• 118 results
#1 Edited by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Random Encounter, city, no bystanders, deathstroke has basic starting tools, nightcrawler has swords, no victory by ring out, ko or death is only allowed

Nightcrawler

vs
Deathstroke

#2 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice battle!  Best I've seen for quite a while!  Phew, I'd say Nightcrawler though, if he needed, he could grab 'Stroke and teleport a mile up in short bursts then drop him.  Afterwards, slow teleports to the ground.

#3 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

hopfully more will reply tomorrow

#4 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
mkdeadpool said:
"hopfully more will reply tomorrow
"

I'm surprised no one has jumped on this yet, it is truly a very good battle.
#5 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you, im finding better sucsess using street level to just  below hulk levels, im kind of tired of all the hulk or superman vs threads. Even though i like hulk,o well

#6 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

Without prep time Deathstroke has no idea about Nightcrawler which is he's strong suit. Nightcrawler wins this as long as he plays the stick and move game.

#7 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

might as well try this(its my first time doing this in any forum) BUMP

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. I believe he's fast enough to react to Nightcrawler's teleportation.

#9 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? So you think if all i have to do is touch you to teleport you you could somehow escape it? I dont see it happening.

#10 Edited by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of characters slower then Deathstroke have avoided Nightcrawler, or defended his teleportaion.  And it says in the opening that ring outs dont count. And since Deathstroke is immortal how exactly does teleporting give Nightcrawler the win?

#11 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

If he gets done by this he'll definately be ko'ed.

Smoosh.

#12 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Oww

#13 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

And its not like evading him once is gonna determine the whole fight.

Nightcrawler

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio
Ace High said:
"If he gets done by this he'll definately be ko'ed.

Smoosh.

"
How do you know? Not saying your wrong but what proof do you have that a fall like that would knock Deathstroke out?
#15 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Because shattering a Vital organ causes the Body to collapse. and from tha higth... YA

#16 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Well despite his healing factor and super brain he still has a normal physiology doesn't he? Omega Red is much tougher than a normal person due to his enchancements and he gets knocked out. Wolverine would get knocked out from a fall of that height. I haven't seen anything that would suggest Deathstroke's healing factor is more powerful than Wolverine's, so going by that logic he should get knocked out by the fall. If it doesn't work the first time Nightcrawler can just keep doing it until it does.

#17 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Or he could just let him go in the pocket dimension before popping up again ;)

#18 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

But would deathstroke with his increased reflexes and reaction time, would he be able to shoot nighcrawler out of the air or something. Wolverine is able to dodge him(though admiitedly he has known nc for a long time, so he may just know nc well enough to dodge him)

#19 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

thats another thing, how the hell would Deathstroke know that NC has that power? he would be completely unaware.

#20 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess that would depend how good his increased reflexes are, but lets just say to make it fair,he saw nc teleport into the battlefield

#21 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio
Faster then Superman can react

Dodges Starfires blast. A feat not even Kid Flash could do

Reacts at the speed of thought

Not only survives a fall from a similar height, he's practically unphased

#22 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

well that makes things interesting, by the way gambler, who do you think will win lol

#23 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio
mkdeadpool said:
"well that makes things interesting, by the way gambler, who do you think will win lol
"
I think Deathstroke would win
#24 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Really never would have guessed it jk

#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm open to the idea of Nightcrawler winning. Just not from anything thats been stated yet. I pretty much ignore Void. He never has any real information anyway. Just backhanded comments and silly remarks. Ace might come wit some'n though.

#26 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets keep insults to a minimum. I think that this is actually a close battle, afterall nighcrawler does have more skills than teleportation. He has reflexes and agility that may even keep up with deathstroke. Plus he is a good fighter and an extra limb(his tail) plus his teleport can be used to dodge not just grab on to deathstroke. Aswell he does have his swords, so if he can get to deathstroke may be able to do some quick damage with them. Another thing to point out is nc can take one of deathstrokes guns and use it against him(seen him do it in an issue of excalibur against a cyborg in a mall). But dont take it like im saying nc would definatley win, i think both still have a good chance

#27 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke explaining how he can heal from a gunshot in minutes.

caption

#28 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just stating that nc has multiple options(the gun he used didnt affect the cyborg to much either) Plus  a head shot still may be able to ko stroke. Though i doubt the battle would actually come to this, a swordfight between the 2 is more likely than a gun fight

#29 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
mkdeadpool said:
"I was just stating that nc has multiple options(the gun he used didnt affect the cyborg to much either) Plus  a head shot still may be able to ko stroke. Though i doubt the battle would actually come to this, a swordfight between the 2 is more likely than a gun fight
"
if deathstroke can react at the speed of thought, NC already lost the Sword fight.
#30 Posted by mkdeadpool (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize that, i was just saying that it was a more likely situation then a gun fight. NC best chance is to out maneuver deathstroke, which may make this a long fight, and to clear things up i think deathstroke would probably win in the end( even though nc is my favourite x-man)

#31 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey what you talkin' bout Gambler I always got somethin' ;-) I'll be back in a bit though with a bunch of scans and then we shall continue this! :D

#32 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Teleported head of your shoulders, how long will that take him to heal?

