Teams:

@thetruebarryallen

Fragile Guy: Judge Dredd

All Around: Boba Fett

HIgh Tier Street: Hellboy

@esquire

Fragile Guy: Jaclson (Wildstorm)

All Rounder: Nemesis (Wildstorm)

High Tier Street: Black Ops Spider-Man (What-If Spider-Man vs Wolverine)

Map:

No Caption Provided

Top Team starts left. Bottom team starts right.

Rules:

• No BFR.
  • In Character.
  • Random Battles.
  • Death or KO.
  • Standard Gear.
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Alright, @esquire would you like to go first or shall I?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thetruebarryallen: Quick opener:

Basically, my team is just a bad matchup for your blasting-focused team. Black Ops Spidey has perfect precog, so nothing you do will come as any surprise to my team. Nemesis is an empath, which basically gives her precognition of her own, and Jackson King, also known as Battalion, is a high-level psionic who can read your minds to figure out your next moves, as well as creating a TP linkup so everyone has access to Spidey's foreknowledge of the battle. My team will be reacting before your team is moving, and I have everything I need to make that count. Nemesis has the Creation Blades, a pair of swords that cut through anything, shredding Mister Majestics and universal reality warpers with equal ease. She can oneshot any of your team, and has the most skill on the battlefield to do it. Spider-Man is a Spider-Man, with all the physical prowess that entails, and then he also carries guns and kills without hesitation. Battalion's power suit lets him fire channel his powers into energy blasts that are powerful enough to stagger beings way above Kryptonian-level.

All of your characters have the ability to deal a good amount of damage, and that's your biggest asset. It won't really matter when my team isn't around for you to shoot. Neither Fett nor Dredd have very much telepathic resistance, which means King can place any sort of illusions he likes in their heads. Perhaps Hellboy isn't such a friendly demon anymore, or perhaps Boba is Spider-Man and Dredd is Nemesis. Whatever it may be, turning your team against itself is easy when they don't have substantial psionic resistance. Another option is to remove my team's location from your team's awareness, stopping you from targeting them.

If for some reason King does none of the above, Nemesis has the speed, precog, and energy shielding to tank any attacks your team is able to target her with before she slaughters all of them with her swords. Spidey can be far from any shots you fire, and his precog will let him lead any of Dredd's homing projectiles back around to hit your team members. King should be able to gun Dredd and Fett down with his energy blasts, especially since he can read their moves telepathically. Hellboy's pretty tough, but Nemesis is a horrible matchup for him. She has better speed, from what I know of him, and she can carve straight through his vaunted durability.

I have multiple ways to win and I know everything you're going to do before you do it, so you have no way to surprise me. I'm confident in my team here.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: I'm still gathering scans for my team but I'll respond as quickly as I can.

I was most worried about going against your team because Jackson King/Battalion is essentially a Nuke. According to the wiki here on ComicVine he can increase his physical abilities to 100+ Tons & his TK is strong enough to rip apart multiple mile-wild space stations. Dunno how he made it past the limits of 'fragile guy' or in any tier for that matter, but I'll roll with it.

It ain't over till it's over.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolverine008

This should be good.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Off the top of my head he's only increased his physical strength once, so I just wasn't going to use it, especially since it's not what he usually does in-character. But there weren't any limits on TK strength, so I don't know why every team doesn't have a high-tier telekinetic. I was thinking about changing him anyway since I don't know him as well as I'd like, so if you think he's unfair, I don't mind switching him out.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@esquire: I'm fine with you keeping him as long as you don't try and use his full powers past the limits.

No Powers that can do more damage than a bunker buster missile.

I think his TK MIGHT surpass that, as long as you don't try and make it surpass that limit though then I'm fine.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

Alright, let's do this.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

My team may appear to be an odd combination of sorts, a mix-match of characters I just thought looked cool, characters that all looked pretty darn cool in their respective films, but I assure you they're all here for a reason & they pack quite a punch.

