Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Decoy Elite said:

Luthor wins this match up.

Yes, old me thank you for not being absolutely idiotic for once.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By dondave

Lex luthor ftw

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist

@AtPhantom said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Osborn wins this actually.

From the OP we are using Osborn with all the resources of H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Thunderbolts. Osborn with his Goblin stats and IM armour will be a handful as it is and ad to that all the SHIELD tech you can fit will be a advantage to Osborn. Also Osborn during that time was more focuse on the task of killing than Luther ever shown.

Dark Avengers Osborn FTW.

Assuming that's what the pic in the OP meant, then we're also using Lex Luthor as the President of the United States. That goes quite a bit longer than director of HAMMER.

Besides, Dark Avengers Osbourne was a moron. A penniless, powerless and half braindead Tony Stark ran circles around him for 12 issues. And Tony may be the world's greatest engineer, but he's no Lex when it comes to chessmaster skills.

Actually Tony stark could out maneuver Lex as he had Captain America. Tony has shown Strategic Genius on Caps level with Science intelligence on Reeds level.So I am not surprise he out maneuver Osborn.

Also what does President of USA get you Tech and Resource wise? Not a whole lot. President actually has LITTLE power and is more of a figure head who cannot get what he wants without consent from Congress and his own office at times. So I think you rate Presidency too high guy.

J. Edgar Hoover had more power than all the Presidents for over 4 terms! He was simply the FBI director lol.

Fact is being President means didly while the proven and out of the presidents hands tech and gear of SHIELD / HAMMER is superior to any tech or gear purchase and used by the USA Government.

Osborn should win due to better resources and more straight to kill approach. Just me.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By AtPhantom

@CadenceV2: Lex could outmaneuver Cap, Tony and Reed. Cap is a tactical and strategic thinker. Tony and Reed are scientists. Lex is a chessmaster. Getting people to do what he wants them to do is his whole shtick, and he is very good at it. After all, that's mainly how he stayed alive with the most powerful superhero on the planet gunning for him for years. And you don't think that guy could get anything he wants from the US government, military and various agencies? How do you think he became president in the first place?

J. Edgar Hoover had more power than US presidents not because his office awarded him power, but because he had enough dirt to use as leverage on anyone in DC. In other words he got it precisely the way Lex and Norm got it. Except where Hoover played the game on moderate and Norm plays it on hard, Lex plays it on the "I cheat Gods for fun" level.

Not being director of SHIELD is unlimited authority either. A lot of plot for Iron Man: Director of SHIELD was derived from Tony wanting to do something and the UN security council going "LOL NOPE".

On the subject of resources, the first thing we see Lex do in Superman/Batman as president is launch nukes to strike an asteroid in outer space! Through a Boom Tube! And then he assembles a squad of superheroes and sends them after Superman and Batman just because! And before that he took Doomsday captive and sold him Darkseid! There is barely any question that Lex wielded more power than Osborn did.

Mind you I think even without his resources Lex would circles around him. Did I mention that Tony was half brain dead?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pokergeist

@AtPhantom: I suppose those are god points however I think your over selling Luther when compared to Tony by alot. Tony was the master mind behind Civil War (and won really) as well responsible for the Avengers being funded and not hounded for Decades of Comics. Tony also split the Phoenix and defeated quote unquote Gods with prep. tONY HAS BEATEN Dr. Doom in chess games. Dr. Doom is ranked higher than Luther and defeated beings way higher than Luther has.

Anyway I will agree to disagree.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By AtPhantom

@CadenceV2: I don't think tony quite master minded the Civil War. He was one side of it, but he was as much the victim of circumstances as anyone else. If you move a little past the atrocious writing that was Civil War I think you can kinda glimpse how much he didn't want to do what he did, but he was given a mandate to uphold the law and saw no way out of it.

About the funding and sheltering, I suppose that's true. Thing is, Lex also did all that, and Lex is a villain. He's done an enormous number of straight out evil thing over the years, been to jail, cloned himself, got ousted several times, and he's maintained not only his global business empire and money supply, but a positive enough public image to be elected president! That's what I call mad skillz.

I suppose all in all I might be underplaying Tony, but I don't think it matter much here, because did I mention he was half brain dead already? :P

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Norman Osborn wins by playing dead and then biting Luthor's ear off, before making an obscene comment about how his bald head looks like the male reproductive organ. Afterwards he does a crazy laugh and goes even more bat shit crazy. He face then turns green and he dies from a heart attack, only to come back alive.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Equonox

Luthor...w/ his exosuit he has gone toe-to-toe w/ Supes, Larfleeze, and a bunch of heavy hitters. The Iron Patriot suit is cool and all, but nowhere near Lex

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor curbstomps Osborn's wannabe balls (in every aspect).

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor in a mother fcking stomp.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor... curbstomp

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please. Anything Osborn has done, Luthor has it better.

Osborn is a Luthor ripoff

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AtPhantom said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Osborn wins this actually.

From the OP we are using Osborn with all the resources of H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Thunderbolts. Osborn with his Goblin stats and IM armour will be a handful as it is and ad to that all the SHIELD tech you can fit will be a advantage to Osborn. Also Osborn during that time was more focuse on the task of killing than Luther ever shown.

Dark Avengers Osborn FTW.

Assuming that's what the pic in the OP meant, then we're also using Lex Luthor as the President of the United States. That goes quite a bit longer than director of HAMMER.

