Nightwing

No Caption Provided

VS

Crossbones

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Begin 15 feet apart.

-Nightwing has his escrimas, wrist grappling line, and standard costume.

-Crossbones has his classic gear (wrist knife, throwing daggers, wrist crossbow).

-Morals apply.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Coming back with a fury I see...

I'm going with Nightwing. His acrobatics and agility will give Crossbones trouble.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch:

I was up late and the site was dead. So, I figured I'd spend some time over here as well.

Unless I'm not welcome. Then I'll pull a Bruce Banner and walk away on a long road with some sad, sad music playing.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: and STAY OUT. 

Only I can create awesome street level threads now.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch
For a man with a flying T-Rex av, I'm disappointed by the lack of "vs T-Rex" threads :P
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By buttersdaman000

Im not sure about this but didnt Bucky beat Crossbones in a fight after Crossbones shot him in the back 2-3 times? Bucky was groggy and hurt yet he still beat Crossbones.

Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tiamat

As much as I like Crossbones and think he is overlooked and underrated. I don't see him beating Nightwing more times than getting beat. 

Nightwing 8/10

Nihilus_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nihilus_Shadow
@buttersdaman000 said:
Im not sure about this but didnt Bucky beat Crossbones in a fight after Crossbones shot him in the back 2-3 times? Bucky was groggy and hurt yet he still beat Crossbones.
At one point he was beating on Crossbones and Sin at the same time.  But Classic Crossbones was able to slug it out with Captain America, he's owned Bullseye and he's beaten Daredevil, although Daredevil had already suffered a beating from Cap and his radar sense wouldn't work on Brock because of his high metabolism
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@buttersdaman000
Crossbones started with the advantage, there was a brief back and forth, then Crossbones threw him out the window.  As Bucky was falling, Black Widow saved him in the falling car, then when Brock looked out the window, Bucky shot him. 

They had 3 encounters in total.  The first one, they tackled each other from a helicopter.  They smashed through a billboard, and when they landed, Crossbones's head smashed into a brick/cement wall, suffering a fractured skull.  The second time Bucky one-shotted him, which I strongly disagree with.  The man takes hits from Rogers, so he's not getting one-shotted by Bucky's organic arm any time soon.  I'll accept it if it was an artist error and it was intended to be the (superhuman) bionic arm. 

That said, agility is certainly Grayson's advantage here, but Brock is hardly a slouch when it comes to his own speed and reflexes, which I hopefully proved in my respect thread.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buttersdaman000
@Nihilus_Shadow: @k4tzm4n
Ok thanks
Does he still have that heat blast power?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@buttersdaman000
No, he doesn't have the power.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3

Nightwing wins.

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@k4tzm4n: Whoah, AND a new avatar? You crazy.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@texasdeathmatch
IZ BEE SO FLY.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By progenitorigin

Nightwing.  He's as close to Bucky as you can get without the technoprosthetic arm, and he's defeated Crossbones on numerous occasions now.
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Superskrull86
@progenitor said:
Nightwing.  He's as close to Bucky as you can get without the technoprosthetic arm, and he's defeated Crossbones on numerous occasions now.

Areed.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Nightwing has this. Not much more to say as to why that hasn't already been said.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Not like I've given reasons as to why Bucky's victory was clearly downplaying Crossbones or anything.  But I guess that makes sense.  Have even fights with Rogers, but lose easily to Bucky.  Totally logical, right?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Keep in mind, his respect thread is provided in the OP.  I advise reviewing it if you sincerely believe losing to Bucky is a legitimate enough argument for a match this close.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By buttersdaman000
@k4tzm4n
Ok.....
Nightwing should take majority then but all battles will be close. Crossbones is able to scrap with and stalemate Captain America which is impressive, but I have no doubt that Grayson would be able to do the same. Their both peak human but Grayson definitely outclasses him in agility, if not also skill. 
If the battle starts to turn in Crossbones favor, Grayson can use his grapple to gain some distance and recuperate while at the same time raining down batarangs.
His Escrima gives him h2h range advantage since he doesnt have to be as close in order to go h2h
His suit should be able to block any knife wounds also.... at least in the chest area
Then again, Crossbones has a crossbow and throwing daggers which would give him the overall range advantage and Nightwing has been taken down by those less skilled than Crossbones. So Crossbones taking out Nightwing in straight h2h is reasonable

But overall Nightwing 7/10
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@buttersdaman000
Grayson doesn't have batarangs in this match.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By TDK_1997

Nightwing kicks the ass of Crossbones

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By buttersdaman000
@k4tzm4n
He carries batarangs in the gauntlets of his suit though
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By difficlus

I think Nightwing takes a healthy 8/10 for this based on points already raised

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@buttersdaman000
I've listed the gear he has in the OP.  Batarangs are not included. 