The Judge | The Bounty Hunter | The Demon

Judge Dredd

Biography

Judge Joseph Dredd is the most famous of the Street Judges that patrol Mega City One, a city that spans the entirety of the East Coast of the United States. Since Dredd is a judge he has been trained & taught to instantly convict, sentence, and execute any offenders. Dredd was created when DNA was cloned from Chief Judge Fargo, the first Chief Judge in 2066, Dredd's brother Rico was created the same way. Dredd graduated second in his class, behind his brother Rico, though eventually he had to arrest Rico for Murder and Corruption, showing that Justice has no limits, even if it's against your own family.

Dredd was also asked to become the Chief Judge in 2101 but declined because he would rather display Justice while working on the streets. Dredd has defended his city against a multitude of powerful foes and even saved the world during the Fourth World War.

Currently Dredd is over 70 years old & has 50 years of active service.

Personality

Judge Dredd is essentially the definition of Justice, a man who doesn't display his face thus making him faceless, a true embodiment of Justice. Dredd will do anything and everything in his power to take down those who disrespect the law & are a threat against his city, even it it means killing friends or family.

He's rather rough & gruff as he was once offered a position that would remove him from the Streets & declined, because to him he'd rather be on the front lines serving Justice with a hot piece of lead & his fists.

Skills & Abilities

Dredd has developed a wide variety of skills throughout his time on the streets of Mega City 1 working as a Judge. He is incredibly skilled in H2H combat as during a crossover event with Batman he was able to combat the Dark Knight for 45 minutes straight before he decided that Bruce had learned his lesson, called him a creep, and left. Dredd also has the agility & speed to contend with Xenomorphs & Predators, shown in a crossover event.

He has also developed a wonderful reaction time as while in Mega City 1 he must be ready at all costs, and he's used to working entire days on the streets with only 10 minutes in a sleep chamber.

Dredd is also an excellent marksman & is deadly with his pistol, the Lawgiver.

Equipment

• Body Armor: Dredd wears a black bodysuit with padded knees & elbows. He also has golden shoulder pads that are in the shape of an Eagle to signify that he works with the Justice Department. The most vital part of Dredd's outfit is his helmet, which contains a communicator, a respirator, and protective lenses for his eyes.
  • Scattergun: A simple pump-action shotgun that Dredd keeps with him.
  • Boot Knife: A simple combat knife that is housed within Dredd's boot.
  • Daystick: A baton-like stick used for combat.
  • Lawmaster: The Lawmaster is Judge Dredd's motorbike. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the Lawmaster in this battle but it IS technically part of Dredd's standard equipment as a Street Judge. The Lawmaster has AI and twin machine guns. It also has a central laser on the very front of the bike & can fire stun grenades. The Lawmaster can drive itself around & take voice commands from the Judge who owns it. Lastly it has a tubro-boost function that allows it to make incredibly large jumps & cross massive gaps.
  • Lawgiver: The Lawgiver is a DNA coded multi-purpose pistol used by Judges. It is coded with Dredd's palm print & will explode if anyone else tries to pick up the gun and use it. The Lawgiver is capable of switching it's ammunition types without having to reload or change the clip, making it one of Dredd's most useful tools.
    • Standard Execution - The standard bullet with no tricks or gizmos, it hurts though.
    • Heat Seeker/Hot Shot - A standard bullet that is propelled by an unstable element known as 'Argon 886'. The Hot Shot locks onto a targets heat signature and chases them down, allowing for accuracy against quick moving targets.
    • Ricochet - A traditional metal bullet that is coated with rubber. The ricochet round allows Dredd to bounce bullets off of tough surfaces & into his targets.
    • Incendiary - A round that when used sets it's target on fire. This bullet isn't used much by Dredd because it commonly kills the target before Dredd can apprehend & arrest them.
    • Armor Piercing - An incredibly dense and powerful round that is used to penetrate cybernetic & armor wearing criminals. When used against an un-armored foe it can travel through multiple targets.
    • High Explosive/Hi Ex - An incredibly dangerous & powerful round used only against the most deadly of targets or on crowding attackers. Should not be used in a point blank setting.

