Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@Backflip said:

if you're all done, I'm ready for voting -

No, it's going to take a while for my response, that's all.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By YoungJustice

@beatboks1: Different scenarios apply to different maps.......

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@Backflip said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

No Caption Provided

@Backflip:

The attack.

With Cable and X-Man knowing your whole team's plan, it's easy for them to counter. Cable has held Cyclops' Optic blast in check. So no blast. Taking him out in a short TK battle.

X-Man will start confusion among your team, with illusions. Then follow with some TK blast. Crushing Mandarin, Sage, & Mace Windu.

@Backflip: Having to change this part of the attack.

Changing Cable vs P5 Cyclopes to X-Man vs P5 Cyclopes.

X-Man being just as powerful, will preform Cable's feats. By now it's understood any one with Hulk level strength/durability can hold Cyclops' Optic Blast

Hahaha, no. X-Man is sure as hell powerful, but Cyclops' possesses the Phoenix, and no amount of blocking his eye blasts is going to get round the fact that Cyclops' will just hit him with a Telekinetic wave.

Cyclops blows the Avengers (Including Hulk and Thing) away with a wave of his hand. This is what he'll do to your team, X-Man included.
Cyclops blows the Avengers (Including Hulk and Thing) away with a wave of his hand. This is what he'll do to your team, X-Man included.

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

This is still in effect "Then follow with some TK blast. Crushing Mandarin, Sage, & Mace Windu."

Look at that second Feat, that is all Sage. She's hacked his security protocols, blinding him and making her seem like she isn't a threat. Also, as I said, how can you outhack someone who knows everything?
Cyborg Superman wouldn't protect War Machine, it's not in his character. More to the point, War Machine wouldn't let Cyborg Superman assimilate him.

Do you have scans of Omniscience & how it works.

War Machine has already linked with Cyborg Superman during prep. Any attempt to hack War Machine is noted and canceled.

Cute, but no. Quasar has absorbed a sun from half a solar system away. He can drain the entire Watch Tower in an instant if he feels like it.

Out of the question. Meaning it breaks the rules.

Oh and Illusions? Yeah No. Sage is immune to telepathy, so is Quasar. Thor Girl possesses the same enchantments as Thor, so she's probably highly resistant. Mace is a Telepath himself, and therefore Phoenix Cyclops only has to shield himself and Mandarin, easy peasy.

I would like to see scans of immunity, adding the fact X-Man will still crush her. I expected as much from Quasar, but he will still be fighting Cyborg Superman & War Machine. Thor girl my have resistance against mind reading but illusions need to be proven. Thor has been taken out by TP attacks before . Mace needs to have TP resistance not just TP to fight of TP attacks. Cyclops will be gone (see above). That is null & void so mind reading and illusions still hold.

So that effectively rips your plans to shreads. Without your illusion, War Machine and Cyborg Superman are still going to go down.
Also, your LMDs?

Having been taken out by the combined effort of X-Man and Banner Hulk AKA Professor Hulk. this is deemed irreverent.

Bare in mind though, during the Prep, if we're allowed to bring in additional forces, then Mace is totally dragging in a Clone Army, or perhaps just a battle cruiser to blast your team to hell with.

The thing is, it's fully in character and resources to to have LMD's Plus they are all invisible (see Fury's standard equipment above). So simply fighting them like cannon fodder will not work.

One LMD's is enough to fight Captain America. (post scans later).

You honestly believe that X-Man is going to fight Cyclops, then just wipe out my team straight after the battle, and you think in the mean time, my team is going to do nothing? Yeah no. Mandarin and Mace are going to decimate Fury and Cable within seconds, and Sage will outhack War Machine whilst Quasar deals with Cyborg Superman.

No Caption Provided

Concerning this. I've already posted scans to prove Sage's telepathic resistance. She can put up a firewall that makes her immune to all forms of Telepathy.

Furthermore, it is also fully in character for Mace Windu to lead a platoon of Clones as he is Clone Commander during the Clone Wars.

Thus, once again, the match returns to my battle plan, and my strategy will unfold unhindered.

If it's strong enough to push X-Man, then it's illegal for Cyclops to use. Seeing as there are 4 100+ ton people on my team and Namor could not possibly perform the same feat. That would make Cyclops power in rage to be a powerhouse. Is this correct.

The it wouldn't' take 1 min for X-Man to destroy Cyclops.

Note: He attacked Sinister and he's able to control every molecule of his body.

This scan shows X-Man vaporizing another character able to control their molecules.

No Caption Provided

Cyclops will not be a problem, so X-Man can still turn his attention to Mandarin, Sage, & Mace Windu. To finish them off if the Banner Hulk has not done it already.

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@Backflip:

Hulk will give the famous thunder clap. To the confused team. Sending Thor girl and any left overs back. Leaving them unconscious.

The 51 Nick Furys will be support. Surrounding, then emptying rounds after rounds into your team. While they are completely unaware.

With the combine effort of my team is enough to take out any one standing.

If that did not do it then, Mandarin and Mace will be in over their heads. Fifty LMD's that are invisible, with force shields, power boots that can jump 100 meters, & armed with guns that can take out Skrulls. Plus Fury has Banner Tech old power taser that can put Herc on his @$$, stop a charging Hulk, freeze Red Ghost in an intangible state, plus gives him 10 ton strength, & force shield that protects him from 100+ ton hits.

Once again Sage can not hack War Machine with Cyborg Superman there, and I still have not seen scans of omniscience on her part. But I don't think they matter because already classed hacking as mind control.

Furthermore, it is also fully in character for Mace Windu to lead a platoon of Clones as he is Clone Commander during the Clone Wars.
Thus, once again, the match returns to my battle plan, and my strategy will unfold unhindered.

If you can classify Clones as more characters than it wouldn't be allowed, because LMD's are under equipment.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: I just like to ask as i think its important... the DBZ movies are non cannon yes. I watch alot of DBZ and remember alot of the movies have HUGE conflicting issues with establish Series Cannon. Particulary Broly and Cooler movies as well the Android 13 one.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By renamed040924

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto: I just like to ask as i think its important... the DBZ movies are non cannon yes. I watch alot of DBZ and remember alot of the movies have HUGE conflicting issues with establish Series Cannon. Particulary Broly and Cooler movies as well the Android 13 one.

Some movies are canon, some aren't.

For example, Broly fits perfectly into the established canon, it's during the 10 day wait for the Cell Games, so therefore there's no reason to say it's not canon.

Bojack also fits, as well as Wrath of the Dragon.

However, movies like Tree of Might don't fit anywhere (Goku knows Kaio-Ken and Spirit Bomb, but not Super Saiyan, and Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu are alive) so they are non canon. Fusion Reborn also fits into this, as well as a few others.

I don't plan on using non canon movies in my arguments, so don't worry.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Pokergeist

@nickzambuto: Cool then. Does Cooler Movies fit? I think its doesnt at the time as Goku never made it back to earth and in that movie he couldnt do the SS thing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By renamed040924

@CadenceV2 said:

@nickzambuto: Cool then. Does Cooler Movies fit? I think its doesnt at the time as Goku never made it back to earth and in that movie he couldnt do the SS thing.

I'm pretty sure the first Cooler fits, though I'm not sure on the second. I haven't seen Cooler Returns TBH, though from what I hear, it does fit.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By nickthedevil

I'm giving this round until 0:00 my time. It is currently 15:29 as I post this. try to make your final rebuttals and points, and we'll close up for voting.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: how about that question?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Esquire

@HigorM said:

And mine, as well? It was: Can Sodam Yat use Ion to be in multiple places at once? Ion is capable of this, Kyle did it all the time, but would it be legal within the tournament rules?

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Esquire
10 hours in Lex Luthor's hands should provide ample time to think something up. And considering he'll only have to make two either way, for Luffy and himself, time constraint won't be an issue.J'onn might be powerful enough to effect other telepaths, but that doesn't constitute him being able to cloud ki sensing. Martian Manhunter works by altering the brain and thereby tricking the senses, but ki sensing has nothing to do with the brain, it has to do with, ya know, KI! Since ki doesn't exist in the DCU, MM will have no idea what it is, and will not be able to effect it in any way, thus the Z Fighters will not be hindered in the least, leaving it up to Luthor to deal with himself and Luffy, which he can do easily.

MM alters the brain’s perceptions, which was the point of my telepath example. So he will alter the way the Z Fighters perceive what they’re being told with their Ki Senses. But if Luthor can figure out how to make two he can make six, so the point is moot.

Teleportation for Green Lantern's is hardly as quick and efficient as Instant Transmission, which Goku can seamlessly integrate into actual combat. They have to actually raise their rings, open a portal, and go through it, right? Goku just puts his fingers to his head and he's off. Not to mention Jon seemed pretty beat in that scan. If Goku can't blast through constructs, he'll just teleport right into Yat's face and take him H2H. Constructs won't be of much help at that close range, and he's not gonna give his opponent the chance to open a portal and teleport. If he slips up and Yat does get away, there's nothing to stop Goku from just teleporting again right after him, and the cycle starts anew.

Jon looks beat because the only reason he teleported the JL is that they were getting pounded on by Fernus. If Goku and Yat are fighting at near-light speed, going through a portal won’t take very long. And he can also open portals in front of Goku to send him elsewhere, which will buy him momentary breathing space and a chance to get another ranged shot off. He can set his rings to attack anything that appears close to him, so Goku will get plastered the instant he appears. And with sundipped, solar-armored, auto-shield durability, he can hold up just fine at close range, anyway. Combine that with his amped strength and Ring weaponized constructs, he can easily hold his own against Goku. And what if Yat uses constructs to restrain Goku’s hands? Can he teleport without using the hand-to-head technique? Breaking out of such a construct would be more difficult than punching through since he wouldn’t have leverage and momentum. And Yat could pound on him from a distance with more constructs and heat vision while he’s restrained.

Or maybe Super Skrull just has average combat speed? You need feats to say Kl'rt is fast, not claiming him being slow is PIS. Why is it PIS? It doesn't seem to contradict anything?

I didn’t mean it was total PIS, just that he fought Hulk on Hulk’s terms. Their strength and durability seemed fine, SS just didn't fly around or use forcefields like he’s been shown to do in his other battles. His power-levels were fine, his tactics just weren't typical. But regardless, a couple speed showings:

He also tanks a full-on smash from Mjolnir in the last scan, a testament to his durability.

That said, Roshi will already be all up in Kl'rt's grill by the time the bubble is formed, mind reading and all. Master Roshi's speed is vastly superior to Super Skrull, Kl'rt's only hope really is the brain bubble. Nothing else will be able to tag him. But with techniques like the after-image, Super Skrull will be lucky to even get a clear bead on Roshi to try the brain bubble. The second the thought comes into Super Skrull's head, it'll come into Roshi's, and he'll just bust out a quick after-image to avoid getting squished. Super Skrull attacks a shadow, while the real Roshi comes up from behind.

But Roshi can’t fly. So he can’t really use his speed to great effect if Super Skrull is airborne. SS can make supernovas and use this technique to cover a large area.

No Caption Provided

Also, his forcefields block telepathy, so he can make one around himself to keep Roshi out of his head, since the Dossiers will tell him what he’s up against. The Brain Bubble could be used to surround the brain and then rip it out, or he could keep it stationary, like he’s done with things like space ships, and let Roshi’s own movements rip his brain out. With TP out of the game, Roshi won’t know which attack is coming when, which negates most of his advantages.

