Fragile Guy: Roy Mustang

All Rounder: Samurai Jack

High Tier Street: Astounding Wolf Man

@homicidalmaniac

Fragile Guy: Styil Magnus

All Rounder: Ren Toa

High Tier Street: Sogiita Gunha

Map:

Top Team starts left. Bottom team starts right.

Rules:

• No BFR.
  • In Character.
  • Random Battles.
  • Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear.
#2 Posted by gunswordfist_ (185 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8305 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by GhostRavage (9485 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try and make a post later.

#8 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: I'd also appreciate it if you could go first. I have no idea who your characters are.

#9 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8305 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by homicidalmaniac (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I recheck Gunha feats,Gunha is at least above a Class 50 tonner.So I pretty sure being above a Class 20 is against the rules.

#11 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: @yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: For the purpose of this tourney, I will allow Gunha but he will be nerfed to 20 tons to get this rolling.

Everyone has one week from now to debate until I open votes or disqualify both parties if no arguments are made.

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: Could you post your opener? I don't know anything about your characters lol.

#13 Edited by homicidalmaniac (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I talk about Stiyl and Gunha first and I talk about about Ren in a later post

Stiyl Magnus is a fire magician in the To Aru Universe.Stiyl would kill his enemies if he have to.So as in-character,he wouldn't hold back as much.

Stiyl's Kenaz cause Touma's eyes as like they were being burned

The lit cigarette flew horizontally, over the metal railing, and hit the wall of the neighboring building.

An orange line traced the cigarette’s path as an afterimage and sparks flew when it hit the wall.

“Kenaz (Flames)."

The instant that Stiyl muttered, the orange line exploded.

A sword of flames appeared in a straight line as if someone had turned on a fire hose loaded with gasoline. The paint gradually changed color like a picture being scorched by a lighter.

He was not in contact with the fire but it still felt like his eyes were being burned just by watching it. Kamijou instinctually stopped running and brought his hands up to cover his face.

-A Certain Magical Index Volume 1

Stiyl's flames can reach up to 3000 Celsius

Past the hands covering his face, Kamijou could see the magician smiling.

While smiling, Stiyl Magnus swung the blazing flame sword horizontally at Kamijou Touma.

The instant it touched him, it lost shape and exploded in all directions like an erupting volcano.

Heat waves, flashes of light, explosive noise, and black smoke burst in every direction.

“Maybe I overdid it.”

Stiyl scratched at his head in front of what looked like the aftermath of a bombing. Just to be sure, he looked around to see if anyone was coming out to see what was going on. It was the first day of summer vacation, so most of the residents of that boy’s dorm would be out. However, it would be bad if some friendless shut-in was in one of the rooms.

He could not see ahead directly because of the screen of flames and smoke.

However, he did not need to check. That strike had created hellish flames of 3000 degrees Celsius. At temperatures above 2000 degrees Celsius, the human body would melt before it burned which meant the boy likely looked similar to the metal railing that had melted like a sugar sculpture. It was probable that he was splattered across the dorm wall like a used piece of gum.

Everything(besides Touma)around Stiyl's flames was melted

For an instant, the magician froze in place at the voice coming from those hellish flames.

With a roar, the wall of flames and smoke swirled and was blown away.

It was as if a tornado had appeared in the center of the flames and smoke and blew them all away.

Kamijou Touma stood there.

The metal railing had been melted like a sugar sculpture, the paint on the floor and walls had peeled, the fluorescent lights had melted and dripped down in the intense heat, but the boy had remained unharmed in the middle of those unworldly flames and scorching heats.

This is Stiyl's trump card

Stiyl can summon Innocentius which is a fire demon that regen that threw at it.Touma's Image Breaker was unable to negate Innocentius.

“MTWOTFFTO. (One of the five great elements from which the world is constructed.) IIGOIIOF. (The great flame of the beginning.)”

An unpleasant sweat began to drip from Stiyl’s entire body. This was because the creature before him in a summer uniform had taken the form of a human. Stiyl’s spine trembled as he got the feeling that inside that boy’s skin was not flesh and blood but some strange oozing something.

“IIBOLAIIAOE. (It is a light of blessing that raises life and a light of judgment that punishes evil.)IIMHAIIBOD. (It is overflowing with calm blessings and with freezing misfortune that destroys cold darkness.)IINFIIMS. (Its name is fire and its role is the sword.) ICRMMBGP! (Be manifested and become the power that eats into my body!)”

The torso of Stiyl’s priest’s habit swelled out and forces from within popped off the buttons.

