• 162 results
#1 Posted by Lunacyde (17929 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
Nightcrawler vs. Nightwing             
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler.CURBSTOMP.Nightcrawler outclasses Nightwing in speed,strength,agility,reaction time,and acrobatic ability.

#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Nightcrawler.CURBSTOMP.Nightcrawler outclasses Nightwing in speed,strength,agility,reaction time,and acrobatic ability."
What he said +Bamf
#4 Edited by Cavalry (237 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldnt say it would be a curbstomp.. I can see it being an interesting battle, one I wouldn't mind seeing drawn.  Nightwing is an experiences fighter who is a master martial artist, and Nightcrawler tends to use physical attacks.

However yes: Nightcrawler would win, as he is superhumanly agile and has fast reaction teleport.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Cavalry said:
"I wouldnt say it would be a curbstomp.. I can see it being an interesting battle, one I wouldn't mind seeing drawn.  Nightwing is an experiences fighter who is a master martial artist, and Nightcrawler tends to use physical attacks.

However yes: Nightcrawler would win, as he is superhumanly agile and has fast reaction teleport."
Yes...it is a curbstomp.Nightcrawler has beaten people stronger and faster than Nightwing and he's a skilled fighter..skilled enough to hold his own against Nightwing...not that Nightwing can hang with him since he completely outclassed physically.
#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Cavalry said:
"I wouldnt say it would be a curbstomp.. I can see it being an interesting battle, one I wouldn't mind seeing drawn.  Nightwing is an experiences fighter who is a master martial artist, and Nightcrawler tends to use physical attacks.

However yes: Nightcrawler would win, as he is superhumanly agile and has fast reaction teleport."
Yes...it is a curbstomp.Nightcrawler has beaten people stronger and faster than Nightwing and he's a skilled fighter..skilled enough to hold his own against Nightwing...not that Nightwing can hang with him since he completely outclassed physically."
I want to post the scan of him beat Omega Red, but I'm too lazy to find the comic and scan it:P
#7 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler!  Whats up Lunacyde?

#8 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Cavalry said:

I agree!
#9 Posted by Lunacyde (17929 posts) - - Show Bio

It's agreeed.....to even it up a little more and make it more interesting what if we take away NC teleporting.....I still say NC because he outclasses him in everything....and this is even without saying NC has swords

#10 Posted by Alpha (7322 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"It's agreeed.....to even it up a little more and make it more interesting what if we take away NC teleporting.....I still say NC because he outclasses him in everything....and this is even without saying NC has swords"
Now that's another story. Just because he is faster and more agile, doesn't mean he wins. The same can be said for him vs Cap and he wouldn't win. Nightwing has the experience and technique to make him te winner now. The teleporting gave it to NC in my opinion.
#11 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Lunacyde said:
"It's agreeed.....to even it up a little more and make it more interesting what if we take away NC teleporting.....I still say NC because he outclasses him in everything....and this is even without saying NC has swords"
Now that's another story. Just because he is faster and more agile, doesn't mean he wins. The same can be said for him vs Cap and he wouldn't win. Nightwing has the experience and technique to make him te winner now. The teleporting gave it to NC in my opinion."
i say even without bamfing as long as he has his sword NC still comes out on top and nobody i really wanna see that scan please
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Lunacyde said:
Now that's another story. Just because he is faster and more agile, doesn't mean he wins. The same can be said for him vs Cap and he wouldn't win. Nightwing has the experience and technique to make him te winner now. The teleporting gave it to NC in my opinion."
Nightwing can't dodge his punches all day.Nightcrawler is a good fighter+he outclasses Nightwing...that is an automatic win.Not to mention BAMF.
#13 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno......the second nightcrawler bamf's Nightwing punches him at that moment. It's all a matter of gut instinct and how good he is at perception.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"I dunno......the second nightcrawler bamf's Nightwing punches him at that moment. It's all a matter of gut instinct and how good he is at perception."
Nightwing isn't fast enough to hit someone moving at light speed.Rouge couldn't hit him when he was bamf'ing and she has Ms.Marvel's speed and reflexes.Daredevil is the only street leveler who can catch him.
#16 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why was it that Cyclops hit him?

#17 Edited by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
oldmagic said:
"Then why was it that Cyclops hit him?"
Cyclops' lasers move at lightspeed...and he wasn't using his Bamf as much as he did on Rouge...Cyclops actually hit him while he was jumping.
#18 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"oldmagic said:
Cyclops' lasers move at lightspeed...and he wasn't using his Bamf as much as he did on Rouge...Cyclops actually hit him while he was jumping."
i'm talking about hitting him with his fist.
#19 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"oldmagic said:
Cyclops' lasers move at lightspeed."
lol
#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Cyclops' lasers move at lightspeed
No, they don't. And, this has been established a long time ago. Many people have dodged his beams.