Who says that Gorgon is more durable than Wolverine? Either way, Wolverine's durability is nothing a comic book human can't achieve. It's his HF that makes him so tough; he can heal from damage as it happens, thus making him tough to KO. Gorgon doesn't have a HF.

Maybe you should do a little more research on Gorgon. He has one heck of a healing factor. Here he takes down Wolverine and Elektra with ease, even though they both stab him right after he tanks an explosion.

Then, after he leaves to attack Nick Fury, Wolverine jetpack smashes him at over 100 miles an hour out an upperfloor window, and he gets right back up. Logan tries to overload his HF by taking chunks of flesh off, and Gorgon doesn't slow down. He proceeds to own Howlett again.

Luffy ate a Devil Fruit, so now he can't swim. Water doesn't weaken him. Unless Gorgon brought enough water to drown straw hat, he's just gonna laugh,

I haven’t watched One Piece, but according to the One Piece Wiki: “contact with water and Kairoseki does drain Luffy of his energy and nullify the rubber's ability to absorb blunt attacks.” And according to Wikipedia, “Luffy is unable to swim and when he is touched with sea-water, it quickly negates his powers.” Are you sure this isn’t the case? And regardless, Gorgon is faster than Luffy, has TP like Roshi’s, can cast illusions as seen in the last scan where he summons Wolverine’s worst fears, and has swords that will cut right through Luffy. Luffy can’t tag him without getting sliced up, and he can’t run away because of Gorgon’s speed. Even if he somehow launches something faster that Tomishi can dodge, his healing factor will let him shrug it off. Luffy would get dominated by Gorgon.

As monumentally unfair a universe creator is in this tournament, yes, Special Beam Cannons and Destructo Disks will get through any construct Ion has. They are plot device attacks. They get through anything. Period. That's their entire schtick, and they haven't failed yet. The fact that Base Goku could cut Super Buutenks in half is proof of that, the power difference between them is like an ant to a dump truck. Even so, long as he has Instant Transmisison, Goku won't need to get through any constructs. BUT YOU'RE TOUTING SOME GUY WHO CAN CREATE A UNIVERSE???

And you’re touting plot attacks that can destroy one? I didn't use illegal feats until you started saying your characters were solar-system busting and had better stats than Superman. I abided by the rules until you threw them away.

So you're completely changing your strategy? Isn't that admitting you wouldn't win normally?

No, I’m not competely changing my strategy. I was under the impression that the limits for the tournament were set-in-stone rules we had to abide by, but you've made it clear that’s not the case. So I changed 10 minutes of the Doctor’s hitherto unused prep-time. Not a major change. Okay, I also had Yat sundip, but since Nick hadn't said that all characters got prep when I made my initial strategy, I don’t think that really counts as a change.

Now, if you're gonna have alternate strategies, I will too. [Prep stuff that I would say counts as “completely changing my strategy” far more than what I did.]
So now the battle begins.
Master Roshi fights Gorgon. With superior, well, everything, he can win here. Not quickly, or in a stomp, but he will.

How? Gorgon can tag speedsters, so he can tag Roshi. Gorgon has mindreading as good as Roshi’s, and he can also summon Roshi’s worst fears. His swords can hurt Roshi just fine, and he’s got the skill and speed feats to tag him. Gorgon has a powerful healing factor to keep him on his feet, and I haven’t been able to find anything to suggest that Roshi has anything similar. I don’t find it at all outlandish to suggest Gorgon could win. Roshi can try ranged attacks, but Tomi’s fast enough to dodge bullets and blitz Wolverine so fast he wasn’t even sensed. He can try his false images trick, but Tomi’s got TP. He can try and get up close, but Tomi’s armed with Godkiller and Grasscutter, and has durability to tank Roshi’s hits. He can win the attrition game up close, and Roshi can’t hit him at range. You agreed that it would be a good and long fight when you thought that Gorgon had no healing factor, so with that in place, Gorgon can win.

Luffy fights Super Skrull. What with that rubber body, Kl'rt really can't do much of anything that would effect Luffy. Punches bounce off him, and if his brain is squished in a force field it'll just bounce back. SS might be able to hurt him with fire, but that's only if he can tag, which until I see some Super Skrull speed feats, I don't think he could.

Speed feats have already been posted above, but they’re irrelevant here. The way a fight between Super Skrull and Luffy going to go is like this:

No Caption Provided

Luffy suspended in a bubble, and instead of a hole for punching, a hole for a supernova. Luffy’s stretchiness does nothing to help against elemental attacks, so he goes down hard.

Now we get to the good stuff. Piccolo vs The Doctor
Gohan vs Blue Beetle.
Piccolo, vs Martian Manhunter.
Goku plays keep away with Yat
Luthor flies around and helps whoever needs it.

Here’s how my team will set up the battle: Super Skrull will use forcefields and durability to intercept Piccolo and keep him occupied.

Martian Manhunter will go after Gohan. He should be just as powerful physically, and with his intangibility, shapeshifting, and versatility he can win this one.

Blue Beetle will nuke Luffy, whose durability will be useless against such an attack, and then help Manhunter with Gohan. Two on one they shouldn’t have too much trouble defeating him.

Gorgon will fight Roshi, and we both agree that it won’t be a quick battle, no matter who wins.

Yat will let Goku dance around, but he’s not going to be totally occupied with just the Super Saiyan. Even if NickD doesn’t allow Yat to be in multiple places at once, (and he hasn’t answered one way or the other), Ion will still enhance his consciousness to the point where he’ll be able to fight multiple people at once. While Goku’s kiting around trying to distract him, he’ll ground and immobilize Luthor for the Doctor to hack.

Once Lex is expelled from the armor, the Doctor can dispatch him with his freeze gun and take over the Armor himself. The newly armored Doctor will helo Gorgon defeat Roshi.

Once Lex is down, Yat will get some shots in against Gohan, which will make the Z Fighter even more overmatched. Once Gohan goes down, MM and BB will help Super Skrull defeat Piccolo.

Roshi should also be down by now against Gorgon and the Doctor, so all 5 will attack Piccolo. With Gorgon showing him his worst fears and four characters with good enough stats to keep pace with him, as well as Yat’s support, they’ll take him down.

This puts Goku down 6-1, and interestingly enough, in the episode Boom Town The Doctor exhibited the ability to control where an enemy teleporter ends up. So Goku will find himself in places he doesn't mean to be, and eventually get taken down.

So there. Classic strategies or alternate, I'm pretty sure I take it either way. Wanna go for a third strategy? Cause I'm sure I can take that as well ;)

I didn't think I was changing my strategy very much, but if that’s the way we want to do it, I’ll bite. When he visits the future to get rings for Sodam Yat, he’ll pick up 50 extras so that each of my team members have ten rings. Even with 10 hours of practice, they’ll all have auto-shields, flight, and telepathic immunity, so they’ll have an even better chance against their opponents. But I don't think that's necessary for a win.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that totally leaves Deathlok to destroy Mirror Master.

- onto the mimic taking down Deathstroke. h2h, Deathsstroke would lose. Strength of Colossus (50%, ok) that allowed him to take down a version of namor that he beat to death, snapped a version of Juggernaut's neck would be enough to ssh wade on top of Wolverines's fighting skills and healing factor, Beast's dexterity and agility. Added in Cyclops blasts and you have an extremely tough, well rounded fighter that faced off against many realities versions of heros best. he stops Deathstroke cold.

- Warlock has much more power than he ever lets on. He has the ability

to infect others with the techno organic virus and has shown to overpower magical being in Limbo and affect mages like Adam Warlock

he can also alter shape to any size, small or large. create sonic weaponry, absorb electrical energy, become a "suit" for others, and shown incrediblly high levels of resistance to magic, psionics, and physical harm. He has the vast abilities to defeat CM3.

-Blink also could easily defeat Darkclaw. As blinking him into the wall of the Fortress would not be difficult for her, as she has shown to have been very ruthless in her use of powers such as teleporting objects into others bodies and using their powers against them.

-Mother Box easily shuts down Braniac. end of story on that one.

-the argument on Doom fighting Thor are invalid, as this is not doom. It is Dr. Doomsday. Once again, BRB planet buster and whoops on Heralds. Combined with potent Asgardian magic offensive attacks, has Dr. Doomsday shown feats that he can take that punishment???

heavy offense on Silver Sufer

incapacitating Stardust, another herald...

putting down big G. low level G, but even low level is still high power set to others

- another thing i put into play........ Metron and Warlock invade Fortress's systems as soon as the enter and Utilize all fortress defenses and operating systems against your team as diversionary tactics to confuse and distract your team while mine prevail.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooo..we still doin this???

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Esquire

So is it just open season for voting, now?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By nickthedevil

Everyone, votes are open and the debates are closed. Make a list of your votes. Even people no in the game may vote.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By robertloucksjr

Young Justice over Soul Rebel.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@Esquire said:

@HigorM said:

And mine, as well? It was: Can Sodam Yat use Ion to be in multiple places at once? Ion is capable of this, Kyle did it all the time, but would it be legal within the tournament rules?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By renamed040924

I vote for NickZ. He totally stomped Esquire, and he's also far better looking.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By nickthedevil

@HigorM said:

@Esquire said:

@HigorM said:

No. unless the clones are depowered?

also people, it seems I must drop from the tourney, myself. My opponent left, and so now, we are uneven. To even it out, I will drop.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By progenitorigin

Can't speak for my opponent, but I apologize for my absence when this thread was put up, bro, I wasn't able to get online.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By nickthedevil

@progenitor: should let me know ahead of time, to give you added time :P

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Esquire

@nickzambuto said:

I vote for NickZ. He totally stomped Esquire, and he's also far better looking.

Pshhh, not unless he's a chick. Plus, NickZ used DBZ characters. He should lose for lack of style, if nothing else.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#174  Edited By beatboks1

some of these are VERY close

PikminMania vs Cosmicallyaware1 - By a hair really

Backflip vs Mr Ingenuity -Still undecided t close to call

Soul_Rebel vs YoungJustice - both gave a good argument leaning to soul rebel just

sync1 vs YourneighborhoodComicGeek - again pretty sure only one who posted ( i may even have that wrong)

beatboks1 vsHigorM - obviously not voting

nickzambuto vs Esquire - so close, just some misinformed and underestimated info of nick on adversary let him down.

Cadence vs Fetts - Prison 42

blackadamFTW vs Progenitor - did these two even compete

SpeedForceSpider vs Nickthedevil - nick there are plenty who never debated you should replace one of them

robertloucksjr vsMarvel Beast - since he had no opposition

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Esquire

Even though we don't know who won yet, I want to say: Awesome debate, man. I had tons of fun, and you're a pro, for sure. Lots of great points, and you made me think and work to keep up with you. Thanks for a great time and I look forward to going again in the future.

Also, you've inspired me. I just started reading the first volume of Dragonball. So no matter what else happens, that's a win for both of us.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By renamed040924

@Esquire said:

Even though we don't know who won yet, I want to say: Awesome debate, man. I had tons of fun, and you're a pro, for sure. Lots of great points, and you made me think and work to keep up with you. Thanks for a great time and I look forward to going again in the future.