With the roar of flames sucking in oxygen, a giant mass of fire shot out from within his clothes.

It was not merely a mass of flames.

The crimson burning flames had something black and dripping like fuel oil at its core. It was in the form of a human. The thing was reminiscent of the seabirds dripping with black fuel oil after a tanker accident, and it was eternally burning.

Its name was Innocentius. Its meaning was “I will surely kill you.”

The giant flame god who bore the meaning of certain death spread its arms and charged toward Kamijou Touma like a bullet.

“Out of the way.”

Kamijou used a backhanded blow with the annoyed attitude of someone brushing aside a spider web.

Kamijou Touma blew away Stiyl Magnus’s final trump card. As if he had stabbed a water balloon with a pin, the human-shaped fuel oil symbolizing the giant flame god burst into spray and scattered about the area.

“…?”

Kamijou Touma had no real reason for not taking his last step at that moment.

It was simply that Stiyl was still smiling despite having his final trump card destroyed. That expression was enough to make him hesitate before carelessly taking that last step.

The sound of a viscous liquid moving could be heard from all around.

“Wha-!?”

As Kamijou took a step back in surprise, the black spray returned from all directions, gathered in midair, and reformed into a human shape.

If Kamijou had taken that last step, he would certainly have been enveloped by flames from all directions.

Kamijou’s mind was thrown into disarray at the scene before his eyes. If his right hand could do what he was always saying it could, it could negate even the systems of God seen in myths in a single strike. If that had been the supernatural power known as magic, he should have been able to negate it with that one touch. And yet…

The oily fuel within the flames writhed, changed form, and now seemed to be holding a sword in both hands.

Gunha Sogiita is the Number 7 of the Level 5 Espers in Academy City.Gunha was born with his powers and it listed as a Gemstone.He and the rest of Academy City doesn't know what his Esper power really is.Gunha combat speed been stated to be Mach 2 and he doesn't feel pain.

Right To Left

Gunha destroy the scraps of buildings with a causal punch

Right To Left

Here Gunha punch down a electric attack from Doll Misaka

In this scan,Gunha dodge Iron Sand and Iron Sand can catch up with super-sonic characters and up.

Right To Left

Gunha can create a energy blast that destroy a Iron Sand dome.IIRC,Iron Sand have been stated to be way more powerful than steel.

Right To Left

Gunha been hit by Doll Misaka lightning and he had clash into a building.Gunha got right back up after he hit the building.

#14 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac:

Roy Mustang

Nice. I see we have similarities on our team! We both have anime characters that have extensive fire manipulation. Unfortunately for you guys, I firmly believe Roy Mustang is superior in the field. Before I start listing his feats, I should tell you that Envy is an extremely formidable enemy. He possesses super-strength and speed, as well as shape-shifting and an incredibly powerful healing factor. The super-strength is from Envy's true form, which is a giant, horrendous monster, and even while he is in his human form he retains the mass of his true transformation. Despite this, he is still incredibly fast. His healing factor is powerful enough to easily shrug off point-blank pistol and sniper fire, an instantaneous "death touch" from Scar, giant ice spikes, and more. Yet, Envy is still helpless against Roy because of his unique power-set. Mustang is a State Alchemist and has the ability of fire manipulation, as I have stated before. His flames are instantaneous, and can either be pin-point, or an extremely large explosion. He has morals, but they're not tight, as he served in the Ishvalan War and it was inferred that he was ordered to kill innocents and enemies alike. If there is an enemy, he won't hesitate to out-right kill them. I don't see anything stopping that either, as he can potentially solo your team...unless its raining.

• [3:03 - 3:06] Accurately shoots flame at Envy (disguised as Hughes' wife) towards his mouth.
  • [4:38 - 4:43] Ignites Envy's eye liquids to the point where they are boiling with pinpoint accuracy.
  • [4:52 - 4:58] Sets Envy's entire, giant body on fire with absolute ease.
  • [6:41 - 6:51] Generates three big and powerful fire blasts that renders Envy to his knees.
  • [6:58 - 7:02] Roy remarks that he could ignite Envy's bone marrow.
  • [7:11 - 7:20] Despite Envy shape-shifting as Mustang's best friend (deceased), Roy deduces the disguise and counters.
  • [7:27 - 7:55] Continues to stomp Envy and states that he has pinpoint accuracy with his flame alchemy.
  • [10:28 - 11:56] Some dialogue, but for the most part rapidly slaughters Envy without problems.

