User Lists: 6

Daredevil for the win

CodyWalper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh man this is a good one buuuuttt..... I gotta go Nightwing. The mans martial arts skills rival those of Batman even.

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dd

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil!!!

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil, though it would be a close one.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By Ultragreenboy

As pointless and stupid as this fight was it did prove Dick can beat his mentor in H2H

No Caption Provided

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man... Nightwing is my 2nd favorite character ever.

I got to give this one Daredevil for the slim majority. In a random encounter, Dick won't be able to determine DD is blind (in time) and utilize that against him. In a battle of pure physicals, DD takes this one.

Daredevil 6/10

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: I was told not to make threads that already existed. So I found one that was already made and put my input.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiotesaiyan: but c'mon you've been here a while you sdidnt add anything productive you just said one word you know if you did this in the day a mod would warn/ban you.

SymbioteSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: I've been on here for about a month.. And okay I'll contact a mod and ask how I can cast my vote on a thread if I'm not allowed to make a new one to do it? And me "bumping" old threads has been starting little debates with other people already sooo

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I change my mind to nightwing he recently beat batman and has shown me more impressive feats then DD overall

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil has taken down opponents much more skilled than Nightwing, much faster than Nightwing, Much stronger than Nightwing, Daredevil is at least equal, if not more agile than Nightwing, he has much better reflexes, dexterity, and strength feats. DD has contended with and beaten martial artists above his own level, including that of Wolverine and Iron Fist. DD is out of Nightwing's league 8/10 Matt

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Daredevil is what Nightwing should aspire to be. He's not quite there yet.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667  Edited By Sy8000

Daredevil wrecks.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669  Edited By darktiger
RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As you can see, @rootsunderdog, the majority of INFORMED, fact using people on this thread know that NIGHTWING would win (as well as the majority on not only another Grayson/DD thread on this site, but on OTHER popular comic battle sites such as Comic Book Universe Battles, Superhero Stuff, and Killermovies.com, to name a few). So despite what a small clique on the recent other Grayson/DD thread say, most people know---NIGHTWING WINS.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prove it

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673  Edited By jcell

Oh boy, here we go again. Daredevil for a majority.

http://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2dzadn/respect_the_man_without_fear_daredevil/

Take a gander through those feats to see why Matt is more than a good match for Dick in a random encounter. He's fought and beat Taskmaster, he has got the the upperhand on Iron Fist forcing him to chi amp, and his accuracy and club ricochet feats are insane. Not to mention there is nothing Nightwing can do acrobatically that DD can't also do, while also having the advantage of radar sense.

Dick's advantage is gear, and I really don't see how wingdings are going to help against someone who can dodge and deflect like DD.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rootsunderdog:

Yeah, this is just a random encounter set-up. No prep for Nightwing here.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rootsunderdog, yes; the other thread you've been commenting on was started recently by trinidadsuperman. This one was started quite a while ago by another poster altogether.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@jcell, despite obviously leaning toward DD you proved to be a reasonable, equal broker on the other thread. Please don't backslide here. Nightwing has defeated superstrong and/or well skilled opponents as a TEENAGER, YEARS before Matt even BEGAN his career. I am NOT saying Murdoch can't POSSIBLY win, but as a majority-on this thread AND even other sites agree-more than not, NIGHTWING WINS.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679  Edited By jcell
@theonewhoknows said:

@jcell, despite obviously leaning toward DD you proved to be a reasonable, equal broker on the other thread. Please don't backslide here. Nightwing has defeated superstrong and/or well skilled opponents as a TEENAGER, YEARS before Matt even BEGAN his career. I am NOT saying Murdoch can't POSSIBLY win, but as a majority-on this thread AND even other sites agree-more than not, NIGHTWING WINS.

Likewise, I'm not saying Nightwing can't possibly win, I just think DD takes the majority. I am simply trying to make a case for why I truely believe DD would win this.

