#1 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was. Either that or I'm thinking Kitty vs Invisible Woman. I'm assuming you're an X-Men fan though... If it wasn't, then I might have to vote Kurt. Kitty doesn't stay intangible all the time but Nightcrawler's much more agile then she is and'll try to knock her out.

#2 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds like it was done before, please let me know if it was.

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure who would win this one.I think it would come down on who is the smartest and use there powers the best.

#4 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

She might not stay tangible the entire time, but her hand to hand combat skills coupled with the ninja training as well as her ability to walk on air makes her just as formidable. And he may be more agile, but she does possess a very good amount of agility in her own right. Add in her auto phase when it comes to avoiding an attack, I put my money on Kitty winning.

#5 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a confusing battle, how would it go? Kurt cannot hurt Kitty unless she turns tangible and she's only going to that in order to hurt Kurt. Kurt's agility and teleportation are of limited use here, he can dance around her all he wants, he's not going to get a hit in unless he can somehow sucker kitty into making a punch that will not connect and retaliate, but seeing as how Kitty has received hand-to-hand training and Kurt has not, that is not bound to happen. I think that Kitty's training would decide the battle here, they can both avoid being hit real good, but I think Kitty will be smarter about when she attacks and that will make the difference I believe.

#6 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty goes All SHIELD/HAND Ninja, and Grabs Night crawler, and Phases, both her and Nightcrawler are Intangible, Applying pressure to a Pressure point that Keeps him from concentrating, therefore he can not teleport, Kitty does this Flip and Phases Kurt into the ground, and then, lets go

Game Over

Either that or she Phases, and With a Katana, Swings, Dephasing when the sword is inside his body

Game

Set

Match

40 - Love Shadowcat!

Post Edited:2008-04-01 03:23:34

#7 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler is one of Marvels best hand to hand fighters and have been in the game a lot longer than Kitty. I feel both of there powers are capable of negating the other. I give this battle to Nightcrawler.

#8 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Nightcrawler is one of Marvels best hand to hand fighters and have been in the game a lot longer than Kitty. I feel both of there powers are capable of negating the other. I give this battle to Nightcrawler. "

Not so true, Remember Nightcrawler hasn't had the training Kitty has, Kitty has been trained by SHIELD, the HAND, and Wolverine. As far as Marvel Fighters go I'd rank her up there close to Elektra...

IF I were to rank it it would be

Wolverine/Elektra tie

Shadowcat

Iron Fist

Daredevil

And so on

It's just an Aspect of her character no one uses, it's like Superman's vulnerability to Magic, hardly anyone knows about it, because even some of the writers forget sometime

Shadowcat is IMHO one of the most Underrated Characters Marvel has on it's roster, and in truth I think she should step up, lead her own X-Team or something. This thing about her not surviving Messiah Complex and becoming an Exile, disturbs me greatly

but then of course I was disturbed by Colossus' death being overlooked as well

Kitty could take just about anyone in the Marvel Universe and Wipe the floor with them,

#9 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio

Exusiai says:

"Alpha says:
"Nightcrawler is one of Marvels best hand to hand fighters and have been in the game a lot longer than Kitty. I feel both of there powers are capable of negating the other. I give this battle to Nightcrawler. "
Not so true, Remember Nightcrawler hasn't had the training Kitty has, Kitty has been trained by SHIELD, the HAND, and Wolverine. As far as Marvel Fighters go I'd rank her up there close to Elektra... IF I were to rank it it would be Wolverine/Elektra tie Shadowcat Iron Fist Daredevil And so on It's just an Aspect of her character no one uses, it's like Superman's vulnerability to Magic, hardly anyone knows about it, because even some of the writers forget sometime Shadowcat is IMHO one of the most Underrated Characters Marvel has on it's roster, and in truth I think she should step up, lead her own X-Team or something. This thing about her not surviving Messiah Complex and becoming an Exile, disturbs me greatly but then of course I was disturbed by Colossus' death being overlooked as well Kitty could take just about anyone in the Marvel Universe and Wipe the floor with them, "

You made me have to go read more about her. I have to admit that my knowledge of her was lacking. Until then, I will have to resubmit my opinion when i have learned more.

#10 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

To be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure this fight would end in a long and tedious draw. An intangible who's highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat versus an almost supernaturally agile teleporter? They'd swing away at each other for days, wearing each other down, and never hit anything.

#11 Posted by IcePrince_X (4840 posts) - - Show Bio

Can kitty use her magic? she is also one of the few who can wield Magick's soul sword

#12 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty could Wield the Soul Sword, because Illyanna left it to her, I'm not sure if she could use Magic... you'd have to ask LexiCat she is the biggest Shadowcat Trivia person I know... But As far as Phaser vs Teleporter all it takes is her Phasing one Solid object into his body and Bobs your uncle, he's dead.