Samurai Jack

Gunha seems like an impressive combatant, but I don't think he has the speed to contend with Samurai Jack. Jack is someone who has been able to hold his own against a nigh-omnipotent demon, Aku, because of his enchanted sword, speed, and skill. His sword insanely powerful, and can counter or parry anything your team can dish out.

"This sword was forged from the righteousness of the qi within thee. It possesses the power to destroy this evil force."

-Odin, Ra and Vishnu, Episode XXXVIII: The Birth of Evil, Part 2

This sword can cut through anything. After Jack received his ancestor amp, he was able to cut through the adamantium of his universe. That is crazy powerful! He has shown to be able to easily deflect lasers and like future weaponry with absolute ease. He's also went around the world and trained under the most formidable experts from various fields, including hand-to-hand combat under monks. He's also an expert in practically every weapon to the point of randomly picking up foreign and alien weapons from the future and using them efficiently. He's an expert in stick-fighting, spears, archery, wrestling, and more.

So yeah, Jack has the superior skill and experience here. He's also capable of jumping higher than skyscrapers, something I can elaborate on later if asked. Skill and an indestructible sword sounds like an awesome combo right? Well let's add speed to the mix. Jack has been able to effortlessly speed-blitz the most notorious bounty hunters across the galaxy, who had extensive information on him, as well as days of preparations. They even have the benefit of ambushing him. What happens? Jack blitzes them with nonchalance before a water-drop even hits the ground. Keep in mind these hunters aren't completely featless or fodder. The entire episode was revolving around them, and you only see Jack until the end.

I've run out of time, so I'll save Astounding Wolf-Man for later, similar to how you're saving Ren for later.

#15 Edited by homicidalmaniac (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac:

Roy Mustang

Nice. I see we have similarities on our team! We both have anime characters that have extensive fire manipulation. Unfortunately for you guys, I firmly believe Roy Mustang is superior in the field. Before I start listing his feats, I should tell you that Envy is an extremely formidable enemy. He possesses super-strength and speed, as well as shape-shifting and an incredibly powerful healing factor. The super-strength is from Envy's true form, which is a giant, horrendous monster, and even while he is in his human form he retains the mass of his true transformation. Despite this, he is still incredibly fast. His healing factor is powerful enough to easily shrug off point-blank pistol and sniper fire, an instantaneous "death touch" from Scar, giant ice spikes, and more. Yet, Envy is still helpless against Roy because of his unique power-set. Mustang is a State Alchemist and has the ability of fire manipulation, as I have stated before. His flames are instantaneous, and can either be pin-point, or an extremely large explosion. He has morals, but they're not tight, as he served in the Ishvalan War and it was inferred that he was ordered to kill innocents and enemies alike. If there is an enemy, he won't hesitate to out-right kill them. I don't see anything stopping that either, as he can potentially solo your team...unless its raining.

Roy is a good match for Styil,but I do believe that Stiyl is better than Roy.Stiyl have dealt with a alchemist named Aureolus Izzard.Aureolus was a border-line reality warper and Stiyl beaten a copy of Aureolus.Styil beaten the fake Aureolus by creating a mirage(aka a illusion)of himself and cut off the fake Aureolus arm an leg with a flame sword like butter.

Stiyl create a illusion of himself

The fake Aureolus decided to use his full power to crush the enemy before him, raising his blade.

“Also, you should understand this one clearly. How could the real Aureolus Izzard lose so easily?” said a voice from behind the alchemist. In a moment, a warm, oven-like atmosphere brushed past the alchemist’s face. Then, in a formerly empty place, Stiyl Magnus appeared.

A mirage…?! The fake Aureolus began to back away.

The so-called mirage was a phenomenon caused by thermal expansion that caused light to refract. Thus, it was possible for Stiyl to seemingly melt into the air or cause himself to appear somewhere like a movie projection. Such a fake image was what was repeatedly speared by Limen Magna. The true Stiyl had hidden himself in the air and crept behind Aureolus.

Aureolus thoroughly perceived Stiyl’s tactic in but a moment. It was with such mirages that Stiyl avoided Limen Magna. However, the illusions that were speared seemed to cause mental falsehoods for the alchemist and the moments where the illusion and body overlapped were the most precarious.

If Stiyl stopped to think, he would have been filled with holes.

As the false Aureolus dragged his thought back to reality, a sword of flames appeared in Stiyl’s right hand, which swung vertically and hacked his left hand and leg off. The cuts were extremely smooth, like a hot knife slicing butter. The parts sliced by 3000 Celsius flames did not even bleed.

“Uuah… Ah…” What dominated the alchemist’s mind was not the bodily pain.