And I don't see how Nightwing beating people as a teenager makes him better than DD. That's like saying Lebron James is better than Michael Jordan because Lebron started his professional career earlier. (Basketball reference in case you don't understand)

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By jcell

@theonewhoknows:

Also, the fact that you spelled his name wrong tells me a lot about how much you know about DD. It's MURDOCK not MURDOCH.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think it just comes down to Daredevil being above Nightwing in their stats

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jcell, that Lebron/Jordan was a TERRIBLE analogy. And no you DIDN'T use the old, moldy "I've-run-out-of-bullets-so-I'm-going-to-pettily-use-the-spelling-police-gambit" (sigh). You used Taskmaster as an example of DD's prowess, so I simply pointed out that Grayson has lots of victories over super powered and/or greatly skilled opponents as well-and MORE impressively, Grayson did it when he was a TEENAGER (heck, as another example of his prowess, in the graphic novel series "Robin: Year One", he defeated the first Blockbuster WHEN HE WAS CHILD). I don't MINIMIZE or DISMISS DD's feats-I simply point out that Nightwing has feats to match---AND HE'S BEEN DOING THOSE FEATS LONGER, and impressively, has as many feats to his credit EVEN BEFORE you get to his ADULT career. It is EXTREME folly to claim that longer experience in a field has no bearing on outcomes WHATSOVER. No, no matter how you slice it-and this DOES NOT mean that DD is a punk, or a bad character, but tech, the experience, the feats, the facts, and the majorities say---NIGHTWING WINS.

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683  Edited By jcell

@theonewhoknows:

You seem to think the vast majority are arguing for Nightwing. Go back through both threads and tally up the votes for each character. I think you'll find it's much closer than you seem to believe.

You keep saying Nightwing's feats are better because he started fighting crime earlier. Grayson may have started training earlier, and his teenage feats are highly impressive, but that in no way equates to him being better as an adult than DD. You know who else has more experience than DD? Captain America. Yet DD was still able to dance around Cap's attacks like they were nothing and that was while his senses were hindered!

Repeating "NIGHTWING WINS" in all capslock at the end of every post isn't going to convince anyone.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would say DD.
And so I do. :D

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does DD win

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686  Edited By jcell

@darktiger:

He has skill feats that put him on Nightwing's level, and I haven't seen anything in the agility department that DD couldn't replicate, meanwhile I don't see Nightwing batting away bullets.

DD could wrap him up with his cables like he's done to Deadpool, he could get him in a chokehold or use nerve strikes like he's done to Punisher, he could use Nightwing's own weapons against him like he's done to Bullseye, Cap and Taskmaster, he could hit him in the back of the head with a ricocheting club throw like he did to Iron Fist. These are all ways he's been able to get the upperhand on other skilled opponents.

I think Nightwing can take some wins, he is indeed very skilled, but he doesn't have DD's reflexes and that's the deciding factor in my opinion.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687  Edited By RootsUnderdog

@jcell said:

@darktiger:

He has skill feats that put him on Nightwing's level, and I haven't seen anything in the agility department that DD couldn't replicate, meanwhile I don't see Nightwing batting away bullets.

DD could wrap him up with his cables like he's done to Deadpool, he could get him in a chokehold or use nerve strikes like he's done to Punisher, he could use Nightwing's own weapons against him like he's done to Bullseye, Cap and Taskmaster, he could hit him in the back of the head with a ricocheting club throw like he did to Iron Fist. These are all ways he's been able to get the upperhand on other skilled opponents.

I think Nightwing can take some wins, he is indeed very skilled, but he doesn't have DD's reflexes and that's the deciding factor in my opinion.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing seems to have better gear. It could go either way really.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@jcell, I say NIGHTWING WINS at the end of my posts from time to time not to "convince" anyone, but because it's perfectly legal for me to do so---and frankly, also because I FEEL LIKE IT. Now, I thought we had reached a detente---a TRUCE of sorts, lately; but your recent posts seem to be borderline HOSTILE again. I am PERFECTLY WILLING to keep things civil, but I'll GIVE as good as I GET if need be.