Vance Astro said:
"Nightwing isn't fast enough to hit someone moving at light speed.
Nightcrawler doesn't move this fast.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Cyclops' lasers move at lightspeed
No, they don't. And, this has been established a long time ago. Many people have dodged his beams.

Vance Astro said:
"Nightwing isn't fast enough to hit someone moving at light speed.
Nightcrawler doesn't move this fast.
"
Yes they do...I have a scan that says so.Nightcrawler also moves at lightspeed..check the handbook,all teleporters do.
#22 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
So much for his lasers not moving at light speed huh?
#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"
So much for his lasers not moving at light speed huh?
"
I knew you would post this. I think Gambler and/or Buckshot refuted this already. Cyclops shot that beam into a machine, with Suzie's force field around it. It went at light-speed, but not on it's own. It doesn't normally move that fast.
#24 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Northstar moves at lightspeed..Cyclops tagged him.

#25 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Northstar moves at lightspeed..Cyclops tagged him."
That should be bad writing. NO way in hell that could happen. 
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Yes they do...I have a scan that says so.Nightcrawler also moves at lightspeed..check the handbook,all teleporters do."

I don't really care what the Handbook says (you can show the page if you want). Just because someone can teleport doesn't mean they can do it at light-speed. If this were the case, Cyclops would never be able to predict Nightcrawler's movements or anything like he has before.
#27 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Northstar moves at lightspeed..Cyclops tagged him."

Either that was bad writing, or Northstar was obviously moving slower than light-speed.
#28 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

how can his beam not move at light speed its a laser isnt it?? and its light?? and light moves at light speed right?? of course i may not know what im talking about but thats the way ive always seen it...

#29 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Ok..let's assume Cyclops's Optic Blasts don't move at lightspeed (which they do),and Nightcrawler doesn't move at lightspeed.Nightcrawler's BAMF is instantaneous.It doesn't take more than a second for him to bamf and than move somewhere else.So I think at times Marvel's artist don't know what to do with Cyclops.They have people who aren't that fast like Wolverine,Gambit and especially Storm of all people flipping around his blasts like nothing but then on the other hand people like Rouge with Ms.Marvel's speed and reflexes,Northstar,and Nightcrawler get hit.Are these lucky shots or is Marvel only letting certain people dodge his shots so he doesn't hurt them.Because,I mean I have seen Cyclops hit Wolverine but never Gambit or Storm...I don't think either could take a shot like that...but Cyclops has hit almost every other X-man who can take it...Rouge,Colussus,Thunderbird etc.
#30 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing gets murdered here

#31 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate Ronin said:
"how can his beam not move at light speed its a laser isnt it?? and its light?? and light moves at light speed right?? of course i may not know what im talking about but thats the way ive always seen it..."
That's what i'm saying.When Photon turns into light she can move at lightspeed.I don't see how Cyclops's beams don't...especially since the comic says so.
#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate Ronin said:
"how can his beam not move at light speed its a laser isnt it?? and its light?? and light moves at light speed right?? of course i may not know what im talking about but thats the way ive always seen it..."
It's an optic beam of concussive force. It may generate light and be a form of energy (it's not sunlight...), but it doesn't mean it moves at light speed. People have dodged his beams before. If the beam was that fast, he would never miss a target.
#33 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Ultimate Ronin said:
It's an optic beam of concussive force. It may generate light and be a form of energy (it's not sunlight...), but it doesn't mean it moves at light speed. People have dodged his beams before. If the beam was that fast, he would never miss a target."
maybe its not the beam their dodging maybe its his face!! lol if that makes sense....
#34 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Ultimate Ronin said:
It's an optic beam of concussive force. It may generate light and be a form of energy (it's not sunlight...), but it doesn't mean it moves at light speed. People have dodged his beams before. If the beam was that fast, he would never miss a target."
Just because people have dodged his beams doesn't mean it's good writing.
#35 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"That's what i'm saying.When Photon turns into light she can move at lightspeed.I don't see how Cyclops's beams don't...especially since the comic says so."

Photon can make herself into pure light. Thus, moving at light speed. Cyclops' optic beams aren't pure light. They move along a different wavelength. And, the beams he fires are composed of gravitons, not photons. Thus, they don't move at light-speed.
#36 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Ok..let's assume Cyclops's Optic Blasts don't move at lightspeed (which they do),and Nightcrawler doesn't move at lightspeed.Nightcrawler's BAMF is instantaneous.It doesn't take more than a second for him to bamf and than move somewhere else.So I think at times Marvel's artist don't know what to do with Cyclops.They have people who aren't that fast like Wolverine,Gambit and especially Storm of all people flipping around his blasts like nothing but then on the other hand people like Rouge with Ms.Marvel's speed and reflexes,Northstar,and Nightcrawler get hit.Are these lucky shots or is Marvel only letting certain people dodge his shots so he doesn't hurt them.Because,I mean I have seen Cyclops hit Wolverine but never Gambit or Storm...I don't think either could take a shot like that...but Cyclops has hit almost every other X-man who can take it...Rouge,Colussus,Thunderbird etc."
#37 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Ultimate Ronin said:
"maybe its not the beam their dodging maybe its his face!! lol if that makes sense...."
Just for the record, it doesn't...