Also, you should understand this one clearly. How could the real Aureolus Izzard lose so easily? Stiyl’s words echoed in his mind and shook it. It was true, Aureolus Izzard was certainly invincible and overwhelming, never knowing either failure or retreat. He could only have been called a perfect saint.

But… what was his currently sorry state? As of then, was he no different from a frightened cat that used all sorts of gimmicks for protection and trembled before attacks?

“A…AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

-A Certain Magical Index Volume 2

• [3:03 - 3:06] Accurately shoots flame at Envy (disguised as Hughes' wife) towards his mouth.
  • [4:38 - 4:43] Ignites Envy's eye liquids to the point where they are boiling with pinpoint accuracy.
  • [4:52 - 4:58] Sets Envy's entire, giant body on fire with absolute ease.
  • [6:41 - 6:51] Generates three big and powerful fire blasts that renders Envy to his knees.
  • [6:58 - 7:02] Roy remarks that he could ignite Envy's bone marrow.
  • [7:11 - 7:20] Despite Envy shape-shifting as Mustang's best friend (deceased), Roy deduces the disguise and counters.
  • [7:27 - 7:55] Continues to stomp Envy and states that he has pinpoint accuracy with his flame alchemy.
  • [10:28 - 11:56] Some dialogue, but for the most part rapidly slaughters Envy without problems.

This are good feats,but their aren't enough to take down Stiyl's Inncentius.Inncentius is made up of pure flame and he can take anything Roy can throw at him.Inncentius tank Index's Dragon Breath which turn anything into a Feather of Light.The only way that Roy can beat Inncentius is that he need to destroy all of Stiyl's rune cards.That was very hard for Roy considering that Stiyl can use up to 10,000 rune cards.

Index describe why Innocentius can't be negated

“Runes.”

Kamijou Touma heard something.

Due to the danger in front of him, he could not turn around, but he certainly heard someone’s voice.

“Those twenty four characters used to indicate mysteries and secrets have been used as a magic language by Germanic tribes since the 2nd Century and are found in the roots of Old English.”

However, Kamijou could not believe it was Index’s voice despite knowing it was.

“Wha-…?”

Despite how beat up and bloody she was, how could she be speaking so calmly? He shakily thought.

“Attacking Innocentius will have no effect. Unless the rune engravings carved into the walls, floor, and ceiling are eliminated, it will revive as many times as necessary.”

Kamijou Touma supported his right wrist with his left hand and just barely managed to keep the cross from advancing any further.

Kamijou timidly turned around.

The girl was indeed collapsed there but Kamijou was unable to give “that” the name “Index”. Like a machine, her eyes were utterly lacking in emotion.

With each word she spoke, more blood flowed from the wound on her back.

She paid no heed and seemed to truly be nothing more than a system meant to explain magic.

“You’re… Index, right?”

“Yes. I am the grimoire library belonging to Necessarius, the 0th Parish of the Anglican Church. My proper name is Index Librorum Prohibitorum, but that can be abbreviated to Index.”

The way that grimoire library named Index was acting, Kamijou almost forgot about the giant flame god trying to kill him. He experienced such a chill coming from her.

“With my introduction complete, I will return to my explanation of runic magic. Simply put, it is like a reflection of the moon in a lake at night. No matter how many times you strike the lake surface with a sword, it has no meaning. If you want to strike the moon in the lake surface, you must first turn your sword on the real moon floating in the night sky.”

After hearing that explanation, Kamijou finally remembered the enemy in front of him.

Did she mean that what stood before him was not the true form of the supernatural power? Was it something like a photograph and its negative? Would it continue to revive unless he destroyed a different supernatural power that was creating the giant flame god?

Stiyl summon 10,000 carved cards around him

For an instant —just an instant— Stiyl gritted his teeth so hard it seemed they would crack.

“…Fortis931.”

Tens of thousands of cards flew from within his pitch black clothes. Cards carved with flame runes spiraled around like a typhoon and in no time at all had covered the walls, ceiling, and floor without gap. It was just like Hoichi the Earless.

Index's Dragon Breath turn everything it touch into feathers of light

As if it were a giant sword being swung around, the pillar of light sliced through the wall and ceiling of the apartment. It even sliced through the pitch black clouds floating in the night sky. In fact, it could have even sliced through a satellite outside the atmosphere.

Not even a splinter remained where the walls and ceiling had been sliced.

Instead, the portions that had been destroyed had become feathers of light that were as pure a white as the pillar of light. They floated down. Kamijou had no idea what effects they might have had, but a few dozen of those feathers of light came floating down like winter snow on that summer night.