Boba Fett

Biography

Boba Fett is a Mandalorian Warrior and a famed bounty hunter. He was originally created as a clone of the ruthless bounty hunter known as Jango Fett to become a part of the Grand Army of the Republic, however Jango decided to raise Boba as his son. Jango taught a young Boba much of what he knows today, however he was killed in 22 BBY at the Battle of Geonosis by Mace Windu when his jet pack malfunctioned. Fett took this moment in history and learned from it, eventually growing up to become one of the most fearsome bounty hunters in the entire galaxy.

He doesn't have any true alliance to good or evil, and works under his own terms and conditions. The many jobs he's done for the Sith Lord, Darth Vader, have earned him the title of Vader's right hand man. Though he is a skilled bounty hunter he is also a skilled leader and led the Mandalorians through the Yuuzhan Vong War.

Personality

Boba Fett is considered to be the best bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. He has developed his own sense of justice, moral obligation, and his own code of honor. He isn't one to drag out a fight and enjoys a nice clean kill. Due to the death of his father at the hands of a Jedi he has an extreme prejudice against their kind.

Fett also doesn't travel anywhere without his armor, as he doesn't want to get killed via sneak attack. He pays close attentions to details and always looks over his surroundings twice in order to calculate the best possible way to solve any problem at hand, making him an incredibly precise and observant killer.

Skills & Abilities

Like stated earlier Fett is incredibly observant and makes sure to double check all his surroundings and pay close attention to detail as he doesn't want to overlook an easy option to win a fight or solve a problem.

Fett is an expert marksman and has been trained in a wide variety of different weapons, due to the fact that he is a human armory he often keeps a majority of these weapons on his person. Fett is also a skilled H2H combatant and was able to hold his own against the Sith Lord, Darth Vader, in both H2H combat and lightsaber combat.

Due to his incredible willpower he is able to resist telepathic suggestions and fight against the power of the force, a skill shown off against his brawl with Lord Vader. Fett is also an incredibly skilled tactician.

Equipment

• Beskar Plating - Originally Fett used duraplast plating within his armor, however in 40ABY the plating was replaced with the Mandalorian iron known as beskar. It is incredibly durable and can withstand hits from a lightsaber with ease, in fact it was once thought that beskar was indestructible though it was proven to be false.
  • Power Liner - Boba Fett wears a mesh flight suit underneath the beskar plating. It has two layers of ceramic plating in order to help protect against brute, physical impacts. The suit also has a micro energy field protector in order to add to the suits protection. The power liner also helps protect Fett against extreme cases of heat or cold, poisons, corrosives.
  • Technologically Advanced Helmet & HUD - Fett's helmet has a wide variety of different functions that will be explained in depth below:
    • Information on the Surrounding Environment - Fett's HUD has a 360 degree field of view that gives him information the surrounding environment in order to aid his observational skills.
    • Advanced Radar - Fett has an advanced radar within his helmet that can give him information of nearby rooms & locations. It can also be used to track up to 30 targets in a radius of 100 meters.
    • Holonet Connections - Fett is connected to the Holo-Net which allows him to perform tasks that would normally require a computer terminal.
    • Transmission Jamming & Intercepting - Due to the broad band antenna Fett is able to intercept & unscramble radio transmissions from Star Ships or other communication devices. He's also able to jam these interceptions to block off communications.
    • Macrobinouclar View Plate - A macrobinouclar view plate allows Fett to access different fields of vision. He has an infared mode that can be magnified up to 50 times to display heat gradations.
    • Environmental Filter System - The EFS allows Fett to filter out dangerous poisons and toxins to protect himself. He can also provide himself with 2 hours of oxygen if the environment requires it.
    • Connection with Slave I - The helmet is connected with Fett's ship, Slave I, allowing him to summon the ship when he requires an escape or distraction.
    • Connection with Weapons System - All of Fett's weapons can be activated via his voice which allows him to make sudden and unpredictable attacks.
  • Mitrinomon Z-6 Jetpack - The Z-6 Jetpack is commonly used by Mandalorians. It features a targeting computer, flight gyros, and an anti-vehicle missile. The fuel tank holds enough fuel for the user to have 1 minute of sustained flight, or three 20 second bursts. Each 20 second burst allows the user to move themselves 70 meters vertically or 100 meters horizontally. The maximum obtainable speed by the pack is 145 kilometers per hour.
  • EE-3 Carbine Rifle - Fett uses a rifle that is incredibly similar to the weaponry used by Storm Troopers, however it is much more powerful. It has also been fit with a scope to allow for sniping, and a shoulder sling for an easy quick draw.
  • Sarcos K-11 Blaster - Fett uses the Sarcos K-11 Blaster as his sidearm. It is known as 'The Disintegrator' for it's high power and effectiveness.
  • Czerka ZX Miniature Flamethrower - The ZX Miniature Flamethrower is a personal flamethrower that can be easily concealed. Fett has one mounted on his wrist for easy access & quick distractions. When activated it fires a cone of flames up to 5 meters long and 1 meter in diameter.
  • Dur-24 Wrist Laser - The Dur-24 Wrist Laser is a powerful weapon that can be compared to the destructive output of a traditional blaster rifle. It is effective for up to 50 meters.
  • MM9 Wrist Rocket - The MM9 Wrist Rocket is a powerful personal rocket launcher that utilizes computer tracking. It can fire various types of rockets such as the Type 12-A Anti Personnel Rocket, Type 12-B Stun Rocket, or the Merr Sonn 1126 Rocket.
  • Fibercord Whip - Fett has a fibercord whip attached to his right gauntlet that can reach up to 20 meters in length and is useful for tripping up or ensnaring targets.
  • Knee Mounted Rocket Dart Launchers - Fett has rocket dart launchers hidden inside his knee pads that fire Malkite themfar, a lethal nerve toxin that works instantaneously.
  • Light saber - Though Fett is not a force user, he has several lightsabers in his collection and usually keeps one on his person as a last resort. He does not resort to this weapon unless everything else fails as he is not as comfortable with the saber as he is with his blasters.
  • Slave I - Fett's ship, the Slave I, can be summoned through his Helmet Controls. While it is unknown if Cadence will allow this to be in the tournament I still feel it's worth putting it's weaponry on here.
    • Twin Blaster Cannons - The ship has a set of heavy blaster cannons.
    • Two Rapid Fire Laser Cannons - A less powerful set of laser cannons that fire at a more rapid rate.
    • Homing Missiles - A series of missiles that home in on their target.
    • Seismic Charges - A charge released from the ship that sends out a shockwave of destructive force.