Also, you've inspired me. I just started reading the first volume of Dragonball. So no matter what else happens, that's a win for both of us.

Thank you Esquire, a great job on your side as well, though that's a given.

It thrills me that I encouraged you to pick up Dragon Ball, encouraging someone to learn more about your favorite characters is great, but if I can make a DB fan out of you that would be my greatest accomplishment yet :P

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By renamed040924

nickzambuto VS Esquire

Leader: Piccolo.....................Leader: Martian Manhunter

Powerhouse: FPS Goku........Powerhouse: Sodam Yat (Ion)

Genius: Lex Luthor.................Genius: The Doctor

Gladiator: Master Roshi.........Gladiator: Super Skrull

Novice: FPS Gohan...............Novice: Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Scout: Monkey D. Luffy..........Scout: Gorgon

Esquire:

Gear is as follows: MM (Unarmed), Sodam Yat (GL Ring), The Doctor (TARDIS, Sonic Screwdriver), Super Skrull (Unarmed), Blue Beetle (Scarab), Gorgon (Godkiller, Grasscutter, Sunglasses)

For my prep, The Doctor will use the TARDIS to retrieve items of advantage for my team. Traveling into the future, he'll get Sodam Yat 9 more GL rings from the future where all of the GLs but Yat are dead. He'll bring these and a lantern, so that Yat can charge them with the oath. He'll also acquire some of the anti-lead-poisoning serum created for Mon-El's use from the League of Super Heroes, and give this to Yat to cure his lead poisoning. He'll retrieve Grasscutter from the past, before it was broken, and give it to Gorgon. He'll also travel into the DBZ universes future and acquire detailed reports about your characters, the DC 'verse to get reports on Lex and the One Piece world for Luffy info.

Initial Brief Strategy: When the match opens, MM will use his considerable TP powers to cast an illusion over your team. They will believe that they're alone at the pyramids and they have no one to fight, and so will let their guard down. Blue Beetle has been stated to have planet-destroying weapons, so he'll unleash devastation over your unsuspecting team. If anyone is still alive, Manhunter, Sodam Yat, and Super Skrull will pound them to death.

Bring it on, Zambuto!

NickZ:

I've been looking foward to finally getting a crack at you Esquire. Brace yourself!

Now... uhh... is there a flaw in your plan or am I missing something? You guys can travel as far into the future as you want, unless you travel to the end of time there willalways be Green Lantern's. The current ones alive in our time may die, but they'll just be replaced by more.

If you want every GL to be dead so that Sodam Yat can get their rings, you'll need to basically travel to the end of the universe, but by that time, the rings themselves will be gone as well. So that's a pretty big flaw in your plan.

Now, as for traveling into the DBZ universe to get reports on my guys, that won't work. Goku was a relatively famous guy after defeating King Piccolo, but after that, in between the time from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z, he spent 5 years with Chi Chi and Gohan in the mountains. He fell completely off the map at that point, and it wasn't long before people forgot about Goku all together once Hercule stepped onto the scene. The only info you might be able to gather about Goku and Piccolo is some way outdated power reports. With Gohan, you'll literally get nothing at all.

Getting reports on Lex, same scenario. The only people who know the real Lex Luthor besides himself are a very select few super heroes. In the eyes of the public, he's just your average corporate CEO. The reports on him your team gets will paint him as the kind hearted CEO of Lexcorp. Nothing at all will hint you to his dastardly ways. You will be completely unprepared for the cruel, cold, calculating, evil mastermind he really is.

So, in the end, your plan will do nothing more than work in my favor. Your team is going to retrieve a bunch of misinformation about the majority of my team, with the only helpful info being about Roshi and Luffy. Everyone else, your team will come away with the complete wrong idea, and thus will be completely unprepared for the real fight. The Doctor will end up prepping for Colossus when he's actually facing Hulk, if you know what I mean.

Now for the actual fight. I have the advantage of Lex Luthor being on my team. Coming from the same world as Martian Manhunter, it shouldn't be too difficult for him to realize that mind attacks against his team are imminent. So, it's off to the lab to retrieve a few TP jamming devices.

So now that we're on the battlefield, MM will find himself unable to conjur an illusion on my team, as Luthor's devices are doing a good job of keeping his mind at bay.

Now, at this point, your entire plan has pretty much fallen apart. You failed to get Yat his rings. You failed to study up on my team. And you failed to play mind tricks on us.

It's basically gonna be a brawl now. Without MM casting an illusion on us, my team will not hesitate to bum rush you guys, and with our far superior power, you won't last long.

First thing that's gonne happen, Lex is gonna suit up in the battle armor. He can go toe to toe with Big Blue in that, so Martian Manhunter will be much the same. Only difference being, Superman doesn't have a crippling fear of fire like J'onn does.

With an intellect like that of Lex Luthor, he should be capable of devicing some way to take advantage of the Martian's weakness, and in conjunction with his battle suit, effectively defeat him.

You say Blue Beetle's weapons can destroy Earth? That's no biggie, the Z Fighters have been tanking planet busting attacks since the Saiyan Saga.

Vegeta's Galick Gun was going to destroy the planet, and then some. Goku's Kamehameha was more powerful than the Galick Gun, and Vegeta took that blast in stride then came back for more.

With power levels like that, Gohan should be more than capable of defeating Blue Beetle, and that's speed and skill aside.

The Doctor, I'm afraid I'm no expert on. But from what I know, there's not much stopping Piccolo from just one shotting him within the first seconds of the fight, right?

So already it's a 5 on 4. After taking care of Mr. Who, Piccolo will tag team with Goku against Sodam Yat. With Lex Luthor on their team, the Z Fighters will be well aware of the Green Lantern's weakness to yellow energy, soo...

Yeah, I went there...

Meanwhile, Master Roshi will be duking it out with Super Skrull. KI'rt is a bit stronger than Thing, yes? Well, Roshi is a bit stronger than Krillin, and as you can see...

A bit of math indicates this boulder to weigh about 350 tons. However, for simplicity's sake,

This real life boulder weighs 340 tons, and it's noticeably smaller than the one Krillin owned.

So I've got strength locked up. Speed?

Yeah. Skill?

Most def.

Super Skrull has a few tricks up his sleeve, but this post is long enough as is, so I'll leave those to you. For now, I'm pretty sure Master Roshi has this.

And that leaves Luffy VS Gorgon.

NUFF' SAID.

Esquire:

Sorry it's taken so long, but I see your huge post and raise you a massive one. >:)

Now... uhh... is there a flaw in your plan or am I missing something? You guys can travel as far into the future as you want, unless you travel to the end of time there will always be Green Lantern's. The current ones alive in our time may die, but they'll just be replaced by more. If you want every GL to be dead so that Sodam Yat can get their rings, you'll need to basically travel to the end of the universe, but by that time, the rings themselves will be gone as well. So that's a pretty big flaw in your plan.

In Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds, Sodam Yat is one of only two GLs left in teh universe. After Mogo dies, the rings can't find new bearers, so they return to Oa. The last GL dies, and then some heroes go convince Yat to become the new force behind the GLs and he leaves to recreate the Corps after saving the universe with them. But the Doctor would arrive just before the whole World-Saving thing and talk to Yat, telling him that his past self needs the rings to win the battle. So that's where he'll get extra rings for Yat. And as we saw when Hal took extra rings, they add quite a bit of punch.

Now, as for traveling into the DBZ universe to get reports on my guys, that won't work. Goku was a relatively famous guy after defeating King Piccolo, but after that, in between the time from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z, he spent 5 years with Chi Chi and Gohan in the mountains. He fell completely off the map at that point, and it wasn't long before people forgot about Goku all together once Hercule stepped onto the scene. The only info you might be able to gather about Goku and Piccolo is some way outdated power reports. With Gohan, you'll literally get nothing at all.

So the Doctor will go and talk to Chi Chi about Goku and Gohan. The Doctor has shown to be just about the most persuasive man in any universe, I see no reason why he couldn't get the information from Chi Chi. And not even way in the future does Goku get famous again? Because if there's a single biography or anything of the sort about him, the Doctor can scrounge it up without much trouble. Or he can simply talk to the people who actually know your team, since most of the Doctor Who episodes involve him finding out things from people who don't mean to tell him.

Getting reports on Lex, same scenario. The only people who know the real Lex Luthor besides himself are a very select few super heroes. In the eyes of the public, he's just your average corporate CEO. The reports on him your team gets will paint him as the kind hearted CEO of Lexcorp. Nothing at all will hint you to his dastardly ways. You will be completely unprepared for the cruel, cold, calculating, evil mastermind he really is.

Again, most of the Doctor Who episodes involve him getting to the bottom of conspiracies and finding out secrets nobody else knows. If he knows Lex is coming, he'll figure out his sordid past pretty quickly. That's a large part of his shtick, is finding out things he's not supposed to know.

So, in the end, your plan will do nothing more than work in my favor. Your team is going to retrieve a bunch of misinformation about the majority of my team, with the only helpful info being about Roshi and Luffy. Everyone else, your team will come away with the complete wrong idea, and thus will be completely unprepared for the real fight. The Doctor will end up prepping for Colossus when he's actually facing Hulk, if you know what I mean.

The Doctor has made a living finding aliens disguised as humans and saving humanity from all sorts of convoluted plans and evil genius schemes. He finds out secrets in order to save the world, and he's saved the world literally hundreds of times. He can easily get enough information to help my team accurately prepare. Also, with his prep he'll get the freeze-gun he used against the androids in "The Girl in the Fireplace."

Now for the actual fight. I have the advantage of Lex Luthor being on my team. Coming from the same world as Martian Manhunter, it shouldn't be too difficult for him to realize that mind attacks against his team are imminent. So, it's off to the lab to retrieve a few TP jamming devices. So now that we're on the battlefield, MM will find himself unable to conjur an illusion on my team, as Luthor's devices are doing a good job of keeping his mind at bay.

I can't think of any times Lex has used TP jamming. Has he ever shown to have such tech? If not, since TP isn't very common in the DC universe, I don't think he's have put a lot of time into preparing against it, so I'm not convinced he could come up with six devices in the prep-time allotted. Wasn't it only a day of prep?

Now, at this point, your entire plan has pretty much fallen apart. You failed to get Yat his rings. You failed to study up on my team. And you failed to play mind tricks on us. It's basically gonna be a brawl now. Without MM casting an illusion on us, my team will not hesitate to bum rush you guys, and with our far superior power, you won't last long.

Neeewp. Yat got his rings, effective studies were had, and I've yet to see any proof of TP blocking. However, even without the illusion I can still take you down.

First thing that's gonne happen, Lex is gonna suit up in the battle armor. He can go toe to toe with Big Blue in that, so Martian Manhunter will be much the same. Only difference being, Superman doesn't have a crippling fear of fire like J'onn does. With an intellect like that of Lex Luthor, he should be capable of devicing some way to take advantage of the Martian's weakness, and in conjunction with his battle suit, effectively defeat him.

Wasn't he only able to keep up with Supes because he used Kryptonite radiation generators to slow him down? MM has no weakness to Kryptonite, so that's not a factor here. Manhunter has also gotten over his fear of fire. I'll try to find scans. Finally, can Luthor, or any of your other team members hit an intangible person? If not, MM can just go intangible and use martian vision to roast people.

