nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By nefarious
-Stipulations:
>Location: Ontop of the Daily Bugle ; Unpopulated. 
>Both are out of character. 
>No prep-time ; Random Encounter. 
>Starting distance: 20 Feet Apart. 
>Elimination via Knock-Out, Death, Incapacitation, or Submission.  
>Current versions apply. 
Who wins?

-Rounds: 
1>Both are equipped with standard weapons and equipment. 
2>Unarmed Combat. 

VERSUS 
VERSUS 
No Caption Provided
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Errr...this is a tough one for me. I feel like they have somewhat equal skills when it comes to acrobatic prowess and I'm not overly familiar with 'Star's hand to hand showings, so I'll defer to Morph on that, but I believe them to be of comparable fighting ability, perhaps with Star having a slight leg up. I know he has that whole warrior thing and he's talked up a lot - again, not overly familiar with his showings.

The thing for me that gives him the edge in this is the weapons. Dick doesn't have a tendency to carry artillery or anything like that - if all he has is his escrima sticks, I'm going to give the first round to Shatterstar. Longer reach with mystically powered swords paired with everything else he has going for him.

Round two, I'm honestly not sure.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By nefarious

Tough, indeed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm inclined to give round 1 to Shatterstar for a small majority. The few fights I've seen in PAD's run were impressive and he's seemingly come a long way from his "oh noez! I got flawlessly beat by an unarmed Deadpool!" days. Reflexes to cut a bullet, superior physicals, more than competent skill, and those blades. I'd say Shatterstar has what it takes to earn round 1.

Round 2... not so sure.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I say Nightwing takes both.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Vance Astro: Why is that?

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 0blivion_

I'll say round 1 goes to shatterstar n round two could go either way

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

@Vance Astro: Why is that?

Because it's the opposite of what everyone else is saying :)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Even if Nightwing can't take him armed. He can definitely take Gaveedra unarmed.He's not that good, I don't think it's even close enough to be debatable.All jokes aside.Does Shatter have any unarmed feats that involve skill level and not physical ability?

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By madrid_san
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By madrid_san

cant find scans but he hit Thing another two times before knocking him out the Baxter building 50 stories up. Shatterstar should win both rounds. He dodges bullets from point blank range *see X-Factor Second Coming arc* He is quicker and a lot stronger *5 tonner*

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

A fight with the Thing isn't impressive....if we're talking about h2h combat.Plenty of street levelers have fought him.NOT beating the Thing isn't a skill feats is what I'm saying. It's obvious that Gaveedra is faster and strong enough to move him but if i'm not mistaken he didn't hurt him.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@Vance Astro Is this Shatterstar Vs Thing or Nightwing Vs Shatterstar?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@batkevin74 said:

@Vance Astro@madrid_san Is this Shatterstar Vs Thing or Nightwing Vs Shatterstar?

Nightwing vs. Shatterstar...
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74

@Vance Astro: So why the Thing pics? You may have locked...ahh I'll just send you a message

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rasarima

Nightwing cannot win Shatterstar... He, alone, made juggernalt blind in a fight. Has the basic same speed as Nightwing and :

• Concussive Vibratory Shockwaves: Shatterstar is able to convert sonic frequencies around him into bio-vibratory shock waves. These energies, apparently, must be channeled through a weapon of some sort. He has channeled his energies through his blades, daggers, shurikens and throwing blades.
  • Teleportation Portals: Shatterstar recently showed the ability to transport people and matter across space. While having Rictor focus on home, he slashed the air and opened a portal which he, Ric and Strong Guy to drove a vehicle through. They exited the portal in Boston, Shatterstar did not appear drained by the use of this ability.
  • Enhanced Strength Levels: Under optimal conditions, Shatterstar is able to lifts 5 tons.
  • Accelerated Healing Factor: His body quickly heals from minor injuries allowing him to push his body further while battling.
  • Advanced Learning Ability: His brain apparently works so quickly that he learn at a rapid rate, well beyond that of the average person.

That is not even a fair fight....maybe a fan fight, but it is all.

And people seems to underestimate the Thing...that is unfair with a character with so old and with so much in his back...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't really see how the Juggernaut scans are relevant. He attacked a part of him that's vulnerable. Juggernaut is a giant target and never dodges.It's not like using any type of energy attack will be that easy to pull off on Nightwing.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rasarima

So you are saying that NW could do that? plz...

Every blow of shatterstar is deadly on Nightwing...Show 1 scan of him taking havy punishiment from a super strong character....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Rasarima said:

Every blow of shatterstar is deadly on Nightwing...Show 1 scan of him taking havy punishiment from a super strong character....

No i'm saying it's irrelevant.Nightwing doesn't get hit alot and Shatterstar wouldn't be the first superhuman he's fought.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By nightwing91

@Rasarima said:

Block Buster,Gorilla Grodd,Donna Troy, Deathstroke and a pair of Metas he fought alongside Azrael.His suit does offer him some protection, and he's incredibly hard to hit.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@nightwing91: In all fairness, Grayson (the writer) toned down Blockbuster's physicals immensely from Dixon's run. In Dixon's, Grayson confessed that one strike would be tough for him to take, then when Grayson wrote, Richard walked away from a beating from Blockbuster.

I agree his costume helps insulate blows and he can take a fair amount of damage, but those blades could be critical if they connect well instead of just grazing slashes.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By nightwing91

@k4tzm4n said:

@nightwing91: In all fairness, Grayson (the writer) toned down Blockbuster's physicals immensely from Dixon's run. In Dixon's, Grayson confessed that one strike would be tough for him to take, then when Grayson wrote, Richard walked away from a beating from Blockbuster.

