can maneuver better. If the first one caught the second one in a bad situation, the speed (that can't be his max "ferrari speed" ) will give it advantage and will hit it. But if both cars are in motion, the second one (the one wich can maneuver easier) will end winning this. "
This whole bit is so full of fail I don't know where to start, so I'll just dive in.   If Northstar couldn't react as fast as he can move, he would kill himself and everyone around him when he ran.  That's just absurd.   Quicksilver's original maximum speed was 220 mph; much later it was boosted to 700 mph.  Northstar can move at 186,000 miles per second.    Let's just imagine for one second that Quicksilver could actually start moving before Northstar; at 700 mph it would still take Quicksilver a little more than 19 minutes to get from Boston to New York.   In 19 minutes, Northstar could circle the entire Earth more than 140 times.    
Northstar has demonstrated his ability to move at tremendous speeds while in combat.   He wouldn't have to move 186,000 miles per second in a fight against Quicksilver, he just has to move faster than 700 mph;  Northstar could propel himself faster than 700 mph with a fart.  
And this doesn't even take into account all of the other stuff Northstar can do that Quicksilver can't, like generating explosive energy.  Northstar wins both contests before Quicksilver even starts moving. 
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lokheit
@kreg_penny:  

I know some of my wording sounds confusing (I'm not a native english speaker), let me clarify some points please: 

I never said that Quicksilver hadn't  a high enough reaction time, I was going to clarify the point of him dodging things while moving but I don't know why I forget to put it. 

What I mean is that Pietro reaction time is much faster than the speed of his body because he actually THINKS atsuperspeed. Northstar can react when he is at high speed the same way than the pilot of a plane can react without being able to move his body at the same speed of the plane, or when any of us see something moving at high speed and we are able to dodge it without moving as faster as the object, but on his own scale. It's obvious that he has enough reflexes to move at superspeed without crashing. But he doesn't thinks at superspeed.

And i've never seen Jean-Paul moving at his max speed and dodging objects at the same time (while I've seen Pietro doing it, but maybe I haven't seen enough of JP), he usually use this speed on open air, never on a fight.

And I've just remember another point about Jean-Paul reaction time: He was killed because he couldn't dodge an attack from wolverine  who can't move at superspeed, passing through Kitty Pryde, an with enough space between both for someone with his speed to dodge the attack. 

And correct me if I'm wrong but I though that he needed to be in contact with his sister to have access to explosive energy powers, but maybe I'm wrong about this point.
kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kreg_penny
@Lokheit said:

" @kreg_penny:  

I know some of my wording sounds confusing (I'm not a native english speaker), let me clarify some points please: 

I never said that Quicksilver hadn't  a high enough reaction time, I was going to clarify the point of him dodging things while moving but I don't know why I forget to put it. 

What I mean is that Pietro reaction time is much faster than the speed of his body because he actually THINKS atsuperspeed. Northstar can react when he is at high speed the same way than the pilot of a plane can react without being able to move his body at the same speed of the plane, or when any of us see something moving at high speed and we are able to dodge it without moving as faster as the object, but on his own scale. It's obvious that he has enough reflexes to move at superspeed without crashing. But he doesn't thinks at superspeed.

And i've never seen Jean-Paul moving at his max speed and dodging objects at the same time (while I've seen Pietro doing it, but maybe I haven't seen enough of JP), he usually use this speed on open air, never on a fight.

And I've just remember another point about Jean-Paul reaction time: He was killed because he couldn't dodge an attack from wolverine  who can't move at superspeed, passing through Kitty Pryde, an with enough space between both for someone with his speed to dodge the attack.  And correct me if I'm wrong but I though that he needed to be in contact with his sister to have access to explosive energy powers, but maybe I'm wrong about this point. "

It would be impossible to be able to move that fast without being able to think that fast;  he must think at super speed because physical reaction wouldn't be near enough to handle near light speed.    I've never seen anything in any comic to suggest Northstar lacks the ability to think as fast as he moves.  

And the second point; Northstar was ambushed by Wolverine.  Doesn't matter how fast you can move if you're unaware you're being attacked until youre dead.
kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kreg_penny
@Lokheit:   And btw, your english is great.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lokheit
@kreg_penny said:

" @Lokheit:   And btw, your english is great. "

Oh, thank you, but I know that sometimes I commit huge mistakes U.U 

BTW, can you confirm if he can use the energy powers without touching his sister? I'm curious about that, I though he couldn't but maybe he has been upgraded to use them alone. If he can use them without his crazy sister I supposse that it gives a real huge advantage on the fight against Quicksilver. 

I have to clarify that I have more apreciation for Jean-Paul than for Pietro, but I think that the son of magneto should be powerfull enough to at least present a good match against another mutant whose powers are of a similar style. 

Based on what I've read about Quicksilver, I think that his brain operates at a higher speed than any other character because he is often upset about how slow is everything for him and is the only character that gets angry about that. What I'm trying to say is that, if he could move at the same speed than JPaul, his actual reaction time without upgrades would be enough by a large margin to operate at JP speed. And if at some point both characters are static while fighting, Pietro could hit first because he can think about making the action fractions of second faster and in H2H combat for guys with superspeed this time is enough. Anyway I'm not sure who would win, but I don't think it's a curbstomp unless JP can use his other powers. 