You say Blue Beetle's weapons can destroy Earth? That's no biggie, the Z Fighters have been tanking planet busting attacks since the Saiyan Saga. Vegeta's Galick Gun was going to destroy the planet, and then some. Goku's Kamehameha was more powerful than the Galick Gun, and Vegeta took that blast in stride then came back for more. With power levels like that, Gohan should be more than capable of defeating Blue Beetle, and that's speed and skill aside.

Wait, something isn't right here. Why does it matter if Vegeta can tank planet-destroying attacks? Unless I'm missing something, Vegeta isn't on your team. And isn't he more powerful than Goku, too? So I guess I'm not really sure what the point of this part is. Blue Beetle is bonded to the Scarab, an alien device built to kill Green Lanterns. It's basically Midnighter's battle computer combined with near-linitless power and versatility. A couple scans to prove my point:

The first three exhibit the Sarab's ability to analyze a situation or opponent and both suggest countermeasures or, if the threat is great enough, initiate them by itself. The third through sixth showcase his versatility. He has cryo-cannons, neural scramblers, and potent sonics, just to name a few of his weapons. The last couple showcase firepower. The Scarab offers him a tactical nuke (small, which implies there's also a large), and he says he has a gun that can turn the planet to a cinder. He also says he can brush off a nuke with no trouble.

With Lex Luthor on their team, the Z Fighters will be well aware of the Green Lantern's weakness to yellow energy, soo... Yeah, I went there...

Kyle's ring was the first GL ring to overcome the manufacturing defect causing the vulnerability to yellow. And since Kyle was temporarily the only Green Lantern, all the subsequent rings were spawned from his. So the vulnerability no longer exists. Also, if GLs were really useless against Yellow, the Sinestro Corps wouldn't have lost the war, would they?

Meanwhile, Master Roshi will be duking it out with Super Skrull. KI'rt is a bit stronger than Thing, yes? Well, Roshi is a bit stronger than Krillin, and as you can see... A bit of math indicates this boulder to weigh about 350 tons. However, for simplicity's sake, this real life boulder weighs 340 tons, and it's noticeably smaller than the one Krillin owned. Super Skrull has a few tricks up his sleeve, but this post is long enough as is, so I'll leave those to you. For now, I'm pretty sure Master Roshi has this.

Super Skrull was over a hundred tons when Thing was only at 5. He's got strength in spades.

He's gone toe to toe with the Hulk, Thor, and Silver Surfer, and held his own. He's owned characters like She-Hulk, too, so strength and durability are no issue. Reed Richards aims a weapon that could disintegrate a small moon at him, and he doesn't even flinch:

He's got easily the strength and durability to keep up, he can fly, and he has flame and anti-matter projection powerful enough to destroy mountains. And that's not even his most potent weapon. The best thing in SS's favor is his forcefields. He can defend, block attacks, and shield himself and others, or he can trap opponents. Most devastatingly, though, he can create a force-field around an opponent's brain and contract it. He's even done that in continuity, so it's more than fair game here. Can Roshi do anything against that? Also, can Roshi detect invisible people? Because that's another card up SS's sleeve.

And that leaves Luffy VS Gorgon. NUFF' SAID.

Oh, noes! He stretchy-punched a lizard thing! But seriously, Gorgon is a beast. He has TP which gives him flawless movereading, he has travel speed fast enough to blitz Wolverine before Logan even senses him, and he has the reflexes to cut bullets in half right in front of him, and he's even tagged a speedster. To top it all off, he has his Stone Stare, which turns anyone who makes eye contact with him to stone. He's more skilled than Wolverine and a certifiable genius. Oh, and he has two magical swords that can cut through anything. What's Luffy got to compete with any of this?

Now that I've addressed your points, a few of my own: Right off the bat, MM and SS will turn invisible. Can any of your team sense them once they do? MM will immediately TP link my team and cast an illusion over your team. SS will isolate Gohan in a bubble, allowing Blue Beetle to one-shot Luffy with an energy weapon. Then BB will battle Gohan, with Gorgon moving to defend the Doctor.

SS will isolate Lex in a bubble, and The Doctor will use his Sonic Screwdriver to hack Lex's armor. He's hacked technologies from the 50th century and later with no trouble, so Lex, advanced as his tech is, won't be able to resist. With the rest of your team occupied in the fighting, they won't have anyone to defend Lex once his armor is immobilized, and Gorgon will decapitate him with Godkiller.

I'm now up 6 - 4, and The Doctor and Gorgon will team with Blue Beetle to fight Gohan. With all three of them and the versatility provided by their variety of attacks, they can take him down without much trouble. MM and SS will be nearly impossible to defeat because they've got similar stats to anyone on your team, are both invisible, and MM can go intangible while SS has forcefields. So they're perfectly capable of at least stalemating, and quite possibly beating, anyone on your team until BB, Gorgon, and the Doctor can come to their aid.

With ten rings and Ion, Sodam Yat will be the most powerful GL since Parallax. (He'd be just as powerful if Reality and Time manipulation weren't outlawed.) So he can create constructs strong enough to block your team's attacks and powerful enough to slap them around. That's besides his Superman-Level stats which allow him to slug it out with everyone on your team. His GL auto-shields will also give him better durability than anyone on your team. So I have three people invulnerable enough to stalemate indefinitely, and the other three are all easily capable enough to defeat Gohan together. This is all assuming MM can't simply wreck your team with an illusion, which I'd like to see some evidence of.

Your move, Zambuto!

NickZ:

So the Doctor will go and talk to Chi Chi about Goku and Gohan.

How's he supposed to know Chi Chi is Goku's wife? I guess he could scrounge up marriage records, but tracking those down, traveling all the way to Mt. Pazou, then spending enough time with Chi Chi to get her to talk, on top of all the other crap you plan on doing with your prep, is a lot to do in 15 minutes.

Again, most of the Doctor Who episodes involve him getting to the bottom of conspiracies and finding out secrets nobody else knows. If he knows Lex is coming, he'll figure out his sordid past pretty quickly. That's a large part of his shtick, is finding out things he's not supposed to know.

Has he ever cracked someone like Lex Luthor though? The entire superhero population of DC Earth has never been able to find even a smidge of evidence on him, and even then, an episode of Dr. Who is usually around an hour long, and can take place over the course of days; it's not something the Doctor can do in 15 minutes.

That said, why would he even bother to look at Luthor any deeper then what he finds on the surface? There's nothing to hint the Doctor that Luthor is anything more than his Wikipedia page suggests.

The way I look at it, Martian Manhunter is your biggest hitter. His TP and intangibility are tough to get around, but with my power set I'm sure I can.

A few decades of fighting the Justice League, I'm sure Lex would of had to do something about that TP at some point. This is the dude who cured his sisters cancer with junk he found in her basement, then reversed the treatment just to prove he could.

If Lex decides to go inert and they enter the battlefield unprepared, it will make no difference. The Z Fighters will be completely unaffected by any illusion casted; not only has each of them displayed very impressive telekinetic mind powers over time, but if all MM does is cast an illusion, he can only trick 5 of their senses.

Tricking 5 senses of someone like Luthor or Luffy would usually be enough, but the Z Fighters possess a 6th sense: ki sensing, the only important one.

During the Saiyan Saga, Piccolo literally tells Gohan to close his eyes and only feel the enemy's ki. Likewise, Goten and Trunks defeat Abo and Kado by closing their eyes and fighting through ki sensing.

When Goku first learned about ki, he wore a blindfold.

You can make Goku's eyes think his team is all alone on the battlefield, but you can't trick his ki. The second any of you guys arrive, he'll notice, and will waste no time in charging J'onn.

So any way you slice it, your plan won't work.

As for intangibility, if Luthor doesn't come up with something to deal with that, Piccolo can leave Sodam Yat to Goku after he blitzes the Doctor, then he and Luthor double team the Martian. He should be capable of vibrating J'onn's atoms back into solid form the same way Flash does, right? With Piccolo's vast knowledge of life and the universe (he's merged with Kami, AKA God) he'll figure it out.

As for Martian Vision, that's easily countered by a ki blast. Unless Martian Vision can destroy the solar system, like Cell stated he could, it won't be outmuscling a Special Beam Cannon or Masenko.

Wait, something isn't right here. Why does it matter if Vegeta can tank planet-destroying attacks? Unless I'm missing something, Vegeta isn't on your team. And isn't he more powerful than Goku, too? So I guess I'm not really sure what the point of this part is.

Vegeta was stronger than Goku during the Saiyan Saga.

Goku was infinitely stronger than Vegeta during the Cell Games. Gohan wasn't far off from Goku at that point.

So we have Vegeta tanking planet busting attack at power level of 18,000. FPS Gohan's power level is nearing a billion, so he can probably tank planet busting attacks as well, don't you agree?

The first three exhibit the Sarab's ability to analyze a situation or opponent and both suggest countermeasures or, if the threat is great enough, initiate them by itself. The third through sixth showcase his versatility. He has cryo-cannons, neural scramblers, and potent sonics, just to name a few of his weapons. The last couple showcase firepower. The Scarab offers him a tactical nuke (small, which implies there's also a large), and he says he has a gun that can turn the planet to a cinder. He also says he can brush off a nuke with no trouble.

Blue Beetle is far from weak, but he's really nothing the Z Fighters haven't dealt with before.

He may have a battle computer esque ability, but that's not gonna be the winning factor against an opponent who he'll be hard pressed to injure at all. Midnighter isn't gonna do much good against Thor, after all.

If you jump to 5:20, you can see just how smart a fighter Gohan is. Goten and Trunks were fighting 6 enemies all at once, each one nearly their own equal, and they weren't doing too well. Gohan comes along, as casual as ever, and coaches them on what to do. To outskill an opponent, without even, well, fighting, takes some skill.

Likewise, versatility isn't something any of the Z Fighters are lacking in. You've got your Masenkos and your Kamehamehas, nothing special,

but then when you get to the Solar Flares and your Special Beam Cannons

(yes I know that's Krillin. Don't worry, Gohan can do it too)

1:20

Solar Flare, as the name implies, creates a bright light blinding your opponent.

Special Beam Cannon is the nifty attack created by Piccolo, which drills straight through any enemy, no matter how powerful.

So, I leave you with this; what's to stop Gohan from blinding his enemy, then finishing them off with a Special Beam Cannon?

Goku and Piccolo can use the SBC too, and considering Piccolo is the creator of the attack...

Finally, a nuke isn't much to Gohan.

Considering Goku's PL was less than 400 there, and again, Gohan's PL is nearing a billion, nuke durability is no prob.

True, that wasn't an actual nuke that hit Goku, but considering it was just as big and created tidal waves which literally threw cruise ships through the air, I'd say it's comparable.

Simply put, Gohan is just better than Blue Beetle, he should take this in time to help his dad out.

Kyle's ring was the first GL ring to overcome the manufacturing defect causing the vulnerability to yellow. And since Kyle was temporarily the only Green Lantern, all the subsequent rings were spawned from his. So the vulnerability no longer exists. Also, if GLs were really useless against Yellow, the Sinestro Corps wouldn't have lost the war, would they?

I'm still prepared to say Goku would best Sodam Yat, or at least hold him until Gohan or Piccolo come to the rescue, though this is definately the toughest fight here.

