Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Erik

@Romulus9000 said:

@Erik You are not a comic book character. Dick trained his whole life it stands to reason that he has mastered several forms of martial arts. There is no arguing the fact that Dick Grayson is among the elite in martial artists in the DCU.

It does not matter whether I am or not, your logic is still flawed regardless. Just because you trained under someone with a particular skill set and gifted abilities, does not mean you get it as well.

I have never seen anyone rank Nightwing at the top of any martial artist list.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Typhion

@Erik said:

@Romulus9000 said:

Look there is no arguing that wolverine isn't a h2h boss. But on straight h2h skills I have to believe dick has him. He trained under Bruce Wayne who to my knowledge has mastered all forms of hand to hand combat so theoretically do has dick. Dock has at least mastered a majority of them. Wolverine hasn't. AND as stated before by me and others dick has him beat on speed and agility.

I trained under a guy that mastered three different styles (which is a lot in real life) and I never mastered a single one. There goes the theory that Nightwing mastered something because his teacher did.

Yep. I took a course in nuke engineering from a guy who had 3 plants in France under his credentials. You can see my handiwork at places like 3 Mile Island and Chernobyl. I kid, I'm an I.E. Point stands, students don't equal teachers.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Seriously. Wolverine is miles above dick both in martial arts skill and physicals. He's even above Captain America and others who are without a doubt superior to dick.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Skaddix

@Erik said:

@Romulus9000 said:

@Erik You are not a comic book character. Dick trained his whole life it stands to reason that he has mastered several forms of martial arts. There is no arguing the fact that Dick Grayson is among the elite in martial artists in the DCU.

It does not matter whether I am or not, your logic is still flawed regardless. Just because you trained under someone with a particular skill set and gifted abilities, does not mean you get it as well.

I have never seen anyone rank Nightwing at the top of any martial artist list.

Agreed what number are we talking about as elite. Dick's not top 10 that is for sure. Although u could make the case for him in New 52 since we have not seen most of the best from Pre Flashpoint.

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Romulus9000

@Erik I never said dil was at the top I said he was one of the best I respect all opinions I still say nightwing takes it in Strictly h2h

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Erik

@Romulus9000 said:

@Erik I never said dil was at the top I said he was one of the best I respect all opinions I still say nightwing takes it in Strictly h2h

That is the same thing.

You can still say that Nightwing wins but you sure are taking your time in making an argument that supports that opinion.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#58  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Wolvie.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@IKnowEverything said:

lol no adamantium AND no healing factor? wow. haha. in that case i go Nightwing due to his martial arts skills.

Wolverine is a master martial artist himself.

And the superior one, too.

If both are fighting at the best of their ability, Wolverine is in a different league than Dick.
xSuppaSaiyanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xSuppaSaiyanx

Wolverine would win even without adamantium

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By FourthDeity

@texasdeathmatch said:

Wolverine still wins.
KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By KainScion

@DChero: he knows every fighting style on the planet and some from outter space

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By KainScion

@Romulus9000 said:

Look there is no arguing that wolverine isn't a h2h boss. But on straight h2h skills I have to believe dick has him. He trained under Bruce Wayne who to my knowledge has mastered all forms of hand to hand combat so theoretically do has dick. Dock has at least mastered a majority of them. Wolverine hasn't. AND as stated before by me and others dick has him beat on speed and agility.

you dont know much about wolverine do you? he has master every fighting style on the planet and some from outter space. hes had training from CIA, FBI, everything

Romulus9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Romulus9000

You are all right and I am wrong. Is this settled now? Does that make most of you feel better? Look I did the best I could to validate my point and some of you disagree with me. Which is totally ok. That's the best thing about opinions: variety.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ghost_rider1
@KainScion

I totally agree with u. He don't know anything about logan. The only reason why logan loses h2h fights in comics is cuz writers like to show off his healing factor. He has mastered almost every fighting style on earth. And has years and years and years and years and more years of fighting experience. Nightwing is out of his league.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By Kallarkz

@KainScion said:

@Romulus9000 said:

you dont know much about wolverine do you? he has master every fighting style on the planet and some from outter space. hes had training from CIA, FBI, everything

while this is true he more often then not fails to demonstrate this and just goes running in brawling.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Kallarkz

Agree but if logan doesn't have his healing factor then he won't jus run in slashing at everything. He will use his fighting abilities when he has to but usually he doesn't because of his HF
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By Kallarkz

@deadpool2421 said:

@Kallarkz Agree but if logan doesn't have his healing factor then he won't jus run in slashing at everything. He will use his fighting abilities when he has to but usually he doesn't because of his HF

well i can see that as being true.