“Those are the same as Dragon Breath, the strike of the legendary dragon of St. George! Whatever power they may have, I highly doubt the human body will react well to them!”

Innocentius resist the power of Dragon Breath

But before he could, Index turned her head.

Like a giant sword being swung, the pillar of light was swung back down, slicing back through the night sky.

Kamijou was going to be caught by it again!

“Innocentius!”

As Kamijou prepared himself, a spiral of flame appeared in front of him.

The giant flame took on the form of a person and then spread out its arms to act as a shield against the pillar of light.

It was truly like a cross protecting man from sin.

“Go, esper!” shouted Stiyl. “Her time limit has already passed! If you want to do this, don’t even waste a second!!”

Kamijou did not respond with words or even turn around.

Before he could, he ran around the colliding flame and light towards Index. He did it because Stiyl wanted him to. He did it because he had heard Stiyl’s words and understood the meaning held in them and the feelings hidden behind them.

Kamijou ran.

He ran!!

“Warning: Chapter 6, Verse 13. New enemy confirmed. Changing combat considerations. Beginning scan of the battlefield… done. Focusing on the destruction of the most difficult enemy, Kamijou Touma.”

Index swung her head around, pillar of light and all.

However, Innocentius moved to protect Kamijou at the same time. The light and flames continued to eat into each other in an extended conflict of destruction and regeneration.

0:38 Stiyl help destroy a one of three support beams that hold the weight of Endymion which a building elevator that reach up to the atmosphere.

While Roy is fighting a illusion of Stiyl,Stiyl be placing rune cards everywhere,later would summon Inncentius.Stiyl is going to pop up out of nowhere an slash off Roy's limbs.

Samurai Jack

Gunha seems like an impressive combatant, but I don't think he has the speed to contend with Samurai Jack. Jack is someone who has been able to hold his own against a nigh-omnipotent demon, Aku, because of his enchanted sword, speed, and skill. His sword insanely powerful, and can counter or parry anything your team can dish out.

Really,I kinda wanted Gunha is to fight your Werewolf guy and Ren to fight Jack,but that cool for you.Anyway,Gunha had hold his own against Ollerus.Ollerus had tear space apart and he a potential Magic God.Magic Gods can reality warp the whole planet by their sheer will.Ollerus stated that if Gunha reach his full potential.Gunha would had easily beaten Ollerus.

This sword can cut through anything. After Jack received his ancestor amp, he was able to cut through the adamantium of his universe. That is crazy powerful! He has shown to be able to easily deflect lasers and like future weaponry with absolute ease. He's also went around the world and trained under the most formidable experts from various fields, including hand-to-hand combat under monks. He's also an expert in practically every weapon to the point of randomly picking up foreign and alien weapons from the future and using them efficiently. He's an expert in stick-fighting, spears, archery, wrestling, and more.

How do you know that that Jack's universe Adamantium is the same as Marvel's Adamantium.Other medias had use Adamantium before and they aren't as durable as Marvel's version.

Ren Tao have been train in martial arts since he was a bady.Ren's family had offered Ren to fight martial artists across the world and from different timelines

So yeah, Jack has the superior skill and experience here. He's also capable of jumping higher than skyscrapers, something I can elaborate on later if asked. Skill and an indestructible sword sounds like an awesome combo right? Well let's add speed to the mix. Jack has been able to effortlessly speed-blitz the most notorious bounty hunters across the galaxy, who had extensive information on him, as well as days of preparations. They even have the benefit of ambushing him. What happens? Jack blitzes them with nonchalance before a water-drop even hits the ground. Keep in mind these hunters aren't completely featless or fodder. The entire episode was revolving around them, and you only see Jack until the end.

I think Ren can give Jack a good enough fight that the others finish their fights

Ren fight a army of undead martial artists that were armed with weapons.

Right To Left

Ren as 9 years old easily kill 1000 undead soldiers with a single attack.

Right To Left

Here Ren tank hits from his superhuman power father

Right To Left

Ren and Yoh fight cause the battlefield to shake

Right To Left

Ren powering up as OS V1(which is weaker than OS V2/or V3)and he's messing up the battlefield

Right To Left

Here Ren block off a speed blitz from Mickey

Right To Left

Ren beat two illusion clones Oversoul made by Mickey

Here Ren speed blitz at least a super-sonic character and reacted/dodge two laser blasts while heavily wounded

I still have more Ren feats to get.

I've run out of time, so I'll save Astounding Wolf-Man for later, similar to how you're saving Ren for later.