Through the years, characters of Superman level power have shown the ability to punch through Green Lantern constructs. Even with 10 rings, a nice Kamehameha will be enough to shatter anything the lantern can throw out.

Out of all the Z Fighters, Goku is no doubt the most skilled, most versatile, and most tactical. Green Lantern's specialize at the range game, but with abilities like Instant Transmission, Goku can quickly turn this into a melee brawl, in which Yat is screwed.

Goku can fight off 4 enemies at the same time, each with the same power level as him, with just raw skill.

Even as a kid, Goku could fight a 300 year old martial arts legend to a standstill.

Goku may not have a whole lot of common sense, but he's the Dr. Doom of battle strategy.

the famous Instant Transmission Kamehameha is a good example of his sense of tactics.

Goku can also Solar Flare Yat and finish him off with a quick Destruco Disk,

In the end, though he's probably the greatest Green Lantern of all time, Goku has more ways of winning than Yat.

Meanwhile, Roshi will be going against Super Skrull.

I'm aware that Ki'rt is in the hundred ton range, that's what I meant by "a bit stronger than Thing", but that still leaves Roshi as about 3 times stronger.

Speed, I gotta say the turtle hermit has that in spades.

1:40 is the infamous "entire fight scene in the blink of an eye" moment. Krillin and Roshi charge each other, they exchange blows, spit at each other, think for a bit, even play a game - it literally reaches comical levels.

Meanwhile, all the audience saw them do is jump past each other.

Super Skrull can fly fast, but if he's having slug outs with Hulk, there's no way he can keep up with Roshi in combat speed. Speedblitz maybe?

Super Skrull can make force fields, but Roshi isn't known as the "God of fighting" for nothing. Besides besting Kl'rt in hand to hand combat, he can always just hypnotyze him,

Or speedblitz paralyze him,

Roshi is a beast, he can even read minds,

Super Skrull decides to use a brain bubble, Roshi will know the second he does and either rush in with a quick combo, or rip off a quick Kamehameha.

mountain busting is easy as can be for Master Roshi,

moon busting requires a bit more effort, but it's still no biggie.

Oh, noes! He stretchy-punched a lizard thing! But seriously, Gorgon is a beast. He has TP which gives him flawless movereading, he has travel speed fast enough to blitz Wolverine before Logan even senses him, and he has the reflexes to cut bullets in half right in front of him, and he's even tagged a speedster. To top it all off, he has his Stone Stare, which turns anyone who makes eye contact with him to stone. He's more skilled than Wolverine and a certifiable genius. Oh, and he has two magical swords that can cut through anything. What's Luffy got to compete with any of this?

Move reading TP is something I have as well, as Master Roshi has displayed ;)

Perhaps the turtle hermit would be better suited for Gorgon while Luffy cleans up Super Skrull? For the sake of the debate, I can make a case for both scenarios.

First of all, Luffy against Gorgon. One thing that the soon-to-be King of the Pirates definately has over his opponent is strength. Is it to much to say Luffy can one-shot Gorgon? He tosses around giant boulders, insta-KOs giant sea monsters, and even shattered Don Krieg's body armor.

For reference, Don Krieg's armor was made of the strongest metal in the East Blue. It takes canon fire like nothing, and Krieg didn't even flinch against Patty's Meatball of Doom.

Not to say Gorgon isn't fast, but Luffy beat Captain Kuro, who's speed was so that he seemed to teleport when he moves and could blitz an entire Navy ship filled with dozens of armed soldiers without breaking a sweat. Kuro even called Roronoa Zoro "sloppy", so that shows how good he himself was.

With comparable speed, and Luffy's strength, he can certainly contend with Gorgon. The difference between them is that Luffy has got the range game on his side.

Now Master Roshi against Gorgon is a quick win. Gorgon is fast, but like we've been over, the turtle hermit had an entire fight scene in the blink of an eye. Gorgon used that sword,

I see something like this happening.

Roshi pretty much has everything on Gorgon, so strategically speaking, it would be best for me if he dispatches him quickly, then he and Luffy both move on to Super Skrull, and then I should have a win secured.

Now that I've addressed your points, a few of my own: Right off the bat, MM and SS will turn invisible. Can any of your team sense them once they do?

Like I went over, the Z Fighters can all see MM and SS, invisible or no.

SS will isolate Gohan in a bubble,

Like I said, Cell's Kamehameha was solar system busting. Guess who beat Cell?

allowing Blue Beetle to one-shot Luffy with an energy weapon.

And while that's happening, Piccolo can one shot Gorgon, so it goes both ways.

In fact, I think you just got me out of my most arguable fight here, so thanks ;)

With the rest of your team occupied in the fighting,

Fighting who? I still have Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, and Master Roshi all ready. You're not saying MM and Sodam Yat can occupy all four of them at the same time, are you?

The Doctor and Gorgon will team with Blue Beetle to fight Gohan. With all three of them and the versatility provided by their variety of attacks, they can take him down without much trouble.

How? Neither Gorgon nor the Doctor will do much here, they can both be quickly dealt with by Gohan. Gorgon is fast, but FPS Gohan is well beyond him, if Gorgon isn't one shotted, he still won't be tagging.

So it still comes down to Beetle VS Gohan, of which Gohan is superior.

MM and SS will be nearly impossible to defeat because they've got similar stats to anyone on your team, are both invisible, and MM can go intangible while SS has forcefields. So they're perfectly capable of at least stalemating, and quite possibly beating,

I really don't see how SS can match Goku or Piccolo. Roshi can keep him occupied by himself, leaving either Piccolo or Goku to deal with MM. J'onn can go intangible, but if vibrating him back to solid form like Flash does won't work, it's still enough for Goku and Piccolo to just wait for him to come back on his own. All he can use while intangible is Martian Vision, which isn't gonna get through a good ki blast. He has to come back sometime.

So he can create constructs strong enough to block your team's attacks and powerful enough to slap them around.

Can these constructs stand up to a solar system busting attack?

The DBZ characters focus their attacks, so if Goku unleashes a solar system buster, the boom will only be as big as a mountain buster.

If they can stand up to Kamehamehas, Piccolo can get through with a Special Beam Cannon and Goku a Destructo Disk. No matter how powerful these shields, these two attacks are known for getting through anything. Krillin cut off Frieza's tail with a Destructo Disk; I don't think I need to say how much stronger Frieza was than Krillin.

Goku also cut Super Buu in half. Super Buu was not only stronger than Goku by a wide margin, but he had Gotenks absorbed at the time, doubling his power at least. Not to mention Goku was in base form, so with all that said I'm sure a Destructo Disk will get him through.

That's besides his Superman-Level stats which allow him to slug it out with everyone on your team.

Yat is screwed if he goes H2H with Goku. Besides Goku having superior stats to Superman by a decent bit, he's a master martial artist, so he should make quick work of Yat up close.

The GL's best chance is to stay at a range. If he does, I give you, he might win, but with Goku's Instant Transmission he won't be able to do that.

So I have three people invulnerable enough to stalemate indefinitely, and the other three are all easily capable enough to defeat Gohan together.

Super Skrull isn't stalemating anyone besides maybe Roshi, and Blue Beetle isn't beating Gohan.

You say Blue Beetle will one shot Luffy as soon as the battle begins. Considering Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan are all vastly faster than Beetle, any of them should be able to one shot Gorgon and Dr. Who during this time, then quickly erect a ki shield to save Luffy.

If the Doctor, Super Skrull, and Gorgon wanna go for Lex all at the same time, that leaves four of me vs two of you.

Divide and conquer is always a good way for anyone to win a team-based fight, the tough part is dividing. But it seems with your strategy, your actually doing that for me.

Esquire:

@nickzambuto DISCLAIMER: I only skimmed the videos you posted, so if I’m missing something major please correct me. However, I think I saw all of the important bits. Anyway, on to the debate:

How's he supposed to know Chi Chi is Goku's wife? I guess he could scrounge up marriage records, but tracking those down, traveling all the way to Mt. Pazou, then spending enough time with Chi Chi to get her to talk, on top of all the other crap you plan on doing with your prep, is a lot to do in 15 minutes. Has he ever cracked someone like Lex Luthor The entire superhero population of DC Earth has never been able to find even a smidge of evidence on him, and even then, an episode of Dr. Who is usually around an hour long, and can take place over the course of days; it's not something the Doctor can do in 15 minutes. That said, why would he even bother to look at Luthor any deeper then what he finds on the surface? There's nothing to hint the Doctor that Luthor is anything more than his Wikipedia page suggests.

First of all, where are you getting 15 minutes? According to Nickthedevil, “12 hour prep is given, dossiers of the enemy is given two hours into this prep.”

So that gives the Doctor two hours to retrieve equipment for my team and 10 hours to find out about your team. He has feats such as uncovering aliens masquerading as the Prime Minister of England, but with dossiers given, he won’t need to learn about your team. Instead, he can spend his 10 hours talking to people like Vegeta, Superman, Admiral Aokiji, and various other enemies of yours to find out ways to beat your team. Also, since prep isn’t limited to the Genius, Martian Manhunter will retrieve lots of seawater and will arm Gorgon with a watergun and some water balloons.

The way I look at it, Martian Manhunter is your biggest hitter. His TP and intangibility are tough to get around, but with my power set I'm sure I can. A few decades of fighting the Justice League, I'm sure Lex would of had to do something about that TP at some point. This is the dude who cured his sisters cancer with junk he found in her basement, then reversed the treatment just to prove he could.

The thing is, telepaths aren’t nearly as common in the DCU as they are in the MU. I’m not sure Lex has ever directly faced any of the few heroes with telepathy. The only time I can think of him being mentally attacked is when Alexander Luthor scrambled his mind in Infinite Crisis, and eh wasn’t able to stop that from happening.

If Lex decides to go inert and they enter the battlefield unprepared, it will make no difference. The Z Fighters will be completely unaffected by any illusion casted; not only has each of them displayed very impressive telekinetic mind powers over time, but if all MM does is cast an illusion, he can only trick 5 of their senses. Tricking 5 senses of someone like Luthor or Luffy would usually be enough, but the Z Fighters possess a 6th sense: ki sensing, the only important one. So any way you slice it, your plan won't work.

Hmmm. J’onn cast an illusion over Aquaman during Tower of Babel, and Aquaman is a telepath. So even though it’s not quite Ki sensing, it would still seem that the illusion affects the mind’s perception of what the senses tell it, rather than the senses themselves. So the Ki sense should be affected as well. And even if you can convince me it isn’t, his illusion will still render Luthor and Luffy impotent.

As for intangibility, if Luthor doesn't come up with something to deal with that, Piccolo can leave Sodam Yat to Goku after he blitzes the Doctor, then he and Luthor double team the Martian. He should be capable of vibrating J'onn's atoms back into solid form the same way Flash does, right? With Piccolo's vast knowledge of life and the universe (he's merged with Kami, AKA God) he'll figure it out. As for Martian Vision, that's easily countered by a ki blast. Unless Martian Vision can destroy the solar system, like Cell stated he could, it won't be outmuscling a Special Beam Cannon or Masenko.