I am currently reading an old Wolverine run after he had the Adamantium ripped from his body and he is approaching fights more cautiously and with greater planning now that he can killed easier.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By thewidowsbite

@ReVamp: I highly doubt it, I think I read somewhere that they are the reason for his above human stats, with his healing factor is particular somehow enhancing his strength and other physical attributes. If this is the case and Wolverine is merely peak human, like Dick, I can see Dick possibly taking this since he is the more agile and (possibly) quicker fighter. Plus he routinely practices his martial arts and uses them on the regular, while I mostly see Wolverine using his claws and brawling and less martial arts than the likes of Dick. I could be wrong, but I think Dick stands at least a good shot at winning.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ghost_rider1
@thewidowsbite

His healing factor gives him a degree of super strength cuz he can push his muscles beyond human limits. And it gives him greater stamina. But he still have peak human strength and stamina regardless. His agility and reflexes and senses are not affected by adamantium or his HF. They are still superhuman.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Wolverine should be able to still win this fight due to years of training and experience.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Wolverine only uses skill when needed. Against people like Cap and Panther he fights like he has since. With People like Hulk and Creed, he can just be savage a maul and tear. In Avengers vs Xmen number 3 I believe. Cap and Logan get into a little scuffle. Logan is able to seperate Cap from his shield, and get in a gut slash, before ending it with a kick to the stomach. And I believe that he would have one, if not for the intrusion of another avenger. Actually the gut slash came before. Fact of the matter is, as good as grayson is...Logan should if written correctly, be leaps and bounds above the boy wonder.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Romulus9000 said:

I dont think wolverine is a Master Martial Artist, is he? I could be wrong, but, Wolverine has trained in Japan and he's for sure a tough brawler. But if he's mastered anything it might be one or two, i just checked his power grid on marvel wiki ( for all the good that is) and he's 4 out of 7 on fighting skills. I think people want to give it to wolverine because he's so gruff and bad ass. BUT, Dick Grayson is a master of many different forms of martial arts, and is quicker and more agile than wolverine.

Dick wins in pure hand to hand combat.

Last time I checke Wolverine was 6 or 7 on fighting skills. It is wikipedia anybody can change what is written there

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By bigcimmerian

@Romulus9000 said:

His whole life yeah, he is no more than 24 now, while Wolverine is nearly 200 hunred years old

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lady_liberty

Logan has some amazing hand to hand feats, but his problem is he also has some really crappy skill showings. He's all over the place skill wise. Sometimes he's pwning like a boss, and sometimes he just takes hit after hit and regenerates. The question is how to explain this? My personal opinion is that Logan is torn between being lazy, and being a wimp.

See sometimes he's lazy, and so he doesn't put any effort into his fighting, and he just takes shot after shot. But other times he's a wimp, and doesn't feel like getting hit. So then he works really hard and uses his skills to avoid getting hit.

So which Wolverine shows up to this fight? If he's aware that his regeneration is off, I think he would fight with his complete skill. If its his top showings, against Nightwings top showings, then Logan's showings are higher.

But if you compare average showings to average showings, Nightwing is better.

Thinkagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Thinkagain

Nightwing. The thing that saves wolverine is his healing factor and adamantium, without it he loses. Nightwing was better trained while wolverine learned by getting his butt kicked. He was retconned to be the fighter he is now when he was first introduced he was a savage beserker type fighter. Wolverine gets in one or two licks but Nightwing takes it hands down imo.

edit:

After reading all of the responses I got to say I'm surprised at how far people have overrated Wolverine. I'd go so far as to say give wolverine his healing factor and metal claws then hand Nightwing a staff and wolverine wouldn't be able to touch him. 10/10 Nightwing.

