Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Rolandthunder25

@Morpheus_ said:

@Rolandthunder25 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Nightwing isn't on par with Batman. Not even close.

That is a matter of opinion...which is probably why the argument itself is pretty old...

I can just as easily say Nightwing is on par with Galactus and that will also be a matter of opinion. It wouldn't change the fact that both opinions would be erroneous.

Now you're just being silly....their is a reason why Dick was the successor after Bruce left and many other heroes and villains have given him his due for picking up where Bruce left off, including Bane...needless to say many would agree and could argue that he has shown to be Bruce's equal in many ways (both having qualities the other lacks).

Dick has always represented the best physical attributes of all of those who have carried the mantel of Robin, more recently perfecting it as Nightwing...

Tim was always the best detective...

Jason was his thirst for justice and vengeance...

So yes it is quite understandable that one could argue that he has shown throughout his career to grow into the physical equal of Bruce...

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Rolandthunder25: You type too much to say very little that have nothing to do with the battle at hand or the comparison between Nightwing and Batman. So, I ask, who is being silly?

Avatar image for rolandthunder25
Rolandthunder25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Rolandthunder25

@Morpheus_ said:

@Rolandthunder25: You type too much to say very little that have nothing to do with the battle at hand or the comparison between Nightwing and Batman. So, I ask, who is being silly?

Sorry I "type too much" but I actually like to make a point instead of naming random intergalactic gods...which is of course completely on topic...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By ReVamp

NIGHTWING WINS. MY FANBOYISM WON'T ALLOW ANY OTHER OUTCOME. ALL HAIL NIGHTWING'S VERY OWN UNITED ASSOCIATION OF NIGHTBIRDS.

@Morpheus_ said:

Nightwing isn't on par with Batman. Not even close.

I agree with the first part. Don't think I agree with the second, I think Grayson could give him a fight. Then again, the statement above probably doesn't add value or impact to my statement...

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Rolandthunder25 said:

@Morpheus_ said:

Sorry I "type too much" but I actually like to make a point

You seem to like making points that are irrelevant to the discussion and several of your supposed points along with the conclusion are incorrect to begin with.

instead of naming random intergalactic gods...which is of course completely on topic...

The use of a paradigm was to illustrate opinions can very well be wrong. Galactus does not factor into it, nor was I off topic in any way.

Now, if you have an actual argument to support Dick Grayson as being on par with Batman, please present it.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

I think Grayson could give him a fight.

He already tried and failed.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Erik

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

It was twice that he tried and failed, yes?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

When? We're talking post-Batman era Grayson, yes?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Erik said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

It was twice that he tried and failed, yes?

I only recall of the instance in Batman # 600, but it is possible that my memory fails me and they have fought on some other occasion, as well.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Erik

@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I do not see how donning the cape made Dick better..... Unless THAT is where that nasty bat-factor has been hiding. ;p

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

Post Batman era Grayson hasn't received any additional training in comparison to pre-Batman era Grayson to make him superior to his former self in anything but maturity and experience.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ReVamp

@Erik said:

@ReVamp said:

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

I do not see how donning the cape made Dick better..... Unless THAT is where that nasty bat-factor has been hiding. ;p

Lol.

Well, since I don't know which instances you guys are talking about, I just want to make sure we're not talking about him when he was in crutches or was wearing Bat-speedos.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp said:

Well, since I don't know which instances you guys are talking about, I just want to make sure we're not talking about him when he was in crutches or was wearing Bat-speedos.

The fight occurred roughly 20 years (in real time, of course) after he became Nightwing.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp said:

The fight occurred roughly 20 years (in real time, of course) after he became Nightwing.

Runs Away Crying.

Morph, you ruined my dreams! :'(

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp: For what it's worth, I think Nightwing should have performed better in their fight, too.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jojjimbo

@Morpheus_ said:

Bane wins for the simple reason that they fought twice, and he already beat Dick in both encounters. And in close quarters, where Nightwing cannot properly utilize his trademark agility, the disadvantage is all the more grave.

QFT.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@ReVamp: For what it's worth, I think Nightwing should have performed better in their fight, too.

Pffff. Typical Wife beater attitude, first they hit you hard enough to bleed, then them mofoes say dey love you.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Final Arrow

@Morpheus_: @Erik: It annoys me that Grayson can hang with Deathstroke one moment, get owned by Bane the next, then kick the snot out of some of the League of Assassins it makes no sense. He is almost as bad as Jason todd...:p

Xtremeperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Xtremeperson

Bane is stronger, is an adept fighter, and has the smarts to take Nightwing out.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Final Arrow said:

@Morpheus_: @Erik: It annoys me that Grayson can hang with Deathstroke one moment, get owned by Bane the next, then kick the snot out of some of the League of Assassins it makes no sense. He is almost as bad as Jason todd...:p

Same here, I had this discussion with ReVamp a little while ago.