Hellboy

Biography

Anung Un Rama, or better known as, Hellboy, is a demon who was summoned by Nazi Occultists during WWII. He was discovered by allied forces, with them was Professor Trevor Bruttenholm, a member of the BPRD (US Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense). Hellboy was raised by the US Army & BPRD. He was conceived by a witch 300 years ago and through a strange series of family tree events is the rightful king of England.

Hellboy eventually began working with the BPRD against dark forces such as Nazi's and Baba Yaga. He commonly ends up in battles against creatures that resemble lore from Lovecraft and various Horror Fiction. Hellboy is the worlds greatest paranormal investigator.

Personality

Hellboy has a fantastic sense of humor and commonly cracks jokes while on the job. He typically goes into brawls with the creatures that he is assigned to fight or kill and has no problem with doing so.

Due to being raised by humans he has a very human nature about him and has no problem working with other humans or strange creatures. He's incredibly friendly and will do whatever it takes to get a job done.

The only type of person he will not work with is a Nazi, Hellboy hate's Nazis.

Skills & Abilities

Hellboy posses superhuman strength & durability, he has a maximum strength level between 10 - 20 tons. It has been shown that Hellboy is bulletproof & impervious to flame. Hellboy also has a healing factor that aids his durability quite nicely. He has been impaled by swords and beaten to a pulp yet always ends up fighting through the pain and healing. While he's incredibly tough and durable he can be damaged and killed.

The most interesting aspect of Hellboy's durability is his Right Hand of Doom, an indestructible and oversized hand that Hellboy uses to protect himself from damage.