I don't think people have considered how weak of a weapon a claw is, it's a surprise attack weapon. If Wolverine's metal claws and skeleton were made out of the same material as the sword of the fighter he's facing he'd lose repeatily. This is coming from a guy who has his first appearance. Marvels making a push to make wolverine cool because of the movies. But he's really a bad character design they failed to revise.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#77  Edited By Saren

Wolverine has basically everything on Nightwing.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kinasin_

@Lady_Liberty said:

Logan has some amazing hand to hand feats, but his problem is he also has some really crappy skill showings. He's all over the place skill wise. Sometimes he's pwning like a boss, and sometimes he just takes hit after hit and regenerates. The question is how to explain this? My personal opinion is that Logan is torn between being lazy, and being a wimp.

See sometimes he's lazy, and so he doesn't put any effort into his fighting, and he just takes shot after shot. But other times he's a wimp, and doesn't feel like getting hit. So then he works really hard and uses his skills to avoid getting hit.

So which Wolverine shows up to this fight? If he's aware that his regeneration is off, I think he would fight with his complete skill. If its his top showings, against Nightwings top showings, then Logan's showings are higher.

But if you compare average showings to average showings, Nightwing is better.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Remi

Wolverine.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By ReVamp

@thewidowsbite said:

@ReVamp: I highly doubt it, I think I read somewhere that they are the reason for his above human stats, with his healing factor is particular somehow enhancing his strength and other physical attributes. If this is the case and Wolverine is merely peak human, like Dick, I can see Dick possibly taking this since he is the more agile and (possibly) quicker fighter. Plus he routinely practices his martial arts and uses them on the regular, while I mostly see Wolverine using his claws and brawling and less martial arts than the likes of Dick. I could be wrong, but I think Dick stands at least a good shot at winning.

No, his stats are above that. He's proven it systematically.

And while Dick uses his MA regularly and Wolverine doesn't due to his powers, he's proven that if and when he wants to use it, he's superior. He doesn't show it that often, but the this is what the Battle forums takes into account.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#81  Edited By ImmortalOne

@Thinkagain said:

Nightwing. The thing that saves wolverine is his healing factor and adamantium, without it he loses. Nightwing was better trained while wolverine learned by getting his butt kicked. He was retconned to be the fighter he is now when he was first introduced he was a savage beserker type fighter. Wolverine gets in one or two licks but Nightwing takes it hands down imo.

edit:

After reading all of the responses I got to say I'm surprised at how far people have overrated Wolverine. I'd go so far as to say give wolverine his healing factor and metal claws then hand Nightwing a staff and wolverine wouldn't be able to touch him. 10/10 Nightwing.

I don't think people have considered how weak of a weapon a claw is, it's a surprise attack weapon. If Wolverine's metal claws and skeleton were made out of the same material as the sword of the fighter he's facing he'd lose repeatily. This is coming from a guy who has his first appearance. Marvels making a push to make wolverine cool because of the movies. But he's really a bad character design they failed to revise.

/facepalm

You don't know anything about Wolverine do you?

1. Nightwing was not better trained. Logan went around learning nearly every martial arts style on the planet. Meanwhile, Dick not being able to adjust to the Batsuit shows that his style focuses mainly on acrobatics.

2. They're not metal, they're adatmanium. They're almost completely unbreakable. If you gave Nightwing a staff, then Wolverine would slice straight through it, then proceed to kill Nightwing. Even if Nightwing managed to get a hit, a staff is pretty much ineffective against someone with a healing factor.

3. Logan knows how to use his claws with his fighting skill.

It's not us overrating him, it's you underrating him and overrating Nightwing.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By ShootingNova

Wolverine takes this due to superior use and knowledge of martial arts and fighting skills etc

.@ImmortalOne said:

@Thinkagain said:

edit:

/facepalm

You don't know anything about Wolverine do you?

1. Nightwing was not better trained. Logan went around learning nearly every martial arts style on the planet. Meanwhile, Dick not being able to adjust to the Batsuit shows that his style focuses mainly on acrobatics.

2. They're not metal, they're adatmanium. They're almost completely unbreakable. If you gave Nightwing a staff, then Wolverine would slice straight through it, then proceed to kill Nightwing. Even if Nightwing managed to get a hit, a staff is pretty much ineffective against someone with a healing factor.

3. Logan knows how to use his claws with his fighting skill.

It's not us overrating him, it's you underrating him and overrating Nightwing.

They guy you are quoting........

