#1 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything goes, morals off (for Obsidian, Noob clearly has none...). Fight takes place at night.

#2 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Obisidan.

#3 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Any analysis with that?

#4 Posted by Saren (25690 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Saibot capable of? Obsidian is a planetary-level threat.

#5 Edited by laflux (16053 posts) - - Show Bio

huh

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224223 posts) - - Show Bio

probably Obsidian... I don't know if Saibot could actually take him down.

#7 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhat similar powers, actually - has a shadow form, can possess others via their shadow, can warp to and from the netherrealm at will (like Obsidian w/ the Shadowlands). On top of that, his shadow is basically sentient, tho under Noob's control.

#8 Edited by Saren (25690 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox said:
@citizenbane said:

Somewhat similar powers, actually - has a shadow form, can possess others via their shadow, can warp to and from the netherrealm at will (like Obsidian w/ the Shadowlands). On top of that, his shadow is basically sentient, tho under Noob's control.

Are his shadow powers on the same scale as Obsidian's? Ian Karkull had shadow powers too, he was killed by Obsidian because they weren't anywhere near his level.

#9 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: hard to say...MK has never been as grandiose as Marvel or DC in their displays of power, but according to the MK9 Noob story line he does end up ruling all of the Netherrealm (Hell in MK). He also is much more skilled in H2H, is much faster (especially reaction speed), and IMO more creative w/ his powers (count that for what you will). Part of why I thought this was a good matchup is simply because Noob's control of his own shadow, as well as it being functionally sentient, seems to be a good counter to Obsidian's more powerful applications of his power. I could be wrong, but I thought it could go either way, thus why I posted.

#10 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

That clarification was meant to foster more, not less, discussion...bump

#12 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the wiki on Obsidian, but it really doesn't say much of anything about him. How is his h2h? how fast is he? How skilled is he?

I read a post saying he is a planetary threat, in what way?

#13 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by MonsterStomp (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Thats the end of that story.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (21963 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless I am seriously forgetting something in MK lore I thought noob was like street level?

#16 Edited by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Lol! Seriously guy, you've got to give a little more detail than that. What did his shadows do? Make it dark? Noob is darkness, so if that is the case what does that mean.

Like I said before, the wiki on Obsidain is weak, and seeing as I know Noob inside and out, I'm looking for a good run down of Obs skills, abilities, and feats before a judgement can be made. From what I read in the wiki Obsidian has nothing that would put Noob down or give him pause.

@jashro44 said:

Unless I am seriously forgetting something in MK lore I thought noob was like street level?

What is Obsidian classified as? If I were to classify Noob he'd be a low to mid tier meta-human.

#20 Edited by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

Lol! Seriously guy, you've got to give a little more detail than that. What did his shadows do? Make it dark? Noob is darkness, so if that is the case what does that mean.

Like I said before, the wiki on Obsidain is weak, and seeing as I know Noob inside and out, I'm looking for a good run down of Obs skills, abilities, and feats before a judgement can be made. From what I read in the wiki Obsidian has nothing that would put Noob down or give him pause.

For that you need @citizenbane

#21 Posted by Saren (25690 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave:

@jashro44 said:

What is Obsidian classified as? If I were to classify Noob he'd be a low to mid tier meta-human.

Oh, well, god forbid a wiki should be inadequate or anything like that.

He didn't just make it dark; everything and everyone that was engulfed by his shadows fell under his control. As a result, it took him about 10 seconds to defeat most of the entire Justice Society, including Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Hourman One Million and Dr. Fate. He was hit by Shazam's lightning at point-blank range, he healed completely in an instant. While driven mad by the Starheart, he took down Alan Scott and Kyle Rayner at the same time. Without going into too much detail about his capabilities, that's the level he resides at.

If you were to classify Noob as a "low to mid-tier metahuman", he dies horribly. Obsidian eats high-tier metas for breakfast when he's in a violent mood.

#22 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well, god forbid a wiki should be inadequate or anything like that.

He didn't just make it dark; everything and everyone that was engulfed by his shadows fell under his control. As a result, it took him about 10 seconds to defeat most of the entire Justice Society, including Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Hourman One Million and Dr. Fate. He was hit by Shazam's lightning at point-blank range, he healed completely in an instant. While driven mad by the Starheart, he took down Alan Scott and Kyle Rayner at the same time. Without going into too much detail about his capabilities, that's the level he resides at.

If you were to classify Noob as a "low to mid-tier metahuman", he dies horribly. Obsidian eats high-tier metas for breakfast when he's in a violent mood.

Thank you.

Obsidian wins.

#23 Posted by NeonGameWave (7786 posts) - - Show Bio

Obsidian should win.

#24 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Noob!