I agree his costume helps insulate blows and he can take a fair amount of damage, but those blades could be critical if they connect well instead of just grazing slashes.

I realize that, the depowerment of Blockbuster is something that always stuck out about the Nightwing series. But I realize why it had to be done, before he was far out of Grayson's league.

They can,but Grayson has dodged sword strikes from Deathstroke,Ra's and Azrael so he's pretty good about defending from sword strikes.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@nightwing91 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I realize that, the depowerment of Blockbuster is something that always stuck out about the Nightwing series. But I realize why it had to be done, before he was far out of Grayson's league.

They can,but Grayson has dodged sword strikes from Deathstroke,Ra's and Azrael so he's pretty good about defending from sword strikes.

Eh, I liked Blockbuster being that much of a physical threat. Toning him down to that degree really took away from him, imho.

Of course. I'm not saying he can't dodge them, only that it's most certainly a factor.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rasarima

Incredibly indeed...

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By madrid_san

Haha I know what fight this is but thanks for asking. There isn't any Star vs Nightwing pics so I wanted to show how dangerous and the difference between a superhuman and a ordinary human. Star like I said dodge bullets in point blank range from two or more guys pointing and firing at him. Clearly, he is also a hard target to hit. Plus he is far stronger. Nightwing is probably peak human at most so he is out of his league. Star ftw.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@madrid_san said:

Haha I know what fight this is but thanks for asking. There isn't any Star vs Nightwing pics so I wanted to show how dangerous and the difference between a superhuman and a ordinary human. Star like I said dodge bullets in point blank range from two or more guys pointing and firing at him. Clearly, he is also a hard target to hit. Plus he is far stronger. Nightwing is probably peak human at most so he is out of his league. Star ftw.

Just for future reference: outcomes shouldn't be determined by stats alone, especially when the gap isn't significantly large. Captain America, for example, is only enhanced but he'd defeat Shatterstar.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By madrid_san

@k4tzm4n: Arguments for Nightwing don't convince he has what it takes to beat Shatterstar. I wonder how Cap would win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@madrid_san said:

@k4tzm4n: Arguments for Nightwing don't convince he has what it takes to beat Shatterstar. I wonder how Cap would win.

With his shield, being fast enough to block and attack Shatterstar and being a much better fighter.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By progenitorigin

I could see this as being an incredibly even fight--aside the fact that the aforeshown scans prove that Shatterstar has some strength on him. Grayson does have some nifty equipment, but lest he match Shatterstar's agility (which i'm sure he can), I would give the edge here to Shatterstar.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@madrid_san said:
What does being an "ordinary human" have to do with anything,Shatterstar has the same advantages "ordinary human" heroes deal with on a regular basis.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@madrid_san said:

I understand that.

Cap would win because he's more skilled, has the stats to hang with Shatterstar, and his shield is the perfect offensive and defensive tool in that fight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'll take Nightwing for both rounds too.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

shatterstar

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By Decoy Elite

Is Shatterstar even good unarmed?

I can see him winning an armed match, although Nightwing would make him work for that win.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ReVamp

Bah. I'll take Nightwing for the second round, don't know about the first.

Avatar image for rolandthunder25
Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rolandthunder25

First round would be close...Shatterstar is pretty excellent with his blades (and they are extremely deadly especially his Bio-energy blast) but Nightwing has the edge in straight-up hand to hand combat.

So due to his speed, strength, and deadly accuracy with his blades I'll give Shatterstar the slight edge (6/10) with equipment in Round 1

In Hand to Hand, Dick owns him a vast majority of the time (based on far better Hand to Hand showings).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Decoy Elite said:

Is Shatterstar even good unarmed?

I can see him winning an armed match, although Nightwing would make him work for that win.

He not even that good armed.If Nightwing had healing factor like Deadpool or Wolverine..he'd win.The only reason anyone can even make a case for him armed because his powers are connected to his swords and because of his speed.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Wolverine KO'd Shatterstar with fists alone. So ya, Cap would likewise take Shatterstar out IMO.

Nightwing, however, despite the skill, does not have adamantium lining his fists. Nor does he have physical enhancements in the 1 - 2 ton range or an indestructible shield that does nasty levels of damage ... so he has a tougher fight ahead than either Steve or Logan.

Honestly, I believe Shatterstar 'should' win. But on paper stats and an overabundence of realism are often left at the gate the moment you crack open a comic. A five tonner should kill Nightwing with a punch. And Shatterstar is skilled enough to land said punch. In a comic? I doubt it would even bloody NW's lip.

This is a tough one to call and it's pitting a more powerful, highly skilled B-Class character against a better established top tier hand to hand A-Class character.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sandiego008

I like shatterstar ... but he has a history of knowing how to lose although he is supposed to be bad ass ... giving this to nightwing.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick Grayson wouldn't beat Shatterstar. Shatterstar is a 5toner and has enough battle experience and skill to match Nightwing's more developed fighting style. Nightwing is yes a hell of an acrobat and very hard to hit but well so is Shatterstar; He's already an ehanced to peak human levels but is bones are also hollow making him much lighter in movement...So he's faster stronger, pretty much just as good as a fighter and posses shockwave like abilities....I respect Nightwing I really do but Shatter Star simply would kill him given these conditions.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeanroygrant

Shatterstar.