• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

vs

Nightwing

Circumstance

• Nightwing: Normal Equipment, Morals On.
  • Bane: Venom, Morals Off.
  • This theoretical battle happens in current timeline
  • New 52 and Pre-Flashpoint feats are premitted.

Note: This has been done. What sets this one different is how it would happen as they both stand as of right now. Meaning just cause Bane wins in the past doesn't mean you can't say he won in the past and that be end of the debate.

#2 Posted by nickthedevil (12368 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing

#3 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still in for Bane.

#4 Posted by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Bane on this one. Brute force with high intelligence will always win against gadgets and acrobatics in my opinion.

#5 Posted by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

It been on my mind for a while. While I know Bane in the past has beaten Batman and Nightwing(Hilariously, I might add), He has been able to put up fights with the likes of Deathstroke(Titans series & his own series), Ra's Al Ghul(In his Series), and Cheshire(During his time in the Teen Titans) in the past. And I guess he put up an okay fight with Lady Shiva(New 52, though he was injured so......i don't know how to rate his progress) so could it be possible for him to pull a win? That's my question.

#6 Edited by JayAaerow (452 posts) - - Show Bio

To some, I want to point out that some of yall need to stop getting on others who side with Nightwing. While I understand you think Bane stomps, Don't get on others who think Nightwing is skilled enough to pull a win. Do not forget that the 1st Talons Nightwing fought were indeed more skilled and he ends up beating it. however, he caught by surprise by the daggers and fought Round 2 with the William Cobb(Same on that plagued Bruce earlier). And notice how he beat one with Skill and another with the use of intellect(And this one he started out with a major disadvantage, already impaled by daggers from Cobb, who gave Bruce

And plus, Nightwing has taken on worse and came out fine. The most notable is Deathstroke.

He also went against Chesire in the past and stalemated her, escaping only because Roy Harper intervened and she poisoned him. Cheshire has beaten Deathstroke(So i've heard)

Not to mention he put up a...er.... decent fight(?) with Lady Shiva, despite being outclassed. Even Lady Shiva is somewhat impressed(Though he was recovering from Injuries from Saiko and William Cobb)

Some characters I mentioned above are above Bane(Another Fourm had a Bane vs Deathstroke where most agreed DS wins and Chesire is above Deathstroke, as she has beaten him). We all know Shiva is and Chesire is also(She was commented by Black Canary to be 2nd Deadliest Assassin, #1 being to Shiva) and just about all characters, Batman could put up a fight and win(Shiva and Deathstroke barely and Chesire...i'd say he win though it be a good fight)

IMO, this battle isn't a stomp because of Bane's durability and strength. Nightwing has beaten many opponenets who were actually superhuman and not due to venom. He also has amazing strength, though its not greater than Batman's

And also has taken down Metas such as Hardshell, who has both superhuman strength and durability. Though it's important to note that they're not nearly on Bane's level. This just shows that he is able to injure those who have capabilities similar to Bane and outshine them.(This isn't the first meta he fights with Superhuman strength and durability.)

And many forget: Nightwing is 2nd to Batman in Fighting ability and none of us have never seen a Serious Nightwing vs Serious Batman fight. Mostly its Nightwing mouthing off and then gets disciplined(Hilarious I will add) but he seems to be a prodigy, as he is second to Batman in 5 years(according to New 52 now). He is, in no way, a slouch. He put up a decent fight with Bruce's clone that was dipped in the Laxarus Pit(Note the clone has his fighting abilties, superhuman physical strength cause to the Laxrus Pitt, and insane from the Pitt)

My point being is this: I understand how you guys think Bane wins. I get it! Trust me! I even agree with many comments. But don't get mad or get offensive when someone think he can pull a win at least. Based on the past and now, could he pull a win? Just wanted to get other's input. And trust me, you guys put up some really good points that I, myslef, wasnt aware of. However, You don't need to get mad just because someone thinks one way and you disagree. Ask them why. This is a debate. Use facts to back up what you say and if you disagree, be reasonable and not go to insult others. Opinions are opinons, but they can be chang

#7 Posted by dondave (37259 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#8 Posted by logy5000 (5760 posts) - - Show Bio

For now I'll say Bane.

#9 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

What makes Nightwing so different now that would give him a better chance in beating Bane?

#10 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

I’d say Bane wins 6 out of 10.

For the reason that Bane is completely blood lusted with venom and Dick isn’t going to try to kill him since his morals are on.

Zijuun.

#11 Edited by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane wins about 8 out of 10 times

#12 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5453 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#13 Posted by nickthedevil (12368 posts) - - Show Bio

Although it was a simulation, the last time Nightwing "fought bane", Nightwing actually managed to pick up Bane, and break his spine across his knee...

Batman would later go on to say how his simulator is pretty much 100% accurate.

(Was it Batman? Or Cyborg? I can't remember).

#14 Posted by Immortal777 (7560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused what has changed for these two besides Banes venom being more powerful. Wasn't Batman losing to Bane in the new 52 haven't read the issue myself just saw scans here and there?

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (13165 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane

#16 Posted by CHUCKY47 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

B A N E

#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused what has changed for these two besides Banes venom being more powerful. Wasn't Batman losing to Bane in the new 52 haven't read the issue myself just saw scans here and there?

Yup it's a ridiculous stomp in Bane's favor.

Although it was a simulation, the last time Nightwing "fought bane", Nightwing actually managed to pick up Bane, and break his spine across his knee...

Batman would later go on to say how his simulator is pretty much 100% accurate.

(Was it Batman? Or Cyborg? I can't remember).

There was nothing accurate about the simulation.

#18 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is pre flashpoint, Bane beats him handily.

Post flashpoint? Good lord, Dick gets ripped limb-from-limb.

#19 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane stomps.

#20 Edited by DWrathborne (308 posts) - - Show Bio

I pretty much agree with this scan, taken from the Bane one-shot comic set on board the floating nuclear reactor (sans venom, btw).

I like Nightwing more than a lot of DC's finest, but Bane takes him 8/10.

#21 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane is on venom....................mismatch

#22 Edited by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Morals off for Bane

and than Nightwing returns the favor

#23 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: Yes we know that you're stupid,no need it prove it.

#24 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman: Why even bother? Surely you couldn't have posted that without knowing it would involve no effort at all for anyone halfway competent to refute them and mock you for posting it in the first place. Did the thought that someone might point you out as ignorant simply not matter to you?

#26 Edited by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

@entropy_aegis: such a well thought out argument

Better than posting a scan of Nightwing beating a simulation Bane and pretending its legit even though he was humiliated not once, but twice, by the real Bane. Or should I post scans of new 52 Bane crushing Nightwing's mentor instead? Aka the man Nightwing couldn't even land a single blow on?

You don't like Bane, I get that. But there's no need to pretend that anything you post has the slightest semblance of logic. No one buys it anyway, and thinking that they might is really just an insult to sentient life everywhere.

Anyway, flagged thread because there's really no reason Bane wouldn't win 10/10.

#27 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: context is for the weak. homie.

Didn't bother to state why Nightwing loses. concession accepted.

#28 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

I did, actually. I stated that Bane has already defeated Nightwing twice; has defeated Batman, someone Nightwing was ridiculously outclassed by when they fought, and I'll even throw in the fact that Nightwing nearly died after fighting two Talons, whereas Bane tore three of them apart without any effort whatsoever. Learn to read, homie. Valuable life skills.

"Concession accepted"? What are you, 12? LOL. If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the thread, which you clearly don't, feel free to leave. No tears will be shed for a troll's passing.

#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

just turn it off ... just unplug your router.

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: you've left out some pretty important context and are misrepresenting one scenario. I know you rep Bane no matter what, and that is fine. I'm all for people saying what they want, but I feel when people starting getting a little too emotional and flaming in order to make their case instead of just stating their argument outright it shows they don't really have a strong case to begin with.

But my scans and the facts stand

#31 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

@citizenbane: you've left out some pretty important context and are misrepresenting one scenario. I know you rep Bane no matter what, and that is fine. I'm all for people saying what they want, but I feel when people starting getting a little too emotional and flaming in order to make their case instead of just stating their argument outright it shows they don't really have a strong case to begin with.

But my scans and the facts stand

Not really. And it's not like you're remotely capable of debate anyway. Flaming? LOL.

Sure, keep telling yourself that.

Bane 10/10.

#32 Edited by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

just reinforcing my point

#33 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

just reinforcing my point

In order to "reinforce", a point actually has to exist,unfortunately for you it doesn't.

#34 Edited by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane one shots him...again....for a third time.

Oh, and Sunman, Entropy, and CB, cool it.

