Nick's Going Away Tournament Round 2 - Backflip vs Floopay!

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Backflip

Scenario:

No Caption Provided

The Chitauri have attacked Manhattan Island. The Avengers have met them in glorious battle. Into the midst of this chaos, two teams of superpowered beings appear. Both the Chitauri and the Avengers take them for enemies, and the battle swings to focus on the newcomers. The Council, seeing the new threat, launch a nuclear missile from the Helicarrier. The nuke will detonate 5 minutes after the start of the battle.

No Caption Provided

Rules

- Eliminate the enemy team.

- NOT Bloodlusted. Morals on, but characters will fight to the best of their abilities.

-Teams start on the buildings marked with letters, the team listed first in the topic title starts at point A, second listed at point B.

- No permanent BFR

- Both the Movie Avengers and Movie Chitauri will attack your teams. Their Morals are off. You are unable to reason with them. Avengers are those pictured plus Loki. Tony has Mark VII Armor. Hulk starts the battle Hulked out.

- Both Teams get 6 hours worth of Prep, but have no access to the battlefield. Teams get dossiers on their opponents after 4 hours, but are unaware of the conflict happening in Manhattan.

- The Prep allows you to make use of any of your resources, however I draw the line at inviting other people into the match. For Example. No Minions/Armies/LMDs however, if you had Madrox I'd allow duplicates naturally.

- No Time Manipulation or Reality Warping

-No acquiring artifacts that allow Time Manipulation or Reality Warping

The Teams!

VS

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Backflip

Prep!

My entire prep relies on Kyle Rayner's ability to teleport, as he'll be the mode of transport to get everyone to ready. Firstly, he'll will visit Sayd, and request back his Indigo, Red and Blue Lantern Rings now that he has demonstrated he has mastered the respective part of the emotional spectrum which will allow him to have a greater degree of Power than he has typically. Once he's claimed his Power Rings, and now wielding Four, he shall recreate the Faux Corp that he made in JLA: Circle of Fire. Now these were all constructs, however they were also alive, living, possessing of their own personality and equally as strong as your standard lantern.

Kyle Explaining how he created his Faux Corp and Power Girl conversing with Emerald Knight, Kyle's Daxamite Construct

As shown here, he has created 5 independent constructs that are Lanterns. In particular, Emerald Knight is a Daxamite, Ali Rayner West is a Speedster. Furthermore, once they had been created, he'd use his unique ability to create more rings for each member of his Faux GLC, and spend the final few hours training with them to ensure they are all ready and prepared.

Next, Lobo will proceed to clone himself out of his blood, and also Lobo Prime will retrieve his Bike and Red Lantern Ring

With a small army now developed from Lobo's dupes, and Kyle's Faux GLC, my team will be all but ready.

Kal Kent will gather up all the records on Cyborg Superman, and using his 12th level intellect, study and analyse the workings of the technopath. In addition, using 853rd Century tech, and his 12th level intellect he'll establish and create magnetic disruptors that counteract and reverse the effects and polarity of electromagnatism and gravitikinesis respectively. Furthermore he'll spend an hour dedicated to sundipping giving himself a tremendous boost in the battle. After merely an hour, Superman could match Darkseid, now Kal Kent is already Superman's superior in every manner so his levels will be even higher.

Starbreaker will be teleported by Kyle Rayner to a galaxy in the midst of a supernova, where he shall feed entirely on the energy provided by the exploading sun.

Cyclops will be working tactics with Genocide, who is a veteran of warfare due to her heritage. Cyclops has an immense knowledge of Magneto; having battled against him for years and will be able to plan accordingly to best him.

Cyclops will call the team back together 1 hours before the battle, to discuss tactics and plan accordingly alongside the dossiers that they'd all recieved. Kyle and Cyclops, who have both lived in New York for the majority of their lives will inform the team coherently about it's layout and structure. Finally, the team shall assembled, boosted and prepared. Starbreaker will be amped by the energy of a Supernova, Kyle Rayner will have the Rings of Rage, Indigo and Hope alongside having created his Faux GLC. Lobo will have retrieved his Rage Ring and assembled his army of clones. Genocide and Cyclops will have studied the other team intently.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@Backflip:

Prep!

Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, and Richard Rider - Quasar will be quantum leaping with my team to maximize on prep time, and Nova and Beta Ray Bill will be sharing strategies.

Hank Henshaw, Ultron, and Magneto - Ultron has a large supply of adamantium, so his first priority will be outfitting Cyborg Superman with not only Adamantium, but also his mind control / hypnosis / paralyzing stare device. He already has these, and it should be relatively easy for him to acquire them (I think some of his bots have had them before, so Hank can simply take them from one of those). Then, he gives all his remaining supply of adamantium to Magneto. Whichever he has used for his various Ultron Bots, and for the other creations he has gotten ahold of in the past.