Duke Checkmate III said:
"Just because people have dodged his beams doesn't mean it's good writing."
It's good writing if it's happened so many times. Havok's beams don't even move that fast.
#38 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Ultimate Ronin said:
"maybe its not the beam their dodging maybe its his face!! lol if that makes sense...."

Duke Checkmate III said:
It's good writing if it's happened so many times. Havok's beams don't even move that fast.
"
I don't think so...because if Cyclops's beams move that fast at some point they would have to slow it down so that he doesn't tag everyone and make his fights interesting.They do the same thing with Spider-Man's speed all the time.
#39 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Duke Checkmate III said:
"Ok..let's assume Cyclops's Optic Blasts don't move at lightspeed (which they do),and Nightcrawler doesn't move at lightspeed.Nightcrawler's BAMF is instantaneous.It doesn't take more than a second for him to bamf and than move somewhere else.So I think at times Marvel's artist don't know what to do with Cyclops.They have people who aren't that fast like Wolverine,Gambit and especially Storm of all people flipping around his blasts like nothing but then on the other hand people like Rouge with Ms.Marvel's speed and reflexes,Northstar,and Nightcrawler get hit.Are these lucky shots or is Marvel only letting certain people dodge his shots so he doesn't hurt them.Because,I mean I have seen Cyclops hit Wolverine but never Gambit or Storm...I don't think either could take a shot like that...but Cyclops has hit almost every other X-man who can take it...Rouge,Colussus,Thunderbird etc."
"
Cyclops' blasts don't move at light-speed.... And, if something like Cyclops' blast did move that fast, he could easily kill anyone he hits with it.
#40 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"Static Shock said:
"Ultimate Ronin said:

Duke Checkmate III said:
"
I don't think so...because if Cyclops's beams move that fast at some point they would have to slow it down so that he doesn't tag everyone and make his fights interesting.They do the same thing with Spider-Man's speed all the time."
#41 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

it doesnt really matter his blasts still move fast as hell and to tag NC all he has got to do is hit him before he bamfs....when NC bamfs and comes back there is a split second before he bamfs again all cykes gotta do is get a glance of him to hit him

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"I don't think so...because if Cyclops's beams move that fast at some point they would have to slow it down so that he doesn't tag everyone and make his fights interesting.They do the same thing with Spider-Man's speed all the time."

You're not listening. His optic blasts contain gravitons, not photons. Graviton is a particle of gravitation. Gravitation = weight. Photons have zero mass, which is one of the reasons why lihgt moves as fast as it does. That scan you posted clearly has Cyclops' beam moving through a vacuum, which probably allowed his beam to move that fast. Normally, it doesn't. And, I doubt the Handbook says it can move that fast.
#43 Posted by Ultimate Ronin (2800 posts) - - Show Bio

all that we really got to agree on since this is a fight between NC and nightwing is that none of nightwings attacks can move as fast as cykes optic blasts....

#44 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Duke Checkmate III said:
"I don't think so...because if Cyclops's beams move that fast at some point they would have to slow it down so that he doesn't tag everyone and make his fights interesting.They do the same thing with Spider-Man's speed all the time."

You're not listening. His optic blasts contain gravitons, not photons. Graviton is a particle of gravitation. Gravitation = weight. Photons have zero mass, which is one of the reasons why lihgt moves as fast as it does. That scan you posted clearly has Cyclops' beam moving through a vacuum, which probably allowed his beam to move that fast. Normally, it doesn't. And, I doubt the Handbook says it can move that fast."
I am listening...I still don't see any evidence that his blasts don't move that fast.The fact that his shots have been dodged aren't proof.
#45 Posted by Lunacyde (17929 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget NC has an extremely strong and dextrous prehensile tail giving him yet one more advantage....

#46 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler would win, however I don't think that it'd be a curb-stomp on his behalf.

#47 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84550 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops' eye blasts don't move at light speed.

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Duke Checkmate III said:
"I am listening...I still don't see any evidence that his blasts don't move that fast.The fact that his shots have been dodged aren't proof."

Thay are proof enough, along with what I just posted. The scan isn't proof that his blasts move at light speed unaided. His beam was moving through a vacuum.

Gambler said:
"Cyclops' eye blasts don't move at light speed."
Thank you.

#49 Posted by Duke Checkmate III (361 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Cyclops' eye blasts don't move at light speed."
How fast are they then?
#50 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio

fast enough to be dodged