Diana get shield and sword
Bruce gets katana and ninja gauntlets 

Round 2:
Diana gets wrist bands
Bruce gets batarangs 

Round 3:
They fight with there mits

#2 Posted by pooty (10321 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana wins all 3. she's the better fighter. batman himself said she is best fighter in the world.

#3 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana, she is better than all the Amazon's who each have centuries worth of fighting training. She trained under master martial artist I-Ching, so she's very skilled in "man's worlds" MA, and is skilled enough that Black Canary is surprised she could even touch her in a sparring match with no powers.

#4 Posted by The Rookie (3126 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that WW wins would not think it this much of a curbstomp though 

#6 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Don't think so either.
#7 Edited by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats

WW 

Edit:Tie
#8 Edited by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats, he has extensive training with weapons as does WW. But i think Bats skills with weapons are better.

WW, her bracelets will deflect his batarangs, so they're useless to him. Her natural reflexes are enough to block them without considering it a superpower. Afterwards she can use them as weapons themselves.

Tie, I have seen Bats spar with WW multiple times, WW seemed dominant in one, and in a different one Bats took her down, then she broke free with her super strength. 

Without her powers it would be a very good fight. I'd put them equal, if not with Bats slightly higher because of his vast knowledge of martial arts, and her primarily using Amazonian fighting techniques. But she has trained with I-Ching, and i've heard with Lady Shiva as well. It'd be a nice fight.
#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

It will not be easy but WW wins.
#10 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:  I agree
#11 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37:

@velle37 said:
" Bats, he has extensive training with weapons as does WW. But i think Bats skills with weapons are better. WW, her bracelets will deflect his batarangs, so they're useless to him. Her natural reflexes are enough to block them without considering it a superpower. Afterwards she can use them as weapons themselves. Tie, I have seen Bats spar with WW multiple times, WW seemed dominant in one, and in a different one Bats took her down, then she broke free with her super strength.  Without her powers it would be a very good fight. I'd put them equal, if not with Bats slightly higher because of his vast knowledge of martial arts, and her primarily using Amazonian fighting techniques. But she has trained with I-Ching, and i've heard with Lady Shiva as well. It'd be a nice fight. "

I think WW takes it...... 3000 years EXP vs maybe 25 years For Batman
#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14466 posts) - - Show Bio

No powers, Batman wins. 

On another note, is there any evidence that she is, in fact, 3000 years old? Most modern comics don't seem to mention that at all.

#13 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
" @velle37:

@velle37 said:
" Bats, he has extensive training with weapons as does WW. But i think Bats skills with weapons are better. WW, her bracelets will deflect his batarangs, so they're useless to him. Her natural reflexes are enough to block them without considering it a superpower. Afterwards she can use them as weapons themselves. Tie, I have seen Bats spar with WW multiple times, WW seemed dominant in one, and in a different one Bats took her down, then she broke free with her super strength.  Without her powers it would be a very good fight. I'd put them equal, if not with Bats slightly higher because of his vast knowledge of martial arts, and her primarily using Amazonian fighting techniques. But she has trained with I-Ching, and i've heard with Lady Shiva as well. It'd be a nice fight. "
I think WW takes it...... 3000 years EXP vs maybe 25 years For Batman "

A melee fight is a brawl. Hnad to hand multiple fighters all going at it. Weapons-wise Batman has been trained extensively. WW has too (bow/arrow, sword, spear, axe, etc), but she does this for sparring, hunting, or flat out killing in war. Batman has trained in the art of using the weapon of a martial fight setting/dojo/street-fight self defense, not necessarily war, but he has the advantage in this arena, though WW is not close behind. Both are very good martial artists, but Bruce has more variety, versatility, and knowledge of multiple forms. Plus this is a pic of him taking WW down in a sparring match. She breaks free in the next panel with her Super strength, but in this thread she doesn't have her super powers. I'm actually inclined to switch my answers to these questions to TIE, WW, Batman. maybe. 

And WW and Supes were in Valhalla for 1000 years, so WW is at least older than that, idk about 3000. And even if she did, that was 3000 years of training as an amazon, while bruce has been training in everything (prodigiously beyond his colleagues as noted by his senseis).
#14 Posted by Tim_Drake4444 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

WW 
Leaning towards Batman 
Batman

#15 Edited by AtPhantom (14466 posts) - - Show Bio

To be fair, any instance of Batman taking Wonder Woman with her powers is complete crap. With that said, Batman simply has more feats of martial prowess and has canonically trained in far more styles. Batman wins in every category.

#16 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37:  Cool only problem is you are making an opinon with no fact to support. 

A melee fight is a brawl. Hnad to hand multiple fighters all going at it. Weapons-wise Batman has been trained extensively. WW has too (bow/arrow, sword, spear, axe, etc), but she does this for sparring, hunting, or flat out killing in war

how do you know this. Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

The scan does not look like prove. Just looks like he suprised her. Or she let him do it. Can post some of the before and after scans to that page I would be interested in seeing it. What issue and comic is it?