Additionally, Ultron and Hank will create a device quickly that allows Ultron and Hank to sound like whomever they want. Before you say anything, this technology already exists, so they will pretty much be hacking in and downloading some software and then using it, which will take these two mega technopaths all of 3 seconds.

Additionally, Hank's new body will come with spiked knuckles. Which means anyone he hits, will draw blood.....lots and lots of blood. And yes, he will do this morals on and in character.

Finally, Ultron has a device that allows him to create Electromagnetic fields. Might as well give that to Cyborg Superman as well while he's there.

Magneto - Once Magneto acquires the adamantium, he will first construct a set of armor for himself. Then the rest he will shape into millions of tiny bbs.

Last couple hours:

One my team knows who your team is, Hank, Ultron, and Rider will instantly download any and all information available on your team, allowing me to know every weakness, and every strength.

Additional Note:

I see you are creating minions with your lantern, which isn't allowed during prep time :P

You also aren't allowed to create armies, so your Lobo army will be non-existant. Probably for the best, I could easily have an Ultron army to put against you if you needed me to.

How the match will go down:

First of all, Iron Man's suit is mine, because of his armor and the fact that I have two technopaths who are way out of his league. His armor then sends out a signal to SHIELD telling them to focus exclusively on your team, and that my team are allies. I know it says we can't reason with them, but I'm not reasoning with them, I have taken control of Iron Man's armor, disabled his comm systems, and then sent out broadcast signals indicating who is the enemy and who is not in his voice, thanks to my audio device from prep time.

Now then, that makes the Avengers your problem not mine.

At the same time (because Ultron is a machine and can multitask and do things simultaneously...hurray me), Ultron will hack into the helicarrier and force them to target your team, disable communications, and broadcast random orders at random intervals to make sure SHIELD is targeting your team and not mine. Again, this is now the Avengers, and SHIELD against your team.

Hank and Ultron will casually use their mind control against the Chitauri when they see them, making them target your team instead of mine. Essentially, it will now be the Avengers, SHIELD, and the Chitauri against you. Plus you have to deal with my team.

Quasar and Nova

Quasar will be my lead defense against Kal Kent and Starbreaker.

Nova will be there to help him defend himself against these two. This really shouldn't take long, not only was Quasar up to nanosecond+ reaction time before his unfortunate end, but he was the best energy drainer at the cosmic level (at least in my opinion), and it was a pretty solid tactic he used often.

Both will be drained of their energy:

Major Force was able to use Dark Quantum Energy to suck the Solar Energy out of Superman's body. Which means Kryptonian's store energy, and it can be drained. Quasar is the best of the best when it comes to energy draining.

Quasar can handle the energy of a sun, so Star Breaker will be no issue here:

As far as pulling energy out of a person, it's sort of his thing, he's done it to multiple foes, and with multiple types of energy. Starbreaker and Kal Kent are nothing special, they are super powered beings who draw their incredible powers from an energy source, nothing Quasar can't handle.

Jack of Hearts

The Laser

Stardust

Silver Surfer

Before reads this and hassles me about it. Quasar loses this fight (though he states he is trying to lose the fight, and is just putting up enough of a fight to make it look real), and I did skip a few pages between these, and just got to the meat and potatoes of these scans.

Armors up for defense

Is sucking energy from the Silver Surfer the whole fight.

Once these two finish their task, Quasar will go assist with Kyle Rayner, who he will also drain....and Nova will go assist Bill with Cyclops.

Hank Henshaw:

Hank will destroy Lobo's space motorcycle. This turns eliminates Lobo's ability to fly, and once he's done that he will be in charge of handling Genocide and Lobo with Ultron. Remember, Hank now has a shiny indestructible adamantium body, and so does Ultron. Neither Genocide nor Lobo have any way of harming these two, so it should be a pretty one sided fight.

Once Genocide is down, Ultron will be left to handle Lobo, and Hank will join the rest of my team to take out the rest of the flyers.

Note: Please clarify if Lobo is susceptible to mind control, because I am pretty sure he is, and because of that, Hank should be able to mind control him because of Ultron's device.

Most of these feats are from his respect thread and I do not claim credit for posting them. However, they are valid, and these are Hank without a shiny indestructible adamantium body with spiked knuckles..

Hank Henshaw Dominates Superboy

Hank Henshaw trumps the Eradicator...

Depowered Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Eradicator, AND Steel at the same time...

He is able to take full control of Steel's suit and force it to make him choke himself. The team ends up winning in the end, but one cannot help but admire the strength and speed this guy holds in his hands.

Doom's armor is something similar to an Iron Man suit. And he is barely able to keep Iron Man out (who has hacked into his suit multiple times, and the two have hacked each other in a stand off before). Henshaw has technopathy on a planetary scale...

Henshaw is able to create devices in Superman Red/Blue out of his body on the spot.

Over and above all this, he can heal himself on the spot (repair himself, but whatever)

Magneto

Magneto will handle Kyle.

