@e3zombie: Why?

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By e3zombie

I don't really know, I think he is just someone I do not connect with when reading about him.

He is classed the most skilled robin right?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#103  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: He doesn't really have many showings, all things considered. A couple of fights against Batman, three or four against Nightwing, three against Tim Drake, and one against Damian, Green Arrow and Catwoman.

That's hardly an argument, Morphy.

@Morpheus_ said:

I like Dick.

@ReVamp:
Self sarcasm so that you don't cry that I only ever do it to you.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By ComicStooge

@e3zombie: Yep.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ReVamp: Not hardly, it isn't even one. Just an observation. 

LOL
venomyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By venomyak

If Jason just blows the whole place sky high and kills them both, is that a win or a tie?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ReVamp

@venomyak said:

If Jason just blows the whole place sky high and kills them both, is that a win or a tie?

...That wouldn't be much, but it definitely wouldn't count as a win, lol-

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#108  Edited By BatWatch

I'd go with Nightwing because of experience. I'm not really sure when Jason was supposed to become such a BAMF anyway. He trained with Batman for...maybe nine months before getting killed. What training did he undergo once he resurrected that made him able to hold his own with characters which should be much more skilled than him?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#109  Edited By TDK_1997

This happened already and Dick won.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ThexX

I just want to say that Battle for The Cowl story arc was WIS (Writer Induced Stupidity) because everyone knew that it would come down to Jason and Dick. And everybody also knew that Dick would win the fight between the two, because DC Comics would never let a character that kills criminals take up the mantle of Batman.

cclark98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By cclark98

@buttersdaman000: ok ok but lets go with new 52 red hood ...he was pretty screwed up in bftc

cclark98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By cclark98

Look i love red hood one of my favorites ....but nightwing is better he's had more training and is more experienced but still it would be close very close and i'd love to see an epic fight in new 52

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch: He did the same as Batman, scouring the globe for people to train in various arts like acrobatics, explosives, assassination, espionage, etc. And The League of Assassin's trained him, as well.

For clarification, I don't mean he had the same masters or quality training as Batman, just that they had the same method of searching for experts in various fields of combat and stealth.

@ThexX said:

I just want to say that Battle for The Cowl story arc was WIS (Writer Induced Stupidity) because everyone knew that it would come down to Jason and Dick. And everybody also knew that Dick would win the fight between the two, because DC Comics would never let a character that kills criminals take up the mantle of Batman.

Completely true.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch: He did the same as Batman, scouring the globe for people to train in various arts like acrobatics, explosives, assassination, espionage, etc. And The League of Assassin's trained him, as well.

For clarification, I don't mean he had the same masters or quality training as Batman, just that they had the same method of searching for experts in various fields of combat and stealth.

@ThexX said:

Completely true.

I gotcha. I've done a little more research on Jason since I made that comment. I would still probably go with Nightwing.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By jobbernos

@entropy_aegis said:

Nightwing.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

@ThexX said:

Completely true.

I gotcha. I've done a little more research on Jason since I made that comment. I would still probably go with Nightwing.

You know, I would've too, but Nightwing is getting his ass handed to him left and right in his series, now. I haven't read much Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I hear he's got some impressive showings lately. At any rate, I still take Dick. Jason isn't quite at Dick's level, imo.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By dondave

@NyghtMare:Even with all his extra training?

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By ThexX

@dondave: @NyghtMare: Just to add my 2 cents. Nightwing wins still. Even with Jason extra training (The AllCaste) Dick still has the better feats and that what matters. But I do fill that the Jason is catching up to Nightwing.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NyghtMare

@dondave: Yeah, I think Nightwing is just an all around better fighter than Jason, definitely more agile and more acrobatic, too. Nightwing's strength kinda fluctuates, but he's lifted a grown man over his head and threw him like a ragdoll, while his shoulder was dislocated, so he can at least match anything Jason can do, I'm sure. But like I said, I haven't read much Red Hood and the Outlaws, he may have improved as of late.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By dondave

@NyghtMare:Are we using new 52 version because Jason with the All-Blades is a boss!

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NyghtMare

@dondave: I guess we are, I don't think the OP states which version we're using. If Jason gets the All-Blades, he definitely wins lol.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By darktiger

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

@ThexX said:

Completely true.

You know, I would've too, but Nightwing is getting his ass handed to him left and right in his series, now. I haven't read much Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I hear he's got some impressive showings lately. At any rate, I still take Dick. Jason isn't quite at Dick's level, imo.

Yeah not yet

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare: Yeah, Jason is certainly not on Dick's level if you take away his guns. With some lethal force behind him, Jason very well might take him.

I agree that Nightwing's recent showings seem to be a little bit tamer than his pre-Flashpoint appearances. Oh well.

13east9irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By 13east9irl

I like the character Nightwing better. So I'll go with him ^_^

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch: Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, I think. Have you noticed on the cover of almost every issue he's beaten or bloody or getting ready to be thrown off a building, etc? Except for #13, but everything other than that, he's getting dominated.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By sync1

@13east9irl said:

I like the character Nightwing better. So I'll go with him ^_^

This is totally not biased....

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch: Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, I think. Have you noticed on the cover of almost every issue he's beaten or bloody or getting ready to be thrown off a building, etc? Except for #13, but everything other than that, he's getting dominated.

