Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SunDeep
No Caption Provided
VS
No Caption Provided

Batman (Nolan movie version, TDKR), versus Rorschach (Snyder movie version, Watchmen). Who wins?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SheenLantern

Rorschach

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach

That's what I thought as well. But does anyone want to argue Batman's case?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My recollection of Watchmen isn't perfect, but I seriously doubt Rorschach was better than Batman. In H2H he took down a handful of police officers pretty skillfully, but was overwhelmed before long. Batman even when out of his prime didn't have any trouble with mobs of mercenaries during Rises, nor did he have trouble with four elite ninja while still inexperienced during Begins. Rorschach fights dirty, but Baleman was an incredibly quick and tactical thinker, and his significantly superior physicals can't be ignored. Joker was just as brutal as Rorschach and yet he was still outsmarted by a bloodied and blinded Batman, so I don't see Rorschach fairing any better against a well-rested and prepared Batman. Bale also has feats against more noteworthy characters like Bane and Ra's, whereas Rorschach was all cannon fodder.

Baleman should take a comfortable majority.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By legacy6364

Nolan's batman took out an entire SWAT team, something Rorschach couldn't do. I don't see how Rorschach takes this.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Rorschach could take Ozys punches and kicks.

SunDeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SunDeep

@nickzambuto: @legacy6364: Those feats weren't in TDKR though, were they? By then, Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level- just the same as Rorschach, who's also a few years past his best before date by the time the events of Watchmen unfold. Still, Rorschach does have some decent H2H feats in the prison as well. And even in that scene in TDK, how would Nolan's Batman have fared if he'd been limited to whatever tools and weapons he could improvise on the spot, in the same way as Rorschach? And in that Batman vs. SWAT team scene, the SWAT team aren't even trying to take Batman into custody; they've got their own, different mission and they're just trying to stop him from interfering.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By legacy6364

@sundeep said:

@nickzambuto: @legacy6364: Those feats weren't in TDKR though, were they? By then, Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level- just the same as Rorschach, who's also a few years past his best-before date by the time the events of Watchmen unfold.

Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level, but he still took out a group of highly trained mercenaries, and Bane.

Rorschach beat on a man with cancer, got jumped by the cops, took out 3 thugs and a midget in prison, then got his ass kicked by Ozy.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

@nickzambuto: legacy6364: Those feats weren't in TDKR though, were they? By then, Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level- just the same as Rorschach, who's also a few years past his best before date by the time the events of Watchmen unfold. Still, Rorschach does have some decent H2H feats in the prison as well. And even in that scene in TDK, how would Nolan's Batman have fared if he'd been limited to whatever tools and weapons he could improvise on the spot, in the same way as Rorschach? And in that Batman vs. SWAT team scene, the SWAT team aren't even trying to take Batman into custody; they've got their own, different mission and they're just trying to stop him from interfering.

I think you missed my point. In saying Batman could take down mobs of mercenaries during Rises, when he was out of his prime, which is something Rorschach could not do, that only reinforces how above Rorschach Baleman would be in his prime.

That's a fair point about Baleman having more resources than Rorschach, but it's not as if he can't use that gear against Walter as well, so it's still an advantage.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundeep said:

@nickzambuto: @legacy6364: Those feats weren't in TDKR though, were they? By then, Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level- just the same as Rorschach, who's also a few years past his best-before date by the time the events of Watchmen unfold.

Batman's no longer at his peak fighting level, but he still took out a group of highly trained mercenaries, and Bane.

Rorschach beat on a man with cancer, got jumped by the cops, took out 3 thugs and a midget in prison, then got his ass kicked by Ozy.

Lmao.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inb4 frozen

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By silent_bomber

We've had this battle many times now IIRC

Rorschach's stats were higher, if Ozy couldn't knock him out I doubt Baleman could.

Rorschach definitely had higher agility, durability, and balance feats than Baleman

---------------------------------

In the movie Rorschach was held down by sheer weight of numbers, and that was after beating 5 cops at once.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarthAznable
legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

Batman.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

I don't think Batman can hit nearly as hard as Ozy.

