#1 Edited by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nickthedevil asked me to post this since it wasn't working for him

My own team:

Dr. Light, Mirror Master, The Top, Atrocitus, Doctor Alchemy, Orion

Beatboks1

Morals for team one are off, morals for team two are on.

Battlefield: Mcdonalds (no civilians)

Each team starts at a respective extreme of the parking lot (far end being the Mcdonald's sign)

standard equipment

random encounter

#2 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: It's good... but it seems everything's been... duplicated. :P

#3 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickthedevil: Wow, how did i miss that. Clearing that up now 
#5 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Either or. You might as well. My laptop has to reboot before it works again.

#6 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks BlackArmor!

#7 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

OK kicking off.

Just to let you know if you want to change and add some prep for your team I'm cool with that cause I think random encounter favors me.

On that because my team has 4 members who are either telapathic or have ESP, mystical senses of some type, I see a random encounter favoring my guy's. Arion, and Question both have mystical senses and Brainwave and Obsidian have TP that will allow them to preempt quite a bit and react before you act . Arion, Question and BW also have illusions that will counter MM's illusions. Potentially they can have the opposition on the back foot from the word go with you fighting phantoms that aren't even there.

Arion's ESP and Illusion

Questions senses and Illusions

Brainwave can read the minds even of the dead and can breach protected minds that even Martian Manhunter could not Like Black Adam. Not to mention mind rape the entire JSA and best a powerful TPer like Maxima in mental battle, so reading the minds of your team will be child's play

Before your team does anything (even given their vaunted reactions) my team will have acted to counter it.

Now the obvious play for you is to use Mirror Master to entrap my team in mirrors and destroy them. Since however I can deal with both MM and Dr Light in instants and remove them as a threat that wont be happening.

Arion's magic is powered by light, he himself was a star for centuries . Once he is aware of the danger that Light in general can be he will absorb all light in the area into himself to power himself up

Here are two times that he has absorbed all light around him. One was absorbing light from every star in the heavens.

Even if he hasn't absorbed all light this will allow Obsidian to spread himself into the shadows and extend darkness more than he ever has before. In essence no light for a reflection and no light for Dr Light to use or manipulate.

There is one other major playing card I have. Obsidian's ability to use the darkness within peoples souls against them. I have quite a bit to play with here especially with the rage of Atrocitus, and Orion

All this without taking into consideration the fact that Alan, Arion, Nuklon and Obsidian all have intangibility. Arion, Alan, Question and Obsidian can become invisible. Alan and Obsidian can create energy consructs, Brainwave can create Thought constructs.

I haven't even used two of my team or half their power or my most powerful member, and two of yours are out of play and the others at a huge disadvantage.

#8 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: To continue

Dr Alchemy is countered by the fact that both Arion and Alan can undo or out do anything he can accomplish with the philosophers stone. Both can matter manipulate as well. For one thing Alan's transmutations aren't as limited.

You have no way of even tagging most of my team due to their ability to be intangible. There is no way anyone on your team is even striking four of my team if they know the blow is coming. With their precog, esp, telepathy and with Brainwave and Arion linking all my team telepathically so that anything one of my team sees or senses all are aware of there is nothing they wont "see coming". let's not forget that even Alan Scot can mystically sense things with his power.

Never mind the fact that Alan also has the power to time manipulate, alter his size (including to microscopic size).

Both Alan and Arion are capable of teleportation and transdimensional travel at will. So BFR is an easy option and returning from a BFR is also easy

Both Alan, Brainwave and Arion can create force fields and powerful blasts.

Arion can completely control all the forces of nature, wind weather and elements. If he wants he can simply make it impossible for your team to breath

Nuklon can increase his his size, increase and decrease his molecular density and mass. Using this he has been able to strike even Black Adam with such a blow to send him flying.

#9 Posted by Esquire (3742 posts) - - Show Bio

Let the debate continue!

#10 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

At work! Should be home in less than an hour to continue and make a rebuttal

#11 Edited by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

At work! Should be home in less than an hour to continue and make a rebuttal

Cool, I'll wait for that before I continue with some of my other plans.

Edit v v v

OK I know I said I'd wait, but I'm impatient (plus pretty keyed about this team

To continue

Obsidian is a huge player in my team. Once Arion absorbs a great deal of the light he will be a true powerhouse, but what makes him even more so is the darkness within the souls of his enemies. The greater the darkness the greater the power at his disposal and with the rage of Orion (blood lusted) and Atrocitus he's going to have some serious fuel to power him.

During Underworld unleashed when Neron was in the earthly plane and when heroes were being turned evil,and also when Eclipso brought darkness to the earth and possessed heroes he was at super high power levels. With the light removed from the rage of the two enemies plus the darkness within the soul of his own team mates like Brainwave Jr and Nuklon he will be near that once more.

He will draw power from the hatred and evil within their souls as much as from the lack of light. His power over darkness is as much over the metaphysical of evil as over the lack of light.

He can literally be everywhere, fighting them all, and he can't be harmed.

Not to mention the harm hi can do to them using their own darkness within as a weapon against them

Next I'll cover how exactly i can use Alan Scot to be super effective.

#12 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scot is one of the most powerful DCU heroes. His power allows him to go toe to toe with Mordru and Thunderbolt ( power level of Myxylplik), and fight higher level beings.

When pushed to the peak he can solo all DCU Earth. This is of course something he doesn't do in character. He has still pushed himself to do some amazing things. he can deal with mutiversal level threats and warp time to his needs.

This means he can go all Zoom on the @$$ and have them moving Super slow compared to all my team.

Or he can open a vortex to another reality and BFR them sealing it forever shut and stuck in some hell or dimension from which they will be forever stuck

The thing is that usually Alan only touches on the full power of the starheart. he usually only goes all out when faced with a great power. he maintains some will always to contain the evil power of the starheart.As a part of this team he has the option to draw more power with no risk. Why I hear you ask, well he has as an ally Arion who throughout his history when depowered has drawn on mystical power around him so what better source than the starheart. Secondly he has one of the most powerful wills and mentalists in the DCU to aid him containing the starheart should it start to be too much in Brainwave Jnr.

The obvious reply for nick is to use the feats of Dr Light manipulating other Green Lanterns energy, unfortunately for him Alan's energy is NOTHING like that of other GL's. his power is magic, and Arthur to my knowledge has no power over magic.

So to recap thus far, we have Question who can use his illusions to make the enemy see what he wants. he could make his team mates appear to be their allies and their allies appear to be their enemies. Plus he will have fore knowledge of things since the planet and spirits talk to him. Since even Superman's super senses are folled my his minor mystic illusions there will be no one her immune

He's not averse to killing in character and may make them kill each other.

We have Brainwave who can rip whatever he wants from their minds and mind rape them all at once. or do much the same as Question with his mental projections

We have Obsidian who can use their inner darkness against them and who will be powered up by both that and the lack of light courtesy of Arion. he can literally be anywhere and everywhere at once, has a type of precog and is indestructible

Arion who is a powerful mage who can fight and has defeated god's. Like Question he has no real compunctions against killing in character. he killed his own mother the evil Goddess Dark Majestra. Destroyed his brothers body and imprisoned his soul inside Arion himself to torment him. His power ended both Ice ages, can control the forces of nature, move through dimensions become invisible, intangible and create illusions also as well as powerful blasts and force fields.

Nukon who while not quite as physically powerful as Black Adam can still knock him around with the combination of his super strength and his mass altering. plus can be super dense or itangible. not to mention grow to 200 feet tall which also increases his strength.

Finally Alan who's power is over the top. It can literally do what ever he want's it to. Time manipulate, matter manipulate, at extreme measures reality warp.

That's me to star nick.

#13 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry BB, my laptop is not connecting to comicvine for some reason. I will try to get on right now in a few moments.

#14 Edited by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: No problems. Gotta say I'm pretty keyed up about using this team. Of all the teams I've used in Tourney's etc there has only been one where I had this much knowledge on all members. It probably helps that I've actually built respect threads or wiki pages for almost all of this team.

#15 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump - can't let this get to page 4 just yet

#16 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I'm here. Computer finally works.

#17 Posted by nickthedevil (11089 posts) - - Show Bio

Rebuttal #1:

@beatboks1 said:

@nickthedevil: To continue

Dr Alchemy is countered by the fact that both Arion and Alan can undo or out do anything he can accomplish with the philosophers stone. Both can matter manipulate as well. For one thing Alan's transmutations aren't as limited.

You have no way of even tagging most of my team due to their ability to be intangible. There is no way anyone on your team is even striking four of my team if they know the blow is coming. With their precog, esp, telepathy and with Brainwave and Arion linking all my team telepathically so that anything one of my team sees or senses all are aware of there is nothing they wont "see coming". let's not forget that even Alan Scot can mystically sense things with his power.