#33 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Right here we go!

Firstly gonna go through the scans ya posted:

Scan 1: Not sure about this one...Superman is easily fast enough to catch Deathstroke I think this is a case of its Deathstroke's comic lets make him look cool!
Scan 2: That looks pre-crisis to me...
Scan 3: I wouldn't put Garth anywhere near Nightcrawler's reaction speeds.
Scan 4: He doesn't look unphased to me, he looks like he is taking his time getting up. Plus he landed on snow. If he was dropped from that height onto solid concrete the effect will be much worse.
Scan 5: It won't take a minute for Nightcrawler to teleport him again even if it does work the first time. If it knocks Omega Red out who is physically enhanced to take much more damage than a normal human and has a healing factor then I am pretty sure Deathstroke will be at least shaken by the effects.

I haven't got the scans personally but if I can direct your attention here:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/nightcrawler-v-black-panther/25284/?page=last#reply_form

You'll see a number of excellent scans LogicMark III has posted in relation to Nightcrawler's speed and agility. He only needs the slightest of touches to teleport someone and can teleport continually throughout the fight. He easily dodges bullets even when the gun is pressed against his head. He can't be held down because he can just teleport away from whoever is grabbing him and by proxy they are touching him and can be teleported. As soon as Deathstroke goes to hit Nightcrawler, the slightest of touches will mean that he has the means to teleport Deathstroke at will. His precision when he teleports means he could teleport off Deathstroke's arms or legs and just leave him there. Plus he has a tail which someone has mentioned that can easily be used as an extra limb to add to his offensive abilities.

To be honest, I don't think Deathstroke can put Nightcrawler down quick enough to stop him from teleporting him a vast distance up in the air and letting go or teleporting off a vital body part with the slightest of touches.

#34 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler teleports Deathstroke's head off.

#35 Edited by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
caption

Wolverine fell quite far, even with his healing factor and Adamantium bones AND the fact they landed on snow he lost consciousness/died. Deathstroke isnt invulnerable and doesnt have metal bones, his bones will shatter and organs rupture, especially if he lands on concrete and such.

#36 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

I already showed a scan of Deathstroke fallen from a further distance then the one of Wolverine.

@And Ace, go back and look again. He falls and lands on the car. He then leaps from the car and tackles that chick, its then that he's lying in the snow. Not from the fall. Even in the scans you directed me to (like the one where he teleports the helmet off) the guy has time to put his hands on Nightcrawler before he actually teleports away. Thats more then enough time for Deathstroke to toss him off, twist his head and snap his neck, rake his eyes, etc etc. Lots of characters have anticipated Nightcrawler's teleportation. And Kid Flash is faster then Nightcrawler unless you can show me something otherwise.

The scans of Deathstroke being faster then Garth isnt the point. Its what he says that I wanted you to look at. Slade states that he reacts at the speed of thought.

Here he gets tagged and knocked out by Sebastian Shaw. A character who  I would say is considerably slower then Slade.

caption

#37 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke wins in a landslide.

Deathstroke has consistently beaten Wally as Kid Flash and later as the Flash.  He's consistently taken on teams of Titans who's average member far overpowers Nightcrawler.

Korg
said:

"Nightcrawler teleports Deathstroke's head off."
616 Nightcrawler has never done that and even if he could, he isn't fast enough.  Deathstroke will beat the snot out of him before he gets touched.
#38 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

We arent writing a story. Its powers/skills versus powers/skills so Nightcrawler can teleport his head off. In the scans there are other pictures where he teleported the chest cavity off of a sentinal incrediably quickly. He just needs a touch. Thats it. He could also teleport large sections of land and drop them on Deathstrokes head.

Well that Sebastion Shaw post was when he was younger. The scans show him dodging bullets and mvoing with great agility. I dont see how that scan trumps the more recent ones which account for him having trained more.

#39 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

If Nightcrawler tried to teleport a large section of land, he would kill himself.

And it doesn't matter if we're writing a story or not.  Deathstroke has reaction times that allow him to beat the Flash.  Do you comprehend how much faster the Flash is than Nightcrawler?  And the Flash doesn't even have a handy brimstone smell and bamf sound to announce his presence.

Deathstroke not only can beat Nightcrawler, he can probably beat three Nightcrawlers at once.

#40 Edited by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you don't see exactly how high Deathstroke falls from but regardless he doesn't look like he is the best of shape in the last panel. Plus when Nightcrawler gets grabbed you can tell he isn't fighting at full potential cause he says THEN I HAVE TO HIT THEM THAT MUCH HARDER! If he had hit them that hard the first time they wouldn't have had a chance to grab him. As to the scan you just posted it even says I WAS DISTRACTED! In that first panel he teleported fast enough to catch Omega Red off guard who was easily fast enough to fight Wolverine and Colossus at the same time. Unless they start off right next to each other I just don't see how Deathstroke is gonna be able to tag him. He doesn't even need to teleport once, he can keep teleporting and distract Slade long enough to teleport him. If he has his swords he can throw them whilst he teleports to put him off guard and set him up. Plus I think "moving as fast as thought" is hyperbole seeing as in a recent Flash comic he states "I am faster than light but not thought" and I doubt Slade is faster than the Flash.

Fast enough to easily dodge bullets.

What would slade do from this position? He teleports before the guy can even effectively counter-attack. Plus it shows that he doesn't need to grab them to initiate the teleport.

In the top panel he is barely touching him.

#41 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"We arent writing a story. Its powers/skills versus powers/skills so Nightcrawler can teleport his head off. In the scans there are other pictures where he teleported the chest cavity off of a sentinal incrediably quickly. He just needs a touch. Thats it. He could also teleport large sections of land and drop them on Deathstrokes head.

Well that Sebastion Shaw post was when he was younger. The scans show him dodging bullets and mvoing with great agility. I dont see how that scan trumps the more recent ones which account for him having trained more."
Deathstroke also dodges bullets. As far as dropping pieces of land on Deathstroke, I'd say thats a little far fetched. Its not like Slade is just gonna stand there while a piece of earth gets dropped on him. I'd think a better strategy would be the one you guys have been going with. (teleporting his head, or limbs) But even a one armed Slade is more then capable of defeating Nightcrawler. And I'd argue he needs to do more then just touch someone, or else anyone who ever punched or kicked Nightcrawler would have instantly lost a limb.
#42 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

Speed of thought huh? Kid Flash huh? Wow! Nightwing is hard copres then eh?
#43 Posted by The Fraternity (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaah isnt this the same tactic I used when ever you bring up how fast Gladiator is? And what is it you always say..........oh yeah, Thats stupid

#44 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Logic Mark III said:
"
caption

Speed of thought huh? Kid Flash huh? Wow! Nightwing is hard cores then eh?"
1) Yes to all three questions.
2) That's depowered Deathstroke
3) We aren't writing a story ;-)

#45 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in the comics Nightcrawler is an Uber-Chrisitan. He isnt going to maim or kill people. If he could he would be a pacifist im sure. Turn the other cheek and what-not. But we arent bound by that, so we can say he just teleports peoples heads of. He does just need a touch. What about those scans dont you get? His teleportation is great. He teleported Ororo but not the Glasses inbedded in her flesh. He teleported the mid-section of a sentinal, he teleported the skrull by contacting him with his feet, he managed to teleport out of cuffs and an opponents grip, its not like he has to put any higher thought into any of this. BAMF and thats it.

Deathstroke may be dangerous with one arm, but i dont think he would be too dangerous with no head.

#46 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84640 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing huh?

caption
caption

#47 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler isn't dangerous at all with a sword stuck in his gut and a bullet in his skull.

#48 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

How in the heck was Deathstroke depowered?

#49 Posted by Logic Mark III (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

He was depowered? Prove that to me please. I dont remember it stated anywhere he was depowered. Nightwing made a point that he couldnt fight the guy really, he was faster and stronger. I know Nightwing is agile and whatnot but i wouldnt put him above Nightcrawler at all. So by virtue of Nightwing doing what he did i believe Nightcrawler can, especially with the added surprise of teleportation attacks.

#50 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

The point is that Nightcrawler only needs one touch and its all over. He teleports however high and lets him go. Or that one punch is him teleporting his chest cavity away like what he did to the sentinal. Plus I think there are enough scans of Nightcrawler easily dodging bullets. I mean Green Arrow dodges him here and he ain't nearly as fast as Nightwing or Batman.

caption