Jackal9901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe this was done before

Anyway I say Rorschach.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C'mon guys is this even seriously a question? Rorschach for the win easily he was better his fighting style wasn't stiff unlike batman's he kicks batman's sorry ass lol and easily nolan batman wasn't really that great

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Loki9876

Batman, come one Rorschach lost against like 5 cops.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan Bats if he is at his peak. And also he did show alot more skill than Rorschach did in the movies. Stats i think are pretty equal.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Argh... haven't seen Watchmen for years now (hated it, I actually want to forget it), so...

- TAS

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Due to presentation The Watchmen characters seem to have higher physical stats, but in this case it's not enough to remove Batman's advantages in skill and intelligence. Batman simply has better feats against similar opponents.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman probably.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki9876 said:

Batman, come on Rorschach lost against like 5 cops.

No, he beat 4 in the building, jumped out the window, then beat 5 cops simultaneously in H2H on the street, but was then restrained by the next 5 who turned up whilst he was finishing off the last of the first 5 cops.

There were like 17-20 of them (he ran away from a 5th in the building, and there were at least 2 plainclothes)

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Batwuss can take down a SWAT squadron

Rorschach was defeated by a SWAT squadron

Therefore, Batwuss wins

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By frozen  Moderator

There is also the Gotham Knight story; whether that counts for Batman.

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman defeats Rorschach. Better gadgets, more agility which gives btr reaction time/combat speed. strength is comparable.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By silent_bomber
@life_without_progress said:

Batwuss can take down a SWAT squadron

Rorschach was defeated by a SWAT squadron

Therefore, Batwuss wins

Baleman was generally going against the SWAT 2 or 3 at a time and also had prep and planning and a magic motion detector, as well as the element of surprise, and the SWAT team were distracted by all the hostages and terrorists whilst they were fighting him.

Rorschach was taken by surprise, he was set up, he was already surrounded when he realised there was trouble and he had like <1 minute to prep and all he had access to was household objects, he was swarmed.

They're not that comparable, Rorschach's scenario was worse (and very different).

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@frozen: Batwuss is what I will always call him. Take it or leave it

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@silent_bomber: Batman didn't have prep. He wasn't even aware that he'd even be going up against a SWAT team; his initial plan was to take out the doctors and then get to The Joker, it was only when he actually entered the building to which he realized that the gunmen were hostages. He had to save the hostages and take on a SWAT team.

He had about as much time Rorschach did to take on SWAT (though; they did actually announce publicly to Rorschach that they've surrounded him).

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By silent_bomber
@frozen said:

@silent_bomber: Batman didn't have prep. He wasn't aware that he'd even be going up against a SWAT team; his initial plan was to take out the doctors and then get to The Joker, it was only when he actually entered the building to which he realized that the gunmen were hostages. He had to save the hostages and take on a SWAT team.

He went in there with sticky bombs and a whole load of other equipment and knew the building's layout reasonably well.

He also had a magic motion-detector and Morgan Freeman navigating him :)

Regardless I think you have to agree that the scenario's are completely different, Rorshach's was essentially a 10 man brawl after he left the building, and prior to him leaving they already had his position and he was surrounded before he knew what was happening.

Baleman's scenario included more emphasis on planning.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@silent_bomber: The situation was different I agree (and had some extra equipment). It wasn't his original plan to attack the SWAT; he had to alter his plan and also had the task of making sure that the SWAT didn't kill any of the hostages, he had very little time to actually accomplish what he did. He was fighting tactically; he did have Sonar technology which gave him somewhat of an element of surprise but I don't see why the element of surprise is irrelevant here. Batman's stealth feats are still valid and applicable against Rorschach.

I wouldn't call it planning, because his 'plan' changed as soon as he entered the building, and prior to that he commented that The Joker's situation is possibly more complicated than what the police think. It was improvising.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorschach.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers