original Nick

battle of the eyepatches

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hard to say it would be a good fight but Ima say Boss cause he looks like young Clint Eastwood.

Avatar image for nothingistrue13
nothingistrue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Nick Fury held belts in a couple different fighting styles, while Big Boss was not only proficient in a few, he developed one with The Boss. Both were Green Berets and paratroopers, and were very experienced in their respective eras. Nick fought in WW2, Vietnam, and Korea, in addition to clandestine operations, while Big Boss carried out operations in Russia, Costa Rica, Afghanistan, South Africa, Mozambique, and had completed over 70 missions; in addition, he started his own mercenary companies MSF, Diamond Dogs, and, eventually, Outer Heaven. Nick is pretty protected, with his Shield armor able withstand .45 bullets, but Big Boss would most likely carry heavier weaponry than that, same goes for Fury, who usually uses a variety of pistols, but as director of SHIELD, has an entire arsenal at his disposal.

It very well could come down to prep time and other conditions. My personal bias would say BB, while most other commenters on CV would say Fury. There are a lot of variables that are undefined as of right now though.

I'll say either 5/10 for each or 6/10 BB.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueKing95

Is it h2h only or do they have the equips?

Thanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thanatic

@nothingistrue13: in the mgs universe, Big Boss is the Greatest Warrior of the 20th century

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Big Boss

Avatar image for nothingistrue13
nothingistrue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nothingistrue13

@thanatic:

I'm totally aware of that; you are speaking to one of the biggest MG fans on CV. That said, it's hard to compare the two universes. I saw a Nick Fury vs The Boss thread, and the guy in support of Fury said that while The Boss was impressive in her universe, she was essentially fighting canon fodder, and that the standards are lower in the MG universe than the Marvel universe.

I'm not denying that BB is The Greatest Soldier of the 20th Century, but you haven't specified whether or not have prep, or if this is a random encounter or what. It most certainly makes a difference because even if BB is a spectacular soldier, Fury could just prep around that. And let's not forget that Nick Fury is a fantastic soldier in his universe as well.

I've already given the win to BB, but not by a significant margin. This would be a good fight to watch.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see BB stomping. Hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young_Murloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Hajduk
@nothingistrue13 said:

Well, Nick Fury held belts in a couple different fighting styles, while Big Boss was not only proficient in a few, he developed one with The Boss. Both were Green Berets and paratroopers, and were very experienced in their respective eras. Nick fought in WW2, Vietnam, and Korea, in addition to clandestine operations, while Big Boss carried out operations in Russia, Costa Rica, Afghanistan, South Africa, Mozambique, and had completed over 70 missions; in addition, he started his own mercenary companies MSF, Diamond Dogs, and, eventually, Outer Heaven. Nick is pretty protected, with his Shield armor able withstand .45 bullets, but Big Boss would most likely carry heavier weaponry than that, same goes for Fury, who usually uses a variety of pistols, but as director of SHIELD, has an entire arsenal at his disposal.

It very well could come down to prep time and other conditions. My personal bias would say BB, while most other commenters on CV would say Fury. There are a lot of variables that are undefined as of right now though.

I'll say either 5/10 for each or 6/10 BB.

I'm totally aware of that; you are speaking to one of the biggest MG fans on CV. That said, it's hard to compare the two universes. I saw a Nick Fury vs The Boss thread, and the guy in support of Fury said that while The Boss was impressive in her universe, she was essentially fighting canon fodder, and that the standards are lower in the MG universe than the Marvel universe.

I'm not denying that BB is The Greatest Soldier of the 20th Century, but you haven't specified whether or not have prep, or if this is a random encounter or what. It most certainly makes a difference because even if BB is a spectacular soldier, Fury could just prep around that. And let's not forget that Nick Fury is a fantastic soldier in his universe as well.

I've already given the win to BB, but not by a significant margin. This would be a good fight to watch.

QFT!

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@the_hajduk: I don’t think Nick Fury has ever won a fight with a superhero on just his skills alone. He has some cool gadgets that might give him a win, or if he gets his flying car or something. Even then, I don’t think his gadgets are better then just a normal gun.

I think if Big Boss can only go 5/10 with Fury, he would lose a majority to pretty much every Marvel hero there is. It’s tough to think of a Marvel superhero that wouldn’t beat Fury.

Give Fury prep, and some bad writing, then he can be a literal planet killer, which is stupid, but for most of his appearances he’s just a spy who needs superheroes to do the big stuff for him. I can’t imagine Big Boss not stomping him in this random encounter.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@the_hajduk: I don’t think Nick Fury has ever won a fight with a superhero on just his skills alone. He has some cool gadgets that might give him a win, or if he gets his flying car or something. Even then, I don’t think his gadgets are better then just a normal gun.

I think if Big Boss can only go 5/10 with Fury, he would lose a majority to pretty much every Marvel hero there is. It’s tough to think of a Marvel superhero that wouldn’t beat Fury.

Give Fury prep, and some bad writing, then he can be a literal planet killer, which is stupid, but for most of his appearances he’s just a spy who needs superheroes to do the big stuff for him. I can’t imagine Big Boss not stomping him in this random encounter.

Hmm maybe some users like me have an inflated view of Fury...

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bob74h
No Caption Provided

Nick fury solos, He's logically far above someone like naked snake who can get damaged by bullets