I still think it would be a good fight with Wonder Woman taking him down.... My evidence is that he is clearly calling her the best in the world. To me Melee means Armed and Unarmed combat.... And since in the scan Wonder Woman does not have an axe spear sword and pretty much never carries one....ETC he was refering to unarmed. Besides Wonder Woman mainly fights unarmed around batman how could he possible be referring to weapons? 
#17 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#18 Posted by AtPhantom (14466 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Superman calling Batman the most dangerous person on the planet. Not true either. Feats>Statements

#19 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW: Just because Batman complimented her as the best melee fighter in the world doesn't mean that he couldn't take her in a fight if she didn't have her powers. Hell, Black Panther said that Shang Chi is the best in the world, but that doesn't mean Black Panther couldn't beat the crap out of Shang Chi. 

Actions speak louder than words.
#20 Posted by FallenAnvil (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard the term 'Throat Lock' used before. Maybe DC didn't want to use the terms 'Choke' (Which is cutting off oxygen to the brain.) or 'Strangle' (Which is cutting off blood flow to the brain). The use of the term throat implies a choke but perhaps Batman knows some nifty technique I'm just not aware of.

Very interesting scan.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
 Hell, Black Panther said that Shang Chi is the best in the world, but that doesn't mean Black Panther couldn't beat the crap out of Shang Chi.  
I could have sworn he only suggested Shang Chi was better than Iron Fist not that he was the best fighter in the world.
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: OK. I reread it. It was only Shang Chi being better than Iron Fist.
#24 Posted by Dark Zoom (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

batman FTW

#25 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

by completely removing her powers she becomes a mortal woman with average human physical attributes, her skillset doesn't go away but i ain't too sure if she can not physically match up with bats, Diana's melee skills would have to be much greater than bats in order to stay in this fight, who is the complete and better fighter all around, i think it's up for speculation
#26 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:
" @velle37:  Cool only problem is you are making an opinon with no fact to support. 

A melee fight is a brawl. Hnad to hand multiple fighters all going at it. Weapons-wise Batman has been trained extensively. WW has too (bow/arrow, sword, spear, axe, etc), but she does this for sparring, hunting, or flat out killing in war

how do you know this. Do you have any evidence to support this claim? The scan does not look like prove. Just looks like he suprised her. Or she let him do it. Can post some of the before and after scans to that page I would be interested in seeing it. What issue and comic is it? I still think it would be a good fight with Wonder Woman taking him down.... My evidence is that he is clearly calling her the best in the world. To me Melee means Armed and Unarmed combat.... And since in the scan Wonder Woman does not have an axe spear sword and pretty much never carries one....ETC he was refering to unarmed. Besides Wonder Woman mainly fights unarmed around batman how could he possible be referring to weapons?  "

I said he wasn't. I said he was referring to brawls. In terms of martial technique Bats wins. In an all or nothing royale it's WW supposedly, (by the definition of the word that is but eh...., this isn't making much sense to me). And that was a sparring session, she wasn't caught off guard. And back too when you said her age and training gives her the advantage, it would if the ratio of prodigiousness matched the amount of training. Ra's has been training for millenia, yet Nightwing took him down in The Great Leap. Sensei had been training for centuries and beat batman badly in less than 2 minutes, then Bats outsmarted him and Sensei dissapeared in the pure waters because he was unpure. It also depends on drive, Ra's trained to his leisure, Sensei trained specifically to perfect his craft, while Batman trained with fire in his heart at his parents death, and for justice against criminals, to push himself to his limits as a human (and surpass most preconceptions). Wonder Woman trained as it was part of her culture and more of a sport, and she was the best there (I say Artemis is close behind, i don't think Artemis could beat WW in a real fight). Woman also said something weird about the concept of competition the way our world sees it is different from on Themiscrya, if i find it i'll post it, cuz i thought they had comepetitions on her island all the time. BUT there is a different scan of a different training session with WW right here. 

Idk why the second one is so small. But she had him on his back then his beeper went off. That's why i sadid what i said, One of them Bats took her down, she had him briefly pinned here, and a different one was all of the JLA against her. BAts stunned WW then they swarmed her. But any of these WW couldn't win if she didn't have her powers. Black Canary somewhat took down WW in a sparring match. But WW was holding back tremendously, as she was in the first scan i posted. She broke free in the next panel.

"I remember Superman calling Batman the most dangerous person on the planet. Not true either. Feats>Statements "

He said that because Bats took down an alien army by himself to rescue them, called him the most dangerous man. Supes has also called Martian Manhunter the most powerful being on the planet. And MM doesn't have a lot of feats. They do this as characterization, to give connotation without doing anything. Like saying Shiva is the best in the world without much backstory, you just have to go off of reputation. But i see what you're saying just because a character says it doesn't make it true, that's where suspension of disbelief comes in (which shouldn't be, because plot should be good enough to be convincing). But eh... 

Bats has also called Shiva the best in the world, i was looking for the scan can't find it now, but he didn't say WW was the best fighter, he said best melee fighter. And he is saying this while she has powers, without powers she would lose in a straight fight to Bats. 

