deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Round 1

• Pre + New 52 Nightwing, standard Punisher.
  • No prior knowledge, random encounter.
  • Standard gear for Dick.
  • Frank has - M16A4 w/ Pump Shotgun Attached, two automatic Glock's, two distraction devices (stun+flash grenade hybrids), an assortment of batons and knives, and one of his tasers. All firearms will be loaded with rubber mercy bullets.
  • In character, morals on.
  • Fight to the knockout or incapacitation.

Nightwing - A, Punisher - B
Nightwing - A, Punisher - B

Round 2

Same as Round 1, except both are now morals off, and looking to kill. Frank's taser and batons are replaced by spring loaded knives, frag grenades and one mine. Frank is using conventional ammunition.

Round 3

Same as Round 2, apart from the following:

• One hour of prep time before the combatants meet each other at their designated areas. May alter the environment around their own starting position or elsewhere, but not approaching the others' starting area.
  • Combatants can bring whatever resources they personally have access to within the hour from their own base of operations.
  • No vehicles.
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Nightwing

Night wing

Punisher

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing

Nightwing

Punisher

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing

Nightwing

Punisher

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should break the echo in here with some reasons.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NIGHTWING WAS TRAINED BY BATMAN AND WE ALL KNOW BATMAN >>> THE PUNISHER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Why do my Punisher threads always get so retarded... lol

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

CAUSE YOU WANK HIM, HE IS JUST A SOLDIER, NIGHTWING IS A NINJA, NINJA > SOLDIER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

Frank killed the Marvel Universe. You may now take your leave.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thitiki: because Punisher is the better prepper of them too and he may find something that will help him to beat Nightwing

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Round 1: I think Punisher will defeat Dick. He has more weapons at his disposal.

Round 2: Punisher. He could surprise Dick with his grenade.

Round 3: Punisher is better at prep than Dick. He come locked and loaded.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

AND NIGHTWING STALEMATES DEATHSTROKE THE GUY WHO TAKES ON THE LEAGUE, AMONG THE LEAGUE IS ION KYLE RAYNER WHO WENT TOE TO TOE WITH ZERO HOUR PARALLAX, A FRICKEN MULTIVERSAL THREAT. FRANK GOT NOTHIN ON DICK.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

AND NIGHTWING STALEMATES DEATHSTROKE THE GUY WHO TAKES ON THE LEAGUE, AMONG THE LEAGUE IS ION KYLE RAYNER WHO WENT TOE TO TOE WITH ZERO HOUR PARALLAX, A FRICKEN MULTIVERSAL THREAT. FRANK GOT NOTHIN ON DICK.

That's true.. Frank doesn't have a plan for multiversal dicks. I guess Nightwing wins.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I think Punisher will defeat Dick. He has more weapons at his disposal.

Punisher's weapon's are only loaded with rubber mercy bullets...Dick's suit is more than capable of repelling those. Dick is also more agile than Punisher and can quickly close the gap between them and when it gets to H2h/melee...well that is practically a given.

Round 2: Punisher. He could surprise Dick with his grenade.

If Punisher were to throw a grenade then all Dick would have to do is use his speed and acrobatics to get as far away from it as possible...This round won't be as easy as the first since Punisher is using conventional ammo, but there are plenty of places for Dick to take cover, and move closer while, Frank reloads. Of course it's not like Frank will be standing in one spot, but Dick has superior Speed and he is more than capable of dodging gunfire. Then same as last time he closes the distance or he could throw a wing ding and knock the gun out of Punisher's hands or distract him, there is a variety of ways he could win, I say Dick 6.5/10

Round 3: Punisher is better at prep than Dick. He come locked and loaded.

Punisher is going to win obviously.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@i_like_swords: Punisher loses focus looking at Dick's arse. Nightwing then proceeds to one-shot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@i_like_swords: Punisher loses focus looking at Dick's arse. Nightwing then proceeds to one-shot.

I have so many Gifs for this occasion... I'll choose this one

No Caption Provided

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By godzilla44

Dick

Dick

Punisher

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Pokeysteve

If they don't know where the other starts than Frank can take two and three. If they DO know, Nightwing takes him out before he knows it but Frank still wins the 3rd round.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one to Nightwing, rubber bullets won't do crap. Round two to punisher, real bullets and explosives will work. Round three to punisher as well. People here seem to think punisher is pretty good at prep and has great tech at home, and it seems pretty legit. Dick isn't a great prepper. Not horrible. But not great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they don't know where the other starts than Frank can take two and three. If they DO know, Nightwing takes him out before he knows it but Frank still wins the 3rd round.

How would Nightwing stealth Frank in broad daylight?

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahem...

Round 1. Nightwing (7/10)

Dick Grayson was trained in H2H by Batman, blah, blah, blah... and that is how wins 7 of 10. Frank Castle is only given two distraction devices, which he must unleash when Nightwing is in close range. Unfortunately, at close range Nightwing will prove to be the superior combatant in a non-lethal melee encounter. Punisher will hit him, especially with the shotgun, but rubber mercy bullets won't impact against Nightwing to distract, delay, or incapacitate him in the least. He also has gas pellets that, if used at the right time, will incapacitate Frank.