And hey, somebody has to try to put arguments in favour of the guy that nobody is defending to create a debate :P (unless of course in some threads in the site made intentionally as epic curbstomps by fanboys lol) 

P.S: When I talk about not invulnerable guys reaching this speeds without their bodys shattering in little pieces I feel ridiculous lol... seriously, a human body that can be damaged as any other body couldn't resist this speeds, so the answer is that both of them explode during the fight xD
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By rbysjti

Northstar. He is faster

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kreg_penny
@Lokheit:   It just doesn't make any sense that Quicksilver could react faster than Northstar, with Quicksilver being so much slower than Northstar.  Yes,  Quicksilver's perceptions constantly slip into speed mode with out him meaning to, but I don't see how that grants him any sort of advantage over Northstar.  Once Northstar enters speed mode, Quicksilver just can't compete.   It's like a moped trying to outrun an  SSC Ultimate Aero.  

You are correct about the explosive energy; he must be in contact with his sister to use that power.  But the other things he can do on his own still place him light years ahead of Quicksilver.   His speed is based on his ability to channel a portion of the kinetic energy of the atomic motion in his body's molecules in a single direction.  As a side effect, the binding forces in and between his molecules increase, and makes him superhumanly durable.  Northstar's superspeed punches have shown to be able to hurt the Hulk.   On top of that, Northstar has mastered a personal style of hand-to-hand combat that takes full advantage of his speed, even using wind sheers as weapons.   He has peak human strength, and superhuman strength in his legs.  

Everything Quicksilver can do, Northstar can do better, and Northstar can do other stuff Quicksilver can't.  There is just no way for Quicksilver to win this.
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By agent9149

Northstar gives him a whooping and then drinks a coolatta

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Achilles.
@Edamame said:
" @Static Shock said:
" What exactly is Pietro going to do against a guy that actually moves at light speed? "
LOL.  "
hahaha.....
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By karrob
@geraldthesloth said:
" Northstar slaughters him. "
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By karrob
@Static Shock said:
" What exactly is Pietro going to do against a guy that actually moves at light speed? "
Not a dang but get thrown around like a dollar store rag doll.
Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lokheit
@kreg_penny: Ok, you convinced me man. After examining the arguments, and thinking clairly, Pietro doesn't have a chance against him. It's just a pity that someone with the family he has (Magento, Scarlet Witch and Polaris) can't compete against someone of his species that has powers of the same style than his own powers. 
SWATS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SWATS
@Static Shock: lose lol. love them both tho.
jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jojjimbo

Northstar.

Arterius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arterius
@Zoom said:
" If Quicksilver's reaction time is so high, why is he constantly getting beaten up by people with normal reaction time?  Northstar has better relexes by far and stomps this fight easily. "
Same reason why Harvey Dent can make Killer Croc bleed.

The writers hate them.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36  Edited By charlieboy

northstar ftw.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Matezoide2

people are actualy debating this? seriously?

StriderX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StriderX

StriderX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StriderX

Northstar has the race for sure. He is faster by far. As for the fight, hard to say. Technically he should win, but I don't see Pietro going down very easily.

Darren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darren
@Arterius:@Arterius said:
" @Zoom said:
" If Quicksilver's reaction time is so high, why is he constantly getting beaten up by people with normal reaction time?  Northstar has better relexes by far and stomps this fight easily. "
Same reason why Harvey Dent can make Killer Croc bleed.  The writers hate them. "
^^This ....Quicksilver would be an awesome character if they'd let him get over his family issues and use his near full potential on a more normal basis.

He should be marvel's counterpart of The Flash but whenever he's got close the writers pull him back down and brush him to the back for some ridiculous storyline.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zoom
@Arterius said:
" @Zoom said:
Same reason why Harvey Dent can make Killer Croc bleed.  The writers hate them. "

No arguement here but the effect of being disliked by writers is that the character in question gets weaker and weaker as their appearances become less and less impressive.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Northstar with extreme ease. In a fight and in a race.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By buttersdaman000

quicksilver is handled so horribly, and he's such a good character! 
@Darren said:

" @Arterius:@Arterius said:
" @Zoom said:
^^This ....Quicksilver would be an awesome character if they'd let him get over his family issues and use his near full potential on a more normal basis.  He should be marvel's counterpart of The Flash but whenever he's got close the writers pull him back down and brush him to the back for some ridiculous storyline. "

yeah he should be marvels fastest speedster, but it just seems like writers hate him lol
Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Japeto
@Zoom:  I would say PIS.
Japeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Japeto
@Darren:  I don't want Quicksilver to be like Flash no more lame characters please!!! Quicksilver is fine he doesn't need more speed and his family issues make the plot more interesting and the character more interesting at least it's my opinion otherwise without a villian as a father and a sister like Wanda Pietro would be less interesting not because of the character itself but the situations he would have to deal with.
SSGL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SSGL1

kind of off topic, but is there ANYONE in marvel that can transcend light speed?
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By beatboks1

Northstar stomp.

As simple as a speed of sound guy Vs a speed of light guy. real no brainer.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zoom
@Japeto said:
" @Zoom:  I would say PIS. "

When it happens once or twice?  Sure. 

When it happens constantly for decades at a time?  Yeah, I'd say that means the character actually became weaker, letting himself get sloppy or whatever.
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By drkhwk2001
@beatboks1 said:
" Northstar stomp.  As simple as a speed of sound guy Vs a speed of light guy. real no brainer. "
This
Darren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Darren
@SSGL1:   
It's possible Pulsar/Captain Marvel and a few others  could as Captain Universe.