Equipment

• Good Samaritan - The Good Samaritan is the name of Hellboy's oversize pistol. It hold up to 4 bullets and is made out of a unique blend of materials to protect it from damage. The grip of the gun has been carved using fragments of the True Cross while the metal used to make the gun is a combination of Irish Church Bells, Cold Iron from Crucifixes, Blessed Silver, and other mystical metals. Hellboy uses two types of ammunition with this weapon.
    • Whoppers - Whoppers are custom made rounds by Hellboy to be used against the majority of the Supernatural creatures he faces on a day to day basis. The explosive shells contain white oak, holy water, garlic, and silver shavings.
    • Tracking Bullets - Hellboy also has tracking bullets that contain a phosphorescent green liquid that drips from the wound of its target allowing for Hellboy to track down his prey.

The Battle

Alright, first thing I'll do is try and respond to your quick opener.

Basically, my team is just a bad matchup for your blasting-focused team. Black Ops Spidey has perfect precog, so nothing you do will come as any surprise to my team. Nemesis is an empath, which basically gives her precognition of her own, and Jackson King, also known as Battalion, is a high-level psionic who can read your minds to figure out your next moves, as well as creating a TP linkup so everyone has access to Spidey's foreknowledge of the battle. My team will be reacting before your team is moving, and I have everything I need to make that count.

So what is so different about the Spider Sense of this 'What If?' Spiderman compared to the 616 Spiderman? If there isn't a significant difference than it's still possible to hit Spiderman, and it doesn't perfectly outline WHAT the damage is, it just gives him a slight warning that there is going to be danger.

Nemesis being an Empath doesn't make her able to really see into the future or anything, she can sense behavioral changes in her foes to let her know when they might strike, but both foes teams are going to be hostile towards the other so I don't really see any advantage in that. As a matter of fact I've read that her Empathy can be a weakness and that if she is overwhelmed by emotions than it can cause her some heavy damage.

Jackson King is incredibly useful for you due to that TP link, and while it may not be as useful, Fett can link his communications up with Dredd's to keep the two of them in good linkage. Sadly Hellboy doesn't have any sort of communications but his voice, but it's not really a bad thing.

As a matter of fact, the Spider Sense is going to be going quite haywire due to the fact that there is going to be SO much danger, and linking telepathically I don't think it'll transfer the Spider Sense ability to the other two, it'll just mean that the rest of your team knows when Spider Man is in danger, it won't grant Jackson King or Nemesis a Spider Sense. I feel as if you're over estimating how effective it all is, I'm not saying it's ineffective, but there is some slight exaggeration here.

Nemesis has the Creation Blades, a pair of swords that cut through anything, shredding Mister Majestics and universal reality warpers with equal ease. She can oneshot any of your team, and has the most skill on the battlefield to do it. Spider-Man is a Spider-Man, with all the physical prowess that entails, and then he also carries guns and kills without hesitation. Battalion's power suit lets him fire channel his powers into energy blasts that are powerful enough to stagger beings way above Kryptonian-level.

First I'm going to address the Creation Blades.

They're incredibly scary, and I dislike going against them, however Hellboy has an indestructible part of his body known as the Right Hand of Doom which he commonly uses in H2H combat to defend himself from attacks. I'm willing to bet that the creation blades are unable to cut through this arm, as NOTHING has ever been able to damage it, it's been created to be indestructible within it's universe.

She probably could cut through Dredd & Fett with ease, if she can engage them in combat that closely, yet Hellboy could give her some trouble due to the RHOD.

Spiderman is well, as you said, Spiderman. He's got some pretty decent strength and could probably beat Dredd to a pulp if they were to get into an H2H battle since their durability levels and strength levels are not nearly on the same level. Fett's been able to shake off Superhuman blows from some incredibly large creatures he's faced & from some Sith Lords, so he can engage in that combat, and his armor would protect him from any firepower that Spiderman brings in terms of guns, same goes for Hellboy.

Battalion is still the character that I'm amazed made it through the team selection rounds, if his energy blasts can hurt Kryptonians than I think it's a little too powerful in a match where the max durability is being hit head on by a missile. Anyways, he'll have to hit my team with these blasts to hurt them, so as long as he gets taken out quickly then he won't be a problem.