Frank gets 3 out of 10 because is a ruthless and has the following skills:

Punisher is the recipient of multidisciplinary military training from the U.S. Marine Corps. While a Marine, he also received training from the U.S. Army and Navy. From this training, Punisher is proficient in not only basic infantry skills, but in special operations, which includes the use and maintenance of specialized firearms and explosive ordnance. He is highly trained in infiltration into heavily-guarded enemy territories and structures for the purpose of assassination, captures, and military intelligence. Also, he is trained in various forms of camouflage and stealth. From his airborne training, Punisher is able to pack and maintain his own parachute rigs, as well as professionally control his landings, in daylight and at night. From his Navy UDT training, Punisher is well-skilled in extended underwater operations, including demolitions. He is skilled with a great many types of explosives, ranging from simple dynamite to plastique to improvised explosives. His hand-to-hand combat skills are more then sufficient to allow him to incapacitate and kill men much stronger than he is, as well as to deal with groups of armed and unarmed enemies, killing them all without weapons if he deems it necessary. He is also extremely deadly in knife training, preferring the knife he learned to fight with in the USMC: the ka-bar. Additionally, he is a preternaturally-precise marksman. He is thoroughly trained and experienced in unconventional ("guerilla") warfare. He is an armorer, a gunsmith, and an expert in field medicine.

This REAL-WORLD combat training, in which he has YEARS experience in REAL COMBAT situations, will allow him to absorb some of Nightwing's H2H tactics and incapacitate him. Frank has fought ninjas... sorry, KILLED Ninjas before.. as well as fought master martial artists and taken them down. He has fought meta-human H2H fighters like Daredevil and even beat him on occasion using his tactical skills.

Round 2. Punisher (8/10)

Frank Castle picks up 5 more wins over Nightwing in Rd 2 because he gets to use lethal weapons. In Rd 1 he tagged Nightwing, but the rubber bullets didn't have any lasting effect on Grayson, which allowed Nightwing to use cover until he got close enough to Frank and used his superior H2H against Frank's combat training - and Frank wasn't going for the kill in Rd 1, but he is now. This is a Battles thread, so there is no PIS or CIS to protect Nightwing from the .223 rounds that will be hitting him from 600 yds out with dead on accuracy. In Rd 2, Punisher's best tactic is to move to the far side of the open area, thereby forcing Nightwing to come out in the open and cross the distance of the open area to try and engage him.

This area will be a kill box for a sniper/marksman of Frank's caliber who, with cooked frag grenades, will narrow Nightwing's movement choices or kill him outright. Punisher's other choice is to seek the high ground above the arena, at a corner, which again forces Nightwing to come at Frank from one direction. This will also set up a killzone for the Punisher - who has a 2 range advantages (long, mid) to Grayson's 1 (close).

Round 3. Punisher (10/10)

@i_like_swords, do you want me to elaborate for the sake of the Bat fans how lopsided this will get?

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can agree nightwing beats punisher but I don't think he will take Frank down so quickly Frank won't even know it....I think thats an exaggeration.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OreoAssassin

Nightwing

Punisher

Punisher

Also im stealing that Punisher pic :p

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve said:

How would Nightwing stealth Frank in broad daylight?

Lol I didn't even notice it was daylight in the pic. My bad. There should still be enough cover for Dick to use. Worst case scenario he gets hit with a few rubber bullets. Dick's been hurt worse. Sooner or later, round one comes down to h2h and Castle can't beat Grayson. Round 2 could go differently. Nice set up! That is the perfect battle location to spark some good thinking.

@jashro44 said:

@pokeysteve said:

I can agree nightwing beats punisher but I don't think he will take Frank down so quickly Frank won't even know it....I think thats an exaggeration.

I thought it was night time for some reason. Not an exaggeration. I'm just stupid lol.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I swear that location pic is use a lot in the forums

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing :D

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol get wrekt punisher

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashro44

Nightwing wins the first 2 rounds.No comment on the 3rd because I don't know what resources punisher has currently.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regiebravo: Good thing it's a non-canon what if story, then.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Nightwing- Dick is agile enough to edge out a win more often than not.

2. Going for the kill, Frank takes it 6/10

3. Frank stomps, his prep is second to only the Wayne when it comes to street level, and when it comes to killing, he's #1 on the street.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Nightwing wins the first 2 rounds.No comment on the 3rd because I don't know what resources punisher has currently.

Basically whatever military grade gear that's out there, he can get. Missile launchers, sniper rifles, armor piercing bullets, mines, gas masks, grenades, you name it.

Edit: Having said that, I've only read the first TPB of his current ongoing so he could have upgraded. I still think he has more than enough smarts to get by on military-grade equipment though, that stuff is pretty lethal even if it isn't super-gear.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Nightwing, sure if we pull up some youtube videos we will find normal people tanking rubber bullets.

2. Could go either way, they are both fast, and both have great H2H feats, although Dick probably beats punisher in H2H, but Punisher beats NW in long range fighting.