First of all, there’s no way Luthor could come up with both anti-telepathy tech and anti-intangibility tech in 10 hours, especially since neither he nor anyone else on DC Earth has ever done either. Maybe, just maybe, he could do one, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect him to do both. Secondly, has Piccolo ever shown to be able to vibrate in such a fashion? Flash can do it because his specific powerset involves controlling his speed, but I’d like to hear some feats of Piccolo doing so. And are you saying you’d just blast a special beam cannon and hit the martian vision halfway? That’s an interesting thought, I guess it would work. MM’s vision is about as powerful as Supes’, so not solar-system busting. Although I’m not sure Solar System Busting is within the Wonder-man limits, either. But maybe I’m lowballing Wonder-Man.

Vegeta was stronger than Goku during the Saiyan Saga. Goku was infinitely stronger than Vegeta during the Cell Games. Gohan wasn't far off from Goku at that point. So we have Vegeta tanking planet busting attack at power level of 18,000. FPS Gohan's power level is nearing a billion, so he can probably tank planet busting attacks as well, don't you agree?

Maybe I’ve just been confused, but weren’t you using pre-super saiyan Goku? Because according to the DBZ wiki, the Cell Games came after Goku first turned into the Super Saiyan, which would make those feats invalid.

Blue Beetle is far from weak, but he's really nothing the Z Fighters haven't dealt with before. You can see just how smart a fighter Gohan is. To outskill an opponent, without even, well, fighting, takes some skill. [Z Fighters have] got your Masenkos and your Kamehamehas, Solar Flares and your Special Beam Cannons . Solar Flare creates a bright light blinding your opponent. Special Beam Cannon which drills straight through any enemy, no matter how powerful.

Pretty impressive, I suppose. But the Scarab automatically pinpoints weaknesses and brings out the best weapon to exploit them, as seen when it froze a red lantern or used anti-magic attacks against Eclipso. It’s even used magnetic attacks and force-fields agaisnt robots, so not only is it plenty impressive but it has an exceptional range of attacks.

What's to stop Gohan from blinding his enemy, then finishing them off with a Special Beam Cannon?

I’m glad you asked. As seen here, the Scarab can take control of the armor in case Jamie is blinded or otherwise incapacitated:

And I think his best weapon here is the neural scramblers I showed in my first post. Gohan can’t do anything while his brain isn’t responding, and it’s an AoE attack, so he can’t dodge it very well. If BB fires a planet-busting attack down his throat while he’s throwing up, he’ll certainly feel it. This could also give Gorgon a chance to close the distance with his speed and get some hacks in with Godkiller and Grasscutter. Both of which have cut through everything they’ve been faced with, so they should go right through Gohan.

I'm still prepared to say Goku would best Sodam Yat, or at least hold him until Gohan or Piccolo come to the rescue, though this is definately the toughest fight here. Through the years, characters of Superman level power have shown the ability to punch through Green Lantern constructs. Even with 10 rings, a nice Kamehameha will be enough to shatter anything the lantern can throw out.

However, none of those Green Lanterns were hosts for the Ion Entity. Ion amps its bearer far beyond any other GLs, and it’s supposedly equal in power to Parallax, who was creating an entire universe at one point. When Kyle was Ion he was basically unstoppable, and when Yat had just bonded with Ion, so had no experience with it, and before he had been exposed to yellow sun radiation, he was able to hold his own against Superboy Prime, a brick far more powerful than your version of Goku. He’s well above Superman level, and he wasn;t able to get through Yat’s Ion constructs. So a more experienced Yat, with extra rings, in the middle of a sun-drenched desert, should be more than powerful enough to take down Goku. A few more advantages Yat brings to the game: He can set his ring to auto-target, and Power Rigns are also capable of teleportation. So Instant Transmission isn’t quite the trump card you believe it to be.

Meanwhile, Roshi will be going against Super Skrull. Super Skrull can fly fast, but if he's having slug outs with Hulk, there's no way he can keep up with Roshi in combat speed. Speedblitz maybe? Super Skrull can make force fields, but Roshi isn't known as the "God of fighting" for nothing. Besides besting Kl'rt in hand to hand combat, he can always just hypnotyze him, Or speedblitz paralyze him, Roshi is a beast, he can even read minds, Super Skrull decides to use a brain bubble, Roshi will know the second he does and either rush in with a quick combo, or rip off a quick Kamehameha. mountain busting is easy as can be for Master Roshi, moon busting requires a bit more effort, but it's still no biggie.

Super Skrull having slug-outs with Hulk is a testament to his strength and durability, not a knock against his speed. He’s far faster than Hulk, but Hulk is rather a useless character if he can;t punch things. So SS needed to fight him on Hulk’s terms for the fight to be interesting. Super Skrull also has hypnotic powers, as he’s shown against Johnny Storm, Wiccan, and some normal Skrulls. Nerve strikes won’t work against someone who’s not only an alien but a bonafide shapeshifter. If Roshi tries to blitz with a bubble in his head, he’ll rip his own brain out. Not a good strategy. And SS could make another bubble to block the Kamehameha. Even if Roshi is powerful enough to blast through it, which I’m skeptical of, the blast would still be weakened enough for SS’s durability to tank without much trouble.

First of all, Luffy against Gorgon. One thing that the soon-to-be King of the Pirates definately has over his opponent is strength. Is it too much to say Luffy can one-shot Gorgon? Not to say Gorgon isn't fast, but Luffy beat Captain Kuro, who's speed was so that he seemed to teleport when he moves and could blitz an entire Navy ship filled with dozens of armed soldiers without breaking a sweat. Kuro even called Roronoa Zoro "sloppy", so that shows how good he himself was. With comparable speed, and Luffy's strength, he can certainly contend with Gorgon. The difference between them is that Luffy has got the range game on his side.

First of all, no street-leveler has the strength to one-shot Gorgon. Gorgon is more durable than Wolverine, and Wolverine took repeated shots from World War Hulk without getting KOd. No way Luffy can take him down that easily. Gorgon is easily fast enough to blitz multiple people, so his speed alone is enough to make Luffy work for a win. Combine that with greater skill than Wolverine and swords that will go right through Luffy, he can easily put the hurting on the not-yet-pirate king. He toyed with Wolverine and Elektra at the same time, both of whom have metahuman stats, powers, and extreme skill. Gorgon knows what Luffy will do as soon as Luffy knows it, and unless Luffy can move faster than bullets, his punches will be child’s play for Gorgon to slice up. Also, what's this "Range Game?" You haven't said anything Luffy can do at range. And unless it's faster than bullets, it has no chance to hurt Gorgon.

On top of this, prep has given Gorgon a whole bunch of seawater, which is Luffy's kryptonite. If he tags Luffy with any, it'll severely weaken him, which makes him even easier to defeat.

Now Master Roshi against Gorgon is a quick win. Roshi pretty much has everything on Gorgon.

That’s accurate from everything I know of Roshi. But since Gorgon’s a street-leveller, that’s not really surprising.

Here, we go back to the Sodam Yat vs Goku fight. This is the one I’m most interested in debating, so I’m happy you focused on it as well.

Can these [Yat's] constructs stand up to a solar system busting attack?

I don’t see why not. Parallax, the Fear equivalent of the Ion entity, created an entire universe, solar systems and everything, so Yat should easily have the power to create a construct with the durability of a mere solar system.

If they can stand up to Kamehamehas, Piccolo can get through with a Special Beam Cannon and Goku a Destructo Disk. No matter how powerful these shields, these two attacks are known for getting through anything.

Can they go through an entire universe? Because that’s how powerful Ion is.

Yat is screwed if he goes H2H with Goku. Besides Goku having superior stats to Superman by a decent bit, he's a master martial artist, so he should make quick work of Yat up close.

I don’t want to be “That Guy,” but when you’re this blatant it’s hard to ignore. The limit for speed and durability is Superman, so he really can’t be superior to Superman. BUT THAT’S OKAY! Because it opens me up for a tactic I didn’t think would be legal. Now that prep has been elaborated on in the OP, I’m modifying my prep strategy a smidge. Firstly, since all characters have prep time, Yat will take all twelve hours to sundip. That’s right, a Daxamite with 12-hour sundip. His stats will be astronomically above Supermans. To give you an idea, in Our Worlds At War Superman sundipped for 15 minutes, and came out with triple his normal power. He was able to move Warworld by himself. So if Yat spends 12 hours in the sun, he's going to absolutely dominate Goku in stats. And when the Doctor goes to the Legion of Superheroes future for the extra rings, he’ll stop by the Legion Museum and pick up Superboy Prime’s Solar-Amplifying armor. This will give Yat another huge increase in power and an even bigger one in durability, and since we’re fighting in a desert he has lots of sunlight to take advantage of. This combination of Sundipping and Armor will put him unbelievably above Goku in stats. This, combined with his unmatched GL powers and versatility, should be more than Goku can handle. He has auto-shields strong enough to tank whatever Goku throws at him, and even if Goku gets a shot through it’ll be weakened enough that his armor and amped durability will tank it no problem. He’s faster, stronger, and more durable because of the sundip, has hugely powerful heat vision, can teleport as well, and has all of the numerous offensive capabilities of the Green Lantern Ring, which has been stated more than once to be the most powerful weapon in the universe. Only he has ten of them, all amped by Ion. So we've got the most powerful Green Lantern ever, with all the powers of Superman only exponentially increased. This is like nothing the universe has ever seen.

You say Blue Beetle will one shot Luffy as soon as the battle begins. Considering Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan are all vastly faster than Beetle, any of them should be able to one shot Gorgon and Dr. Who during this time, then quickly erect a ki shield to save Luffy. If the Doctor, Super Skrull, and Gorgon wanna go for Lex all at the same time, that leaves four of me vs two of you. Divide and conquer is always a good way for anyone to win a team-based fight, the tough part is dividing. But it seems with your strategy, your actually doing that for me.

Okay, here’s my trump card. This is why I tagged to see if this is legal, but I don’t think it breaks any rules. Ion allows its user to be in multiple places at once. Kyle was keeping the peace on every planet in multiple sectors at the same time, so it doesn't hinder your effectiveness, either. If this is legal, than everyone on your team will have to fight a sundipped, Solar Armored, Multi-ringed, Ion-powered Sodam Yat, along with whoever else they’re fighting. So Martian Manhunter can go after Goku, Super Skrull can go after Piccolo, Blue Beetle after Roshi, The Doctor can still hack Lex’s armor, although he won’t need to anymore, Gohan will be going one-on-one with Yat, and Gorgon can still go after Luffy. With Yat fighting everyone at once, I think I have this won.

NickZ

So the Doctor will go and talk to Chi Chi about Goku and Gohan.

How's he supposed to know Chi Chi is Goku's wife? I guess he could scrounge up marriage records, but tracking those down, traveling all the way to Mt. Pazou, then spending enough time with Chi Chi to get her to talk, on top of all the other crap you plan on doing with your prep, is a lot to do in 15 minutes.

Has he ever cracked someone like Lex Luthor though? The entire superhero population of DC Earth has never been able to find even a smidge of evidence on him, and even then, an episode of Dr. Who is usually around an hour long, and can take place over the course of days; it's not something the Doctor can do in 15 minutes.

That said, why would he even bother to look at Luthor any deeper then what he finds on the surface? There's nothing to hint the Doctor that Luthor is anything more than his Wikipedia page suggests.