#35 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane's super durable enduring these bricks after being captured by two average humans

#36 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Bane's super durable enduring these bricks after being captured by two average humans

Junior is far from an average human,she took on the Birds of Prey by herself and this was her first appearance,Bane was taken completely by surprise.

#37 Edited by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Junior is far from an average human,she took on the Birds of Prey by herself and this was her first appearance,Bane was taken completely by surprise.

the way she lost wasn't overly impressive. As far as villains go I think average is an apt description

#38 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman:

1) That scan has nothing to do with Nightwing

2) That Bane and current Bane are nothing alike in terms of physical power

3) Using a low showing doesn't help your case,I can easily bring up bad showings for Dick.

4) Junior would beat Nightwing as well.

#39 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

The bricks were being thrown at him by a superhuman who beat up Dawn, a class 50 character, so yeah, it's impressive. And he murdered at least one of those two "average humans" with his hands tied up, and I doubt the other lasted long from what I remember.

Look, let's be serious here. You're not here to debate. You're going to try and lowball Bane as much as possible with poorly interpreted scans and deeply-held bias, and you're going to get refuted at every turn because it's easy and none of your poorly thought out arguments require any kind of effort to shut down. Eventually, you'll have nothing left but your hate to rant about, and ultimately you'll leave with your tail between your legs as usual because there'll be nothing left to say. Why pretend otherwise? Why even bother with this charade? So exasperating.

But if we're tossing around scans, here's Nightwing after fighting two Talons.

And here's Bane after three. Go ahead and tell me how I'm "missing out context" again. Please do.

#40 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing's Talons were more skilled. He still won so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Bane's stronger than Nightwing physically everyone knows that. The back drop of the fire helps not to mention the Talons have a false sense of security. they are ninja zombies unfamiliar with Bane.

ABC logic these fights don't dicitate how these two would stack up one on one if they were to fight again.

#41 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Nightwing's Talons were more skilled. He still won so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Bane's stronger than Nightwing physically everyone knows that. The back drop of the fire helps not to mention the Talons have a false sense of security. they are ninja zombies unfamiliar with Bane.

ABC logic these fights don't dicitate how these two would stack up one on one if they were to fight again.

One was featless and the other was murderstomped by a half-dead Batman. Sure, they were "more skilled". And he won by luring Cobb into the subway and damaging the pipe to hit the Talon with a blast of extreme cold, their kryptonite. He was otherwise completely outmatched in terms of skill and combat ability.

The backdrop of the fire helped? Really? You're that determined to nitpick non-factors? Please.

If they fought one-on-one again, Nightwing would die. It's as simple as that. There is really no argument to be made for Dick beyond lowballing Bane and trying to pretend he isn't vastly superior to his pre-52 incarnation, who wiped the floor with Nightwing twice and gave Batman an infinitely closer fight than Dick was ever capable of.

#42 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Nightwing's Talons were more skilled.

prove it

#43 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

One was featless and the other was murderstomped by a half-dead Batman. Sure, they were "more skilled". And he won by luring Cobb into the subway and damaging the pipe to hit the Talon with a blast of extreme cold, their kryptonite. He was otherwise completely outmatched in terms of skill and combat ability.

The backdrop of the fire helped? Really? You're that determined to nitpick non-factors? Please.

If they fought one-on-one again, Nightwing would die. It's as simple as that. There is really no argument to be made for Dick beyond lowballing Bane and trying to pretend he isn't vastly superior to his pre-52 incarnation, who wiped the floor with Nightwing twice and gave Batman an infinitely closer fight than Dick was ever capable of.

The first Talon was destroying Batman in their initial confrontation. And Batman ran/escaped from the fight ultimately. Pretty sure the court was going on about how unstable and dangerous the Talon that Nightwing fought was. Implying he was above some of the other Talons.

disregarding Nightwing being younger. He is very familiar with Bane and wouldn't underestimated him, so his approach would be very tactical. The blue print for defeating Bane is out there and Nightwing has the skills, tools and know how to do it. He's more than proved his current skills with his fights leading up to being Batman and when he wore the cowl.

your argument seems to hinge on Bane being stronger and more durable but I see the fight coming down to much more than that as these fights often do. I'm not going to pretend Bane can't win, he certainly kid. But I'm also not going to pretend Bane's never lost before or gotten beaten down. Technically speaking Bane has a losing record against the Batfamily.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (21491 posts) - - Show Bio

The talon never beat batman in there first fight. Iirc batman fought him and was trying to make his strikes look like lucky hits, he got stabbed a few times, and then said enough and put him in a submission hold. They then fell out the window of Wayne tower where batman grabbed a ledge and the talon did not.