To everyone else:  Saying "he lost to Bucky" and "Nightwing is more agile" doesn't cut it.  The man has had stalemates with Cap, took the edge over Bullseye, and beat Daredevil.  If you wanna support Grayson, bring more to the table.  

/forcingarealdeabte
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By buttersdaman000
@k4tzm4n
Ok
I still see Dick taking this 7/10
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Since Nightwing has his escrimas here, did Daredevil use his billy club against Brock to any degree of success?
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimj87d

I think this is pretty close to a stalemate. Because morals apply, Nightwing will try to not hurt Corssbones. Crossbones has no morals and will fight ruthlessly.  

I see Crossbones winning this. What is agility going to do for Greyson in a h2h fight with someone that is very skilled. Is he going to run away and do cartwheels as he does it? 

With morals Crossbones takes it 6/10 
Without morals Nightwing 6/10

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Jake Fury
No, he didn't use them.  But at the same rate, he regularly faces a man that has mastered using a virtually indestructable shield, so....lol 

I also have reflex feats in his respect thread that prove he's no slouch when it comes to projectiles.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@SlimJ87D: I don't think Grayson has any problem with "hurting" Crossbones, he just won't kill him.
superfan_dc_mu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By superfan_dc_mu

Nightwing was trained by Batman and fought side by side with him for a long time so he has experience and training to be a highly effective fighter,i don't know to much about crossbones so i'll go read his respect page before i state who I think would win.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By slimj87d
@texasdeathmatch: Yeah but it's hard to hurt Crossbones. falling from 2 stories (it might even be 3 stories)  Bucky threw his face head into a brick wall and crossbones was still conscious. Crossbones has high durability for peak human. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By buttersdaman000
@SlimJ87D
Nightwing wouldnt care about hurting Crossbones.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By slimj87d
@buttersdaman000: Read what I just said above. It's not easy to hurt this guy. He can take damage as well as fight very well. Sure Nightwing might have a bit of a skill advantage but like I said his morals will not allow him to do half the things he could do with lethal martial arts which kinda evens that out. Next is their durability, if Crossbones and Nightwing had a vitality bar Crossbones would be about %50 more than Nightwings. 

With morals it's going to be hard for nightwing to tag someone that keeps up with a super soldier And when he does land hits it's going to not hurt as much as crossbones is hurting nightwing. 
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@superfan_dc_mu said:
Nightwing was trained by Batman and fought side by side with him for a long time so he has experience and training to be a highly effective fighter,i don't know to much about crossbones so i'll go read his respect page before i state who I think would win.
NEW USERS, FOLLOW THIS MAN'S APPROACH
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By progenitorigin
@k4tzm4n
Bucky is very comparable to Grayson.  Crossbones is impressive, he's gotten the better of Bullseye, Daredevil, but he's been one-shotted by Bucky before,

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jojjimbo

Nightwing.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@progenitor

Taking scans out of context isn't a very nice thing to do.  That's after Crossbones fell out of a helicopter and his head smashed into a brick wall upon impact, fracturing his skull.  To top it off, that isn't even a "one-shot."

Also, my statements on the other page: 

They had 3 encounters in total.  The first one, they tackled each other from a helicopter.  They smashed through a billboard, and when they landed, Crossbones's head smashed into a brick/cement wall, suffering a fractured skull.  The second time Bucky one-shotted him, which I strongly disagree with.  The man takes hits from Rogers, so he's not getting one-shotted by Bucky's organic arm any time soon.  I'll accept it if it was an artist error and it was intended to be the (superhuman) bionic arm. 

Not like I've given reasons as to why Bucky's victory was clearly downplaying Crossbones or anything.  But I guess that makes sense.  Have even fights with Rogers, but lose easily to Bucky.  Totally logical, right?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By slimj87d
@progenitor: Yeah but remember Bucky has always fought Crossbones with his Mechanical arm. 