The way I look at it, Martian Manhunter is your biggest hitter. His TP and intangibility are tough to get around, but with my power set I'm sure I can.

A few decades of fighting the Justice League, I'm sure Lex would of had to do something about that TP at some point. This is the dude who cured his sisters cancer with junk he found in her basement, then reversed the treatment just to prove he could.

If Lex decides to go inert and they enter the battlefield unprepared, it will make no difference. The Z Fighters will be completely unaffected by any illusion casted; not only has each of them displayed very impressive telekinetic mind powers over time, but if all MM does is cast an illusion, he can only trick 5 of their senses.

Tricking 5 senses of someone like Luthor or Luffy would usually be enough, but the Z Fighters possess a 6th sense: ki sensing, the only important one.

During the Saiyan Saga, Piccolo literally tells Gohan to close his eyes and only feel the enemy's ki. Likewise, Goten and Trunks defeat Abo and Kado by closing their eyes and fighting through ki sensing.

When Goku first learned about ki, he wore a blindfold.

You can make Goku's eyes think his team is all alone on the battlefield, but you can't trick his ki. The second any of you guys arrive, he'll notice, and will waste no time in charging J'onn.

So any way you slice it, your plan won't work.

As for intangibility, if Luthor doesn't come up with something to deal with that, Piccolo can leave Sodam Yat to Goku after he blitzes the Doctor, then he and Luthor double team the Martian. He should be capable of vibrating J'onn's atoms back into solid form the same way Flash does, right? With Piccolo's vast knowledge of life and the universe (he's merged with Kami, AKA God) he'll figure it out.

As for Martian Vision, that's easily countered by a ki blast. Unless Martian Vision can destroy the solar system, like Cell stated he could, it won't be outmuscling a Special Beam Cannon or Masenko.

Wait, something isn't right here. Why does it matter if Vegeta can tank planet-destroying attacks? Unless I'm missing something, Vegeta isn't on your team. And isn't he more powerful than Goku, too? So I guess I'm not really sure what the point of this part is.

Vegeta was stronger than Goku during the Saiyan Saga.

Goku was infinitely stronger than Vegeta during the Cell Games. Gohan wasn't far off from Goku at that point.

So we have Vegeta tanking planet busting attack at power level of 18,000. FPS Gohan's power level is nearing a billion, so he can probably tank planet busting attacks as well, don't you agree?

Blue Beetle is far from weak, but he's really nothing the Z Fighters haven't dealt with before.

He may have a battle computer esque ability, but that's not gonna be the winning factor against an opponent who he'll be hard pressed to injure at all. Midnighter isn't gonna do much good against Thor, after all.

If you jump to 5:20, you can see just how smart a fighter Gohan is. Goten and Trunks were fighting 6 enemies all at once, each one nearly their own equal, and they weren't doing too well. Gohan comes along, as casual as ever, and coaches them on what to do. To outskill an opponent, without even, well, fighting, takes some skill.

Likewise, versatility isn't something any of the Z Fighters are lacking in. You've got your Masenkos and your Kamehamehas, nothing special,

but then when you get to the Solar Flares and your Special Beam Cannons

(yes I know that's Krillin. Don't worry, Gohan can do it too)

1:20

Solar Flare, as the name implies, creates a bright light blinding your opponent.

Special Beam Cannon is the nifty attack created by Piccolo, which drills straight through any enemy, no matter how powerful.

So, I leave you with this; what's to stop Gohan from blinding his enemy, then finishing them off with a Special Beam Cannon?

Goku and Piccolo can use the SBC too, and considering Piccolo is the creator of the attack...

Finally, a nuke isn't much to Gohan.

Considering Goku's PL was less than 400 there, and again, Gohan's PL is nearing a billion, nuke durability is no prob.

True, that wasn't an actual nuke that hit Goku, but considering it was just as big and created tidal waves which literally threw cruise ships through the air, I'd say it's comparable.

Simply put, Gohan is just better than Blue Beetle, he should take this in time to help his dad out.

I'm still prepared to say Goku would best Sodam Yat, or at least hold him until Gohan or Piccolo come to the rescue, though this is definately the toughest fight here.

Through the years, characters of Superman level power have shown the ability to punch through Green Lantern constructs. Even with 10 rings, a nice Kamehameha will be enough to shatter anything the lantern can throw out.

Out of all the Z Fighters, Goku is no doubt the most skilled, most versatile, and most tactical. Green Lantern's specialize at the range game, but with abilities like Instant Transmission, Goku can quickly turn this into a melee brawl, in which Yat is screwed.

Goku can fight off 4 enemies at the same time, each with the same power level as him, with just raw skill.

Even as a kid, Goku could fight a 300 year old martial arts legend to a standstill.

Goku may not have a whole lot of common sense, but he's the Dr. Doom of battle strategy.

the famous Instant Transmission Kamehameha is a good example of his sense of tactics.

Goku can also Solar Flare Yat and finish him off with a quick Destruco Disk,

In the end, though he's probably the greatest Green Lantern of all time, Goku has more ways of winning than Yat.

Meanwhile, Roshi will be going against Super Skrull.

I'm aware that Ki'rt is in the hundred ton range, that's what I meant by "a bit stronger than Thing", but that still leaves Roshi as about 3 times stronger.

Speed, I gotta say the turtle hermit has that in spades.

1:40 is the infamous "entire fight scene in the blink of an eye" moment. Krillin and Roshi charge each other, they exchange blows, spit at each other, think for a bit, even play a game - it literally reaches comical levels.

Meanwhile, all the audience saw them do is jump past each other.

Super Skrull can fly fast, but if he's having slug outs with Hulk, there's no way he can keep up with Roshi in combat speed. Speedblitz maybe?

Super Skrull can make force fields, but Roshi isn't known as the "God of fighting" for nothing. Besides besting Kl'rt in hand to hand combat, he can always just hypnotyze him,

Or speedblitz paralyze him,

Roshi is a beast, he can even read minds,

Super Skrull decides to use a brain bubble, Roshi will know the second he does and either rush in with a quick combo, or rip off a quick Kamehameha.

mountain busting is easy as can be for Master Roshi,

moon busting requires a bit more effort, but it's still no biggie.

Esquire:

10 hours in Lex Luthor's hands should provide ample time to think something up. And considering he'll only have to make two either way, for Luffy and himself, time constraint won't be an issue.J'onn might be powerful enough to effect other telepaths, but that doesn't constitute him being able to cloud ki sensing. Martian Manhunter works by altering the brain and thereby tricking the senses, but ki sensing has nothing to do with the brain, it has to do with, ya know, KI! Since ki doesn't exist in the DCU, MM will have no idea what it is, and will not be able to effect it in any way, thus the Z Fighters will not be hindered in the least, leaving it up to Luthor to deal with himself and Luffy, which he can do easily.

MM alters the brain’s perceptions, which was the point of my telepath example. So he will alter the way the Z Fighters perceive what they’re being told with their Ki Senses. But if Luthor can figure out how to make two he can make six, so the point is moot.

Teleportation for Green Lantern's is hardly as quick and efficient as Instant Transmission, which Goku can seamlessly integrate into actual combat. They have to actually raise their rings, open a portal, and go through it, right? Goku just puts his fingers to his head and he's off. Not to mention Jon seemed pretty beat in that scan. If Goku can't blast through constructs, he'll just teleport right into Yat's face and take him H2H. Constructs won't be of much help at that close range, and he's not gonna give his opponent the chance to open a portal and teleport. If he slips up and Yat does get away, there's nothing to stop Goku from just teleporting again right after him, and the cycle starts anew.

Jon looks beat because the only reason he teleported the JL is that they were getting pounded on by Fernus. If Goku and Yat are fighting at near-light speed, going through a portal won’t take very long. And he can also open portals in front of Goku to send him elsewhere, which will buy him momentary breathing space and a chance to get another ranged shot off. He can set his rings to attack anything that appears close to him, so Goku will get plastered the instant he appears. And with sundipped, solar-armored, auto-shield durability, he can hold up just fine at close range, anyway. Combine that with his amped strength and Ring weaponized constructs, he can easily hold his own against Goku. And what if Yat uses constructs to restrain Goku’s hands? Can he teleport without using the hand-to-head technique? Breaking out of such a construct would be more difficult than punching through since he wouldn’t have leverage and momentum. And Yat could pound on him from a distance with more constructs and heat vision while he’s restrained.

Or maybe Super Skrull just has average combat speed? You need feats to say Kl'rt is fast, not claiming him being slow is PIS. Why is it PIS? It doesn't seem to contradict anything?

I didn’t mean it was total PIS, just that he fought Hulk on Hulk’s terms. Their strength and durability seemed fine, SS just didn't fly around or use forcefields like he’s been shown to do in his other battles. His power-levels were fine, his tactics just weren't typical. But regardless, a couple speed showings:

He also tanks a full-on smash from Mjolnir in the last scan, a testament to his durability.

That said, Roshi will already be all up in Kl'rt's grill by the time the bubble is formed, mind reading and all. Master Roshi's speed is vastly superior to Super Skrull, Kl'rt's only hope really is the brain bubble. Nothing else will be able to tag him. But with techniques like the after-image, Super Skrull will be lucky to even get a clear bead on Roshi to try the brain bubble. The second the thought comes into Super Skrull's head, it'll come into Roshi's, and he'll just bust out a quick after-image to avoid getting squished. Super Skrull attacks a shadow, while the real Roshi comes up from behind.

But Roshi can’t fly. So he can’t really use his speed to great effect if Super Skrull is airborne. SS can make supernovas and use this technique to cover a large area.

Also, his forcefields block telepathy, so he can make one around himself to keep Roshi out of his head, since the Dossiers will tell him what he’s up against. The Brain Bubble could be used to surround the brain and then rip it out, or he could keep it stationary, like he’s done with things like space ships, and let Roshi’s own movements rip his brain out. With TP out of the game, Roshi won’t know which attack is coming when, which negates most of his advantages.

Who says that Gorgon is more durable than Wolverine? Either way, Wolverine's durability is nothing a comic book human can't achieve. It's his HF that makes him so tough; he can heal from damage as it happens, thus making him tough to KO. Gorgon doesn't have a HF.

Maybe you should do a little more research on Gorgon. He has one heck of a healing factor. Here he takes down Wolverine and Elektra with ease, even though they both stab him right after he tanks an explosion.

Then, after he leaves to attack Nick Fury, Wolverine jetpack smashes him at over 100 miles an hour out an upperfloor window, and he gets right back up. Logan tries to overload his HF by taking chunks of flesh off, and Gorgon doesn't slow down. He proceeds to own Howlett again.

Luffy ate a Devil Fruit, so now he can't swim. Water doesn't weaken him. Unless Gorgon brought enough water to drown straw hat, he's just gonna laugh,

I haven’t watched One Piece, but according to the One Piece Wiki: “contact with water and Kairoseki does drain Luffy of his energy and nullify the rubber's ability to absorb blunt attacks.” And according to Wikipedia, “Luffy is unable to swim and when he is touched with sea-water, it quickly negates his powers.” Are you sure this isn’t the case? And regardless, Gorgon is faster than Luffy, has TP like Roshi’s, can cast illusions as seen in the last scan where he summons Wolverine’s worst fears, and has swords that will cut right through Luffy. Luffy can’t tag him without getting sliced up, and he can’t run away because of Gorgon’s speed. Even if he somehow launches something faster that Tomishi can dodge, his healing factor will let him shrug it off. Luffy would get dominated by Gorgon.