He looked pretty awesome in #1, but that was a long time ago. Yeah, that's a good point, but that is the case in a lot of heroes' covers. You have to make it seem like the hero is in danger so fans will be concerned and pick it up.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#128  Edited By xxxddd

Red Hood is a better fighter, but idk what Nightwing could do with prep.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch: Oh, for sure. At any rate, Nightwing hasn't looked too good collectively in any of his fights, either. Paragon beat him down, Talons nearly killed him. But he somehow manages to go toe to toe with Shiva in #0? Shenanigans if I've ever seen them.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#130  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@NyghtMare: To be fair, Paragon only held the advantage because of the environment (Grayson remarked that it was too confined, not allowing him to properly evade the coils)  and Grayson's second Talon fight began with him being struck in the chest by multiple daggers. Not exactly ideal conditions for the guy.  

Anyway, I haven't read #0 since it came out, but based on what I do recall,  I'd hardly say he went "toe to toe" with Shiva.  She complimented his potential and absolutely humiliated him.  I don't recall him landing a single strike. The only redeeming quality I suppose one could take was the fact he dodged some projectiles, but that's about it. 

@xxxddd said:

He's not. Grayson has him beat when it comes to hand-to-hand.
NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By NyghtMare

@k4tzm4n said:

@NyghtMare: To be fair, Paragon only held the advantage because of the environment (Grayson remarked that it was too confined, not allowing him to properly evade the coils) and Grayson's second Talon fight began with him being struck in the chest by multiple daggers. Not exactly ideal conditions for the guy.

Anyway, I haven't read #0 since it came out, but based on what I do recall, I'd hardly say he went "toe to toe" with Shiva. She complimented his potential and absolutely humiliated him. I don't recall him landing a single strike. The only redeeming quality I suppose one could take was the fact he dodged some projectiles, but that's about it.

@xxxddd said:

He's not. Grayson has him beat when it comes to hand-to-hand.

He dodged a few of her hits and she said he had fluid potential and she could mold him and that Batman was squandering him, and then she humiliated him. Toe to toe was the wrong way to say it, but he lasted longer than Batman.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#132  Edited By xxxddd

@k4tzm4n: you haven't given up on the battle forums?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By jashro44

@NyghtMare:

He dodged a few of her hits and she said he had fluid potential and she could mold him and that Batman was squandering him, and then she humiliated him. Toe to toe was the wrong way to say it, but he lasted longer than Batman.

I heard batman was ambushed and caught off guard?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@xxxddd said:

@k4tzm4n: you haven't given up on the battle forums?

Of course not.
BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch: Oh, for sure. At any rate, Nightwing hasn't looked too good collectively in any of his fights, either. Paragon beat him down, Talons nearly killed him. But he somehow manages to go toe to toe with Shiva in #0? Shenanigans if I've ever seen them.

Dick has still retained a lot of his prowess when compared to Barbara Gordon. She cannot get a clean win to save her live, and her previously genius intellect seems to be rather...less than spectacular.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By NyghtMare

@jashro44 said:

@NyghtMare:

I heard batman was ambushed and caught off guard?

He was, which makes it worse, in my opinion. He was brought down by 1 single shuriken to the shoulder.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch: Yeah, her fight with Knightfall made me wanna puke. Had to have a kid in a mohawk in a jail cell save her life.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jashro44

@NyghtMare:The ninja stars were poison.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By NyghtMare

@jashro44: So? He's Batman, he shouldn't be getting hit by shurikens in the first place when he's a bullet timer of his status and a master of stealth. But Shiva just threw a ninja star from a shadow and down goes Batman. Very low showing for Bruce, imo.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By jashro44

@NyghtMare: It was a surprise attack. He didn't see it coming.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By NyghtMare

@jashro44: Still doesn't make it any better. Unimportant, as Nightwing wins this fight.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#142  Edited By darktiger

Dick wins based off skill and popularity,but if you want the truth jason would win based off of killer instinct and don't forget he lost his rage,his only weakness that made him lose to nightwing in battle for the cowl

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By dondave

I know this won't count for much but during countdown to final crisis, when jason met himself as batman in another universe he said batman taught him everyhting he knows. So basically him and dick probably have equal amounts of training

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@darktiger said:

Dick wins based off skill and popularity,but if you want the truth jason would win based off of killer instinct and don't forget he lost his rage,his only weakness that made him lose to nightwing in battle for the cowl

Funny, I thought not being as skilled made him lose in Battle for the Cowl :P

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By dondave

@k4tzm4n:Didn't nightwing get in a lucky punch at the end of their fight

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dondave: I wouldn't really call it lucky. Nightwing knew he had to time the strike right because he was blinded but later remarked that he put "too much" into it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch: Yeah, her fight with Knightfall made me wanna puke. Had to have a kid in a mohawk in a jail cell save her life.

It was cool up until the whole "Let me turn my back on this villain who I hit and will definitely not stab me in the back as soon as I turn away."

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

It was cool up until the whole "Let me turn my back on this villain who I hit and will definitely not stab me in the back as soon as I turn away."

My favorite part of that issue was when Knightfall was reminiscing about her psychotic boyfriend and she said "Made me watch him take their skin... it took 3 hours, he said he did it for the LULZ"

I dropped the book and didn't pick it up for at least 2 weeks.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By BatWatch

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

My favorite part of that issue was when Knightfall was reminiscing about her psychotic boyfriend and she said "Made me watch him take their skin... it took 3 hours, he said he did it for the LULZ"

(laughs) I actually enjoyed the issue overall, but yeah, I can respect the...inappropriateness of that line. Really undermined the serious tone.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By NyghtMare

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

@BatWatch said:

@NyghtMare said:

(laughs) I actually enjoyed the issue overall, but yeah, I can respect the...inappropriateness of that line. Really undermined the serious tone.

I agree, it was probably my favorite issue overall. I think the art was spectacular and minus a few lapses in the dialogue, it was overall pretty well written. I liked the end too, still haven't read Batgirl #14, or anything else Bat-family recently, so I'm a little behind.