Magneto has full control over the light spectrum, so any constructs Kyle makes, any barrier he puts up, any ability based on light energy he does, will be easily countered by Magneto. This battle starts in the city, and Kyle doesn't start nearly far enough away for Magneto to not INSTANTLY lock on him and attack.

Magneto can easily deflect any and all light based energy attacks by Kyle. This is Dazzler attacking him.

Takes her attack, and turns it back on her.

Controls the entire Electromagnetic Spectrum, which will include Kyle's light constructs, which includes his ring's barriers, and their ability to make him fly. Essentially, Kyle is now subject to Magneto's will.

Magneto's Shields

Holds up to Thor, She Hulk, and others.

Magneto's power over matter...

Magneto reacts to a blast from Cyclops when caught by surprise, so pretty good reaction timing. Shields tank a full blast from Cyclops, seals Banshee in an iron coffin from debris leftover in the air, and this is after he finished walking through a team of X-Men....so yeah, pretty good feat overall here.

Magneto will now take all the adamantium BB's he created, and shred through Kyle and anyone else unfortunate enough to get in his way. there should be thousands of these things, and being adamantium and backed by comics greatest electromagnetic user, they should pretty much pulverize anyone who they come in contact with.

He should be able to take Kyle out rather handily, if not, then Quasar will be with him shortly to finish Kyle off.

They then will move on to help Beta Ray Bill handle Phoenix Force Cyclops.

Beta Ray Bill

I haven't seen Cyclops handle Thor, nor do I know the conditions for which it happened. That being said, I'm doubting Beta Ray Bill can handle Cyclops in a defensive battle. If he were going for the KO or for the instant win, Cyclops might be able to take him (again, I'd have to see the Thor vs. Cyclops battle to comment), but he'll be keeping him distracted and stop him from assisting his team.

Beta Ray Bill vs. Stardust

Classic fight, shows off his reflexes (blocking an energy attack from only meters away with his hammer), his ability to re-direct energy attacks, and his strength. Again, he should be more than capable of holding his own against Cyclops until help arrives.

That orb, IIRC, holds the souls of a bunch of Korbonites. You can see Bill is fast enough to block an energy beam with his hammer here.

Stardust lets loose an all-out blast against Bill, and he takes stands his ground.

Beta Ray Bill UNLOADS back at Stardust....

Lets just go ahead and pin Stardust to the planet....with her own weapon...

Blasts down at her, and then is INSTANTLY back on top of her....

Beta Ray Bill vs. Alpha Ray Bill

Bill tanks an attack that wrecks what looks to be at least a quarter of a planet, and he tanks it head on, and then he shrugs it off and keeps fighting (clearly it looks like it hurt him, but not enough to put him down or to slow him down for more than few seconds).

Fights with Alpha Ray when he is the herald of Galactus, and tanks a shot from Galactus.

BRB Survives, and continues to fight.

Once he obtains help, he should be able to finish of Cyclops.

Ultron vs. Genocide

Ultron is a teambuster. And he's next to indestructible. He should be able to handle her indefinitely, and she can't really keep him down.

Ultron is nearly indestructible...

Ultron has some EM control

Electromagnetic? I got Magneto, but Ultron can also do that.

Not only nigh indestructible, but he has self repair as well

Self Repair? Yep, he's got that

Iron Man was able to harm him, so he must not be that durable right? Well, unfortunately no, Ultron these days is made of Adamantium...

Paralyzing Waves? Yeah, that's right. Thanks to Ultron, Hank will have this ability as well.

Paralyzes the Avengers...and the Fantastic Four

Mind Control!

Inferior models of Ultron are capable of projecting mind controlling waves from his eyes...

Ultron is more than a match for Genocide. He may not have her speed, but he is indestructible, and your team can't really afford to ignore him. Plus she can only attack people in the air via teleportation, which leaves her vulnerable, and she can't really do much to people on my team's level of speed, as they will be constantly moving. Ultron is the most viable target. Once he finishes with her he will take care of Lobo.

Major Advantages in this fight:

• Energy Absorbers - Beta Ray Bill can absorb any energy attack projected at him, and redirect it. Quasar is one of the all time best energy absorbers in comics.
  • Energy Control - Quasar can absorb any construct put out by Kyle. He can create and absorb his own constructs. Magneto has complete control over the EM spectrum, which includes light. Realistically, Kyle shouldn't even be able to create anything Magneto can instantly control, destroy, or focus it's energy back onto Kyle.
  • Mind Control - Thanks to Ultron, both Hank and him have it. Also, I think Lobo has no resistance to telepathy, so there's that.
  • The Avengers, SHIELD, Helicarrier - Thanks to Hank and Ultron, they should be targeting your team. This gives me a distinct numbers advantage.
  • Flight - Ultron is the only person on my team without Flight, that's a huge advantage considering Lobo's space motorcycle will be gone the second Hank gets ahold of it (which should be near instantly), and Genocide can only fight aerial opponent via teleportation.
  • Durability - Adamantium armor for Magneto and Hank makes them nearly indestructible, plus Magneto already has his shields. Ultron is already nigh indestructible. Quasar is no slouch, plus he has his shields, and then Nova has created shields that tanked Solar System busting attacks.

Your move.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Backflip

Hank Henshaw, Ultron, and Magneto - Ultron has a large supply of adamantium, so his first priority will be outfitting Cyborg Superman with not only Adamantium, but also his mind control / hypnosis / paralyzing stare device. He already has these, and it should be relatively easy for him to acquire them (I think some of his bots have had them before, so Hank can simply take them from one of those).

Do you actually have any proof of

1) Ultron's adamantium store? That stuff is ultra rare, so I don't really think he just leaves it lying around. Furthermore, it'd take a hell of a lot of Adamantium to mold two sets of armour and a selection of bullets, so I'm calling exaggeration on this until you prove to me it's possible.

2) Have we ever seen Hank assimilate technology and use it effectively?

I see you are creating minions with your lantern, which isn't allowed during prep time :P
You also aren't allowed to create armies, so your Lobo army will be non-existant. Probably for the best, I could easily have an Ultron army to put against you if you needed me to.

Nope. My faux GLC are actually.. living biological constructs, effectively they're Kyle's will made manifest and if he chooses, he can get ride of them as any other construct. So it's allowed, and furthermore the Lobo Army is Dupes, just like Madrox. So again, allowed. Your Ultron army however, would fall into the category of LMDs etc so they're not allowed :P

Hank and Ultron will casually use their mind control against the Chitauri when they see them, making them target your team instead of mine. Essentially, it will now be the Avengers, SHIELD, and the Chitauri against you. Plus you have to deal with my team.

I was expecting this, but again, Ultron has never demonstrated a telepathic mind control that would allow him to take over the Chitauri and their Hive Mind, so this is invalid.

Quasar and Nova
Nova will be there to help him defend himself against these two. This really shouldn't take long, not only was Quasar up to nanosecond+ reaction time before his unfortunate end, but he was the best energy drainer at the cosmic level (at least in my opinion), and it was a pretty solid tactic he used often.
Both will be drained of their energy

Again, no. Quasar is without a doubt, an impressive energy drainer. But he's never demonstrated the ability to absorb someone of Starbreaker's calibre. His previous victims where Iron Man level foes, Starbreaker's energy levels are nearly limitless, he dwarfs Vega by comparison. Furthermore, Starbreaker actually has better draining feats, and he should definitely be able to drain Quasar considering the fact that Annihilus did.

Magneto

Magneto has full control over the light spectrum, so any constructs Kyle makes, any barrier he puts up, any ability based on light energy he does, will be easily countered by Magneto. This battle starts in the city, and Kyle doesn't start nearly far enough away for Magneto to not INSTANTLY lock on him and attack.

Magneto can easily deflect any and all light based energy attacks by Kyle. This is Dazzler attacking him.

Kyle's constructs aren't solely light, so it's extremely presumptious to state that they can be manipulated considering not even Dr. Light can manipulate them. Also, he isn't even controlling Dazzler's blasts, he's deflecting them

Also.... You're comparing Dazzler's blasts to that of Kyle's?

Classic fight, shows off his reflexes (blocking an energy attack from only meters away with his hammer), his ability to re-direct energy attacks, and his strength. Again, he should be more than capable of holding his own against Cyclops until help arrives.

That orb, IIRC, holds the souls of a bunch of Korbonites. You can see Bill is fast enough to block an energy beam with his hammer here.

Stardust lets loose an all-out blast against Bill, and he takes stands his ground.

Beta Ray Bill UNLOADS back at Stardust....

Lets just go ahead and pin Stardust to the planet....with her own weapon...

Blasts down at her, and then is INSTANTLY back on top of her....

Bill tanks an attack that wrecks what looks to be at least a quarter of a planet, and he tanks it head on, and then he shrugs it off and keeps fighting (clearly it looks like it hurt him, but not enough to put him down or to slow him down for more than few seconds).

Fights with Alpha Ray when he is the herald of Galactus, and tanks a shot from Galactus.

BRB Survives, and continues to fight.

Cyclops battered and one shotted Thor. Multiple times.

