• 184 results
#101 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger:

1) I mean, there's really no redeeming that showing, haha.

2) No denying that. Catman certainly is more popular now, but this was in regards to your comment that he's much better now. I assumed you meant as a combatant, not as a character.

3) Excellent.

1.Really?Do you read any Tim Drake actually?

2.Of course I meant as a combatant.What else?

3.:)

1) What kind of argument is that? I'm talking about vs Catman. You're stretching (he's holding back, he's fleeing!) to make it seem positive for Drake, but at the end of the day he was intimidated by Catman and got owned (if you posted the scans before that you'd see his internal dialogue state that).

2) Well, in that case, your statement is wrong. PIS vs crazy villains aside, classic Catman gave Wayne good fights. That beats "style is for idiots" and getting a cheap bite to the throat in my book.

Staff
#102 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, Do you people have any idea what seeing this thread does to me as a Nightwing fan. LET THIS SH*T DIE.

#103 Posted by Erik (29813 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane:

Whoops! I did not see that Bane had access to Venom. But Nightwing might have sonics.

#104 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@CitizenBane:

Whoops! I did not see that Bane had access to Venom. But Nightwing might have sonics.

LMFAO.

Staff
#105 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger: That's false, Tim was not holding back. He stated no such thing and even said earlier on the page that Catman is at the top of the list of people he wouldn't want to fight.

Dude,Tim Drake always holds back.Deadpool during the Civil War stated he wouldnt want to face Captain America.When they battled,Deadpool won.

Yeah, I know he holds back but he nearly got killed. I don't think him cutting loose would've changed that. And this is Tim Drake talking about Catman, not Deadpool about Captain America. When Tim and Catman battled, he lost, so it isn't the same.

Tim didnt lose.Blake fled from that battle.If Tim Drake was going all out he could just use as I mentioned above the Leopard Blow and finish him.

#106 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger: Tim didn't lose, but he was losing.

And again, morals apply so there's no point behind saying he'll use a tactic that he never uses.

Staff
#107 Edited by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

Tim didnt lose.Blake fled from that battle.If Tim Drake was going all out he could just use as I mentioned above the Leopard Blow and finish him.

I want you to think about that for a minute, if he didn't lose why was he so banged up and Catman hadn't even broken a sweat? Having the leopard blow doesn't mean he can beat someone who is a better fighter than him. It would be different if Catman had only gained the upper hand for a short moment before taking off, but it wasn't like that at all. Anyway, this is Bane vs Nightwing not Tim vs Catman.

#108 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1639 posts) - - Show Bio

@stu: That's a good one! I think you're right.

#109 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09: LOL.

Staff
#110 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

I want you to think about that for a minute, if he didn't lose why was he so banged up and Catman hadn't even broken a sweat? Having the leopard blow doesn't mean he can beat someone who is a better fighter than him. It would be different if Catman had only gained the upper hand for a short moment before taking off, but it wasn't like that at all. Anyway, this is Bane vs Nightwing not Tim vs Catman.

Correct,we have missed the main objective of the thread.

Anyway I believe current Nightwing would defeat Bane.

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger:

2) No denying that. Catman certainly is more popular now, but this was in regards to your comment that he's much better now. I assumed you meant as a combatant, not as a character.

3) Excellent.

1) What kind of argument is that? I'm talking about vs Catman. You're stretching (he's holding back, he's fleeing!) to make it seem positive for Drake, but at the end of the day he was intimidated by Catman and got owned (if you posted the scans before that you'd see his internal dialogue state that).

2) Well, in that case, your statement is wrong. PIS vs crazy villains aside, classic Catman gave Wayne good fights. That beats "style is for idiots" and getting a cheap bite to the throat in my book.

1)It was trully a bad showing for Tim Drake and Catman had the upper hand.Well I dont see where Tim Drake gets owned.I only see Catman escapimg.

2)Wow man,Catman has improved a lot since then.He gave Bronze Tiger a run for his money and he gave a good fight to Batman.Catman isnt the same he was in 80s.

#111 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#112 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

citizen

Bane.

#113 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger: I disagree on both accounts. (apologies for formatting, using internet explorer) 1) Everyone can see Catman had the upperhand the whole time. He lands all the hits, and pins Drake via his cape to leave. He didn't need to "escape" Drake. Catman looks fine after the encounter. Drake? Far from it. 2) If by "gave Bronze Tiger a run for his money," you mean "Bronze Tiger flatout admitted Catman got lucky because he underestimated him, owned Blake, then Blake only posed a challenge with a bite to the neck and not hand-to-hand... then yeah, I'll agree with that. Regardless of how much Gail admries Catman, she made it more than transparent that Bronze Tiger was his superior by a longshot and Blake required a dirty tactic with a side of luck to hope to even stalemate. And he had a sparring match with Wayne where Batman wasn't even giving it his all and in the end implied he could definitely end it. Not to mention that's completely disregarding the FACT that I stated OLD Catman has ALREADY given Batman good fights. The only thing that's changed about Catman is he's now actually appealing to fans instead of a cheesy, themed villain.

Staff
#114 Posted by K1NG_D1P9Y (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane would crush him!!

#115 Posted by cascadeking09 (6731 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger said:

Correct,we have missed the main objective of the thread.

Anyway I believe current Nightwing would defeat Bane.

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger:

3) Excellent.

1)It was trully a bad showing for Tim Drake and Catman had the upper hand.Well I dont see where Tim Drake gets owned.I only see Catman escapimg.