Now, let me clarify something: I am NOT saying Grayson's feats are "better" SOLELY because he has been doing them longer---it is simply ONE of MANY factors I have mentioned thoughout these threads that I think is a point in favor of Grayson being victorious. History ABOUNDS with people who, having a head start/more experience in WHATEVER field-police work(the whole veteran to rookie advantage), learning new languages (kids have LONG found it easier to do over adults), physical sports, etc. And as far as the whole 'ratio-of Nightwing-backers-to-DD' issue, since you and a couple of others on the other thread MORE THAN ONCE touted your ALLEDGED numbers superiority, I simply pointed out that not only on THIS thread, but on one prior, AND on other prominent fantasy/adventure sites, the numbers advantage is with NIGHTWING-so a small clique on a SINGLE thread doensn't mean much. I DO appreciate that you acknowledge that Nightwing's youthful exploits are impressive, AND you even conceed Grayson would gets some wins---I have REPEATEDLY AKNOWLEDGED the same for DD as well (with his radar senses and martial arts skills, NOT doing so would be RIDICULOUS). ALSO, @rootsunderdog, I am glad to see your almost CRIMMINAL dismissal of Nightwing's chances of wins on the other thread dialed back on this thread).They are both extraordinarily skilled combatants, but because, for the many reasons I've repeatedly mentioned, NIGH---oh, just for you, jcell, in small font---Nightwing wins.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: On the other thread Nightwing had prep which would allow him to use that big sonic disruptor. This is a straight up fight, and while out of 10 fights Nightwing could win a few, Daredevil would take the majority of those fights. I didn't just dismiss his wins the circumstances changed

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rootsunderdog, it still feels like you've softened your tone on THIS thread---despite the fact that on the other thread Grayson does INDEED have prep. I still say that in a random encounter, Nightwing MORE than has the skills to battle Matt AT LEAST evenly, and if he felt he was in danger of losing---Nightwing would pull out any NUMBER of tech he has, and that would give him a win 5.5, maybe six out of ten.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: the only tech I could see as an advantage for Nightwing would be sonics, and I don't know if those are a part of his standard equipment or not. And even if they were Daredevil has fought through sonics and even retained his abilities without radar sense. I think the skilled opponents that Daredevil contends with are slightly, and in some cases well (Spiderman), above the level of Nightwing

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rootsunderdog, you keep insisting on underestimating Grayson. As a TEEN, in New Teen Titans issue 6 (have to double check that issue but I think it was no. 6) Grayson took down Green Lantern Hal Jordan with off the cuff prep (put his YELLOW cape around Jordan's ring, neutralizing it, then knocked Hal the f&$k out with a savate kick; ALSO with off-the-cuff-prep and tech, defeated the super strong, metamorphing Clayface in a flash-back in Nightwing issue 101, was stalemating the superstrong/agile/ fast Hawk (of the Hawk and Dove duo) before the battle was interrupted and the list goes on-notice I'm purposely sticking to feats he's done as a KID-to point out that Grayson has been taking on/taking DOWN opponents "above the level of" himself (on PAPER) LONG BEFORE he was and ADULT. I'm sorry, but a hero who was taking down people (and even aliens and CREATURES) far more scarier/formidable than Matt YEARS before Matt even first put on his costume is not going to be run over by DD (or ANYONE).