• Energy Absorbers - Beta Ray Bill can absorb any energy attack projected at him, and redirect it. Quasar is one of the all time best energy absorbers in comics.
  • Energy Control - Quasar can absorb any construct put out by Kyle. He can create and absorb his own constructs. Magneto has complete control over the EM spectrum, which includes light. Realistically, Kyle shouldn't even be able to create anything Magneto can instantly control, destroy, or focus it's energy back onto Kyle.
  • Mind Control - Thanks to Ultron, both Hank and him have it. Also, I think Lobo has no resistance to telepathy, so there's that.
  • The Avengers, SHIELD, Helicarrier - Thanks to Hank and Ultron, they should be targeting your team. This gives me a distinct numbers advantage.
  • Flight - Ultron is the only person on my team without Flight, that's a huge advantage considering Lobo's space motorcycle will be gone the second Hank gets ahold of it (which should be near instantly), and Genocide can only fight aerial opponent via teleportation.
  • Durability - Adamantium armor for Magneto and Hank makes them nearly indestructible, plus Magneto already has his shields. Ultron is already nigh indestructible. Quasar is no slouch, plus he has his shields, and then Nova has created shields that tanked Solar System busting attacks.

Energy Absorbers? Nah. Starbreaker is far superior

Energy Control? Again, Starbreaker

Mind Control? Really? I have Phoenix and Kal Kent, far more impressive mind control abilities and telepathic prowess/power

Avengers/Shield/Helicarrier - Yeah not for long, I'll unravell this in my post

Flight - All my team can fly, aside from Genocide. (Lobo has a Red lantern Ring)

Durability - No adamantium armour for anyone actually.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Backflip

Hank Henshaw, Ultron, and Magneto - Ultron has a large supply of adamantium, so his first priority will be outfitting Cyborg Superman with not only Adamantium, but also his mind control / hypnosis / paralyzing stare device. He already has these, and it should be relatively easy for him to acquire them (I think some of his bots have had them before, so Hank can simply take them from one of those).

Do you actually have any proof of

1) Ultron's adamantium store? That stuff is ultra rare, so I don't really think he just leaves it lying around. Furthermore, it'd take a hell of a lot of Adamantium to mold two sets of armour and a selection of bullets, so I'm calling exaggeration on this until you prove to me it's possible.

2) Have we ever seen Hank assimilate technology and use it effectively?

Nope. My faux GLC are actually.. living biological constructs, effectively they're Kyle's will made manifest and if he chooses, he can get ride of them as any other construct. So it's allowed, and furthermore the Lobo Army is Dupes, just like Madrox. So again, allowed. Your Ultron army however, would fall into the category of LMDs etc so they're not allowed :P

I was expecting this, but again, Ultron has never demonstrated a telepathic mind control that would allow him to take over the Chitauri and their Hive Mind, so this is invalid.

Quasar and Nova
Both will be drained of their energy

Again, no. Quasar is without a doubt, an impressive energy drainer. But he's never demonstrated the ability to absorb someone of Starbreaker's calibre. His previous victims where Iron Man level foes, Starbreaker's energy levels are nearly limitless, he dwarfs Vega by comparison. Furthermore, Starbreaker actually has better draining feats, and he should definitely be able to drain Quasar considering the fact that Annihilus did.

Magneto

Kyle's constructs aren't solely light, so it's extremely presumptious to state that they can be manipulated considering not even Dr. Light can manipulate them. Also, he isn't even controlling Dazzler's blasts, he's deflecting them

Also.... You're comparing Dazzler's blasts to that of Kyle's?

Cyclops battered and one shotted Thor. Multiple times.

Energy Absorbers? Nah. Starbreaker is far superior

Energy Control? Again, Starbreaker

Mind Control? Really? I have Phoenix and Kal Kent, far more impressive mind control abilities and telepathic prowess/power

Avengers/Shield/Helicarrier - Yeah not for long, I'll unravell this in my post

Flight - All my team can fly, aside from Genocide. (Lobo has a Red lantern Ring)

Durability - No adamantium armour for anyone actually.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Floopay

@Backflip:

If you could post a Cyclops vs. Thor fight I'd be much obliged. The conditions for his victory are important. I have my doubts Thor would go all out against Cyclops, someone he knows and isn't known for being a bad guy. Beta Ray Bill doesn't have that same conundrum. Unless you can prove Cyclops is above Silver Surfer level, I doubt Cyclops will be able to one shot Beta Ray Bill.

Also, has Starbreaker every drained a person of their energy, because I don't think he can. In fact, IIRC he can only drain energy from planets and sun under certain conditions. When he "drains" people, he drains them of emotional energy, which is entirely different.

As for adamantium supplies, there are several degrees of Adamantium. In World War Hulk, the army was firing adamantium bullets at the Hulk, granted, it was probably Adamantium II and not True Adamantium, but nonetheless it offers a huge level of durability to my team. Obtaining it shouldn't be hard, Quasar can quantum leap to wherever SHIELD stores their supplies, and Magneto can join him. It shouldn't take long at all, quantum leap in, quantum leap out. So yes, if Thunderbolts was able to acquire enough adamantium to supply an entire army with ammo to shoot at the Hulk, I think Quasar and Mags can locate the supply and get it. Assuming Ultron doesn't have any lying around. Which he very well may, considering almost every one of his models is made purely out of adamantium, and he doesn't always "upgrade" by simply upgrading his body, sometimes he gains a new body in the process.

