• 54 results
#1 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the better acrobat/gymnast?

#2 Posted by Dextersinister (6454 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, his build is better suited for it and he specializes in it so his muscle memory would be second only to an Olympic Athletes.

#3 Posted by sync1 (2984 posts) - - Show Bio

Hah. First of all, this isn't a battle. Second, NW is the best acrobat in his universe.

#4 Posted by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing win

#5 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not seeing Nightwing pulling a move that Cap couldn't replicate.

#6 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Cochise ,,,cap has superior strength that would allow him to do acrobatics beyond NW's IMO ,,,,dick might be highly agile but cap could push his body to levels beyond any normal human because the super soldier syrum,,,anything NW does should be easy for cap to replicate and with his added strength boost,,,might even be better, since he could jump higher and longer

#7 Posted by Tank. (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cochise said:

#8 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5213 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is far superior physically and easily can better anything Nitewing does.

#9 Posted by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Nightwing is the best acrobat in the DC Universe. Cap can not beat him in agility and speed.

#10 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Cap has similar feats though right?

#11 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5213 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alexander505 Cap can't beat Nitewing in speed an agility? You have to be kidding right? He would stomp Nitewing in any physical category. This isn't even close. Cap has the SS serum he's above Nitewing and pretty much low tier superhuman. You are sadly mistaken if you think Nitewing is more agile or faster than Cap.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17833 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is only slightly Bruce's superior in acrobatics due to his upbringing but Cap is already extremely agile, even at times when he was without the serum:

Moderator Online
#13 Posted by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing,He is the best acrobat in their universe.That's like saying cap is more acrobatic than spidermans acrobatics.Also,last time i checked it said cap was brought to peak human,not superhuman,like nightwing.So again,nightwing wins,their is nothing cap can do that nightwing cannot emulate.

#14 Edited by cameron83 (7623 posts) - - Show Bio

cap loses in my opinion,he just comes close.Well,not really,also being that nightwing is the only person on the planet who can do the quadruple somersault.AND cap doesn't really have any advantage,dick was able to beat Saiko,especially in acrobatics who was superior to him,so saying cap is this or that doesn't mean anything.

#15 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

NIGHTWING

@Cochise said:

@Bane_of_sith said:

I agree with Cochise ,,,cap has superior strength that would allow him to do acrobatics beyond NW's IMO ,,,,dick might be highly agile but cap could push his body to levels beyond any normal human because the super soldier syrum,,,anything NW does should be easy for cap to replicate and with his added strength boost,,,might even be better, since he could jump higher and longer

You guys ARE right, Captain America could possible replicate anything that Nightwing does.

@Deranged Midget said:

Nightwing is only slightly Bruce's superior in acrobatics due to his upbringing but Cap is already extremely agile, even at times when he was without the serum:

You have a point as well.

The problem comes down to whether Captain can display to be a better acrobat that Nightwing.

I say no, because Captain America isn't trained in that field, although he can be very fast and agile, he can't beat someone who's been an acrobat for more than 20 years of his life!

So there you go, Nightwing wins this.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17833 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n: Experience definitely is a factor but Cap has displayed feat that easily place him on Dick's level and possibly even surpasses him. He's demonstrated substantial skill even with the loss of the Super Solider serum.

Moderator Online
#17 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@MasterM0r0n: Experience definitely is a factor but Cap has displayed feat that easily place him on Dick's level and possibly even surpasses him. He's demonstrated substantial skill even with the loss of the Super Solider serum.

I acknowledge what you speak of but Captain America has only earned this substantial skill from his experience of military and war training, while Dick Grayson has done acrobatics for 20 plus years, see where I'm getting at?

#18 Posted by Deranged Midget (17833 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n: Yes, but Dick has strictly dedicated himself to acrobatics while Cap is experienced in various forms and doesn't limit himself to one such pattern.

Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing's style is limited to circus acrobatics whereas Cap has gathered plenty of styles of gymnastics and acrobatics over the years. Cap should just about take this.

#20 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Quantity of acrobat/gymnast styles isn't as big a factor as experience over just one IMO.

#21 Posted by MasterM0r0n (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@MasterM0r0n: Yes, but Dick has strictly dedicated himself to acrobatics while Cap is experienced in various forms and doesn't limit himself to one such pattern.