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694  Edited By RootsUnderdog

@theonewhoknows: Matt takes down bigger threats than that, he took down absorbing man, who fights hulk and Thor, without any prep. He mephisto, Blackheart, Spiderman, the list goes on. All without prep, which I hope we can agree is more impressive than with prep

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dag nabbed real life---INTRUDING on my comic book character debating time! But I'm back now, so, to continue: @rootsunderdog, those are indeed impressive DD feats, but you're missing my point-for every DD feat you can name, I can name a matching feat for Grayson---and I don't even have to go to feats he did as an ADULT! But before I name some new ones, let's back up a bit-once again you're attempting to downplay and/or dismiss Grayson's feats (notice I don't do that with DD-I don't NEED to DOWN PLAY Matt to UPGRADE Grayson). Clayface is powerful enough to have battled the TEAM of the Outsiders simutaneously (and the team at the time included Geo Force and Black Lightning) and went toe to toe with Supergirl; Green Lantern Hal has taken on everyone from Sinestro to the ACTUAL Hulk (not just someone who has FOUGHT him) to Superman (AND Grayson did these feats ALSO without prep) so the claim that DD's opponents are "bigger than that" is dubious. But to continue, Grayson defeated the first Blockbuster with off the cuff, in the middle of the battle prep in the graphic novel mini series "Robin: Year One" as a CHILD; DD OUT SMARTED Mephisto-again, impressive, but Grayson has defeated Trigon with an off the cuff prep that he directed his Titan teamates to use, and one on one defeated the super strong, mystical Gargoyle, who had already enthralled Grayson's super powered teamates in the creature's own realm of limbo; without prep, defeated Dr. Light (who, bloodlusted, decimated two entire TEAMS of Titans plus Green Arrow simutaneously) and---I'm going to save some for now, because the point once again is that Grayson defeated heavy hitters that match up to DD's all before he was an adult, many without prep, on all kinds of battlefields from the war zone of Gotham to alien planets and sinister realms. So a street leveler, no matter how impressive, is just not going to phase someone who has repeatedly taken down opponents more formidable than Matt YEARS before Matt even THOUGHT about entering law shchool. And THAT is why---NIGHTWING WINS

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: I was getting lonely without you! On the other DD vs NW thread I posted a lot of DD scans if you want to look them up. I agree everything Nightwing has done proves him to be a formidable opponent. Who a character has beaten counts for a lot, but since they are from different universes there's really no way to compare which enemy beaten was better, except by feats that can be related to the real world. Such as bullet timing (which couldn't happen in the real world, but it puts reaction time and speed into perspective), strength showing, speed showings and the like

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@rootsunderdog, Grrrrrr-real life is intruding once again---I'll come back after I take care of some things and check your scans!

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, @rootsunderdog, I've checked your scans, and replied in the other thread.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is

Faster: running speed equal but combat speed (reflexes) this is all matts game due to his powers.

Stronger: matt is bigger (6'00 200lbs) he is able to bench 500lbs i wont go into his feats because they are vast and stated already.

Smarter: now this one is a tough one while dick is book smarter when it comes to the streets theres no one better than murdock.

Skill: matts is more athletic/agile his powers help him with that. Hes a better h2h combatant and also he has more experience matt was trained as a boxers since 3. Trained by stick since 8. Fighting crime ALONE since 19.

Daredevil can also focus and cancel out the sounds that can affect him making nightwings gear dead weight.

Daredevil wins 9/10

czerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a meta: Daredevil wins simply based on being a more interesting character with a more interesting concept.

In reality: It depends on the depiction of the reality. In Daredevil's reality, he easily bests Nightwing. There is a rarity of super powers in Daredevil's reality and in the rare matchups, he always comes out on top. Wolverine and Spiderman I believe are the two obvious examples....

but if we are in the more expansive power reality of DC, then Daredevil is tinier game than Nightwing, simply because Nightwing has more deus ex machina and murky canon level available to him.

It's an unfair fight. Nightwing can always level, as Batman, to whatever the comic requires, while Daredevil will be always restricted to his character universe and his particular powers have been clearly established. Daredevil always wins in the marvel universe, because he is the pure 'non-powered' survivalist in that universe. In the DC universe, Nightwing always wins because of a flashback to Bruce once telling him a tale of tangling with blind ninja's...