Never mind the fact that Alan also has the power to time manipulate, alter his size (including to microscopic size).

Both Alan and Arion are capable of teleportation and transdimensional travel at will. So BFR is an easy option and returning from a BFR is also easy

Both Alan, Brainwave and Arion can create force fields and powerful blasts.

Arion can completely control all the forces of nature, wind weather and elements. If he wants he can simply make it impossible for your team to breath

Nuklon can increase his his size, increase and decrease his molecular density and mass. Using this he has been able to strike even Black Adam with such a blow to send him flying.

While this is cool and all, There's a few things I see wrong here.

One, Even Martian Manhunter couldn't read Atrocitus. His rage was too great, his mind incoherent and lost due to it all. Instead it even gave MM feedback, crippling him for the rest of the battle.

A weak, poisoned, and exhausted Atrocitus was able to rip through Stormwatch and still come out on top. Now a morals off Atrocitus is going to be alot harder to handle, and your people will have to worry about deflecting him, more than keeping illusions up. You also mistake my own first move. Mirror Master's first move would be to get inside a reflection. This should theoretically shield him from anything that is associated with Telepathy. To add to Mirror Master, he doesn't just use illusions, as you say. He uses Other dimensional exact replicas of heroes (Which he can do to your entire team.)

As For Doctor Light, Your illusions should prove unsuccessful. He has dealt with mirages and illusions before, (I hypothesize that it may be due to his fifth sense regarding Light)

THis is also a feat of durability, taking two shots simultaneously from Wondergirl and Superboy.

@beatboks1 said:

The obvious reply for nick is to use the feats of Dr Light manipulating other Green Lanterns energy, unfortunately for him Alan's energy is NOTHING like that of other GL's. his power is magic, and Arthur to my knowledge has no power over magic.

I beg to differ fully. Here he shows said feat, and excersises it entirely taking Zeus' Lightning from Wondergirl's Rope (Later he uses it to blast away the entire Teen Titans Roster off their feet).

#18 Edited by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil:

The whole point of my attack is that due to precog mirror master wont get a chance to act as there will be no light courtesy of Arion and Obsidian for him to have a reflection to use to get into. Arion has senses the presence of a danger pages before it actually got seen. Obsidian has done the same. That precog combined with both also having TP and being able to make the team aware which in turn will let Alan time manipulate the way he did to save Earth from a planet. he made centuries pass for it population in mere moments for him and Zauriel. This will make all my team faster than Zoom to yours as the battle begins and with actions taken first your blitzed big time

secondly Brainwave's illusions have form, they have killed and harmed people before so it's not a case of simply being fooled. Questions illusions are interrupted messages to the brain, even Superman cant see through them and i'll guarantee his senses trump whatever light can do. Sensing light wont help if the way your brain percieves things is what's being affected.

MM isn't brainwave. his mental assaults are stronger than MM's . one he's breached minds MM couldn't. admittedly. his defenses are less but unlike any other TPer he has 10000's of minds in his at any given time. he is unable to shield them or filter them out. If there is a feedback it's hardly going to even unsettle him. Besides which we still have Obsidian who's TP feeds on darkness ( ergo rage), he's seen far darker than the rage he will here and that will feed his power. Atroticus will not be safe from him, the greater his rage the more the weapon Obie has against him. Your team being morals off here plays very much to Obie in that regard. there will be far more to use against your team from thier souls and none of them have protectionfrom that.

Now a morals off Atrocitus is going to be alot harder to handle, and your people will have to worry about deflecting him, more than keeping illusions up.

Since most of my team ( Alan, Arion, Obsidian, Nuklon) can become intangible they wont have to "deflect" anything. Also Alan, Arion, and Obsidian are all capable of inter dimensional travel. I could even argue that brainwave is also, while he himself hasn't his father moved many to Limbo and he absorbed his fathers power.

#19 Edited by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

A few more scans for arion .

Here he smacks Superman around . Before anyone says about superman weak to magic this was after Phantom Stranger gave him his protection to magic. This was also Arion at only stored power not his full power

Yet some more

Here while under the spell of Circe and her control he takes on the Phantom Stranger, Wonder Woman and Etrigan

And he's only my SECOND most powerful member.

#20 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#21 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil:

#22 Posted by HigorM (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

come on I want to see some action!

#23 Posted by beatboks1 (6387 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM said:

come on I want to see some action!

If you build it he will come

#24 Posted by HigorM (3239 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I hope so.