Also those are the scans I'm talking about where Bucky threw Corssbones into a brick wall falling like 2 or 3 stories. I'm sure that sign broke the fall quite a bit but not by much. Crossbones has a high amount of durability. With morals on Nightwing can't win this, he will have to fight to his full ability with hesitation.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By progenitorigin
@k4tzm4n said:
@progenitor

Taking scans out of context isn't a very nice thing to do.  Also, my statements on the other page: 

I'm actually pulling for Crossbones here.  I mean, I think that Nightwing would win, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want Crossbones to win, but is there any reason or feat to suggest that Nightwing couldn't do so? What about the built-in taser in his suit? Shouldn't that handily take care of Crossbones? Or the gadgets in his gauntlets and boots?
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By buttersdaman000
@SlimJ87D
Dicks also taken some nasty falls only to get up seconds later. I believe in issue 127 he fell out a 2 or 3 story window and landed on a car.
But anyways, once Dick realizes Crossbones has better durability than most it'd only open up more skill and techniques for him to use. He wouldnt have to hold back and he could utilize techniques he wouldnt use on an average person.
Nightwing would put the hurt on Crossbones
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@progenitor said:

@k4tzm4n said:
@progenitor

Taking scans out of context isn't a very nice thing to do.  Also, my statements on the other page: 

I'm actually pulling for Crossbones here.  I mean, I think that Nightwing would win, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want Crossbones to win, but is there any reason or feat to suggest that Nightwing couldn't do so? What about the built-in taser in his suit? Shouldn't that handily take care of Crossbones? Or the gadgets in his gauntlets and boots?

The built in taser tends to be a last resort, so I don't see him using it more than 1/10 matches, tbh.  It's not like Brock will put him in a bearhug and Grayson will use it to escape.  And Grayson's ONLY weaponry in this are his escrimas, and he has his grappling line. 

What has Crossbones done to imply he can give a good fight?  Regularly perform well against Steve Rogers (who is better than Nightwing), defeat Daredevil (if anything, the closest comparison to Grayson), take the edge over Bullseye, and assorted other showings.  His respect thread has most of his combat showings.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slimj87d
@buttersdaman000: This is Crossbones head being smashed into a brick wall. That is one of the most sensitive parts of a human body. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By progenitorigin
@k4tzm4n
I already mentioned the Daredevil and Bullseye feats, but hasn't Nightwing given Deathstroke a good fight, who's, if anything, in the same tier as Cap? And I think Bucky is also being seriously underrated if it's at al suggested he couldn't beat Crossbones.  After all of his training in the SAS, US, USSR, it's said he's an equal to Cap in fighting ability--so even without the technoprosthetic arm, I don't see why Bucky couldn't take Crossbones.  Of course, that's only if it's being implied here that he couldn't.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By progenitorigin
@SlimJ87D
That's true, I forgot that was the scan of that instance, you're right.  I've got all my scans mixed up, lol.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@progenitor
Not once have I stated Bucky shouldn't be able to beat Crossbones.  I've disputed the factors in which their encounters have happened and that Crossbones does in fact perform well against Bucky's superior. 

Grayson isn't in Slade's league, regardless of the Titans showing.  Unless of course we should also treat the showing with Killer Croc an issue earlier as legitimate, too....Which, well....We definitely shouldn't.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By slimj87d

The way this fight is set up, I say Crossbones takes it slightly. My final take. 

Strength: Crossbones slightly 
Durability: Crossbones 
Skill: Nightwing slightly 
Speed: About equal 
Agility: Greyson, but doesn't really matter. Not like they are fighting in a circus trapeze. 

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By buttersdaman000
@SlimJ87D
Actually I think the skull is one of the most durable parts of the human body, with the jaw bone being the most durable. 
But anyways, Nightwing has what it takes to beat Crossbones the majority of the time with or without morals. Just because he's fallen 2-3 stories and has had his head rammed into a brick wall does not mean Nightwing cant hurt him. 
And as I said before, his superior durability only allows for Nightwing to use more force
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By progenitorigin
@k4tzm4n said:
@progenitor: Not once have I stated Bucky shouldn't be able to beat Crossbones.  I've disputed the factors in which their encounters have happened and that Crossbones does in fact perform well against Bucky's superior.  Grayson isn't in Slade's league, regardless of the Titans showing.  Unless of course we should also treat the showing with Killer Croc an issue earlier as legitimate, too....Which, well....We definitely shouldn't.

Relax.  That's why I said "if implied."  You know, to be to honest, I would've gone with Jason Todd vs. Crossbones, but that's just me. ;P 

True.  We also can't forget his showing with Gorilla Grodd. ;P In a straight up H2H up close and personal fight, I think that Crossbones would win, however, if kept at a distance using agility and acrobatics, I think that Grayson could have a chance.