2)Wow man,Catman has improved a lot since then.He gave Bronze Tiger a run for his money and he gave a good fight to Batman.Catman isnt the same he was in 80s.

Well it seems like you aren't really finished talking about it so you can take it to the thread that's for that.

#116 Posted by Theantichris (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the fight would be going bad for Dick, but then late in the battle ol' Killer Croc would come to settle a few Knightfall saga issues with Bane. :) lol

#117 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

@Theantichris said:

I think the fight would be going bad for Dick, but then late in the battle ol' Killer Croc would come to settle a few Knightfall saga issues with Bane. :) lol

You could tie both Bane's hands behind his back and put a bullet in one knee, and Croc would still lose. When's the last time he actually won a fight?

#118 Posted by ComicStooge (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane wins for reasons already stated, but it would be a pretty awesome fight to watch.

#119 Posted by entropy_aegis (13611 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Poor Croc.

#120 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Good point. Poor old Jobber - sorry? Oh right, I meant Killer - Croc.

#121 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Erik: You're positively terrible.

You do not understand. He broke Bane's back so hard, Bane's belt even broke..... From the front! The kind of powah one would need for the force to travel through a body and out the front is only in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon type movies.

Pfft, please.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47254/1306168-bane_on_venom_super.png

QFT.

#122 Posted by Park (2961 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane wins in a sewer with venom, he could just collapse the whole sewer on top of them, hes fine Dick's dead

#123 Posted by SavageDragon (2165 posts) - - Show Bio

If it was anyplace else i would say an older more Mature Nightwing would win. Hes so boss, I mean he is the best after Bruce better than Tim, or Jason, Batgirl, Huntress anybody in the Bat Family except Bruce. But in the sewer his agility is negated and Banes strength advantaged increased in close range. With prep Bane wins under the given circumstances.

#124 Posted by Saren (24320 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Bane.

And Dick's not better than Cass.

#125 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

If it was anyplace else i would say an older more Mature Nightwing would win. Hes so boss, I mean he is the best after Bruce better than Tim, or Jason, Batgirl, Huntress anybody in the Bat Family except Bruce. But in the sewer his agility is negated and Banes strength advantaged increased in close range. With prep Bane wins under the given circumstances.

#126 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@SavageDragon said:

#127 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane for the hat trick.

#128 Posted by Redmonkeyssj4 (539 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane for one reason....

HE BROKE TEH BAT!

#129 Posted by dondave (26660 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#130 Posted by XiiX (4789 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane makes with the breaking, etc.

#131 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: Training itself means Nightwing's refined his skills over time. He's not a video game character missing an upgrade.

#132 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

Well this thread is pointless now.

#133 Posted by batnorris (674 posts) - - Show Bio

I say nightwing. He's hardworking, very agile, and was trained by the- ahh screw it I'm biased -_-

#134 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Completely off topic, but going through the scans in this thread, I can't help but think, how bad would it suck being a cop in Gotham? Be as bad as being the random "red" shirt dude on the away team in classic Star Trek.

Lol.

#135 Posted by imbatman1234565 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane would kill Nightwing. Dick is not nearly as formidable as Bruce, so Bane would easily defeat Nightwing, venom or not.

"I don't need venom to kill an insect like you, I AM BANE!"- Bane to Killer Croc in Detective Comics #660.

#136 Posted by Theorder14 (1143 posts) - - Show Bio

@imbatman1234565: Just you wait when Forever evil comes. Nightwing will be broken but he will rise up again with new skills.

#137 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing's speed slightly exceeds batman, PLUS he was trained by Batman himself, i don't see why he cannot take this..... Bane isn't that tough after all, he only broke batman because batman was all messed up after fighting tons of guys, I have even seen an occasion where batman one shotted him.......

#138 Posted by hulkbuster94 (434 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry but Rorschach beats them both kickass could win this in his sleep

#139 Posted by MonsterStomp (13143 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#140 Posted by Wolverine08 (26538 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Bane beat Nightwing before?

#141 Posted by BigCimmerian (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane destroys him.

#142 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Bane beat Nightwing before?

Twice.

#143 Edited by Wolverine08 (26538 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Thanks. Got scans or issue references? Could be useful for me in the future.

#144 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15755 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry but Rorschach beats them both kickass could win this in his sleep

How does that apply to this thread at all?

#145 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Posted by Wolverine08 (26538 posts) - - Show Bio
#147 Posted by leonkarlen123 (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane with what venom?. He wins eitherway. Nightwing is just a human with 2 sticks and a little acrobat skills. Bane got venom to make him lift tons. Cars and buses he don't struggle with -

#148 Posted by BigCimmerian (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane with what venom?. He wins eitherway. Nightwing is just a human with 2 sticks and a little acrobat skills. Bane got venom to make him lift tons. Cars and buses he don't struggle with -

Bane destroys him yes. But Richard Grayson is far from just a human with 2 sticks and a little acrobat skills lol.

#149 Edited by Shockwiz (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane, he broke Batman so it would be even easier with Nightwing.

#150 Edited by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

@shockwiz said:

Bane, he broke Batman so it would be even easier with Nightwing.

I agree with your verdict, but Bane breaking Batman doesn't really apply to a random encounter. Bane broke Batman afterr completely exhausting him in a gauntlet and catching him off-guard -- it's not like Bane beat Batman in a fair fight. Not trying to be rude or anything, but I can't help but chime in when I see people use the "he broke the bat!" reason for a random encounterr.

Staff