All of your characters have the ability to deal a good amount of damage, and that's your biggest asset. It won't really matter when my team isn't around for you to shoot. Neither Fett nor Dredd have very much telepathic resistance, which means King can place any sort of illusions he likes in their heads. Perhaps Hellboy isn't such a friendly demon anymore, or perhaps Boba is Spider-Man and Dredd is Nemesis. Whatever it may be, turning your team against itself is easy when they don't have substantial psionic resistance. Another option is to remove my team's location from your team's awareness, stopping you from targeting them.

We sure do, pretty great damage output when put together as a team, so lets see what the problem is.

Ah alright, so I'll admit, Dredd doesn't have much TP resistance at all. He's got some high willpower but I don't have any scans to display that he could contend against TP. Boba Fett however does, he's withstood telepathic suggestions from Darth Vader, an incredibly powerful force user & has fought through Force Restraints.

Given that Fett has this TP resistance he could probably fight off Jacksons illusions.

I've read somewhere that Hellboy has some TP resistance as well due to his nature being a demon & whatnot but I don't have any scans to back it up, though you didn't address him in the TP section so maybe you agree with this?

Anyways, to fight back against magic is technology. Fett's comms will be linked with Dredd's comms throughout the entire fight, so if Dredd starts freaking out Fett can calm him down and let him know it's just an illusion. Fett deals with Jedi, he's killed Jedi, we've seen that they can influence those with a weak mind, and Fett does NOT have a weak mind.

Fett also has some incredible technology. Your team is going to fall within the tracking radius that Fett has, plus he has amplified hearing & can target people based off of their smells. You're not going to just be able to erase your location from their minds because Fett will just look at his HUD and see that there are 3 dots appearing on it and he'll be able to inform the rest of my team about your teams location.

If for some reason King does none of the above, Nemesis has the speed, precog, and energy shielding to tank any attacks your team is able to target her with before she slaughters all of them with her swords. Spidey can be far from any shots you fire, and his precog will let him lead any of Dredd's homing projectiles back around to hit your team members. King should be able to gun Dredd and Fett down with his energy blasts, especially since he can read their moves telepathically. Hellboy's pretty tough, but Nemesis is a horrible matchup for him. She has better speed, from what I know of him, and she can carve straight through his vaunted durability.

How powerful is Nemesis's shielding? I can't find any calculations on it.

I have a feeling that a Thermal Detenator might be able to cause some problems for her shielding & would cause her to become disoriented.

Fett also used a Thermal Detonator near the start of the fight with Vader & it had quite the impact.

This combined force along with Dredd's explosive rounds and Hellboy's Good Samaritan should be able to break the field.

Fett should be able to take down Nemesis from afar however, as he's got his Jet Pack, several blasters, and various missile technologies. The fact that they all can lock onto targets would cause some trouble for Nemesis as she's stuck on the ground, I don't see her escaping those sorts of attacks.

Her precog also doesn't really do that much for this sort of situation, if our teams had been talking this entire time and Fett had been planning on pulling a gun on her or Hellboy was about to punch her she'd notice a change in his behavior, but since both teams want to kill each other here then I don't see her empath powers to be any sort of use here.

Spiderman will have to try and avoid multiple homing in shots, as Dredd can fire several at a time, the only people on my team that would be damaged by them would be Dredd himself.

As far as King gunning down Fett & Dredd they've both got some great reaction times. Fett has evaded point blank blaster rifle shots & Dredd has the speed to keep up with Xenomorphs & Predators. I don't know nor can I find anything about Battallion's power suit so I don't know how resilient it is to damage.

Dredd has AP rounds, Hellboys rounds can generally pierce most materials & super durable foes, and Fett has incredibly powerful explosives & a lightsaber if it comes down to it, on the inside he's a squishy meat sack just like Dredd & Fett.

I have multiple ways to win and I know everything you're going to do before you do it, so you have no way to surprise me. I'm confident in my team here.

You don't know everything I'm about to do before I do it, Spider Man's Spider Sense will tell him when he's in danger and you've linked the other two to him but it won't or shouldn't give them Spider Senses. Nemesis can sense emotions so she'll know that my team is hostile, but it won't give her an image of what they're about to do before they do it and since Fett is like a Swiss army knife your team won't know where the blast is going to come from. Jackson may be able to read movements or thoughts with TP but I don't exactly know the extent of this, you've just said he's a high level PSI user.