Besides, Dark Avengers Osbourne was a moron. A penniless, powerless and half braindead Tony Stark ran circles around him for 12 issues. And Tony may be the world's greatest engineer, but he's no Lex when it comes to chessmaster skills.

Actually Tony stark could out maneuver Lex as he had Captain America. Tony has shown Strategic Genius on Caps level with Science intelligence on Reeds level.So I am not surprise he out maneuver Osborn.

Also what does President of USA get you Tech and Resource wise? Not a whole lot. President actually has LITTLE power and is more of a figure head who cannot get what he wants without consent from Congress and his own office at times. So I think you rate Presidency too high guy.

J. Edgar Hoover had more power than all the Presidents for over 4 terms! He was simply the FBI director lol.

Fact is being President means didly while the proven and out of the presidents hands tech and gear of SHIELD / HAMMER is superior to any tech or gear purchase and used by the USA Government.

Osborn should win due to better resources and more straight to kill approach. Just me.

Wasn't Hoover President?

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all of his resources and smarts and knowledge and get it doneness OSBORN would definently win

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you think a suit that can tank tons of hits from Superman is a good match for a suit that is an inferior version of the suit that already got busted the hell up by Thor?

Mhm.

Gotta' love these stompity battles. -.-

Mr. Z~kun

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

luthor

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of these men is locked in a never ending struggle of good and evil with Spiderman, whom he often matches due to his enhanced body and combat suit.

The other is locked in a never ending struggle of good and evil with Superman, whom he often matches in combat with only his combat suit or political machinations.

It isn't hard to see which one is competing in a higher tier.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sylvain said:

Lex Luthor in a mother fcking stomp.

Even though i was rooting for the Osborn side, this passionate answer made me thinking. lol

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlackLegRaph

Luthor crushes Osborn.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#75 SC  Moderator

@ominousflare: Please remember CV has a policy against swearing, grawlixes are okay as a substitute however. Additionally please don't refer to other users, even in the general as you did. This isn't the place for that kind of talk. Thanks.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By _ANDY_CAN

Lex has this he's an expert trickster, inventor, businessman, billionaire, CEO, team leader, tactician , AND EVEN A PRESIDENT. not a spiderman hater(no offence) like osborn.

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@sc: This isn't the place for anything sensible, apparently.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#78 SC  Moderator

@ominousflare: No sir, this isn't. You want sensible? Thats the next town over, this place is Insensible ^_^.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex.

marvelfan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being president does not mean luthor wins. I'm giving this to osbourne

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@atphantom said:

Please. Anything Osborn has done, Luthor has it better.

Osborn is a Luthor ripoff

lol, not saying that Osborn wins, but he was doing the evil businessman/industrialist thing much longer than Luthor. When Osborn was introduced, luthor was still just a mad scientist

Parryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Parryboy

Luthor stomps... And steals his hair

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex is way superior to Norman Osborn. Way smarter and more inventive. Lex Luthor fights Superman and Osborn fights Spiderman. Luthor is on another level in my opinion. With prep Luthor should win easily (though personally I'm not that big on prep as I have no idea what they are going to do really).

LeSuperheros4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex can't necessarily utilize the American government's resources without the permission of Congress. Unless he wants to pull a Bush. Otherwise, he had LexCorp's resources. Osborn has OsCorp's and H.A.M.M.E.R.'s resources at his disposal. He is a tactical expert (he successfully laid siege to Asgard), is one of the most manipulative SOBs in Marvel, and doesn't screw around in combat. Now, Lex's suit is designed to take and give hits from and to Kryptonian, so I will give him that. The Iron Patriot armor, I am willing to bet, is more agile. If Lex can get enough hits in, and if his durability can hold up, hr will win. Otherwise, I give this battle to Norman.

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Norman Osborn would win. He is extremely intelligent Riddler-level and insane Joker-level. He would easily outsmart Lex Luthor.

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor takes it. His suit is more powerful.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#90  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Going by Dark Reign Osborn (which is when this thread was made, I think) he just gets Sentry to rip Luthor's battlesuit apart with a week of prep.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex is way more dangerous than Norman is. He is way more stable without as many exploitable weaknesses, and also he’s just smarter. Lex is like an evolved human and anyone who is voting for Norman should really read a few good Lex Luthor stories.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex is way more dangerous than Norman is. He is way more stable without as many exploitable weaknesses, and also he’s just smarter. Lex is like an evolved human and anyone who is voting for Norman should really read a few good Lex Luthor stories.

How does Lex beat Sentry as well as the rest of his Avengers/Thunderbolts plus the resources of SHIELD, the criminal connections of Hood, and the magical hax of Loki

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Lex has employed virtually every super villain on Earth before. He can create a new Bizarro, or just assemble the Legion of Doom again if he really needs to.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lex stomps. Norman’s achievements pale in comparison to Luthors.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@the_hajduk said:

@professorrespect: Lex has employed virtually every super villain on Earth before.

He didn't organise them tho, that was Pre Crisis Alexander Luthor from Earth-Three disguised as him, real Lex was too busy trying not to get killed by OMAC units in Antarctica

Usually Lex HATES having to share the glory with any other dude, his ego means that at best he uses them as cannon fodder than anything else, usually he needs to be convinced into getting people to help him out

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor takes it.