Additionally:

- The Prep allows you to make use of any of your resources, however I draw the line at inviting other people into the match. For Example. No Minions/Armies/LMDs however, if you had Madrox I'd allow duplicates naturally.

Specifically states, No Minions, Armies, LMDs. Making constructs, reglardless of whether or not you can dismiss them, count as minions. Lobo isn't Madrox, and I have no idea the conditions under which he cloned himself. You provided a scan showing a bunch of Lobo's that does not have a source, nor any context behind it. If Lobo can do that all the time, why isn't there an army of Lobo's in DC at any and all times? Without context I do not think it is a valid feat.

And seeing as everyone is just handing out lantern rings to their former users:

With Prep I guess Quasar quantum leaps Cyborg Superman to Sinestro Corps to get his Qwardian rings back. He's not doing anything with his time anway, might as well help a brother out :P

Clarifying My Strategy:

Starbreaker

Yes, he is susceptible to energy draining, once drained, Quasar or Nova should easily be able to destroy him.

Starbreaker being drained.

Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman's Technopathy

He is able to even adapt portions of the source wall to his will with his technopathy. No device creation yet, I'll get to that in the next post.

Parallax: Emerald Night #1: Fights Parallax. Heals himself in seconds when Hal blows a hole in his chest. Hal then merges him with the Source Wall, imprisoning him there.

Superman #128: But that doesn't stop him, he takes control of the portion of the Wall that he's imprisoned in and uses it to pull Superman into it. Considering that the Source Wall is a very one-of-a-kind object in the DCU, it speaks volumes about Henshaw's ability to control and animate all kinds of things.

Adventures of Superman #551: Creates a small army of dupes from portions of the Source Wall to fight Superman. At the end of the fight Superman thinks he's beaten Henshaw and imprisoned him in the wall again, but it was a ruse; Henshaw had bonded with Superman's energy suit to hitch a ride back to Earth without his knowledge.

Superman #129: Superman tries to restrain Henshaw in an energy grid, but he escapes by bonding with a small model of himself.

Superman Red/Superman Blue: The model falls into the hands of Toyman, and Henshaw then leaves it to create a new body for himself out of some nearby children's toys (and even that body is capable of fighting Superman).

Superman Red/Superman Blue: With a body formed out of children's toys, Henshaw fights Superman. Supes tries to restrain him in an energy field, Henshaw builds a device on the spot to break free. He then adjusts his heat vision so that it can hurt even an energy being, and then forces Superman into a position where he had no choice but to bear the brunt of Henshaw's heat vision for a while. Note that Superman himself said he couldn't stand the heat, and remember that Henshaw was doing all this with a body formed out of children's toys. Then Toyman shows up and one-shots Superman with a gun that in all probability was created by Hank.

Adventures of Superman #563: Demonstrates that his powers do not wane in the absence of sunlight the way Superman's do, and some shape-shifting.

Cyborg Superman replicating and creating devices

Not a replication, but he creates a device out of nowhere here, on the spot.

Superman Red/Superman Blue: With a body formed out of children's toys, Henshaw fights Superman. Supes tries to restrain him in an energy field, Henshaw builds a device on the spot to break free. He then adjusts his heat vision so that it can hurt even an energy being, and then forces Superman into a position where he had no choice but to bear the brunt of Henshaw's heat vision for a while. Note that Superman himself said he couldn't stand the heat, and remember that Henshaw was doing all this with a body formed out of children's toys. Then Toyman shows up and one-shots Superman with a gun that in all probability was created by Hank.

Cyborg Superman's Method of Handling Lanterns

Cyborg Superman can subdue their willpower, which should put a damper on things.

Green Lantern #11: One-shots Hal Jordan (albeit by attacking him from the back) while in possession of several power rings.

Green Lantern #12: Easily defeats Guy Gardner.

Green Lantern #12: Uses his own form of mechanized mind-control, the willhunters, on Hal. For reference's sake, Henshaw had all the "lost Lanterns" strung up and docile because his willhunters had subdued their minds. Hal manages to break free of their control, but it's later revealed that he could do so because Arisia helped him.

Green Lantern #13: Endures an attack from Hal that was as hot as the sun.

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Cyborg-Superman: Stomps Superman with several Qwardian rings.

Ultron

Ultron's Many uses of Mind-Altering Effects:

He has so many devices built into himself for this effect it's not even funny

Encephalo-Ray:

Paralyzes the Avengers

Telepathic Assault

Mind Reading

Mind Control

Hypnotizes People

Ultron's Supply of Adamantium

Yep, Ultron always has back up bodies lying around just in case the unlikely event he is destroyed. And almost every Ultron since Ultron 5 has been pure adamantium.