@Lvenger said:

Nightwing's style is limited to circus acrobatics whereas Cap has gathered plenty of styles of gymnastics and acrobatics over the years. Cap should just about take this.

You guys both have good points.

That IS true, when that Captain America uses different patterns, , but still, Captain hasn't devoted himself to the specific arts of acrobatics.

, he has only gained it through fighting, and he never actually spent hardc0r3 time on acrobatics.

Batman's fighting skills are also similar to that of Captain America's. When they fought in the cross-over, they brought out the same exact moves out on each other.

Alfred has claimed that Nightwing was much more airborne that Bruce Wayne, when Nightwing took the place of the Batman. Hence, Nightwing is more acrobatic.

This is a close one, but I give the slightest majority to Nightwing.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

#22 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n said:

, he has only gained it through fighting, and he never actually spent hardc0r3 time on acrobatics.

Batman's fighting skills are also similar to that of Captain America's. When they fought in the cross-over, they brought out the same exact moves out on each other.

Alfred has claimed that Nightwing was much more airborne that Bruce Wayne, when Nightwing took the place of the Batman. Hence, Nightwing is more acrobatic.

This is a close one, but I give the slightest majority to Nightwing.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

I'll let Deranged Midget answer his point but I'm afraid it's a false move to compare Cap and Batman's fighting styles. Company crossovers aren't canon so the Batman vs Cap sparring session isn't a legitimate feat of how a fight would go down. Otherwise Cap would've beaten Batman as he himself admitted and there are arguments for both sides as to who would win in this fight.

As for your second point, it's akin to saying "Alfred has claimed Nightwing is more airborne than Stephanie. Therefore Nightwing is more acrobatic than Captain America." It's faulty logic.

And finally the scans Deranged Midget provided you with demonstrate Cap's acrobatic skills extend beyond his use of them in combat. There are plenty of other scans of Cap pulling off incredible acrobatic feats. Far more incredible than Nightwing's. He clinches it just about.

#23 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: OMG..... Batman didn't say Cap WOULD beat Batman.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd: He said Cap could beat him after a really long fight.

#25 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6558 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap has absolutely superb feats in the acrobatics department. That and he is enhanced in every way (as others have stated) where Nightwing is not.

Not sure what Nightwing has done to top him ... they're on similar to same levels perhaps, but Nightwing 'way' better? Don't see it.

#26 Posted by Cochise (707 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like Nightwing has completely dedicated himself to JUST acrobatics either... He's taken time out to train as, y'know, a superhero. Also Nightwing's title of "DC's greatest acrobat" means nothing, since Cap isn't from DC. And even that title could be debated, there are contenders for it, like Mr. Miracle.

#27 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5213 posts) - - Show Bio

People need to read up on Cap. His acrobatics far outweigh anything Dick has ever done. Not to mention his superior physical stats. Someone brought up that Dick can run faster than Cap, only unless he can run at 50 mph(Cap can run a mile in 73 sec). Dick is still human an not physically even comparable to Bruce. Saying Nitewing is the best acrobat in DC is nothing compared to Marvel whose best is Spidey. Caps not on Spidey's level but he certainly is above Nitewings level.

#28 Posted by RedRobinTimDrake (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, this isn't a fight, nor a competition. Lol. Nightwing is known for acrobatics, Cap. Not so much.

#29 Posted by Deranged Midget (17833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd: Yes I know, but Cap has demonstrated acrobatic feats that would give Daredevil or Spider-Man a run for their money. He's no slouch.

Moderator Online
#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17833 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterM0r0n: Perhaps he hasn't, but with the apparent "limited" amount of acrobatics he's performed, they've been far more impressive than what Dick has performed. The single scan alone during Civil War when he's falling through the air deflecting tranquillizer shots from multiple angles is a credible enough feat to put him on or even above Dick's level.

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Tank. (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dick is so much better as some people seem to believe, where are the scans to back this?

I can jump on my other account and track down my scans again to show how skilled Cap is. There is NO way Dick is better.

#32 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tank.: The scans are called comics. Read them. Cap is a great fighter I will not lie, but when it comes to Acrobatics Nightwing. I seriously don't see how this is a debate. It is like debating over who is better at using a Shield, Cap or Nightwing.