I'll wait for you to post more about your characters @esquire since they don't seem to be well known here on the Vine and I can't find any scans of them to actually gauge their powers/abilities.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By silent_bomber

Is this strictly one member vs another without outside help?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silent_bomber: Yes, it's just me vs Esquire. Nobody can contribute to the debate but us, though you're welcome to vote when the match is finished!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Esquire

@thetruebarryallen

I'd like to apologize about Jackson King. I asked about TK limits but was never given an answer, and it never occurred to me to connect TK with the destructive power limits. I assure you, however, that normal and average Battalion isn't capable of the level of feats mentioned on his CV page. My understanding is that most of the high-end telekinetic feats that break limits are from a questionably canon miniseries called Monarchy, where King received a temporary power boost that has never been even close to rivaled before or since. I haven't read it so I can't be sure that's where they all came from, but I will only be using feats from his tenure with Stormwatch where most, if not all, of his feats are within limits. I'll make sure to keep him well within legal ranges. Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding, and I hope it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the tournament.

To clear some things up, I'll make a quick recap of my characters.

What-If Spider-Man

This is a version of Peter Parker who, rather than staying in New York and learning to fight crime, he accidentally kills a couple people when he's trying to save someone from Wolverine. He ends up working alongside Wolverine on a Black Ops team where he is trained in espionage and combat to maximize his superhuman abilities.

The biggest advantage this version of Spider-Man has is his Spider Sense. With the training he receives, his sense "expands" until it's become full-blown precog. He can predict what people will do or say long before they actually do it, even when he's not in any danger. Scans:

The other advantage this Parker has is his morals, or rather his lack of them. Unlike 616 Spidey, this Spider-Man will kill without hesitation. He even carries guns alongside his webshooters. Against a team as ruthless as yours, this is a huge point in helping Peter be effective.

Nemesis

Charis is a Kheran warrior who has been training in combat for thousands of years. She is arguably the most skilled fighter in the Wildstorm Universe, with even Midnighter and Zealot struggling against her. She has superhuman speed, strength, and durability, somewhere around the level of Pre-52 Deathstroke or a little above. In addition to her fighting skill and stats, Nemesis has a couple of advantages. First, she has some degree of precognition. She is an empath, which lets her feel the emotions of people around her, and she's also so skilled that she can read body language in a way similar to Cassandra Cain. Combining these two, she is able to stay a step or two ahead in combat. Added to her formidable skills, this makes her a devastating combatant. Her empathy also doubles as a sort of danger sense, letting her react to people attacking, even when her normal senses can't detect them.

No Caption Provided

Nemesis often fights multiple enemies and even whole teams without being overloaded by emotions, so your three characters shouldn't be a problem. I've never seen her empathy overload that I can remember, it's certainly not a major part of her character.

The other advantage Charis holds is her Kheran technology. Most obvious is her pair of Creation Blades, swords that cut through anything. It's easy to see why this is an advantage, but this is hardly her only piece of tech. Nemesis has a suit that can generate a forcefield powerful enough to protect her from bullets and many attacks. Its best feat is tanking a building-buster explosion.

She rarely if ever uses the forcefield in close combat, but it would be of great use against the missiles and explosives your team is packing. I asked if this should be restricted due to durability, and again I was never given an answer. Since Nemesis is in-character here, she would most likely use it only against long-range explosive attacks.

Her final piece of tech is her DNA Grenades. These are explosives that target specific genetic types and break them down on a cellular level. They're extremely lethal to enemies caught in their blast radius, and Nemesis can set them off around herself without having to worry about being damaged by them.

Strategy

My strategy is largely reactive because of my team's precog and telepathy which make them aware of your next moves and let them adjust accordingly. They will be working to create the following set up matchups, however:

Nemesis vs Hellboy

Nemesis has pretty much every advantage here. Hellboy has greater strength, but that's pretty much all he has. Nemesis has him massively, exponentially outclassed in skill and probably has the speed advantage as well. Even if Hellboy's stone hand is able to block a Creation Blade, Nemesis carries both of them, and he can only block one at a time. Against a blademaster who consistently hangs with Zealot and has taken down highly skilled characters like Grifter in seconds, Hellboy's lack of technical skill is going to cost him very dearly. He doesn't have the speed or agility to keep Nemesis at a distance, and he can't keep her from scoring lethal damage for more than a few seconds.