Your turn to clarify:

• You claim Starbreaker is a better energy absorber, yet I only believe he can absorb energy from stars and planets, hence his name. The only energy he can absorb from people is emotional energy. Unless you can provide scans indicating otherwise, I don't see him having any defense against getting drained. Which I already proved he is susceptible to, by someone who clearly isn't anywhere near Quasar's caliber of energy drainer (as she had to dump the energy output somewhere else because she couldn't handle it).
  • Phoenix Force Cyclops, yes he beat Thor, but under what conditions? I've heard that but have yet to see the scans to back it up. Fire is not something Beta Ray Bill fears, in fact, it invigorates him. He's also resistant to telepathy, and actually outclasses Thor in terms of reflexes.
  • Lobo replicating himself, that seems out of context to me, if you could provide the scans showing him actually doing it, or provide the issue in which he does it, I would be much obliged. Also, Lobo has never used the red lantern ring as far as I know, he just wears it around his neck. If he does put it on, it would pretty much turn him into a rage filled mindless fighter.
  • Ultron can broadcast mind altering attacks. Including mass paralysis, and mass telepathic assault. Do Kal Kent, Lobo, or Kyle have any resistance to telepathy to keep them safe from this? For sure the Chitauri and Shield are going down because of this, but does what about your team? I think Kyle is resistant because of his ring, but I know he's not immune, and I don't think Kal Kent or Lobo have any form of resistance to telepathy.

Overall:

• I don't think Hank can replicate Ultron's technology. I think you are correct, I was misinterpreting the scans I had. However, his time will now be reallocated to acquiring Qwardian Rings (which thanks to Quasar will only take an hour tops), and acquiring the Adamantium from Ultron. Additionally, he will still be destroying Lobo's space motorcycle. If Lobo wants to dawn the red lantern ring, and lose control of himself, that's fine.
  • I have proven Ultron has spare bodies lying around, he has used them in the past when he was destroyed, and they have always been adamantium, so yes I have a supply. Additionally, in World War Hulk there was the adamantium ammo, so I have that to fall back on in that scenario.
  • Starbreaker has been drained before, and then killed by physical means (granted, a 70 ton bullet to the face), so Quasar and Nova should be golden to defeat him in that capacity. Quasar can then jump to defeating Kyle, he has proven he can absorb light constructs, and produce his own.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Esquire

Let's see if we can't get this finished up. I don't want this tourney to die, there are so many awesome teams and debaters involved. Looks like the ball is in Backflip's court.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Esquire

@Floopay: @Backflip: Do you guys want to finish this match? If not, then I'll just have Cadence and Beatboks1 debate and pit the winner against myself or HigorM, depending on who wins our debate. If either of you wants to stay in the tourney, please tell me so that I can start figuring out the next round.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Floopay

@Esquire:

I'm waiting for a rebuttal. I've already made my case, and fortified it with scans and proof. I can't really do much else until a counter argument is presented.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Esquire

@Floopay: Just wanted to make sure you were still interested. I'll give a couple of days while HigorM and I finish up, and if he doesn't show then you'll go on to the semifinals.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Backflip

Also, has Starbreaker every drained a person of their energy, because I don't think he can. In fact, IIRC he can only drain energy from planets and sun under certain conditions. When he "drains" people, he drains them of emotional energy, which is entirely different.

You'd be wrong in that presumption. He's drained plenty of people. For Example

Absorbing the power of Superman, and Ice.
Absorbing the power of Superman, and Ice.
Specifically states, No Minions, Armies, LMDs. Making constructs, reglardless of whether or not you can dismiss them, count as minions. Lobo isn't Madrox, and I have no idea the conditions under which he cloned himself. You provided a scan showing a bunch of Lobo's that does not have a source, nor any context behind it. If Lobo can do that all the time, why isn't there an army of Lobo's in DC at any and all times? Without context I do not think it is a valid feat.

That is in itself, ridiculous. You can't outlaw Construct, they're completely different to Minions/Armies. A Construct is part of Kyle's powerset.

Also, regarding his Clones, it was originally his innate power, then when his blood was spilt a clone could grow from it. However recently Vril Drox removed that function (To keep Lobo under wraps) Naturally, I'm using Lobo pre-nerf. Also, the Scan I showed comes from Young Justice, when the Lobo clones are on Apokolips, right before they overtook the planet, and then kicked the crap out of each other once Apokolips was defeated.

Yes, he is susceptible to energy draining, once drained, Quasar or Nova should easily be able to destroy him.
Starbreaker being drained.
SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

Your scan actually proves your undoing. In it it demonstrates that the combined power of Firestorm, Dr. Light, and a Green Lantern is needed to begin to drain Starbreaker. MORE THAN THAT however, is what Dr. Light says. They're only managing to keep him restrained and thus drain him due to her 'Nanocollectors'. Which are apparently stunning him to some degree, as was apparent when they burnt out and he easily broke from from their draining.