#33 Posted by Tank. (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DickGrayson: All I read there was opinion and saw no facts. No proof.

#34 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tank.: The facts are in the Comics. There is your proof. Like I said, "Read them".

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5213 posts) - - Show Bio

@DickGrayson I think you are a little biased based on your name. If we are going by feats in comics, Cap is far more impressive with acrobatics not to mention he's an amazing gymnast.

#36 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tank. said:

I can jump on my other account and track down my scans again to show how skilled Cap is. There is NO way Dick is better.

Done and that was just a quick browse through.

@DickGrayson:

#37 Posted by DickGrayson (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Andy Steven Summers: And Nighwing can't do those things? I have a whole stack of Nightwing comics, new 52, and some old. I also have many comics featuring Captain America. You found some pics, cool, but I still know that Nightwing is a better acrobat. I'd have to take my phone and take pictures of some of the pages where he is doing acrobatics. Because I cannot find a single photo of Nightwing doing Acrobats on this site.

#38 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#39 Posted by Tank. (2065 posts) - - Show Bio

@DickGrayson said:

And Nighwing can't do those things?

Did I ever say this? No. I'll quote my statement once more.

@Tank. said:

There is NO way Dick is better.

Bold and underlined the important word.

You and others have stated he is better. Show me the proof. All you do is remark read comics as if I've never picked one up. Perhaps it is you who should read up on Cap and his feats. Because I am well aware of Nightwings accomplishments and he has nothing to make him BETTER at acrobatics. Can they match one another? Surely so, but when push comes to shove Caps showings are still superior.

#40 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap can run faster,jump higher and greater distances,,,affording him the ability o do acrobatics beyond that of dick,,to those if you saying dick is faster?? You really need to brush up on your captain America,,,he has leg strength to push his body further than dick ever could,,thankfully some good cap scans were posted as I can not post scans from my iPad ,,scroll up and look at Andy Steven summers scans

#41 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@DickGrayson said:

@Andy Steven Summers: And Nighwing can't do those things? I have a whole stack of Nightwing comics, new 52, and some old. I also have many comics featuring Captain America. You found some pics, cool, but I still know that Nightwing is a better acrobat. I'd have to take my phone and take pictures of some of the pages where he is doing acrobatics. Because I cannot find a single photo of Nightwing doing Acrobats on this site.

So you know eh? Then where's your proof? Scans for Cap have been provided and you'll need to do likewise for Nightwing to show he's a better acrobat.

#42 Posted by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing still win

#43 Edited by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger:

Couldn't get the one where he quickly climbs the Eiffel Tower for some reason though.

#44 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know whats going on I posted six screens atleast.

#45 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

I don't know whats going on I posted six screens atleast.

I've checked the 3 pages of this battle thread and I can't see you posting any scans aside from one just now.

#46 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

Captain America is peak human in strength and stats. He is not superhuman at all. He also has a much larger, bulkier build that Nightwing. Acrobatics does have some to do with how strong you are, but you need a lean build with lean muscles. Cap is too bulky for acrobatics.

#47 Edited by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

http://nightwingfeats.blogspot.it/p/agilityspeed.html

Dick is the best.

#48 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

Nightwing,He is the best acrobat in their universe.That's like saying cap is more acrobatic than spidermans acrobatics.Also,last time i checked it said cap was brought to peak human,not superhuman,like nightwing.So again,nightwing wins,their is nothing cap can do that nightwing cannot emulate.

No, it's not like saying that, because Nightwing isn't nearly as acrobatic as Spider-Man. Spider-Man's agility is superhuman, Nightwing's is peak human, just as Cap's is. However, Cap has much greater physical strength, meaning he could push himself with more force into higher and longer leaps.

#49 Posted by Om4zd (928 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger: I mean't in that one post with the one picture I had uploaded atleast 6 but just that one is there.

#50 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bane_of_sith said:

strengh has close to nothing to do with acrobatics(barely 15%). Marius budzia, the stronget man in the world can't stand on one hand, while an 12 year old break dancer can back-flip, and spinorony. Oh, and cap is only peak human(in VS slang) but has a very powerful and hax plot armor.

@Om4zd: tell me more about caps longer experience in acrobatics than NW.