LOL, Jason is an odd case.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By Final Arrow

@Morpheus_: It's how people get the idea that Grayson is able to hang with Batrman, the fact is he is the greatest Robin (in my eyes) but he is no Batman and I just don't think he will ever have the mentality to be at that level Bane takes this fight in my eyes, just wanted to agree with you and Erik

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By BatWatch

Bane wins in close quarters, no contest. If it were a situation where Dick had room for maneuverability, then I think Nightwing would edge out Bane in terms of his superior agility and skill. Also, though I love Tim, he would be utterly screwed without prep time in any situation against Bane. Tim's never been the greatest of fighters.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@PsychoKnights: What have we seen to prove Grayson is indeed more skilled than Bane?

@Final Arrow: @Morpheus_: @Erik: I love when people cite Grayson in the cowl taking on Deathstroke in Titans, but then totally disregard all of the other nonsense that took place in that book. The "if it favors my opinion, it's fine" mentality is such crap.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By entropy_aegis

I like to think that writers used Nightwing as a stepping stone to make Batman look better,either directly(Fugitive) or indirectly(Bane,Shiva,etc).Even Dixon is guilty of this,hopefully this trend will not continue.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@entropy_aegis said:

I like to think that writers used Nightwing as a stepping stone to make Batman look better,either directly(Fugitive) or indirectly(Bane,Shiva,etc).Even Dixon is guilty of this,hopefully this trend will not continue.

With Shiva, it's more so a case of Dixon making Connor look better rather than Batman.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ReVamp

Fugitive fight was BS. I don't even regard it as a fight. Even so, Nightwing vs Slade was totaly BS too (in titans)

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#77  Edited By BatWatch

@k4tzm4n: Grayson consistently targets his enemies weaknesses and strikes with effortless precision while using their environment against them. Bane might be a genius, but I've never seen him display anything more than brute force when it comes to fisticuffs.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By entropy_aegis

@PsychoKnights said:

@k4tzm4n: Grayson consistently targets his enemies weaknesses and strikes with effortless precision while using their environment against them. Bane might be a genius, but I've never seen him display anything more than brute force when it comes to fisticuffs.

Um he goes after the throat,ribs,head etc.Not to mention if he catches you,then whatever he's holding(arm,leg,neck etc) is gonna be snapped or ripped right off.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@PsychoKnights said:

It sounds like your Bane reading is limited to Secret Six because he's very skilled and far from using just "brute force" in fights.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

I don't think one can make a convincing case for Bane being more skilled than Nightwing purely on technical proficiency alone. Bane is definitely skilled, but what styles is he supposed to have mastered? Who did he train with, and for how long? There simply is no answer to those questions because we simply do not know. He's a brutally effective combatant but his inhuman strength, durability and even speed (particularly for his size) are just as great advantages as his skill. With Nightwing it's much easier to verify and prove.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ReVamp

@entropy_aegis: Been meaning to ask you, what did you think of Bane in Secret Six, as a Bane fan? What's the general consensus?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By entropy_aegis

@ReVamp said:

@entropy_aegis: Been meaning to ask you, what did you think of Bane in Secret Six, as a Bane fan? What's the general consensus?

I liked it,Simone really got his personality and physical ability.My biggest complaint was/is that Catman/Bronze Tiger fight.It should have been Bane vs Bronze Tiger,Blake is'nt in that weight class.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Stronger

@k4tzm4n:I personally think post Battle for the Cowl Nightwing can defeat Bane.I mean this guy goes toe to toe with Deathstroke.I put my money on him.

@k4tzm4n said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

@BigCimmerian: @Phaedrusgr:

I think Nightwing and even Tim Drake(versions after the Battle For tthe Cowl story arc.) can take him.

Bane would defeat classic versions though.

You think Tim Drake could beat Bane? LOL

-_-

Unamused face is unamused.

And for the record (Stronger), Bane embarrassed classic Drake. He'd wreck current, too.

@(((Prodigy))): Classic Tim Drake is very different from current Tim Drake.

Current Tim Drake was taught from Lady Shiva and he is at least at top 20 of DC.

Tim also knows the leopard blow.I think only that is enough to win.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#84  Edited By Saren

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n:I personally think post Battle for the Cowl Nightwing can defeat Bane.I mean this guy goes toe to toe with Deathstroke.I put my money on him.

@k4tzm4n said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

I think Nightwing and even Tim Drake(versions after the Battle For tthe Cowl story arc.) can take him.

-_-

And for the record (Stronger), Bane embarrassed classic Drake. He'd wreck current, too.

Current Tim Drake was taught from Lady Shiva and he is at least at top 20 of DC.