Phoenix Force Cyclops, yes he beat Thor, but under what conditions? I've heard that but have yet to see the scans to back it up. Fire is not something Beta Ray Bill fears, in fact, it invigorates him. He's also resistant to telepathy, and actually outclasses Thor in terms of reflexes.

Well here is the fight, it's fairly short tbf.

First scan demonstrates that Thor was ready to go all out if Cyclops wouldn't surrender. Second scan, Cyclops dominates.

Ultron can broadcast mind altering attacks. Including mass paralysis, and mass telepathic assault. Do Kal Kent, Lobo, or Kyle have any resistance to telepathy to keep them safe from this? For sure the Chitauri and Shield are going down because of this, but does what about your team? I think Kyle is resistant because of his ring, but I know he's not immune, and I don't think Kal Kent or Lobo have any form of resistance to telepathy.

Your scans show Ultron controlling a few people, of which, some are Cyborgs. Nothing on the scale of the armies present. Also, The Ring protects almost indefinitely against Telepathy, and Kal Kent is a Telepath, so naturally, they're both accounted for. I need to check about Lobo, I swear I've seen a scan demonstrating TP resistance, but you'll need to give me some time to find it :P

• You claim Starbreaker is a better energy absorber, yet I only believe he can absorb energy from stars and planets, hence his name. The only energy he can absorb from people is emotional energy. Unless you can provide scans indicating otherwise, I don't see him having any defense against getting drained. Which I already proved he is susceptible to, by someone who clearly isn't anywhere near Quasar's caliber of energy drainer (as she had to dump the energy output somewhere else because she couldn't handle it).
  • Lobo replicating himself, that seems out of context to me, if you could provide the scans showing him actually doing it, or provide the issue in which he does it, I would be much obliged. Also, Lobo has never used the red lantern ring as far as I know, he just wears it around his neck. If he does put it on, it would pretty much turn him into a rage filled mindless fighter.

Already proved both of these wrong.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@Backflip:

Yes, she needed help draining Starbreaker, and needed several people to send the power to to stop her tech from being overloaded. But Quasar has feats that put him well above all of them combined in terms of energy absorbing power, and has absorbed the power of a sun before without much issue. To assume he can't drain Starbreaker, someone who has shown they can be drained, is susceptible to it, and was unable to drain his energy back (remember, Quasar's energy gets sent to the Quantum Zone, so it's not like Starbreaker can take it right back, because it's not in Quasar), I think it's safe to assume Quasar can drain him.

Additionally, you can see Thor, Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, Scarlet Witch, etc. all are being paralyzed. Iron Man has quite telepathic defenses built into his armor, and Thor has a good degree of telepathic resistance (not immunity though, he's been mind controlled on multiple occasions), it's not small feat to paralyze both of them effortlessly.

Finally, Beta Ray Bill is leagues faster and more skilled than Thor. It's doubtful PF Cyclops is going to KO him as easily, as his showings are much better, and he jobs less.

Again, people can claim BRB and Thor are equals all day, but the fact is, Beta Ray Bill regularly tanks planet level attacks, and doesn't come close to KO, and Thor doesn't. He's smarter in combat, faster, better reflexes, and uses his powers more often.

Voidian threatens to rip BRB apart via Singularity Bisection and conjures a black hole on either side of BRB, and he looks pretty alright.

Tanks a shot from Galactus that decimates half the planet behind him

Survives a planet busting attack from Omega Ray

Survives and withstands the pull of a Blackhole by Stardust

Withstands a planet busting attack from Skuttlebutt

Over and above this, Beta Ray Bill has proven he is faster than Thor, and has much better reflexes

Beta Ray Bill can perceive things moving MULTIPLE TIMES the speed of light.

Prevents this plague from spreading by annihilating the remaining mutating remains. All of this occurs within a millisecond

Blocks an energy attack from Stardust at near point blank range

Blocks multiple attacks from the Silver Surfer as well as tanks multiple attacks.

So to assume because Cyclops can beat Thor, he can take Beta Ray Bill is silly. BRB is much smarter, much faster, better reflexes, better durability, and equal strength. Thor's only advantage over him is Thor's hammer and powerset is much more versatile, but he never uses his versatility so that point is sort of null and void.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#13  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

this is fantastic guys. bravo.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Backflip

Hey guys, I'm unexpectedly having to be away from now til the 7th. I really, really want to continue this match/ and the tournament as a whole, but I understand if you just want to push to votes atm. If this is still around next week, expect me to come back guns blazing, because I've got holes to pick in Floopay's strategy. Lots of them ;) Really sorry about this trouble.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esquire

@Backflip: You back yet? I'm hoping to get this round finished up pretty soon, and you guys are the last debate not open for votes.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Esquire

@Backflip: If you aren't able to continue this in the next couple of days, I'm going to have to let Floopay move to the next round, just so we can get this thing finished up. Got any more debate left in you?