As monumentally unfair a universe creator is in this tournament, yes, Special Beam Cannons and Destructo Disks will get through any construct Ion has. They are plot device attacks. They get through anything. Period. That's their entire schtick, and they haven't failed yet. The fact that Base Goku could cut Super Buutenks in half is proof of that, the power difference between them is like an ant to a dump truck. Even so, long as he has Instant Transmisison, Goku won't need to get through any constructs. BUT YOU'RE TOUTING SOME GUY WHO CAN CREATE A UNIVERSE???

And you’re touting plot attacks that can destroy one? I didn't use illegal feats until you started saying your characters were solar-system busting and had better stats than Superman. I abided by the rules until you threw them away.

So you're completely changing your strategy? Isn't that admitting you wouldn't win normally?

No, I’m not competely changing my strategy. I was under the impression that the limits for the tournament were set-in-stone rules we had to abide by, but you've made it clear that’s not the case. So I changed 10 minutes of the Doctor’s hitherto unused prep-time. Not a major change. Okay, I also had Yat sundip, but since Nick hadn't said that all characters got prep when I made my initial strategy, I don’t think that really counts as a change.

Now, if you're gonna have alternate strategies, I will too. [Prep stuff that I would say counts as “completely changing my strategy” far more than what I did.]
So now the battle begins.
Master Roshi fights Gorgon. With superior, well, everything, he can win here. Not quickly, or in a stomp, but he will.

How? Gorgon can tag speedsters, so he can tag Roshi. Gorgon has mindreading as good as Roshi’s, and he can also summon Roshi’s worst fears. His swords can hurt Roshi just fine, and he’s got the skill and speed feats to tag him. Gorgon has a powerful healing factor to keep him on his feet, and I haven’t been able to find anything to suggest that Roshi has anything similar. I don’t find it at all outlandish to suggest Gorgon could win. Roshi can try ranged attacks, but Tomi’s fast enough to dodge bullets and blitz Wolverine so fast he wasn’t even sensed. He can try his false images trick, but Tomi’s got TP. He can try and get up close, but Tomi’s armed with Godkiller and Grasscutter, and has durability to tank Roshi’s hits. He can win the attrition game up close, and Roshi can’t hit him at range. You agreed that it would be a good and long fight when you thought that Gorgon had no healing factor, so with that in place, Gorgon can win.

Luffy fights Super Skrull. What with that rubber body, Kl'rt really can't do much of anything that would effect Luffy. Punches bounce off him, and if his brain is squished in a force field it'll just bounce back. SS might be able to hurt him with fire, but that's only if he can tag, which until I see some Super Skrull speed feats, I don't think he could.

Speed feats have already been posted above, but they’re irrelevant here. The way a fight between Super Skrull and Luffy going to go is like this:

Luffy suspended in a bubble, and instead of a hole for punching, a hole for a supernova. Luffy’s stretchiness does nothing to help against elemental attacks, so he goes down hard.

Now we get to the good stuff. Piccolo vs The Doctor
Gohan vs Blue Beetle.
Piccolo, vs Martian Manhunter.
Goku plays keep away with Yat
Luthor flies around and helps whoever needs it.

Here’s how my team will set up the battle: Super Skrull will use forcefields and durability to intercept Piccolo and keep him occupied.

Martian Manhunter will go after Gohan. He should be just as powerful physically, and with his intangibility, shapeshifting, and versatility he can win this one.

Blue Beetle will nuke Luffy, whose durability will be useless against such an attack, and then help Manhunter with Gohan. Two on one they shouldn’t have too much trouble defeating him.

Gorgon will fight Roshi, and we both agree that it won’t be a quick battle, no matter who wins.

Yat will let Goku dance around, but he’s not going to be totally occupied with just the Super Saiyan. Even if NickD doesn’t allow Yat to be in multiple places at once, (and he hasn’t answered one way or the other), Ion will still enhance his consciousness to the point where he’ll be able to fight multiple people at once. While Goku’s kiting around trying to distract him, he’ll ground and immobilize Luthor for the Doctor to hack.

Once Lex is expelled from the armor, the Doctor can dispatch him with his freeze gun and take over the Armor himself. The newly armored Doctor will helo Gorgon defeat Roshi.

Once Lex is down, Yat will get some shots in against Gohan, which will make the Z Fighter even more overmatched. Once Gohan goes down, MM and BB will help Super Skrull defeat Piccolo.

Roshi should also be down by now against Gorgon and the Doctor, so all 5 will attack Piccolo. With Gorgon showing him his worst fears and four characters with good enough stats to keep pace with him, as well as Yat’s support, they’ll take him down.

This puts Goku down 6-1, and interestingly enough, in the episode Boom Town The Doctor exhibited the ability to control where an enemy teleporter ends up. So Goku will find himself in places he doesn't mean to be, and eventually get taken down.

So there. Classic strategies or alternate, I'm pretty sure I take it either way. Wanna go for a third strategy? Cause I'm sure I can take that as well ;)

I didn't think I was changing my strategy very much, but if that’s the way we want to do it, I’ll bite. When he visits the future to get rings for Sodam Yat, he’ll pick up 50 extras so that each of my team members have ten rings. Even with 10 hours of practice, they’ll all have auto-shields, flight, and telepathic immunity, so they’ll have an even better chance against their opponents. But I don't think that's necessary for a win.

Got a nice DBZ debate here, votes would be appreciated ;)

It looks long, but the scans take up a lot of room. You can read through it in multiple sessions if you need too.

Remember, votes are made on who debated better, not who wins. You guys don't do tournies so I thought I'd mention that.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Esquire

Come Vote, Guys! We want lots of votes for everybody!

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By blackadamFTW

Damn, totally forgot about this.

I vote for Nick, though.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Esquire

@blackadamFTW: All the debates need votes, if you have the opportunity. And I assume you mean NickZambuto?

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Esquire said:

@blackadamFTW: All the debates need votes, if you have the opportunity. And I assume you mean NickZambuto?

Yep.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By YoungJustice

@nickzambuto: LOL, I do tourneys.

PikminMania vs Cosmicallyaware1 - This was hardcore

Backflip vs Mr Ingenuity - I preferred Mr.I's debate.

Soul_Rebel vs YoungJustice - My match, cant vote.

sync1 vs YourneighborhoodComicGeek - Again pretty sure only one who posted ( I agree with beatboks)

beatboks1 vsHigorM - Not gonna lie, the distraction made me vote for him.

nickzambuto vs Esquire - NickZ sort of stumbled here, Esquire was like a machine.

Cadence vs Fetts - Cadence should have put together a debate that had Jean without full PF. So even if he did, he'd be good.

robertloucksjr vsMarvel Beast - Only Robert debated.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

nickzambuto, as always xD

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickthedevil said:

@progenitor: should let me know ahead of time, to give you added time :P

I wish I could have, man, it was unexpected.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By renamed040924

@YoungJustice said:

@nickzambuto: LOL, I do tourneys.

I didn't @ you, if you got a message it was a glitch, Comic Vine does that sometimes.

1-2 on our match.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By terry2012

PikminMania vs Cosmicallyaware1 -Fortress of Solitude

Backflip vs Mr Ingenuity -Watch TowerTo close to call

Soul_Rebel vs YoungJustice -Batcave

sync1 vs YourneighborhoodComicGeek -Hoover Dam

beatboks1 vsHigorM - Hellicarrier

nickzambuto vs Esquire -Pyramids

blackadamFTW vs Progenitor -Hive

SpeedForceSpider vs Nickthedevil -Disney Land

robertloucksjr vsMarvel Beast - Six Flags

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By renamed040924

2-2 on me and Esquire

@terry2012 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I love you both.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Fetts
@Esquire@nickzambuto
I've gotten through about half the debate. I'll read the rest tomorrow and vote then.
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By nickthedevil

@terry2012 said:

PikminMania vs Cosmicallyaware1 -Fortress of Solitude

Backflip vs Mr Ingenuity -Watch TowerTo close to call

Soul_Rebel vs YoungJustice -Batcave

sync1 vs YourneighborhoodComicGeek -Hoover Dam

beatboks1 vsHigorM - Hellicarrier

blackadamFTW vs Progenitor -Hive

SpeedForceSpider vs Nickthedevil -Disney Land

robertloucksjr vsMarvel Beast - Six Flags

uh, speedforcespider dropped out, and hedidn't even show up >_>

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Plus I have not even finished my debate.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By terry2012

@nickthedevil: Okay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Esquire

@nickzambuto said:

2-2 on me and Esquire

@terry2012 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

I love you both.

BlackadamFTW voted for you as well, so it's 3-2 your favor.

You seriously read through all 9 pages of debate in the hour and a half since I tagged you? That's hardcore, man. I'm impressed.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By terry2012

@Esquire: I read them fast sometimes. And sometimes I understand them were it is going before I even finish it. Some of them are a little bit obvious, but by not by much. Anyway there are pretty good arguments may I add. Your team is pretty good, but the other participant Had to many DBZ characters on their team. Martian Manhunter is a great choice against them to calm things down. But the one thing that still gets him is his weakness to fire. And I know they were going for that.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By YoungJustice

Just making sure, didn't MM lose that weakness to fire?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By renamed040924

@YoungJustice said:

Just making sure, didn't MM lose that weakness to fire?

LET THE MAN VOTE FOR WHOMEVER HE CHOOSES

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Esquire

@terry2012 said:

@Esquire: I read them fast sometimes. And sometimes I understand them were it is going before I even finish it. Some of them are a little bit obvious, but by not by much. Any there are pretty good arguments may I add. Your team is pretty good, but the other participant Had to many DBZ characters on their team. Martian Manhunter is a great choice against them to calm things down. But the one thing that still gets him is his weakness to fire. And I know they were going for that.

MM's weakness to fire is gone, and I addressed that in my second post.

said:

Manhunter has also gotten over his fear of fire. I'll try to find scans.

But I respect your opinion and your right to vote for who you think debates best. Thanks for taking the time to read through!

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By terry2012

@Esquire: Okay, Your welcome. Wait a minute your using Pre 52 Martian Manhunter right and not new 52?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#198  Edited By Backflip

as some are calling my battle to close to call, would I be allowed to voice one final rebuttal to Mr I?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#199  Edited By Backflip

PikminMania vs Cosmicallyaware1 - Felt his strategy was more convincing

Backflip vs Mr Ingenuity - Naturally I vote for myself.

Soul_Rebel vs YoungJustice - YJ just had the weaker team so it was hard for me to be convinced.

sync1 vs YourneighborhoodComicGeek - Again pretty sure only one who posted ( I agree with beatboks)

beatboks1 vs HigorM - Beatboks destroys as usual, sorry Higor :P

nickzambuto vs Esquire - This was really close to call, Esquire has seriously impressed me but still, I'm inclined to back Nick who was decisive as usual.

Cadence vs Fetts - The sheer ingenuity here is astounding, not sure if it breaks the rules though :P

robertloucksjr vs Marvel Beast - By default

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By progenitorigin

@nickthedevil: Let me know if you need an opening for a team, man, i'll gladly fill in to participate if needed.