#13 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Exusiai says:

"As far as Phaser vs Teleporter all it takes is her Phasing one Solid object into his body and Bobs your uncle, he's dead. "

Assuming she could catch him. His agility is far superior.

#14 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, we're using their normal temperaments here, they wouldn't normally try to kill each other so they wouldn't in this battle.

#15 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

This is true, and As far as Agility, NC would never be able to land a punch, Kitty is untouchable ... I still would have to give this to Katya

#16 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Kitty would win.

#17 Edited by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say it's something of a draw. Were NC to grab a hold of Shadowcat, he could just teleport her head/limbs away, or teleport her into a wall or other solid object. Terrain is also a factor, as NC could blend invisibly into the shadows.

#18 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler takes this

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91067 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
"Nightcrawler takes this
"

#20 Posted by Winduizcool (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could go either way.

#21 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio

Which of the two has the faster reaction time? It might depend on this factor.

#22 Posted by Bridgeman (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Crawler holds back too much.  Kitty Pryde doesn't.  She'll phase him into the ground for the win or just suicide phase him through herself for a tie.

#23 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bridgeman: Nightcrawler did not hold back when he teleported Deadpool's head off in AOA.
#24 Posted by Bridgeman (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Bridgeman: Nightcrawler did not hold back when he teleported Deadpool's head off in AOA. "
So he wins every fight because he just teleports heads off in every thread?  Righto.   Someone get me scans of Nightcrawler getting his face beat in or I will.
#25 Edited by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bridgeman: You don't think that he can do that, even though he has before?
#26 Posted by Bridgeman (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Bridgeman: You don't think that he can do that, even though he has before? "
He won't do it here and that is all that matters.  She can go intangible and prevent it from happening anyway.  He also wouldnt do it because of morals, he doesnt have it in him to teleport her head off.
#27 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bridgeman: How does Kitty Pryde hurt or kill Nightcrawler if she can't even catch him?
#28 Posted by Bridgeman (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Bridgeman: How does Kitty Pryde hurt or kill Nightcrawler if she can't even catch him? "
Did you see what she did to World War Hulk?  She'll just phase his arm through her when he goes to hit her and let him go through the ground partially and leaves him there. 
#29 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bridgeman: I see, but can Nightcrawler teleport when his arm has been phased through Kitty Pryde?
#30 Posted by Bridgeman (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Bridgeman: I see, but can Nightcrawler teleport when his arm has been phased through Kitty Pryde? "
Sure, but his teleportation is more limited than her phasing.  There will be a point where he cant use it anymore and that is when she can just phase him through the ground.  He won't be able to teleport once he is phased into the ground because if he does he'll lose whatever is fused with the Earth.  She might be able to reverse phase him back out though, but even then it is questionable.  I guess he really will be crawling after this fight...
#31 Posted by avwhite (124 posts) - - Show Bio
This fight will end in a draw. Y'all are assuming that Nightcrawler would strike Kitty first...WHY would he do that??? He's been friends with her for years. He knows her power and how she uses them quite well. Also someone mentioned he is almost supernaturally agile...he is almost, he is, and he's much faster than she is. This fight will culminate in him bmafing around and her phasing back and forth and nothing really getting done.
#32 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@avwhite: If indeed Nightcrawler is faster than Kitty Pryde, then he, if blood lusted, could teleport her head off, killing her.
#33 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Bridgeman: Nightcrawler did not hold back when he teleported Deadpool's head off in AOA. "
In Character he's not that bad@$$
#34 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Nightcrawler on this one
he's far more agile and his acrobatic ability would dodge her attacks.
She can't stay tangible forever and he could teleport to her the instant she becomes solid.

#35 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru: But Nightcrawler is slightly faster than she is. Therefore, he has the advantage.
#36 Posted by jflash94 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

it depends on the terrain if there near the ocean night crawler an ally nc in a wide open field kitty in the x mansion kitty

#37 Posted by Edamame (27891 posts) - - Show Bio
@jflash94: How can Nightcrawler affect Shadowcat who can make herself intangible? Nightcrawler can't hurt her when she goes intangible. 
#38 Posted by jflash94 (1536 posts) - - Show Bio

first of all if it was a dark ally where there fighting he has the advantage and she has to go solid to hit him so if he uses ths to his advantage he can grab an arm and teleport her somewhere and while shes distorted thinking where am i he knocks her out but if its in a wide open field real hard to do this and ifits near the ocean he could teleport real deep under water using the same trick above

#39 Posted by CalamitySam (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler...Everytime

#40 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2779 posts) - - Show Bio

either way......