#45 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

@citizenbane said:

@sunman said:

The first Talon was destroying Batman in their initial confrontation. And Batman ran/escaped from the fight ultimately. Pretty sure the court was going on about how unstable and dangerous the Talon that Nightwing fought was. Implying he was above some of the other Talons.

disregarding Nightwing being younger. He is very familiar with Bane and wouldn't underestimated him, so his approach would be very tactical. The blue print for defeating Bane is out there and Nightwing has the skills, tools and know how to do it. He's more than proved his current skills with his fights leading up to being Batman and when he wore the cowl.

your argument seems to hinge on Bane being stronger and more durable but I see the fight coming down to much more than that as these fights often do. I'm not going to pretend Bane can't win, he certainly kid. But I'm also not going to pretend Bane's never lost before or gotten beaten down. Technically speaking Bane has a losing record against the Batfamily.

He was killed in his first fight with Batman, who was holding back on purpose so that no one who might be watching started wondering why Bruce Wayne had crazy martial arts skills. In their second fight, an exhausted, drugged, sleep-deprived, half-dead Batman who'd been impaled through the abdomen and lost a good amount of blood curbstomped Cobb and beat him to death with his bare hands. Aside from Strix and Calvin Rose who are featured in regular ongoings, all the other Talons, including Cobb, were useless jobbers. And Nightwing still nearly died after fighting two of them.

He's familiar with Bane as a result of repeatedly losing to him. If you're really going to give me arguments as generic and meaningless as "The blue print for defeating Bane is out there and Nightwing has the skills, tools and know how to do it", please don't bother. Batman is more familiar with Bane than anyone else in the Batclan, and he still nearly lost to Bane in Legacy before the New 52 fight that he did actually lose to Bane. Dick's tenure under the cowl amounted to absolutely nothing. His feats showed no improvement between before and after; pre-Battle for the Cowl, there was the fight in Batman #600 that displayed more than clearly that Nightwing was nothing compared to Batman, and post-Dick's return as Nightwing, there's the Cobb fight. Batman was stomping Talons left and right during the Night of the Owls tie-ins, Dick couldn't even handle two without nearly dying. You expect me to believe Dick has shown any improvement whatsoever?

I can guarantee you Nightwing's low showings are far worse than Bane's. Bane has a losing record against members of the Batclan who are far better combatants than Nightwing. Neither Batman nor Azrael would have any trouble at all disposing with Nightwing. Am I contending that Bane has never lost fights? Obviously not. What I am contending, however, is that he's never lost a fight with Nightwing, has shown himself to be far superior in terms of combat ability via fights with people who outclass Nightwing, and has a physical advantage that Dick cannot overcome.

#46 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

can we all just agree this thread should get locked and that there is no debate here.

#47 Posted by SUNMAN (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

The talon never beat batman in there first fight. Iirc batman fought him and was trying to make his strikes look like lucky hits, he got stabbed a few times, and then said enough and put him in a submission hold. They then fell out the window of Wayne tower where batman grabbed a ledge and the talon did not.

And than Talon came back and continued going after him. He really messed him up in the white room, Batman was in terrible shape. He escaped and if I'm not mistaken didn't the Court call him off or kill him. Than they unleashed a bunch of Talons after the Batfamily and the network

#48 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12138 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think we need a second page ....

#49 Posted by Saren (25660 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said, there's no argument to be made for Dick here. It's a waste of time, so I'm going to go watch Pacific Rim. Toodles.

#50 Posted by God_Spawn (37863 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

@citizenbane said:

@sunman said:

I see the argument hinging on the fact that Bane is stronger, more durable, and more skilled, which has been mentioned. What does Bane's win/loss record against the Batfamily have to do with anything? Because Bane has a winning record against Grayson and that's what matters. He one shot him twice.... and you can't really say Dixon did Nightwing wrong in his run what so ever. Nightwing's been held up by Jason Todd and couldn't even lay a hand on Bruce when Bruce didn't want him to. Even off of venom he nearly killed Bruce in a straight up fight, and even showed impressive agility and reflex feats by flipping to avoid projectiles from Batman, and Bruce is a pretty accomplished marksman.