3. Frank Stomps, he has better prep feats.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Frisky4

Hooray for power-scaling!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

1. Nightwing, sure if we pull up some youtube videos we will find normal people tanking rubber bullets.

Eh.. they're liable to knock Dick out after a few to the head although his suit could tank them with minor brusing, probably. Remember, they're being put through automatic glocks and a shotgun. And Frank has more than just firearms in round 1.

@lukehero said:

2. Could go either way, they are both fast, and both have great H2H feats, although Dick probably beats punisher in H2H, but Punisher beats NW in long range fighting.

I think H2H is more debatable than people think. Frank's blunt force durability is crazy and he can fight pretty well with batons, and his H2H feats are honestly on Nightwing's level. Nightwing is faster, more agile and has more raw skill though. I think it's debatable.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Eh.. they're liable to knock Dick out after a few to the head although his suit could tank them with minor brusing, probably. Remember, they're being put through automatic glocks and a shotgun. And Frank has more than just firearms in round 1.

Ehhh, rubber bullets suck. Normal Human with a Vest.

Loading Video...

A 66 Year Old Man got shot right in the temple with a 44m rubber bullet at close range by cops. He still was able to remain conscious.

Ferguson Protesters tanking rubber bullets.

As far as his other weapons in round 1 go, they are kinda meh, IMO. He could throw some on the knives, but Dick could easily dodge them. Baseball bat would have been better an a baton IMO. Longer reach and more damage output because you can use leverage and knock someone's head off. Taser really isn't that awesome either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Ehhh, rubber bullets suck. Normal Human with a Vest.

Frank has put Spider-Man down with a shotgun barrel of rubber bullets, and knocked out Daredevil with a rubber bullet to the stomach. I think you'll need to suspend your disbelief somewhat on this one.

A 66 Year Old Man got shot right in the temple with a 44m rubber bullet at close range by cops.

He was shot by one bullet and was hospitalized, he obviously wasn't in good condition, and Frank would be firing more potent bullets and more of them, with greater accuracy.

As far as his other weapons in round 1 go, they are kinda meh, IMO. He could throw some on the knives, but Dick could easily dodge them. Baseball bat would have been better an a baton IMO. Longer reach and more damage output because you can use leverage and knock someone's head off. Taser really isn't that awesome either.

Considering Frank has stuck Spider-Man to a wall with two throwing knives I highly doubt Dick is dodging them easily, if at all. A granite baton is harder than a baseball, allows for more finesse and Frank is better trained with them. Frank's tasers can be cranked up into the hundreds of thousands of volts range.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I'm not really sure. I'm not clear on how much rubber bullets will affect Dick through his armor.

Round 2: Punisher. He's shown the accuracy to tag people as or more fast and agile than Nightwing. Nightwing's probably a bit better in H2H, but not by much. Certainly not enough to overcome Punishers advantage.

Round 3: I'm not really clear on what resources Nightwing normally has. Until I see otherwise, Frank busts out his Rulk-buster suit and wins with it.

Avatar image for theflippinggrayson
TheFlippingGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much better is Nightwing than Punisher in H2H? I know Nightwing was trained by Batman. Batman is one of the greatest martial artists in DC so I'm sure Nightwing should be pretty good too. However, I don't know how well-trained Punisher is. Could someone inform me? Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing

Punisher

Punisher

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Basically whatever military grade gear that's out there, he can get. Missile launchers, sniper rifles, armor piercing bullets, mines, gas masks, grenades, you name it.

Edit: Having said that, I've only read the first TPB of his current ongoing so he could have upgraded. I still think he has more than enough smarts to get by on military-grade equipment though, that stuff is pretty lethal even if it isn't super-gear.

Mines could be helpful. Does he have things like turrets?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mickey-mouse

@i_like_swords: There's suspension of disbelief and then there's LOL no that's stupid.

As far as accuracy goes, that old man got hit right in the dome, the cops mere a few feet in front of him.

As far as the other weapons go, fair enough, now that you have explained it, I'll buy it. But, rubber bullets suck and that's a pretty low showing for Spiderman and DD durability to be hurt by Rubber Bullets, in fact it's stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@i_like_swords said:

@jashro44 said:

Mines could be helpful. Does he have things like turrets?

IIRC in the 90s he had this robot with mounted mini-guns, and microchip had set up autoturrets for him to practice with, so maybe.

@lukehero said:

@i_like_swords: There's suspension of disbelief and then there's LOL no that's stupid.

As far as accuracy goes, that old man got hit right in the dome, the cops mere a few feet in front of him.

As far as the other weapons go, fair enough, now that you have explained it, I'll buy it. But, rubber bullets suck and that's a pretty low showing for Spiderman and DD durability to be hurt by Rubber Bullets, in fact it's stupid.

I'm not really an expert on rubber bullets, but I'd assume Frank is using more potent, customized weapons than the riot police. And these bullets do generally hurt superhuman foes even in more recent times, he's used them to take down both Spider-Man and Electro. It's probably just one of those comic things.