Second option: Spider-Man vs Hellboy

If Spider-Man ends up matched against Hellboy, it will be a longer but not really closer confrontation. Hellboy has little chance of tagging Spidey, since Peter is faster, has better agility, and has precog. Blunt trauma and bullets won't do nearly as much damage, though, so it will take longer for Parker to kill Hellboy than for Nemesis to do it. Using webbing to slow and tangle, he should be able to eventually get enough shots to the head to take down H.B., but it will probably take him a little while. This is why my team will try to orchestrate a Nemesis vs Hellboy confrontation rather than Spidey vs Hellboy.

Spider-Man vs Dredd

Spider-Man has comprehensive physical superiority, has a considerable amount of black ops training, and has precog to help him avoid anything the Judge can throw at him. Dredd's best hopes are explosives and his homing bullets, but Parker's precog should let him get out of the way of explosive rounds pretty easily, and 616 Spider-Man has avoided and caught multiple homing bullets before, so this Spidey's precog should let him run the bullets into walls or enemies or somesuch without much trouble. Dredd has little chance of hurting Spider-Man, and his durability is nowhere near good enough to tank Peter's attacks or escape from his webbing.

Second Option: Nemesis vs Dredd

If Nemesis matches up against Dredd, he won't fare much better. Nemesis also has him outclassed in physicals and majorly outclassed in skill, and he can't block her swords or tank her grenades. His best bet is homing bullets, but she has the reflexes and agility to dodge for a while and the reaction speed to block bullets, anyway. She shouldn't have much trouble closing the distance and taking Dredd down in a couple of slashes, similar to how she deals with the similarly skilled marksman and h2h combatant Grifter, only she won't spare Dredd because of past history.

No Caption Provided

So Nemesis should take down either Dredd or Hellboy in seconds, and Spidey will take Dredd down just as fast and won't struggle with Hellboy. This lets Nemesis almost immediately back up Battalion, and optimally Spidey will take Dredd down and do the same. Even if he has to fight Hellboy, he won't be too long, and his combat awareness will let him help against Fett even as he fights Hellboy.

Jackson King plus Team vs Boba Fett

The problem that Boba Fett gives my team is how to close the distance to engage with him, since his jetpack gives him a substantial mobility edge. He'll have to be very careful with his fuel use, though, as Nemesis and Spidey will be able to dodge most anything he can shoot at them until he runs out of flight time. If Boba starts flying around, King will use his TK to slow the bounty hunter down and make him expend his limited fuel supply even more quickly, and if Spider-Man can tag him with webbing, it could clog the jetpack or pin Fett to the ground. Nemesis' shield can protect King from a hit or two if it's necessary, and King can use his psychic blasts to force Fett to go on the evasive. His blasts do psionic damage as well as physical, which is why they can hurt such powerful beings. (I'll limit him to his pistols instead of his powerful rifle, though, to limit his damage output.)

Although Fett's armor shouldn't have any problems tanking the physical aspect, but the psionic damage could shake him up some. Once the bounty hunter is on the ground, Nemesis can slice him up with her Creation Blades while Jackson keeps him disoriented with illusions and psychic blasts. Fett's resistance to mind control doesn't necessarily translate to illusions, since willpower is only able to be applied when you know what you're fighting. But even if he's able to fight through them, King's blasts and Spidey's webbing can still keep him distracted while Charis goes in for the kill with her blades. Parker can also use his superior speed and agility to close the distance and take Fett down. Although Boba has good durability against blunt trauma, Spidey can still snap his neck or even tear him limb from limb with his massively superior strength. The armor is mostly just durable because of the Beskar plates themselves. The mesh connecting them isn't anything that special, as shown when Kal Skirata, a normal human, easily stabbed through it with a knife in True Colors. With Spidey's strength, he should be able to rip Boba's arms off despite the mesh.