Firstly, how is it a surprise attack weapon..... it can be used in almost any situation. That's not overrating Wolverine, considering how badly you are ignoring and downplaying him. Being a bad character is just your opinion, again the whole push thing is also.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#83  Edited By Stronger

Wolverine is on Batman level.

He solos the Bat family at h2h.(except Batman of course.)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Erik

Wolverine due to having every advantage that matters.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By NEEK_03

@Stronger said:

wrong, idk if he could take Cass either.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Erik

@NEEK_03 said:

@Stronger said:

wrong, idk if he could take Cass either.

Fortunately I do.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NEEK_03

@Blood1991 said:

@NEEK_03 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Logan. Centuries of training and experience tops even Batman's training.

WRONG.

however, i think this is close. NW is more agile, he is slightly weaker. im not sure how durable logan is without his healing powers. due to lack of feats for logan under these circumstances ima go with grayson. slightly.

Its been stated that Logan has trained in several diffrent martial arts

He trained Kitty in the martial arts used by Israel's military.

He has also has military training, and is a trained Samurai "which does involve h2h training". Ofcourse Nightwing will have more showings of h2h skills being he has no superhuman abilities. I am by no means some Nightwing or Wolverine expert though to blatantly say that iI am wrong without providing any proof means your not really saying anything at all.

i think you misunderstood me. im not sayin logan isnt highly skilled. i know he is. im sayin in pure h2h, he dosnt exceed batman. nightwing, is a different story. thats quite possible. i can provide many scans for batman. i can try 2 find some for grayson.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Erik

@NEEK_03:

Take that crap over to the appropriate thread.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By NEEK_03

@karetaker said:

@NEEK_03: oh nd i dont think grayson is more agile.only more acrobatically inclined

they say that NW is arguably the 2nd most agile character im comics, behind spiderman and POSSIBLY DD. he uses his acrobats much more often, and he is better at utilizing them in a fight. plus his skill in acrobats is just better.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NEEK_03

@Erik said:

@NEEK_03:

looks like someone is getting a litte upset.

in h2h its pretty known that Cass is atleast at bruces lvl, due to her body reading abilities.

grayson stands a chance here, i just dont think he takes a majority.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Erik

@NEEK_03 said:

@Erik said:

@NEEK_03:

in h2h its pretty known that Cass is atleast at bruces lvl, due to her body reading abilities.

Yes, telling you to not derail a thread with your fan-wanking is me upset.

Wolverine wins.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

Fortunately I do.

With him depowered?

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By NEEK_03

@Erik said:

@NEEK_03 said:

@Erik said:

@NEEK_03:

Yes, telling you to not derail a thread with your fan-wanking is me upset.

Wolverine wins.

fan waking? i was addressing what someone had said on this thread. but sure, whatever you wanna classify it as. go cry some more. im done here.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Erik

@NEEK_03 said:

fan waking? i was addressing what someone had said on this thread. but sure, whatever you wanna classify it as. go cry some more. im done here.

You tried to find a reason to post irrelevant scans in a thread that has nothing to do with Batman. That equals fan-wanking. Any excuse you can get, right?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

Fortunately I do.

With him depowered?

Depowered, he only loses the healing factor as assuming he knows that, then yes.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

Fortunately I do.

With him depowered?

Depowered, he only loses the healing factor as assuming he knows that, then yes.

I meant depowered as in: He loses his bone claws, healing factors and has all stats placed to Peak-Human (Batman) level.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

I meant depowered as in: He loses his bone claws, healing factors and has all stats placed to Peak-Human (Batman) level.

In order for such a match to be fair, Cassie would need to lose her move reading ability, in which case, still yes. You sandbagged Wolverine pretty bad by taking away his natural stats.

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NEEK_03

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Erik said:

Fortunately I do.

With him depowered?

what you are describing is a pure h2h contest, just like i assumed when i said that i think cass could take him. i think her body reading ability isnt something she was born with, its not a mutant power, she was taught it by her father if im not mistaken. thats part of her skill.

anyway this is getting off topic now. i think the majority thinks NW loses.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

In order for such a match to be fair, Cassie would need to lose her move reading ability, in which case, still yes. You sandbagged Wolverine pretty bad by taking away his natural stats.

I see. I believe we're of the same opinion then.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By KainScion

@NEEK_03: any good fighter can his oponnents body language. its not exactly something special.