I really can't think of another man more dangerouas than batman, Deathstroke? Lex luthor? Ra's? hmmmmmm, nope. can't right now.  If bats really exploited his resources, no one could stop him. He's smarter than anyone who would try. But thaaaaaaaaaat's for another thread.
#27 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to know i am not the only one thinking that bats>WW (if she does not have her powers of course).
#28 Edited by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:

"Good to know i am not the only one thinking that bats>WW (if she does not have her powers of course). "

Of course it's Bats. He trained himself in every accessible form of knoweldge for mind and body, combat and detective work, martial arts and science in order to fight crime. His martial arts prowess is up there with Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon. His intellect is in a class with Mr. Terrific. He's one of the very strongest, fastest, and most agile of non metas on the planet (along with Nightwing and Cassandra, and Tiger and Shiva). In a straight fight Bats can take nearly anyone hand to hand, very few have managed to beat him. 

Richard stalemated him briefly, Tiger beat him, then later they fought and were interrupted, He's never faced Shiva formally, But i think he'd win, He fought Nightwing it was undecided (they didn't go all out, but NW does rival his skill, it was a cool fight), in a different fight i think Bats beat NW tho i'll check (just checked and no, that was when bats had supes powers too), fought Cassie claimed he had it under control, he's beaten armies of hoghly trained fighters, and fought consecutive masters continuously. He's trained specifically for this, while WW has relyed on her powers for most o her fights. Lasso, tiara, bacelets, armor, strength, speed, flight, she's a beast. And a damn good warrior too. I just think Bats is a better fighter, tough i only place him slightly above her in fighting ability.
#29 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman wins the first two because the weapons of choice go into her favor....Batman wins the last one.....

#30 Edited by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a toss up. Wonder Woman's experience vs. Batman's um.... Batman-ness. The only powerless Wonder Woman feats I can think of are when she held off a pack of wolves, got out of Captain Nazi's grip with quick thinking, and held off a bar full of psychos alongside Beowulf.  

Batman's powerless feats include, but are not limited too, being Batman. 

#31 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by Owen_Porter (83268 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll back Wonder Woman. Even without her powers she's still a master of Ancient and Modern Martial Arts.

#33 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman still seems to have all her agility, acrobatics, timing, tactics, aim judgement and courage in these SCANS even with her powers completely gone. I am pretty sure she would still be superhero class material. How many other heros could say that? not many. She is damn unique thats why I love her.

Anyway I still go with Wonder Woman (big suprise) but I also think each are close enough in skill so they could be made to win or lose in a non PIS way depending on which comic, Batman or Wonder Woman, the fight would take place in.

With the Weapons WW hands down...... but getting a good challenge  
It's so hard to say with hand to hand. I am leaning WW. Thousands of years training is a long time. Plus she has sought more recent training in mans world.
I think with every defeat Batman will learn and won't make the same mistake twice... and he would get incrementally better...

Of course this is all my opinion I could be completely wrong :(

#34 Posted by velle37 (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Really with all of these people who train for thousands of years.... how much better can you get? After the first..... hundred or so (if that) is it not rote from there?
#35 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:

"
Really with all of these people who train for thousands of years.... how much better can you get? After the first..... hundred or so (if that) is it not rote from there? "

I don't look at it as getting faster or stronger or something..... to me its more of a mental thing..... more focused, perception, concentration, anticipation, visualisation, understanding, oneness, zen etc... I don't think the mind has limits...... The mind is the best weapon it controls everything....... I do agree that peoples bodies won't continue to improve for thousands of years but the control the mind has over physical body can grow infinitely. I would not be suprised if Wonder Womans training is mostly meditation based at this point. Thats my take on it.
#36 Edited by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana easily! she is the best fighter in DC universe 

#37 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan: She's probably 2nd.
#38 Posted by Agent9149 (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

girl power

#39 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc:
and who is better?
#40 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" Diana easily! she is the best fighter in DC universe "
Not even in the Top 3 actually.

Without her powers, Batman wins.
#41 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan: Karate Kid is better.
#42 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach:
she is! why is she worse fighter without her powers? she have been fighting all her life, since she was a child
#43 Posted by ComicStooge (9698 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
"To be fair, any instance of Batman taking Wonder Woman with her powers is complete crap. With that said, Batman simply has more feats of martial prowess and has canonically trained in far more styles. Batman wins in every category. "
#44 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow I forgot I made this my further research on Wonder Woman since than determines her to be victorious 

#45 Posted by anthol (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman all three.

#46 Posted by Fetts (4083 posts) - - Show Bio

Ends in sex. At least hopefully...one day it'll happen.....just you wait....one day......

#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Batman
#48 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give round 1 to Wonder Woman: given her amazonian training sword and shield combo is dangerous. And since Batman would be strictly non-lethal, Diana should win in a good fight.

Rounds 2 & 3 to Batman: the bracelets will lose much of their edge without Diana's superspeed. And Batman is a better hand to hand fighter.

#49 Posted by The Stegman (20769 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One-WW 

Round 2, 3- Batman

#50 Posted by Pokeysteve (7022 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure she isn't 3000 years old. The rest of the Amazons are.

I want to back Batman because of lack of feats on Diana's part. Batman's more styles doesn't automatically equal a win either people. This would be a hell of a fight.