Current Tim was humiliated by Catman, and he's nowhere near the top 20 of DC. Batman also knows the leopard blow, doesn't mean he uses it. When has Tim ever used it?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

-_-

Grayson can't take down Slade. If you're going to use the example in Titans, then I guess let's take into account how Roy had a stalemate with him and Killer Croc could hang with a cosmic level character. Fun book, but it's popcorn entertainment. Nothing more.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Stronger
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Is this what you call humiliation???

I see Blake trying to escape and a holding back Tim Drake trying to follow him.

Not to mention that current Catman is way better than the classic one.

Batman and Tim do not use the Leopard Blow only because their moral code wont allow them to kill.

If Tim wanted to kill ,for example Catman,he would have done it

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Stronger:

Catman had no desire to deal with him and left to do his job. There's no evidence Tim held back more than his usual morals apply and furthermore, Catman landed all the hits. It's a bad showing for Drake.

Not true. Classic Catman had quite a few good back-and-forths with Batman. Morph can drop tons of scans to prove that if asked.

Batman and Tim do not use the Leopard Blow only because their moral code wont allow them to kill.

Then what's the point of bringing it up in a match where morals apply? That's like saying "Cyclops takes off his visor" when we know he's not going to in the match. Follow the rules, sonny!

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Stronger

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Stronger said:

-_-

Grayson can't take down Slade. If you're going to use the example in Titans, then I guess let's take into account how Roy had a stalemate with him and Killer Croc could hang with a cosmic level character. Fun book, but it's popcorn entertainment. Nothing more.

I never said Nightwing can beat Deathstroke.I just said that he always gives him good fights.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Stronger: I'd say "good" is a matter of opinion, seeing as their fights have fluctuated to infinity and beyond. Regardless, it was always obvious who the superior was.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cascadeking09

@Stronger: That's false, Tim was not holding back. He stated no such thing and even said earlier on the page that Catman is at the top of the list of people he wouldn't want to fight.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Erik

Bane.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Stronger

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger:

Catman had no desire to deal with him and left to do his job. There's no evidence Tim held back more than his usual morals apply and furthermore, Catman landed all the hits. It's a bad showing for Drake.

Not true. Classic Catman had quite a few good back-and-forths with Batman. Morph can drop tons of scans to prove that if asked.

Then what's the point of bringing it up in a match where morals apply? That's like saying "Cyclops takes off his visor" when we know he's not going to in the match. Follow the rules, sonny!

1.True,its a bad showing for Drake,but he has proven he is better than this.

Even Spider-man has bad showings with characters way weaker than him.

2.Classic Catman was a minor Batman villain and a D-lister.

3.Ok then

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Stronger:

1) I mean, there's really no redeeming that showing, haha.

2) No denying that. Catman certainly is more popular now, but this was in regards to your comment that he's much better now. I assumed you meant as a combatant, not as a character.

3) Excellent.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Erik

@Stronger said:

No Caption Provided

I think Bane can a younger version of Nightwing,but current Nightwing defeats him.

:O

Never mind. Nightwing stomps his @$$

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Stronger

@cascadeking09 said:

@Stronger: That's false, Tim was not holding back. He stated no such thing and even said earlier on the page that Catman is at the top of the list of people he wouldn't want to fight.

Dude,Tim Drake always holds back.Deadpool during the Civil War stated he wouldnt want to face Captain America.When they battled,Deadpool won.

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger: I'd say "good" is a matter of opinion, seeing as their fights have fluctuated to infinity and beyond. Regardless, it was always obvious who the superior was.

Obviously Slade always had the upper hand,but I recall Nightwing giving him a run for his money.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Erik: You're positively terrible.

Just for the people who are too lazy to look at previous pages, that's a training simulation of Bane who used firearms like an idiot.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Stronger

@k4tzm4n said:

@Stronger:

1) I mean, there's really no redeeming that showing, haha.

2) No denying that. Catman certainly is more popular now, but this was in regards to your comment that he's much better now. I assumed you meant as a combatant, not as a character.

3) Excellent.

1.Really?Do you read any Tim Drake actually?

2.Of course I meant as a combatant.What else?

3.:)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Erik

@k4tzm4n said:

You do not understand. He broke Bane's back so hard, Bane's belt even broke..... From the front! The kind of powah one would need for the force to travel through a body and out the front is only in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon type movies.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By cascadeking09

@Stronger said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Dude,Tim Drake always holds back.Deadpool during the Civil War stated he wouldnt want to face Captain America.When they battled,Deadpool won.

Yeah, I know he holds back but he nearly got killed. I don't think him cutting loose would've changed that. And this is Tim Drake talking about Catman, not Deadpool about Captain America. When Tim and Catman battled, he lost, so it isn't the same.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#100  Edited By Saren

@Erik said:

@k4tzm4n said:

You do not understand. He broke Bane's back so hard, Bane's belt even broke..... From the front! The kind of powah one would need for the force to travel through a body and out the front is only in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon type movies.

Pfft, please.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47254/1306168-bane_on_venom_super.png